To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I know this was earmarked by many as a good time to use it. It certainly seems like a good time for my squad. I can ditch one of my Spurs mids, lose Monreal, maybe bring in Mané, get rid of Jesus for Lukaku, and generally set myself up as best I can for the tail end of the season.

Anyone pulled the trigger yet?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Also you can probably get Pogba in at the right time. Has to be a great starting point for constructing a long-term midfield.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Trigger pulled. One week to decided, but for now I've tried to eliminate risk of missing out on a price rise on players I may want.
Last edited by FranckKessie on 04 Nov 2017, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Early days, but at a glance Pogba would probably take up up my Sané spot. That might be a move I make closer to Christmas, though I’d love to find room for him.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL- 3057 in 17/18

Post by konstro »

I`m in too. Already transfered Kane in. Might do Tripper as well as he is going up.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

This was my erstwhile WC point. Had to do it 2 weeks too early.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Kané, Mané and Sané.

samyadav
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FISODAS Champions Cup Season 29 Winner

Post by samyadav »

Pulled the trigger and had the first draft. Looks template no?

Elliot, Pope
Otamendi, Jones, Mee, Dunk, Fernandez
Alli, Salah, Mahrez, Gross, RLC
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

0 itb

Not investing too much in defence. No city mid is risky

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

FranckKessie wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 12:57 Trigger pulled. One week to decided, but for now I've tried to eliminate risk of missing out on a price rise on players I may want.
Yup, this. Try to capture some double rises or bring in the players you want who are close to a rise. Figure out your final team once it gets close to the deadline.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

For GK, Pope/Elliot seems to be template. I'm actually looking at Elliot/Speroni. I think Burnley's defence has been a bit fortunate in the number of clean sheets they've kept, and Newcastle looks good enough that I can play Elliot almost every week.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Players high on my wish list: Kane, Morata, Hazard, Alli, Pogba, Mane, Salah, Sane, Sterling, RIcharlison, Choupo-Moting, Abraham, Jones, Loftus-Cheek.

The defence I'm still mulling over. Jones is nailed for me as long as he's healthy. If Chelsea pull it together with Kante back, then Alonso could end up being FPL gold again, and he'll be a differential.

The cheapies I"m looking at: Yedlin, Dummett, Simpson, Dann, Duffy, Moreno, Mee

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

I think Im in as well need to fix my team a little after a strong start

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 16:37 For GK, Pope/Elliot seems to be template. I'm actually looking at Elliot/Speroni. I think Burnley's defence has been a bit fortunate in the number of clean sheets they've kept, and Newcastle looks good enough that I can play Elliot almost every week.
I think I'd take Speroni if I knew a little more about the Palace keeper situation - that extra 0.5 will always find a use. What's the deal with Hennessey then? Is he 2nd choice now?

Cantank
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: na

Post by Cantank »

Also activated. Need to do some significant surgery.

Thyer64
Wideboy

Post by Thyer64 »

New to FPL this season, considering using my first wildcard. After a poor first 2 weeks had a great run up till GW10 and this (so far) but thinking of using my wildcard.

Not exactly sure how to use the wildcard, so do all I have to do is transfer out say 4 players, then press play wildcard? And then for the next couple weeks I can go back as many times and just transfer players at will without incurring a hit?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I'm unsure, was thinking I would hit the GW12 WC but having kept my Spurs and United players my team doesn't look too bad for the coming weeks.

Just had a mess around and the majority of my changes were defensive transfers (inc keepers), I'm reluctant to hit the button to basically build a new defence.

Will let the dust settle on the big games tomorrow but at the moment I think a couple of normal transfers for my defence and a possible GK change made over the next two weeks could be enough to save the WC (when for I don't know)

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Thyer64 wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 17:52 New to FPL this season, considering using my first wildcard. After a poor first 2 weeks had a great run up till GW10 and this (so far) but thinking of using my wildcard.

Not exactly sure how to use the wildcard, so do all I have to do is transfer out say 4 players, then press play wildcard? And then for the next couple weeks I can go back as many times and just transfer players at will without incurring a hit?

Yep! You need to be making enough transfers that it would cost you points, then you can activate the WC. Alternatively (and much more scarily), you can take as many hits as you want and then activate the WC later, and all hits will disappear like magic. Once activated, you can transfer in and out whoever you want at no cost until the next deadline.

