To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Do you think captaincy is just a major luck factor in this game?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Do you think captaincy is just a major luck factor in this game?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 79

Skrtel
Treebeard

Re: Do you think captaincy is just a major luck factor in this game?

Post by Skrtel »

AMc wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 08:23 When I pick the wrong captain it's down to (bad ) luck.
When I pick the right captain it's down to my wisdom and skill.
Yes, this is probably correct.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

yes it is complete luck

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

100% skill
(Salah c)

MrBenn
Treebeard

Post by MrBenn »

Personally i hate it. Just makes a mockery of the scores. Just pick your 11 and what points they get is that.

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

I think choosing capt is sometimes very lucky.
Most of the times I should have captained the player I had chosen as vice. Adding up my scores from my vice captain, I would have been 20+ points better off from the start of the season if I had switched my vice and captain.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Part of the game with a combination of luck and skill. And I have neither..

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

TheChairLeg wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 13:56 You select the player in your team who you think will score the most points. I don't see why it's any different to selecting which players to have in your team. If selecting your captain is luck then selecting your team is luck.
Not necessarily, I think Kane has proved that this year. I (and others) have selected him when he had stats in his favour

touches in box,
shots in box,
shots on tarrget

vs teams who had very poor

chances conceded,
opposition touches in box,
goals conceded

take Swansea for example

It was, statistically a very good idea to captain Kane in that game, the same goes for Bournemouth. All the stats pointed toward the fact he would score, and you would have made the "right" decision to do so.

Now, he has blanked in a number of games in which he should have scored, and even scored big, I, and many others have been burned,

This weekend, he plays Stoke - given his previous toils I am not going to captain him again, and instead will opt for Morata/Hazard

If he scores a hat trick (something his previous exploits last season suggests he is capable of against a team like Stoke), it will be almost purely bad luck on my part, that the one time I chose not to captain him when he had a favourable fixture, he got a massive haul. It wouldn't necessarily say anything about my skill as an FPL player, and that +45 points gained by whoever did captain him could be a season changer,

I've given the example of Kane but this sort of thing is relevant with whoever you captain - you can have one or two fortunate captain picks a season and it will completely change your rank, I'm talking 10s of thousands of places.

There's definitely a lot more luck involved with the captaincy option than there would be without it

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Guys, don't you think that a goalkeeper is just a major luck factor in this game? It's not like you can know which keeper will make 10 saves and save a pen.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

gallus wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 14:37 Guys, don't you think that a goalkeeper is just a major luck factor in this game? It's not like you can know which keeper will make 10 saves and save a pen.
Easy: a good GK in a shite side 8-) (Well one where the defence and GK know which sort of chances\shots they allow and the GK is good at saving that sort.)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”