To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Harry Kane FPL Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DragonSwag
Treebeard

Re: Harry Kane

Post by DragonSwag »

He's wrecking Everton this weekend and you all know it

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Markman
Wideboy
FS Record: I coulda been a contender

Post by Markman »

goldenrookie wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 23:50
Please take into consideration the fixtures played from the underlying stats.

1 is Newcastle and 1 is Burnley .

Overdue a big haul is opinion (obviously taken with fact in this case as Kane has history of big haul in fpl ) but it's not based on current form and be more likely to score just once v Everton away if he did score than these lots of goals.

So to say at this stage is clouded judgement I wouldn't challenge so much to this if it was GW5 v Swans but still concerned if he had not scored .

Kane is more likely a haul v Swansea at home than a haul v Everton away. If he hauls anything .

Good luck with the Kane this weekend I'll wait to incorporate him into my squad when deemed fit and scoring.
If the point above is that Spurs aren't capable of creating chances against better sides then we can see Kane had 8 shots against Chelsea.

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

Markman wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 08:12
goldenrookie wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 23:50
Please take into consideration the fixtures played from the underlying stats.

1 is Newcastle and 1 is Burnley .

Overdue a big haul is opinion (obviously taken with fact in this case as Kane has history of big haul in fpl ) but it's not based on current form and be more likely to score just once v Everton away if he did score than these lots of goals.

So to say at this stage is clouded judgement I wouldn't challenge so much to this if it was GW5 v Swans but still concerned if he had not scored .

Kane is more likely a haul v Swansea at home than a haul v Everton away. If he hauls anything .

Good luck with the Kane this weekend I'll wait to incorporate him into my squad when deemed fit and scoring.
If the point above is that Spurs aren't capable of creating chances against better sides then we can see Kane had 8 shots against Chelsea.
Hi pal no I'll reiterate my point it was to take into consideration the 2 fixtures I mentioned.

Fact is he didn't score or assist .

I don't doubt Kane can again score or assist against any premier league team this season.

The Everton match and GW4

Spurs have only won one in their last ten trips to everton

Harry K scored the goal in 1-0 win the last time spurs beat Everton away ( final day season 2015 everton had nothing to play for) so has already scored at everton away in his career.

Kane scored a brace last season in the home match at White Hart lane 3-2 win.

However it's 8 matches/years since Tottenham scored 2 goals away at Everton 2-2.

And 10 years since they have scored 2 goals at Everton and won a meaningful match. 2007

I just like to take these factors into consideration and also help others think about the likelihood of Kane scoring a big point haul this weekend.

And that against the in form strikers or others who have potential to outscore him this week.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Almost certain to not be in my WC side for tomorrow, in the hope of another drop or 2.

Markman
Wideboy

Post by Markman »

goldenrookie wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 11:46 Hi pal no I'll reiterate my point it was to take into consideration the 2 fixtures I mentioned.

I don't doubt Kane can again score or assist against any premier league team this season.

Harry K scored the goal in 1-0 win the last time spurs beat Everton away ( final day season 2015 everton had nothing to play for) so has already scored at everton away in his career.

However it's 8 matches/years since Tottenham scored 2 goals away at Everton 2-2.

And 10 years since they have scored 2 goals at Everton and won a meaningful match. 2007

I just like to take these factors into consideration and also help others think about the likelihood of Kane scoring a big point haul this weekend.

And that against the in form strikers or others who have potential to outscore him this week.

Yeah on the face of it Newcastle and Burnley would be two of the fixtures where he would be most likely to score you would think. Burnley are really bad at the back this season - but Newcastle have been very good in relation to chances conceded. Only Spurs, United, City and Liverpool have conceded less.

I hear you about Everton though. It may not be the week to get him in. Another blank and he could be 12.3.

d4nmc
Cheetah

Post by d4nmc »

blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 18:09 Almost certain to not be in my WC side for tomorrow, in the hope of another drop or 2.

This is my thinking too. He's been in most configurations of my WC team, but if he blanks again this week he's going to drop like a stone as he's shipped out en masse by the casuals.

Plan is to stick a placeholder in this week, maybe Jesus or Lacazette and cross my fingers he blanks so I can get him in at 12.2 next week. :D

Will have Alli or Erikson for cover anyway.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Kept the faith boys even after wildcarding, first of many...

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

He's back! 8-) :lol:

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

The Real Slim Shady wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 15:29 Kept the faith boys even after wildcarding, first of many...
Same here. Looked like an attempted cross though to me. I'll happily take the points though. I thought about taking him out for Aguero or Lacazette last night. So glad Kane has scored. Everton are difficult too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1yCLzhd-k

teknohed
Treebeard

Post by teknohed »

Don't you love it when you forgot to select your captain for the week and inadvertently left the armband on Kane? Happy days!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

YourMumsModesty wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 23:34
Stevieste wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 07:54 Why i people doubting Harry Kane at all ?.
He never scores in August anyway and always has a slow start to season, but he been top prem scorer 2 seasons running and will be again this season and im a man utd fan.