But BEWARE! Keep track of how much you paid for your players (visible under the 'list view' of the transfers tab). If you got someone in for cheap, be sure that you definitely want to remove them before transferring them out, or you'll be paying more to get them back in again, which is less than ideal. Good luck!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I'm bang on the money for this, which I probably won't stray too far from:

4.5, Elliot
Otamendi, Jones, Daniels, Dann, Mee
Salah/Mané, Alli, Sané, Groß, Surman
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

Would love a Chelsea defender for their run from GW14. I need 0.2 for Otamendi to Luiz; Dann could become a 4.5 maybe. No room for Hazard and I'm not even sure he's worth the spend. Perhaps Lukaku becomes Morata around GW14/15.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

I'm thinking of it, even with 2 FTs (which sticks in the craw a little). Current draft is:

Begovic/Elliot
Jones/Otamendi/Mee/Lascelles/Duffy
Salah/Sterling/Sane/Doucoure/Carroll
Lukaku/Kane/Abraham

So pretty similar to MPTree to be fair (Pope/Daniels instead of Begovic/Lascelles is a possibility for me too)

What's the situation with RLC? Is he genuinely in the team, or is it a false dawn?

Pogba is on my watchlist too. If he were fit and firing, Sterling/Doucoure could become Pogba/Richarlison, although it's hard to know which option is better.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Mine used but Daniels/Lukaku/Pogba should be in. Really nice week to play it. Jealous.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

I'm in, already activated it.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Activated. In the end looking at getting Daniels, Zaha, Lukaku, Mee, Duffy/Dunk, Azpi if Chelsea return to their standards and probably doubling up on City mids, Sterling and Sane.
Numbers that City currently put out is on pair (currently even better) with Real Madrid`s and Barcelona`s in the seasons they scored over 100 goals in the league so although I would generally prefer midfield like Sterling, Salah/Cout/Mane, Alli, Zaha, RLC think I will have to find place for Sane.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Joshhua wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 00:22 Activated. In the end looking at getting Daniels, Zaha, Lukaku, Mee, Duffy/Dunk, Azpi if Chelsea return to their standards and probably doubling up on City mids, Sterling and Sane.
Numbers that City currently put out is on pair (currently even better) with Real Madrid`s and Barcelona`s in the seasons they scored over 100 goals in the league so although I would generally prefer midfield like Sterling, Salah/Cout/Mane, Alli, Zaha, RLC think I will have to find place for Sane.
Daniels is getting a lot of love here on fiso. What do you see in him? Is it the nice fixtures plus a little attacking threat? Personally I don’t have much confidence in Bournemouth’s defence and I don’t think he’s worth the extra .3 over the other cheap options.

Zaha is someone I considered but I’m ultimately avoiding. Richarlison has better underlying numbers and zaha could likely be pushed wide when Benteke returns in a couple of games. Zaha also seems to struggle in the bps system. Saw an article on ffs I think that says he loses a lot of points due to completing few passes and also having a lot of unsuccessful dribbles.

I’m with you on the sterling/sane double up. City are scoring so many goals and those two are relatively inexpensive enough to live with the rotation. I think we have to make sure to have a strong 8th attacker for the holiday season as there will inevitably be rotation. Gross or choupo as 5th mid. It would be great if RLC became a decent attacking threat. That would make it much easier to play with two city.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

samyadav wrote:Pulled the trigger and had the first draft. Looks template no?

Elliot, Pope
Otamendi, Jones, Mee, Dunk, Fernandez
Alli, Salah, Mahrez, Gross, RLC
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

0 itb

Not investing too much in defence. No city mid is risky
If I was on a wildcard right now, I'd find it hard to invest in the defence. Once Jones is in I'm not sure which other top teams I trust with my money right now. Perhaps Spurs, but with key injuries at the back that's one to watch.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Nobody thinking of a 442 WC?

There seems much more value to me in the midfield this season than up front and I'd rather squeeze in a Silva/Pogba than a Vardy/Firmino for example and the cheap striker spot is sparse for options. With Pogba and Mane returning. Salah and Sane flying and Alli and Eriksen looking solid I could even be talked into a 352.

If only Crouch could get regular starts or another ≤5m striker could emerge. Abraham is too expensive to fit into a 442.

