To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

Post by Joshhua »

Valeron wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 05:53 Also, anyone buying Azpi over Alonso at their current prices is a bit of a mug imo, Azpi along with the Burnley players is the player most due for a serious regression.
The thing with Azpi is that it is pretty obvious that his link with Morata is something that they practice off the pitch and what Conte looks to utilize in games, so that is a very specific situation where regression could be a bit less serious.

Alonso was also taken off early couple of times because of tactical reasons and I understand Conte, because Alonso, as much as he can be good for FPL, is not the best defender there is and his weaknesses are often exploited by the opposition, especially without Kante.
Azpi is far much better all-round defender, better in BPS and also looks to be more prone to rotation, although nobody will really be safe this season.

If you are on WC he still costs you 6.7 and should do enough to justify his price.

Regarding Burnley, they will probably not be able to continue like this, but should still do enough for their price.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Gambit wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 20:32 Jones off injured already, might impact more than a few WC's!

Could be nothing but it's remarkable he's stayed fit for so long, with Rojo due to return Jones could be protected/rested for some of the easier games.

Perhaps DDG is the best United defensive option?
Yes, this highlights the problem with Jones. Don`t get me wrong, I had him (still have him) from the time when his price was still 5.0 and he was amazing value until now and can continue to be, but with fixture congestion not sure if it is a best decision to keep him as it looks like it is transfer waiting to happen and really can`t see him playing through the Christmas period without getting injured or "injured".
It also looks like he has some psychological problem as this is already third time this season he thought he was injured and then it was nothing.

Just wanted to say, maybe it is not the craziest idea of all to drop him, although keeping/getting him is also completely understandable. :D

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

the problem is that he is (or was) the best route into the United defence, if not Jones then the two other nailed options are Valencia - very costly for little attacking output, and DDG - which means having a premium keeper and not been able to have the bargain of Pope.

so It creates a dilemma, although Jones has started every PL game so far he is clearly not right, Southgate has said the injury is not too bad but "it's something he has been carrying", so will JM continue to play him every league game knowing he could break, or will he sit out and let Bailly/Smalling play (Rojo/Blind too) some games?

Not sure what to do for the best, I'm thinking just get DDG but then that's an extra 1.2 on Pope! but only 0.2 on Jones. Don't think it's sensible not to have somebody from the United defence given how strong they, best scenario would be for JM to rule Jones out for a while and say he is giving Smalling a run in the team!

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Yes, of course it feels really uncomfortable to drop him now or go without United defender, but on the other hand if there is a position in FPL where it is easier to find value for money player then it must be defender position. Forward up the team becomes more difficult.

It is also the question if the 0.4-0.7 saving by having eg. Daniels over Jones can help you have the team you want in the future or it will just sit in the bank...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Joshhua wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 18:11 Yes, of course it feels really uncomfortable to drop him now or go without United defender, but on the other hand if there is a position in FPL where it is easier to find value for money player then it must be defender position. Forward up the team becomes more difficult.

It is also the question if the 0.4-0.7 saving by having eg. Daniels over Jones can help you have the team you want in the future or it will just sit in the bank...
I agree, there are loads of defensive options at the moment, and a good few of them cheaper than Jones, but not having a United defender? I can't do it.

Not only are they the best defensive team, they have great fixtures all through Christmas and January, lots of clean sheets there, more than any other team I've no doubt.

The more I look at it the more I'm thinking it has to be DDG, he's further ahead of his nearest rival than any other player, and unless somebody gets a spate of penalty saves I think that trend will continue.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

Post by MPTree »

Newcastle’s Dummett back in training. 4.2 and should be a guaranteed starter(?). Anyone think he might be worth it? Haven’t checked how he rotates yet (if he even needs to), but he certainly allows for a few extra pennies elsewhere.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... t-13885534

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

getting DDG and selling Jones and Pope I can have:

DDG - Speroni
Alonso / Duffy / Mee / Dann / Daniels
Zaha / Gross / Richarlison / Sane / Salah
Niasse / Kane / Lukaku

3-5-2 or 4-4-2

thinking of RLC instead of Zaha which allows Duffy to become Azpi - and gives me the defensive Chelsea double which along with DDG should provide lots of clean sheets. May do this after the Chelsea Liverpool game with my 2 FT's.