Harry Kane is not just a player that picks up points against small opponents, he will do it in the big games as well.

Dont be surprised if he gets a brace this weekend either, to silence all you doubters
It's not likely though, is it?

If Kane was going to score a brace early this season he'd have been most likely to do it against Newcastle when they were a man down for the last half hour in GW1 or against Burnley who have one of the worst PL away records in GW3 ... not against Everton, who held City to a draw at the Etihad.

Kane's a great player but there are alternatives, which makes having or not having him a bit more complicated than some people online seem to make out.
8-)

ArmChairPundit
Red & Blue Braces

Post by ArmChairPundit »

8-) :| 8-)
Stevieste wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 22:11
He never scores in August anyway and always has a slow start to season, but he been top prem scorer 2 seasons running and will be again this season and im a man utd fan.

Harry Kane is not just a player that picks up points against small opponents, he will do it in the big games as well.

Dont be surprised if he gets a brace this weekend either, to silence all you doubters

If Kane was going to score a brace early this season he'd have been most likely to do it against Newcastle when they were a man down for the last half hour in GW1 or against Burnley who have one of the worst PL away records in GW3 ... not against Everton, who held City to a draw at the Etihad.

Kane's a great player but there are alternatives, which makes having or not having him a bit more complicated than some people online seem to make out.
8-)
8-) 8-)

YourMumsModesty
Treebeard
FS Record: 2019/20: 33,413

Post by YourMumsModesty »

Stevieste wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 22:11

8-)
I've said elsewhere that I was happy to take the risk and honestly I would do it again every time because you can't look at today's events and say you expected Kane to score that first goal, Everton to lose 0-3 or Mané to get sent off.

It's been a complete fluke and I'll just patiently wait for Kane to not score a brace in GW5 while Liverpool go back to being as good as they usually are with 11 men, making Salah and Firmino not utterly useless like they were today.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Is he worth the premium over Morata/Jesus though?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Blue Fire wrote:Is he worth the premium over Morata/Jesus though?
Kane owners will captain him three times in next 4 weeks, after that you'll have your answer

Sent from mobile

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Anyone got stats on the ability of an Alli/Eriksen double-up to cover Kane? By which I mean, if he scores that double act scores, so you could live without him? Captaincy aside.

I have Willian to dump (potentially) and Vardy/Chicharito both have good fixtures. Chicharito could go if he doesn't have a good game, but it would be awfully convenient not to get Kane in.

YourMumsModesty
Treebeard
FS Record: 2019/20: 33,413

Post by YourMumsModesty »

wibble_mcwoo wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 07:24 Anyone got stats on the ability of an Alli/Eriksen double-up to cover Kane? By which I mean, if he scores that double act scores, so you could live without him? Captaincy aside.

I have Willian to dump (potentially) and Vardy/Chicharito both have good fixtures. Chicharito could go if he doesn't have a good game, but it would be awfully convenient not to get Kane in.
I can say from experience that having Davies+Eriksen+Alli worked out badly for me earlier this year which is why I will have Kane eventually; hopefully he goes on a good run from GW8 onwards when I can fit him back into my squad on a WC but I'd have zero problem with bringing him in anytime in the second half of the season even for a hit because that is when he is most explosive and you just know he will get hat tricks.

For now though, I think he's too expensive when there are still a lot of cheaper alternatives for points. Just having Vardy instead so far this season would have sufficed, for example. I can't wait for some real bargain options in midfield which give me the funds to bring him in without unbalancing my squad.

Actually having said that, I could bring him in for GW6.

Markman
Wideboy

Post by Markman »

goldenrookie wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 11:46
Hi pal no I'll reiterate my point it was to take into consideration the 2 fixtures I mentioned.

The 'history of fixtures' is something the TV media tends to be obsessed with. I don't put much heed in what happened in 2007 when it comes to predicting what will happen tomorrow.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Yes - would be interested to know if any statistical studies have shown them as good predictors either for team results as a whole or for individual players.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Lol, this morning FFFix felt the need to warn me that
Harry Kane has a poor points return per min per million spent in last 5 games
found it funny as a good morning while sipping coffee :)

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Can we trust Kane at home?

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Alright, this is looking like one of the important questions of the season. Is Kane’s performance in the easy home games lacking? Or is it just a fluke that some of the lesser teams have been able to park the bus effectively against spurs in the early going? And perhaps today the hamstring injury was slowing him down.

This is a huge question because it determines whether we can trust him with the captaincy, and if we can’t give him the captaincy it means we probably shouldn’t own him at all at his price.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Can we trust Kane at home?

Post by MPTree »

It's just natural variance as far as I'm concerned. I will captain him with an easy home fixture all day long.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

MPTree wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 16:44 It's just natural variance as far as I'm concerned. I will captain him with an easy home fixture all day long.
Me too, most likely.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

MPTree wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 16:44 It's just natural variance as far as I'm concerned. I will captain him with an easy home fixture all day long.
This.

He’s had double the number of big chances p90 away from home than at home. (1.5 vs 0.7) but apart from that the major indicators like shots and shots in the box are more favourable at home.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”