To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premium GKs?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MGPT
Treebeard

Premium GKs?

Post by MGPT »

I've never been one for premium goalies, the value always seems so much worse than a couple of cheap rotaters. However, this year feels different.

DDG has been obscenely good and has hurt me badly, Spurs and City have even better defensive stats than Utd and Chelsea have the kindest run of fixtures through the heavy Nov/Dec fixture pile up.

On top of this we have the rotation issues facing Trippier, Davies, Aurier, Rose, Otamendi, Stones, Kompany, Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill, Blind and others. Walker, Valencia, Azpi, Bailly, Alonso, Toby and Vert are all very expensive and arguably overpriced and Jones is surely (seriously eff you Jones) due an injury.

So DDG, Ederson, Lloris and Courtois look like really decent options to me. Question is, can they still provide better value than two cheaper keepers? Speroni and Elliott look great options for 4m apiece and Fab, Gomes, Bego, Hart and Foster should all do pretty well come seasons end.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Premium GKs?

Post by Tacalabala »

I've had DDG from day one. I have had awful issues with keepers getting injured or nosediving in form in past years, so it seems to me that you can avoid all that by getting in someone you can set and forget. Courtois is probably a better option at the moment if you are going to do this though given the fixtures.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

With the injury risk around Jones and the fact that he and DDG are not too far apart in price I think you can make a very strong case that DDG is the best/safest defensive option at United.

I expect United to be the clear winners for clean sheets this season and even in big games such as Spurs and Liverpool they have a great chance of a clean sheet.

It's different with Chelsea as Alonso and Azpi have genuine attacking threat so I'm not sure I'd want Courtois instead (but as part of a double up it could work)

I'd rule out Ederson on the basis that I still think City can concede at any time due to the way they play, and although Lloris is a good option he's only slightly cheaper than DDG so I wouldn't see the point in that.

I think DDG is the best premium option, but if you want a Chelsea defensive double now that Kante is back + great fixtures then Courtois + a defender could be a v strong option.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

DDG obviously a great pick he is averaging 5.9 ppg at 5.7mil, the rub is someone like Pope is averaging 5.6 ppg at 1.2mill cheaper.

The goalkeeping position is one you can target for a fairly strong return from a 4.5mill asset, which is why i think in the main people play with a relatively cheap keeper and use the funds elsewhere.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

At the end of each season I look down the list of keepers and there never seems much between them all in points and with some random at the top of the list. Whoever happens to make a couple of penalty saves etc.

I'm confident DDG and Pope will regress and much prefer to use the money elsewhere.

Around this time last season Chelsea had kept a ton of clean sheets in a row and people were scrambling to get their defensive players in but sure enough things evened out and they conceded 1 in a bunch of games.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”