DDG / Speroni
Alonso / Azpi / Mee/ Dann / Daniels
RLC / Gross / Richarlison / Sane / Salah
Niasse / Kane / Lukaku

Lukaku to become Morata when needed, and Azpi/Alonso can be used to free up a quick 2m if an upgrade is needed elsewhere. If United/Lukaku catch fire again and Kane continues to frustrate then Kane could easily become Morata.

I think with Kane / Lukaku / Salah there are 3 genuine captain options with Sane a possibility too. I'd like two City options but fear heavy rotation (even more than normal!) from Pep.

Gross and Richarlison are both talisman for their teams and are great value, RCL the best 4.5m by far.

Niasse is a worry but wouldn't need him too often hopefully and could become Josh King if I downgraded one of the Chelsea defenders. 4-3-3 if King in for Niasse and a Chelsea defender out.

The two Chelsea heavyweight defenders is a risk but their fixtures are outstanding and Kante helps them so much. Both offer real attacking threat and I prefer them to the Spurs or City defenders, to me they will be 2nd only to United for clean sheets this season. And as mentioned if one of them is changed to somebody like Duffy then one of my mid-priced mids can become Sterling or Mahrez etc.

DDG best keeper in the world and playing the best defence in the league, will get the most clean sheets and the injury threat to Jones makes him the safest United option. I'd like two United defenders but think JM has enough options to switch them when necessary.

Mee / Dann / Daniels all good value with good fixtures and can be rotated with RLC / Niasse / Gross to avoid the tough fixtures.

4-3-3 (or 3-4-3) would be

DDG / Speroni
Alonso / Duffy / Mee/ Dann / Daniels
King / Kane / Lukaku

trading off the Chelsea double up for a J King return to form and goals

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

all the squads I keep looking at and can't get away from the best balanced team I can have is without Sir Harry of Kane :shock:

drop Kane for Morata and I can have:

DDG / Speroni
Alonso / Stones / Mee/ Vertonghen / Daniels (or Dann) - Alonso/Stones could be Azpi/Otamendi
King / Morata / Lukaku

Gives me United / City / Spurs / Chelsea in defence, a lot of money but not sure how many points the budget defence teams will return as the season goes on.

Could play 5-3-2 / 4-4-2 / 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 depending on fixtures, and C choices for the next month or so of:

Lukaku C in GW's 12 / 13 / 17
Morata C in GW's 14 / 15 / 16 / 18
with Sane/Salah/King also having some really nice fixtures

Lukaku + 1 defender downgraded is a quick route to get Kane back if needed.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

For most of us wildcarding this week it seems to be that third striker spot that basically defines what we can and can’t afford elsewhere and creates the major differences in our teams.

I’ve had Abraham in all my drafts so far but am increasingly being drawn towards Niasse. I like Abraham as a pick but increasingly think i’m paying the 1m difference in price for security of starts alone. Looking st the next ten fixtures I think i’d only start Abraham in five of those. Sure that’s a similar amount as Niasse but it’s what I can do with that extra million. In both setups i’ll have three premium defenders + Liverpool 4.5 and another 4.5-4.8 defender meaning the bench is strong. I wish the Everton managerial situation was clearer as that’s the big unknown with Niasse’s minutes.

Basically I think my wildcard boils down to:

A) Stones, Daniels and Abraham
Vs
B) Azpi (or Alonso), Mee (or best 4.5) and Niasse.

I’m reminded of the poker saying ‘you think long, you think wrong.’ I wish the Gameweek deadline would hurry up!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

dino1980 wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 20:09 For most of us wildcarding this week it seems to be that third striker spot that basically defines what we can and can’t afford elsewhere and creates the major differences in our teams.

I’ve had Abraham in all my drafts so far but am increasingly being drawn towards Niasse. I like Abraham as a pick but increasingly think i’m paying the 1m difference in price for security of starts alone. Looking st the next ten fixtures I think i’d only start Abraham in five of those. Sure that’s a similar amount as Niasse but it’s what I can do with that extra million. In both setups i’ll have three premium defenders + Liverpool 4.5 and another 4.5-4.8 defender meaning the bench is strong. I wish the Everton managerial situation was clearer as that’s the big unknown with Niasse’s minutes.

