To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea - Harata/Mozard, or just the one?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Are you going blue?

Poll ended at 25 Dec 2017, 10:12

Hazard+Morata
41%
Just Hazard
21%
Just Morata
28%
Something else Chelsea
6%
Nothing from the King's Road
5%

Total votes: 101

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Re: Chelsea - Harata/Mozard, or just the one?

Post by Yard of Grass »

Thinking of bringing in Morata for Aguero to double up for this week only and reverse next week but worry will all go wrong with Aguero scoring big this week and being rested next week with Morata having Arsenal. Do I sit on hands or balanced risk that Aguero is due a rest today and will get good game time vs Watford?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yard of Grass wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 10:06 Thinking of bringing in Morata for Aguero to double up for this week only and reverse next week but worry will all go wrong with Aguero scoring big this week and being rested next week with Morata having Arsenal. Do I sit on hands or balanced risk that Aguero is due a rest today and will get good game time vs Watford?
I have Aguero and think he won't play today. Cannot be 100% sure but he usually starts home games, meaning he should miss the one 48 hours before WAT.

If it doesn't go to plan, you have the option of a free hit. GW 22 with its rotation+DGW+fixtures is good for free hit imo. So if you transfer out Aguero today and he plays, you can ship out Morata for GW 22 and get him back for the good run of fixtures. Free hit, though, depends more on the whole team rather than one player obviously.

Morata is (c) material this week anyway. So unless you already have Hazard, get him!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Morata. I stuck with him through injury, suspensions and rotation. His payback has been eye-catchingly awful. Good bye.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

I'm with you mate. Even captained him today

He's dead to me

Out for firmino asap

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Brought him in and was equally underwhelmed. Straight out again Monday.To be fair though I was at the game and on another day..... Although at that level with three one on ones you should expect him to convert at least one!!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

With each passing GW it's increasingly obvious that Alonso and Azpi is the way to go.

I'm annoyed with myself I didn't go through with the idea as I mentioned it was something I wanted to do a while back.

I've had Alonso but always paired him with Morata/Hazard at different times, when it should have been Azpi for the other Chelsea spot.

Hazard isn't worth the money and nor is Morata, you can get more for your money elsewhere and I think both are best avoided.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Azpilicueta has done well for me along with Alonso but is about to be removed for vertonghen then in 2 GWs time will become stones

Morata is dead to me. Has burnt me in so many ways after far too much faith. Removed for firmino ASAP

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Have to see the highlights but he simply isn't worth it at this rate. Vardy looms large.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Tacalabala wrote:Have to see the highlights but he simply isn't worth it at this rate. Vardy looms large.

I saw a stat the other day saying that you can better own Vardy against top six sides than against every other side.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Joccki_10 wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 22:19
Tacalabala wrote:Have to see the highlights but he simply isn't worth it at this rate. Vardy looms large.

I saw a stat the other day saying that you can better own Vardy against top six sides than against every other side.
Sorry Joccki, do you mean Vardy does better against top six than other sides?

Just watched MotD highlights, actually I think Butland played well to stop Morata several times so it's not so clear cut.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Tacalabala wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 22:44
Joccki_10 wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 22:19

Sorry Joccki, do you mean Vardy does better against top six than other sides?

Just watched MotD highlights, actually I think Butland played well to stop Morata several times so it's not so clear cut.
1 ok save but the rest morata was quite poor IMO

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Of Vardy's 9 goals he has 1 each vs Hudd(a) and Eve(h), with the rest against the top lot.

From what I saw Morata seemed to have a grudge against Butland and wanted to hurt him with the football. As an aside: he has scored more than 1 goal in only 1 FPL match this season (Stoke away), so hardly a (C) option?

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

If you're investing in Chelsea just get their defenders - Alonso is still great value especially if we don't sign a LWB this window, his spot is just so secure. Hazard and Morata just aren't consistent enough and there are cheaper alternatives.

I'm biased and will keep Hazard since he's now back to being a differential and will hope a return to goal scoring form is imminent.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Carabao Cup SF first leg: 0-0

This is getting real bad now. I got rid of Hazard and now thinking of ditching Morata too. Favorable fixtures is no good if the team and its coach are simply trying to see out the season.