Thoughts?

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

I Am Ville wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 09:14 Nobody thinking of a 442 WC?

There seems much more value to me in the midfield this season than up front and I'd rather squeeze in a Silva/Pogba than a Vardy/Firmino for example and the cheap striker spot is sparse for options. With Pogba and Mane returning. Salah and Sane flying and Alli and Eriksen looking solid I could even be talked into a 352.

If only Crouch could get regular starts or another ≤5m striker could emerge. Abraham is too expensive to fit into a 442.

Thoughts?
Yes. Will go with 4-4-2. Just have to see which one to get, DLC or Ayew. Got him yesterday before he rose. There are not many alternatives as Hemed is not starting anymore...

Edit: Just had a look at stats. DLC is averaging 2.2 shots pg and 1.1 key pass pg, while Ayew 1.5 shots and 0.4 key pass pg with similar xG and xA. Swansea is among the worst attacking sides in the league, while Everton is currently a bit better, but also poor, although one would expect they will get better. The issue with DLC is what will happen when new manager comes in, but we will probably not know that till after IB...

Edit num.2: It looks like it will have to be Ayew. DLC is not starting today.

Edit num.3: Scratch that. DLC it is.
:lol:
Last edited by Joshhua on 05 Nov 2017, 18:37, edited 3 times in total.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 01:47 Daniels is getting a lot of love here on fiso. What do you see in him? Is it the nice fixtures plus a little attacking threat? Personally I don’t have much confidence in Bournemouth’s defence and I don’t think he’s worth the extra .3 over the other cheap options.
Hi,
this is a bit tricky to answer, but will try. When looking how good some defence is, I look at following things:
- xA : Goals Conceded ratio (tells mostly how good GK is)
- xA : xG of opponents ratio (tells how generally the team is good at defending)
- Errors and errors leading to goal
- xG of opponents (telling how much defence was tested)

I don`t say this is the best way and by no means perfect but is the best what I found until now.

So looking at this, Bournemouth defence is little better than average defence in PL this season. They are letting a bit more chances than they should but they were heavily tested, playing against likes of City, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. They made only 3 errors, none of them leading to a goal (although Hazard`s goal was in my book error from Begovic) ranking them 6th ahead of United, Chelsea, City and others.

In the next five fixtures they are facing literally least threatening sides in the league HUD swa BUR SOU cry . Daniels is averaging one key pass pg, King looks to be getting back and Daniels had 3 shots yesterday. For his price you would need one or two CS in the next 5 games, without any attacking returns and BPs, which looks feasible imo.

With their style of play, they don`t deserve to be 16th and this fixture stretch being the best for them this season, they should be up for it to climb up the table.

Hope I managed to explain it. :D

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

is Kane a WC certainty now!? :shock:

Lukaku looks the best C for GW12 & 13
Hazard/Morata GW14
Hazard/Morata or City attacker GW15

etc

for those building a WC team that would include Lukaku, City attacking player, Hazard/Morata, Mane/Salah, it looks entirely feasible not to captain Kane for most GW's until Christmas (and beyond)

United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea have some fantastic fixtures for C picks and you could save at least 1m to invest elsewhere, will be interesting to see if Kane is removed from some of the WC teams that get posted over this international break.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Re. Kane, I certainly think it's worth considering. As you say, Gambit, there are good captaincy alternatives to be found for sure. The question is really about how happy you are to play that version of the game, ducking and weaving around certain GWs where Kane may be a runaway leader in the polls (GW13 - WBA, GW16 - STO) with the capacity to really do you some damage in MLs or your OR. For me, Kane is set-and-forget whilst healthy.

I've been having a little tinker, and I'd actually like to free up funds somewhere to squeeze Alonso in for Chelsea's good run. Options are: one of my 9.3 mid spots to Pogba (though the latest from Mourinho is, "I am not in control of his recovery," whatever that means), OR: Calvert-Lewin in the 3rd forward spot and Dann to Dunk. Otamendi would be the one to make way.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Not sure if Pogba would be a great addition, in my opinion. I had him in my team against Swansea, but he was being given those points from goals and assist against a poor West Ham and Swansea at that time that thought he was Moses. I think the numbers make him seem a better FPL pick than he is.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”