Basically I think my wildcard boils down to:

A) Stones, Daniels and Abraham
Vs
B) Azpi (or Alonso), Mee (or best 4.5) and Niasse.

I’m reminded of the poker saying ‘you think long, you think wrong.’ I wish the Gameweek deadline would hurry up!
B for me, Swansea look really poor but the main reason is I think the Chelsea fixtures are going to generate a load of clean sheets + Mee is a solid choice too.

I'm also going for Niasse, and I'm currently on:

DDG / Speroni
Jones(if fit) / Azpi / Mee/ Shawcross / Daniels
RLC / Salah / Richarlison / Sane / Zaha
Niasse / Kane / Lukaku

my two FT's for GW14 will remove Jones (or whoever I pick if he's injured) and Lukaku to bring in Alonso and Morata (I will leave enough in bank to do it)

leaving:

DDG
/ Speroni
Alonso / Azpi / Mee/ Shawcross / Daniels
RLC / Salah / Richarlison / Sane / Zaha
Niasse / Kane / Morata

to carry me through to Christmas and beyond, bolded players to play most weeks leaving two from Mee/Daniels/Shawcross/RLC/Niasse to fill in around good fixtures - and all those teams - Burnley/Palace/Stoke/Everton/Bournemouth provide great options with harder games not clashing.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

x 3 places left, x 5 options, which looks strongest?:

Moreno
Sterling
Kane

Azpi
Shaqiri
Kane

Alonso
Gross
Kane

Alonso
Sterling
Morata

Moreno
Hazard
Morata

Sane in all teams so options with Sterling would mean a City double, and the other premium striker in all teams is Lukaku.

Which of the above five options is the best?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Azpilicueta, Shaqiri and Kane.

If it were me.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Joccki_10 wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 19:49 Azpilicueta, Shaqiri and Kane.

If it were me.
thanks Joccki, that is my favourite of the keep Kane options. I like Gross but I favour the fixtures of Stoke above Brighton and think Shaqiri with less than 5% ownership can outscore the 20% owned Gross from now until Christmas.

my option with Alonso/Sterling/Morata gives me the most big hitters but obviously no Kane which is a risk. Think I will start with the option you have chosen and then Kane/Lukaku have two weeks and if one flops they become Morata.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Lukaku to morata GW 14 or 15 with the shaqiri option looks the best to me as well

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

I think I’d probably take the top option but potentially think about taking Zaha over Sterling.

The news that Aguero might be fit again means I need to decide between Lukaku and Bailly and then a switch to Vertonghen and Aguero in Gw14 or just going with the latter pairing from the off.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Gambit wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 19:27 Which of the above five options is the best?
Azpi, Shaquiri (but I'd go with Choupo not only for the increased goal threat but also because I can't see Shaquiri playing every game between now and the end of the year) and Kane for me.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

dino1980 wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 20:34 I need to decide between Lukaku and Bailly and then a switch to Vertonghen and Aguero in Gw14 or just going with the latter pairing from the off.
I'd go with the United pairing, the next two fixtures should pay off while Vert has a tough game and Aguero is an even higher risk after the midweek fainting (but we can expect Pep will tell us a bit more on the presser).

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Gambit wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 19:27
Alonso
Gross
Kane

I would lean towards this one currently.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Kuchi wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 11:05
Alonso
Gross
Kane

Me too, as it goes. I have those same three players in my latest draft.

For me, I think it's come down to a choice between:

Richarlison & Silva
OR
Mané & Groß

Assuming all are fit, which pairing do you prefer?

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

MPTree wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 11:53

Richarlison & Silva
OR
Mané & Groß

Tricky I mean assuming you have Salah and Sane already then I might lead towards Mane and GroB. First pairing is better if you are playing defensively.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

MPTree wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 11:53
Kuchi wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 11:05
Alonso
Gross
Kane

Me too, as it goes. I have those same three players in my latest draft.

Richarlison & Silva
OR
Mané & Groß

I think the latter gives you better flexibility as you can always hop off Mane to Alli, Coutinho or a City mid if necessary. And with Gross you have a Choupo-Moting exit if needed (or Gray if he looks good at Leicester).

