To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Antonio Rudiger could be a good option in the Chelsea defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Antonio Rudiger could be a good option in the Chelsea defence

Post by owenclass »

Anybody thinking of picking him when we know David Luiz is not in squad

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Antonio Rudiger could be a good option in the Chelsea defence

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Well even with Luiz not in the squad today, Rüdiger still didn't start. So I'd say that's your first red flag right there.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

What happened to D Luiz, I thought he was the most nailed defender?

Christensen might be an option...

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

The only ones you could pick with any great confidence are Alonso and Azpilicueta. And Courtois obviously

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'd scramble for the extra cash to get Azpi tbh.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Resonare wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 09:31 I'd scramble for the extra cash to get Azpi tbh.

This. Seems to be getting a fair few assists this season as well. Azpi-Morata are the most common assist to goalscorer combo in PL this season

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Seems Conte has dropped the tired players who played poorly against Roma, for bid reasons.

Imo he should bench Cahill permanently and go Azpil Rudiger Luiz/Christensen rotating

But I'll avoid for now until we know the line up, I can't afford Azpil anyway

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I firmly believe Azpilicueta is the best option albeit a very expensive one.

I consider him our best, most intelligent defender and he has this trademark cross from deep that has lead to a few goals over the years. Last season I put my flag in the Alonso camp in the A v A debate and Alonso eventually outscored Azpi with fewer minutes played. This year it is definitely Azpilicueta. The rest are prone to rotation. Even captain Cahill is.

Azpilicueta can play RCB, RWB, RB, LB so he is less likely to be rotated out whereas Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill all vie for CB (Luiz in midfield is something Conte probably wouldn't risk again). Alonso could be rotated with Baba Rahman (he isn't even in the FPL database atm so people can get caught out if he returns under the radar), Kenedy, and any potential signing in january.

Christensen is a player who I believe should become a permanent first team player. I was afraid he would go the way of KDB and end up somewhere else after his multiple loans in Germany. I know plenty of other Chelsea fans had high hopes for him and I assume they still do. He's 5.4m and frankly he should start ahead of either Cahill or Luiz as long as he keeps playing well. I doubt that he will though. I reckon he will be gradually moved into the first 11 this season as he is still only 21 and Conte speaks of tiredness and rotation.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Christensen looked very good at the weekend, and could be gold at 5.4m if the Luiz spat is anything serious.

Azpilicueta is by far their best defender (and possibly up there as the best in the league for me), but obviously comes with a hefty price tag in FPL terms!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Notned wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 19:10 Christensen looked very good at the weekend, and could be gold at 5.4m if the Luiz spat is anything serious.

Azpilicueta is by far their best defender (and possibly up there as the best in the league for me), but obviously comes with a hefty price tag in FPL terms!

I'd go further than that. I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find 3 better all round defenders than him in the world right now. He's turned into a consistent machine. That said I still have an inkling Alonso will be there or there abouts FPL wise...we'll see - Alonso still more threatening, Azpil just had that pure quality at important times.

Wouldn't touch the others, yet...

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Considering an Azpili/Alonso double up from GW14 onwards. Only if Kante stays fit.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

The Toon Man wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 20:45 Considering an Azpili/Alonso double up from GW14 onwards. Only if Kante stays fit.
How will you fund it?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

math! wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 23:06
The Toon Man wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 20:45 Considering an Azpili/Alonso double up from GW14 onwards. Only if Kante stays fit.
How will you fund it?
4-3-3/4-4-2 basically. Abraham, RLC and 5.0mid competing for last place in my 11

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

I am not thinking about Rudiger yet because defender points from Azpi at 6.7 and budget (bench) mid Kante at 4.9 is a great Chelsea price point options. To fund Azpili Kante is guaranteed a start when fit , picks up the odd clean sheet and scores 1 goal a season. Not too many assists unfortunately, he usually gives the assist to the assister.
Azpili will have a good FPL season even if Chelsea dont.
Cahill's form and game plan needs to change before Chelsea become a reliable team again.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”