To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea - Harata/Mozard, or just the one?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Are you going blue?

Poll ended at 25 Dec 2017, 10:12

Hazard+Morata
41%
Just Hazard
21%
Just Morata
28%
Something else Chelsea
6%
Nothing from the King's Road
5%

Total votes: 101

Blacksunrise
Wideboy

Re: Chelsea - Harata/Mozard, or just the one?

Post by Blacksunrise »

Morata + Alonso at the moment. Would like to add Hazard, but unfortunately won't be possible for now.
With a few possible rests in the near future, Cork need to go for RLC or... Fabregas.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

On morata and azpi ATM. Happy with my midfield so I think jones to Alonso could be on the cards soon but hazard looks quality

Bit of a "you can't have them all situation" for me

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Gone Dave, Eden and Alvaro

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Morata and Alonso for me.

Like many, I struggle with the compromises I need to make elsewhere to get Hazard in. Plus I have an awful history of having him at all the wrong times in the past.

Off topic - I would love to think at some point I will get to bank a transfer, but there’s always something that pushes that prospect further down the road. A squad restructure just now is not aligned to that objective!

samyadav
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FISODAS Champions Cup Season 29 Winner

Post by samyadav »

Just like most of the people.. Morata+Azpi

Would like to have Hazard but I'll have to remove one of Sane and Salah; and that seems questionable

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Morata + Hazard

Alonso or Azpi will join them next gw

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I have brought in Hazard, because I don't have Salah or Sane and Lukaku was pissing me off. That leaves me with both Hazard and Morata. I have Morata because I find it hard to see past him and Kane for the striker slots.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Mav3rick wrote: 26 Nov 2017, 21:57 It could be Fabregas providing those assists, I'm certainly thinking of the double up.
Nice remark. Not sure if this is interesting for this discussion, but I just did a small check and if I see it right, Fabregas had 4 key passes to Hazard with 1 leading to a goal with a sum xG of 0.53, while Morata had 2 KP to Hazard while also 1 lead to goal with a sum xG of 0.61.
Hazard had 4 KP to Morata none leading to a goal with xG 0.85. The link-up between Azpi and Morata doesn`t need to be mentioned with 6 KP and 5 of them leading to a goal. :D

So it looks like when Hazard gets an assist there is a fair chance Morata would be the scorer, but when Hazard scores there is a good chance that the provider is Fabregas although Morata looks to provide more quality chances, so bringing in Fabregas could be a good move.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Shifted from 3-4-3 to 3-5-2 (sort of) have CL from Everton and RLC so will just juggle. Guess it is a 3-4-2 +1 formation. Chelsea look pretty good and I can see them going on a crazy run. Those fixtures are just ridiculous. Obviously a risk but I think a good one. Have both and Alonso now.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Brought in Alonso and Hazard for Davies and Cork, so those two with Fàbregas for me.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Joshhua wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 09:39
Mav3rick wrote: 26 Nov 2017, 21:57 It could be Fabregas providing those assists, I'm certainly thinking of the double up.
Nice remark. Not sure if this is interesting for this discussion, but I just did a small check and if I see it right, Fabregas had 4 key passes to Hazard with 1 leading to a goal with a sum xG of 0.53, while Morata had 2 KP to Hazard while also 1 lead to goal with a sum xG of 0.61.
Hazard had 4 KP to Morata none leading to a goal with xG 0.85. The link-up between Azpi and Morata doesn`t need to be mentioned with 6 KP and 5 of them leading to a goal. :D

So it looks like when Hazard gets an assist there is a fair chance Morata would be the scorer, but when Hazard scores there is a good chance that the provider is Fabregas although Morata looks to provide more quality chances, so bringing in Fabregas could be a good move.
That's some of the best stats detective work I've seen posted recently, thanks for sharing it!

Obviously the usual warnings about small sample sizes apply but it's food for thought.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

eastcentral1 wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 09:35 ...and Lukaku was pissing me off.
+1 :D
eastcentral1 wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 09:35 That leaves me with both Hazard and Morata. I have Morata because I find it hard to see past him and Kane for the striker slots.
Agree with this. Morata seems the best choice in the premium bracket and the 8-ish forwards don't tempt be right now.

Kuchi wrote: Shifted from 3-4-3 to 3-5-2 (sort of) have CL from Everton and RLC so will just juggle. Guess it is a 3-4-2 +1 formation. Chelsea look pretty good and I can see them going on a crazy run. Those fixtures are just ridiculous. Obviously a risk but I think a good one. Have both and Alonso now.

I have both+Azpi and agree it's a risk worth taking. Easy fix dowgrading Hazard for example if it fails. Seems we are in a similar place with DCL and RLC by the way, and this week I'll probably play them both actually.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Many thanks for confirming my thoughts, Joshhua!

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I had mentioned after the WBA match how Fab was central to the attacks with the new setup. These other stats certainly help.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

No problem Mav and F4C, but it was just small check so take it with reserve. I didn't look at the minutes both or all 3 were on the pitch, with or without Kante, percentage of all KPs and so on and ofc it is a small sample size.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

For the less enlightened... what’s it actually telling me/us?

That Hazard only sets up Morata?
That Morata is the most clinical finisher at Chelsea?
That Dave is the best crosser?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Zimmerman wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 16:27 For the less enlightened... what’s it actually telling me/us?