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

I think I'm almost done, will give it some more thoughts tonight but I'm 95% settled on this:

Pope Speroni
Bailly Stones Moreno Dann Francis
Sané Alli Salah Richarlisson RLC
Kane Lukaku Niasse

0.0 ITB

The plan is to take advantage of the two ManU great fixtures and to change Lukaku+Bailly with Morata+Alonso/Azpi in gw14, with a rolled FT in gw13.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Kuchi wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 12:31 Tricky I mean assuming you have Salah and Sane already then I might lead towards Mane and GroB. First pairing is better if you are playing defensively.
Yeah I have Salah and Sane. I also prefer Mané and Groß, though it's frustrating to hear that Mané will be a late decision.
dino1980 wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 13:18 I think the latter gives you better flexibility as you can always hop off Mane to Alli, Coutinho or a City mid if necessary. And with Gross you have a Choupo-Moting exit if needed (or Gray if he looks good at Leicester).
Thanks for this. I feel it may be a little more flexible too.

How are people getting on? There's a lot of uncertainty still around the likes of Dummett (who may not play for a few more weeks), Pogba, Alli, Mané, RLC. Have any of the injuries (RLC, Jones) affected your lineups? Is anyone taking a doubtful player this GW as long term move and in the hopes they play? I'm considering taking Mané, though unsure how wise this is.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Currently pondering:

Pope/Elliot
Vertonghen/Azpi/Mee/Moreno/Duffy
Sane/Salah/Pogba/Richarlison/Fernandinho
Lukaku/Morata/Murray

Slightly foolishly, I'm spurning Kane on the basis of not feeling able to captain him.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

wibble_mcwoo wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 21:08 Currently pondering:

Pope/Elliot
Vertonghen/Azpi/Mee/Moreno/Duffy
Sane/Salah/Pogba/Richarlison/Fernandinho
Lukaku/Morata/Murray

Slightly foolishly, I'm spurning Kane on the basis of not feeling able to captain him.
nice team, like the Pogba pick.

I'm still tinkering away like a lunatic, and I'm also going back to the inescapable fact that my team looks better without Kane, currently messing about with:

DDG / Speroni
Dann / Daniels / Moreno / Vertonghen / Duffy
Eriksen / Sane / Zaha / Richarlison / Coutinho
Morata / Lukaku / Niasse

No Kane, no Chelsea defender, and no Salah, are the main issues, but love the midfield, if I wanted Salah then Salah/Alli in for Coutinho/Eriksen, but I like the assist potential of Eriksen and Coutinho.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Albert_ini wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 17:14 I think I'm almost done, will give it some more thoughts tonight but I'm 95% settled on this:

Pope Speroni
Bailly Stones Moreno Dann Francis
Sané Alli Salah Richarlisson RLC
Kane Lukaku Niasse

0.0 ITB

The plan is to take advantage of the two ManU great fixtures and to change Lukaku+Bailly with Morata+Alonso/Azpi in gw14, with a rolled FT in gw13.
Nice team, you’ve got a better team value, or got on some players earlier than me,as i’m almost one million off affording that.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Thanks dino. Mine is around 102 but I hardly chase team value (still no hits this season and usually wait for Friday to do any transfers), maybe the main difference is that I got Sane from 8.3.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

If I stick to my current plan of removing Kane I can have another premium mid, which two of these five are the best:

Alli, Eriksen, Salah, Coutinho, Pogba

Already have Sane, Zaha, Richarlison

I'm liking the look of Salah and Coutinho

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Gambit wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 23:16 If I stick to my current plan of removing Kane I can have another premium mid, which two of these five are the best:

Alli, Eriksen, Salah, Coutinho, Pogba

Already have Sane, Zaha, Richarlison

I'm liking the look of Salah and Coutinho
Salah is a must have. After that they're quite even. I'd give Pog a game to see how he is but he could be great value if he carries on from where he left off.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Just done some tinkering and ended up with -

Pope, Elliot
Alonso, Walker, Bailly, Mee, Moreno
Salah, Sane, Zaha, RLC, Cork
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

Midfield feels a bit weak, but the rest looks good.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”