The way I see it, Chelsea will win big only when both Willian and Pedro play against minnows. Those games will be the ones where one of Morata or Hazard are rested. They've given up the league anyway and will probably wake up right before the Barcelona game.

Abandon this sinking ship. Except Alonso, he can stay.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Holding unless I need to redistribute funds. Not ideal, but not a pressing transfer for me.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Was on the cusp of ditching Hazard after the first half of last week’s arsenal match. I didn’t see the second half but accepted his points.

Watched the first half again last night and I’m now ready to move him on. Just know he’s going to cash in the second I pull the trigger. Going to give him this weekend to make a case (and whilst I work out a strategy for navigating the DGW/BGW).

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Zimmerman wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 06:10 Was on the cusp of ditching Hazard after the first half of last week’s arsenal match. I didn’t see the second half but accepted his points.

Watched the first half again last night and I’m now ready to move him on. Just know he’s going to cash in the second I pull the trigger. Going to give him this weekend to make a case (and whilst I work out a strategy for navigating the DGW/BGW).
It is understandable that it looks that way, but over last 4 gws, Chelsea is ranked 1st looking at xG related to xA of opponents (they created much more chances than opponent teams normally allow) and after Huddersfield they have best attacking fixtures in the next 5 gws. Their only issue was/is dip in conversion, which can`t last forever as Morata is actually a great finisher and probably needs one tap-in to start banging them in again and Hazard`s points will follow.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Yes, I had Hazard for a while before I shipped him for Eriksen for the DGW. My plan was to make a few changes to get him back in but I'm starting to question whether that's worth it and whether De Bruyne (and 3 City in that case with no Chelsea) would be a better move.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

The form of Morata or the frustration with Hazard are not the only factors. I suspect Chelsea are reserving their best for cup competitions, treating the league as a lost cause and a formality.

Conte has, so far, played one of Morata or Hazard in easier games. The one who does play, plays in the unproductive false nine role. We've been fretting about Pep's and Klopp's rotation, but Conte's rotation has been the worst for attacking returns.

It could change with relative easing of fixture schedule but if Conte starts even one of the two in the FA Cup replay (and, God forbid, Chelsea win) it will be the final nail in the coffin for me. No point keeping expensive misfiring players if the ideal conditions for their optimum performance come once every three weeks in difficult games.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Isn't the point the formation, though?

At the start of last season 3-4-3 was deployed as a compromise between Conte's wish for 3-5-2 and the players wanting 4-5-1\4-3-3 or whatever.....

This season Conte has got his way more often deploying Fab in the 3-5-2, leaving Eden and Morata up top. The problem is that Morata has a few issues (including: not being capable of playing 90 mins a week, let alone twice; and he is a tad miss and occasional hit in front of goal); Fab doesn't seem to be the player of yesteryear, but then that could be the lack of skillful attackers around him; and Eden isn't good enough to do it all re creating and scoring regularly.

If it wasn't for the attacking returns of Dave and Alonso, they would be battling for a CL spot with Arse and Spuds, imho.

They either need to go back to 3-4-3, without Fab, or back to the 4-5-1, with 2 DM's and Fab with Eden plus Pedro\Willian or this season will fade out, and they may be caught by Spuds and Arse?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 09:25 The form of Morata or the frustration with Hazard are not the only factors. I suspect Chelsea are reserving their best for cup competitions, treating the league as a lost cause and a formality.

Conte has, so far, played one of Morata or Hazard in easier games. The one who does play, plays in the unproductive false nine role. We've been fretting about Pep's and Klopp's rotation, but Conte's rotation has been the worst for attacking returns.

It could change with relative easing of fixture schedule but if Conte starts even one of the two in the FA Cup replay (and, God forbid, Chelsea win) it will be the final nail in the coffin for me. No point keeping expensive misfiring players if the ideal conditions for their optimum performance come once every three weeks in difficult games.
Has it?

Some of the changes have been forced (suspended) or merely navigating he Christmas schedule.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Must admit Joshua I’m not a massive advocate for the xG malarkey (mainly through ignorance).... but it was that data that swayed me (along with fixtures) to bring Hazard in in the first place... think he’s managed 22 points in the 5 weeks I’ve owned him.

On the last couple games I’ve seen him (and the games I’ve ive watched Chelsea without... ive not been massively inspired by what I’ve seen him).