That Hazard only sets up Morata?
That Morata is the most clinical finisher at Chelsea?
That Dave is the best crosser?
Hazard tends to be the focal point in attack and since Morata is often the player ahead of/around Hazard he tends to get the ball if Hazard passes. Morata is very good at positioning and making runs and (unlike Lukaku) can score from fewer chances. Morata also comes deep a lot to help start attacks so a ball from Fab to Mor might be laid onto Haz et al., and most of the position maps I have seen, since everyone became fit again, has Hazard's ave position further forward than Morata.

Fabregas is deeper than Hazard so even though he makes a lot of passes, Hazard's ability to drive into dangerous positions is why Fab tends to assist him. I've seen through passes attempted to Morata get knocked back. It's just easier to get the ball to Hazard.

Dave has become well known for pushing up the pitch and playing a killer diagonal long ball into the box. You could say he is the best crosser too though being usually at RCB he is more inside than out wide when he lofts one in.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Math, what did you make of Fàb's performance against Liverpool? I thought he was the best player on the pitch from the moment he stepped on it.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

He was great for maintaining possession and played Morata and Alonso into the box with some nice passes. He even got into the box himself a few times. Seems like a Fabregas assist will likely come from a Morata run off the back line or a Hazard dribble & shot. Or a corner. I'm hoping to see some Morata (Fabregas) in future fixtures.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Fabregas looking a very enticing option then (good work Joshua!)... how secure are his minutes, Chelsea fans? He could be a contender for GW15's transfer potentially.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Bakoyoko so bad last game you'd think Fab looks a good pick now

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Chelsea would've won the game had they not played that dud Bakayoko and why Drinkwater?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

From what I saw of the Pool match: those 3 in CM will struggle to work together in an attacking sense, and need Fab in there.

Eden is pretty much playing up top with Morata in a 3(5)-5(3)-2 and the wide players aren't Trippier\Bertrand etc, which is not saying they have no attacking threat, just that they aren't (not sure of the right word, but I'll go with) skillful enough re ball retention and slower build up needed for Eden.

While Drinkwater got in the box in a rather pale FFL imitiation kinda way, Fab is different class - but does Conte trust Fab 2 of the other 3 to protect the back 3?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Surely against the teams they will be facing, and with Kante around, a midfield three is more than capable defensively of carrying Fabregas for his attacking threat.

I'm only put off by looking at the (goal threat) competition from the likes of Zaha, Richarlison, Ramsey, etc. There are a lot of good mids at the price point.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pedantically it would be a midfield 2 "carrying" Fab?

I just typed what occurred to me watching the match: I could add that Bak got a lot of flak re his defensive work, but maybe there were too many Chelsea players in the area(s) he patrols etc?

catchy1979
Kevin and Perry

Post by catchy1979 »

I've had alonso and morata from the start. Added courtois at 5.4m as my 3rd chelsea player - elliot 2nd keeper. Great clean sheet potential and price. I couldnt disrupt my team to get hazard in. My team.
Courtois/elliot
alonso - naughton - mustafi - mbemba - fuchs
Grob - RLC - Salah - Sterling - Carroll(non playing)
Kane - Jesus - Morata

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Had Alonso since the start.

Brought Morata in this week for misfiring Lukaku

Option in the future to do Jesus -> Cheapie (5.1 or less), Chalobah -> Hazard . Wouldn't ever do it for -8 this week, especially as I think Jesus will play.

Might make sense for -4 next week , or roll and do it the week after.

Ideally would like playing 3rd striker for busy period, but not many options. Niasse will be back but maybe uncertain to start new manager and all (if they ever get one....). Also Hazard may rise and price me out of this option. If anything happened to Aguero I would abandon the plan.

Might even consider Chalobah -> Bakayoko. 2 goals 3 assists in 17 appearance in all comps, and they all came against weakish opposition

catchy1979
Kevin and Perry

Post by catchy1979 »

carver wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 10:18 Had Alonso since the start.

Brought Morata in this week for misfiring Lukaku

Option in the future to do Jesus -> Cheapie (5.1 or less), Chalobah -> Hazard . Wouldn't ever do it for -8 this week, especially as I think Jesus will play.

Might make sense for -4 next week , or roll and do it the week after.

Ideally would like playing 3rd striker for busy period, but not many options. Niasse will be back but maybe uncertain to start new manager and all (if they ever get one....). Also Hazard may rise and price me out of this option. If anything happened to Aguero I would abandon the plan.

Might even consider Chalobah -> Bakayoko. 2 goals 3 assists in 17 appearance in all comps, and they all came against weakish opposition
I also keep considering moving jesus on but even when he doesnt start he is scoring points.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

So, what do we think now? I for one still don't have Hazard. Getting him along with Kane is difficult. Besides, I have fires in my defence to put out.

The questions for me are:
Can Fabregas+Christensen make up for Hazard?
Will Morata be as good a captain?

One thing that I have noticed is Hazard not starting and effectively replaced by Willian+Pedro in one of the easier games (Swansea) while Fabregas didn't start in a difficult game (Liverpool). Any significance to this?

I like Fab because he'll assist some Hazard goals, assist corner goals (Christensen the possible beneficiary) and play the easier games. The third factor is kind of moot with Chelsea's run but otherwise?

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Just got Hazard in, now got him, Morata and Christensen.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”