On Morata is it two in the last 11 or 12 games?
When does poor form become just not cutting it?
Does Lacazette just need a goal?

Something like 11 in 25 starts in all comps?
Seeming inability to start multiple games in the same week he’s looking an expensive luxury.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Zimmerman wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 09:48
SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 09:25 The form of Morata or the frustration with Hazard are not the only factors. I suspect Chelsea are reserving their best for cup competitions, treating the league as a lost cause and a formality.

Has it?

Some of the changes have been forced (suspended) or merely navigating he Christmas schedule.
Maybe, but my fear is he'll continue to do so. Such is his lack of faith in Batshuayi that he might start hooking off Morata after 60' two weeks before the Barça game. He's already spoken about Morata leading a big club for the first time.

Moreover, if Chelsea continue to progress in the FA Cup and reach the final of Carabao Cup, the schedule is almost as tight as Christmas (Chelsea had arguably the easiest holiday schedule). All this makes me certain that Morata and Hazard's minutes will be managed.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

My main issue with Haz/Morata for the good run is also that they've got to play an Arsenal midweek LC game and two Barcelona CL games in between, as has been mentioned above. Maybe the fixtures are 'too good' in the sense that Conte will rest players in some. In fact, my main(er) issue with Hazard in particular is still his value compared to some of the cheaper mids, even with good fixtures, and with Morata there is Kun/Kane. :?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

That’s probably cemented my decision.
I was looking at the fixtures earlier and couldn’t bring myself to ditch him (or to find a convenient time) with such tasty fixtures.

But as mentioned, with being ‘so easy’ and sandwiching tough cup games then he’s sure to rotate his key personnel.

He’s going soon (spreading the funds gives me such a stronger looking team).

My fear is that I like the marquee players, the ‘guaranteed’ points even if they don’t offer vfm. The balanced side does worry me a bit.

Ramsey/Silva
v
Hazard/Loftus-Cheek

Ignoring injuries, just for illustrative purposes.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 13:57 That’s probably cemented my decision.
I was looking at the fixtures earlier and couldn’t bring myself to ditch him (or to find a convenient time) with such tasty fixtures.

But as mentioned, with being ‘so easy’ and sandwiching tough cup games then he’s sure to rotate his key personnel.

He’s going soon (spreading the funds gives me such a stronger looking team).

My fear is that I like the marquee players, the ‘guaranteed’ points even if they don’t offer vfm. The balanced side does worry me a bit.

Ramsey/Silva
v
Hazard/Loftus-Cheek

Ignoring injuries, just for illustrative purposes.
I see your point, but I am not sure that you can ignore injuries when it comes to the illustration, as injury is part of the reason Ramsey is so cheap.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Ok, but presumably you get the drift.

Was just trying to find a couple of players that would add up to a similar value.

Even if Ramsey is 0.2, 0.3 dearer I still feel more comfortable with the Hazard pairing.

Could throw in Lingard as an option but then it gets on to three player comparisons etc. (Additional money to upgrade a defender).

How about Silva and Zaha v Hazard and Loftus Cheek?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Zimmerman wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:40 How about Silva and Zaha v Hazard and Loftus Cheek?
For me it's a question of formation - so Hazard+5.5 vs Aguero + 4.5

I'll take Aguero while City have no other strikers. After they get Sanchez I might consider Hazard again.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Gambit wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 21:08 With each passing GW it's increasingly obvious that Alonso and Azpi is the way to go.

I'm annoyed with myself I didn't go through with the idea as I mentioned it was something I wanted to do a while back.

I've had Alonso but always paired him with Morata/Hazard at different times, when it should have been Azpi for the other Chelsea spot.

Hazard isn't worth the money and nor is Morata, you can get more for your money elsewhere and I think both are best avoided.
another GW where Alonso & Azpi are devouring the points, by a mile the best Chelsea options although if Cahill has done his hamstring then you could make a case for Christensen/Rudiger to add to Alonso.

Chelsea desperately need another striking option in this window, with Spurs now finding form it could get very tight for the top 4, they look lacking in firepower compared to Liverpool, United, Spurs.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Unfortunately I got both for their “run”.

Hazard went a couple of weeks ago and Morata is going this week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”