To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: GW12 Wild Card - Who's In?

Post by dino1980 »

Lockdown commenced, ended up with:

Speroni, Elliot
Bailly, Jones, Stones, Daniels, Moreno
Salah, Sane, Zaha, Richarlison, RLC
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham. 0.2 ITB

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Tall Paul wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 23:45 Just done some tinkering and ended up with -

Pope, Elliot
Alonso, Walker, Bailly, Mee, Moreno
Salah, Sane, Zaha, RLC, Cork
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

Midfield feels a bit weak, but the rest looks good.
I like the defence, although not sure Bailly will play every week with Rojo now back.

I'm now on:

DDG / Elliot
Dann / Daniels / Moreno / Vertonghen / Mee
Salah / Sane / Zaha / Richarlison / Coutinho
Morata / Lukaku / Niasse

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Good luck everyone. :)

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Here we go.

Pope Elliot
Moreno Daniels Dann Verthonghen Dummett
Pogba Coutinho Richarlison Zaha Sane
Kane Lukaku Calwert-Lewin

3-5–2 for the next two weeks before shifting Richarlison
to RLC and a 4-4-2.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Pogba
Murray

Coutinho
Niasse

Which is better? last decision

rest of midfield is - Sane, Salah, Richarlison, Zaha

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Gambit wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 08:17 Pogba
Murray

Coutinho
Niasse

Will the 3rd forward will be on the bench most of the time? If so, it is basically a question of Pogba v Coutinho. Longer-term I prefer Pogba but he might take a couple of weeks to get back to full speed, so maybe start with Coutinho, Murray.

I prefer Murray to Niasse generally as I suspect he is more likely to hold onto his place, plus Murray is on fire at the moment. Niasse has never managed to nail down a place in the Everton team so I wouldn't be bringing him in at a time when we might need a full squad playing. Having said that given the upcoming schedule, I can imagine Murray being rested on occasion (most probably in the harder games).

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 08:25
Gambit wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 08:17 Pogba
Murray

Coutinho
Niasse

Will the 3rd forward will be on the bench most of the time? If so, it is basically a question of Pogba v Coutinho. Longer-term I prefer Pogba but he might take a couple of weeks to get back to full speed, so maybe start with Coutinho, Murray.

I prefer Murray to Niasse generally as I suspect he is more likely to hold onto his place, plus Murray is on fire at the moment. Niasse has never managed to nail down a place in the Everton team so I wouldn't be bringing him in at a time when we might need a full squad playing. Having said that given the upcoming schedule, I can imagine Murray being rested on occasion (most probably in the harder games).
thanks, you're right, the 3rd striker would mostly be on the bench, so 5.7m would be too much to bench, knew there was a reason I hadn't made that move earlier :D

With Niasse, he would be 2nd or even 3rd sub most weeks, I'd be hoping I wouldn't need him too much.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Gambit wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 00:04
Tall Paul wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 23:45 Just done some tinkering and ended up with -

Pope, Elliot
Alonso, Walker, Bailly, Mee, Moreno
Salah, Sane, Zaha, RLC, Cork
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

Midfield feels a bit weak, but the rest looks good.
I like the defence, although not sure Bailly will play every week with Rojo now back.

I'm now on:

DDG / Elliot
Dann / Daniels / Moreno / Vertonghen / Mee
Salah / Sane / Zaha / Richarlison / Coutinho
Morata / Lukaku / Niasse
Thanks. I got Jones in at 5.0, so might just stick with him instead of Bailly, downgrade Walker to Stones then I could upgrade Cork to Richarlison.

I'd go with Coutinho and Niasse in your situation.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

right, have gone with Niasse, so now the final final choice is:

Alonso
Pogba
v
Vertonghen
Coutinho

that's so tough!

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I prefer Alonso and Pogba.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Tall Paul wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 08:49 I prefer Alonso and Pogba.
me too, just a little worried on Pogba being up to speed, but I like that he is one of JM's untouchables, and will just play and play when he's back.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Niasse is too much of a risk surely? Over the Christmas period you could really use a starting attacking sub.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 09:09 Niasse is too much of a risk surely? Over the Christmas period you could really use a starting attacking sub.
problem is that all the budget strikers are risks.

want to play 5 in midfield so the likes of Murray/Abraham are too costly to be a sub.

If Benteke gets back to his best or King proves his fitness then I will downgrade Zaha and bring in one of those for Niasse.

Other than going 3 big strikers there is no 3rd striker option I like at the moment.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Was thinking a lot about Joshua King, but just can`t base my whole team structure on a player who is a doubt having back injury for so long. Expect him to go rampant in the next 5 gws. :D
Ended up with 3-5-2:
Pope, Elliot
Azpilicueta, Dann, Daniels, Mee, Dunk
Salah, Sterling, Pogba, Zaha, Richarlison
Lukaku, Kane, Niasse

0.0 ITB

With an eye on getting Morata and Ramsey for Lukaku and Richarlison GW14, although it will be probably tough to ship out Lukaku before wat.
Should have one spare transfer in GW15/16 to revisit Salah/Mane/Coutinho conundrum. Good luck to you all!

Cantonascollar1
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cantonascollar1 »

Hi could do with with some help please

Vertongen and Gros

Or

Pogba and Dunk

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

After a bit more tinkering this morning, I've done away with Walker and Bailly to strengthen the midfield and ended up with:

Pope, Elliot
Alonso, Jones, Mee, Moreno, Dunk
Salah, Sane, Pogba, Richarlison, RLC
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Cantonascollar1 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 10:18 Hi could do with with some help please

Vertongen and Gros

Or

Pogba and Dunk
Depends what you need - is Gross going to be your fourth midfielder? How strong is your defence?

Either would do, if you've got a couple of premium defenders already and okay other defenders, I'd go with Pogba Dunk. If you've not got coverage for Pogba being eased into the team, go with Vert Gross. etc.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Was very tempted by the GW12 WC but I seem to have 8 or so of the final lineups on here already so I decided to save it for a couple of weeks. Good luck everyone.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Settled on:

Elliot, Speroni
Alonso, Otamendi, Mee, Duffy, Dummett
Salah, Sané, Silva, Richarlison, RLC
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham

Good luck everyone!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

How did it go, fellow WC'ers?

Lots of big scores this week. Who did you NEARLY get in but didn't? Anyone kicking themselves?

Of all who hauled, Pogba is the player I came closest to bringing in. Considered Hazard, Morata & Wilson, but I don't think I was ever close to bringing them in. Alonso was well timed, and I brought Richarlison in for the first time on my WC so was delighted with his goal. Lukaku could have gone better, and Abraham has already left my squad.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

MPTree wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 09:39 How did it go, fellow WC'ers?
Not so good. 60 points all out and a devastated defence with Stones out, Francis suspended and Bailly who I'm still hoping could be available.
There goes the plan of rolling a FT to bring Chelsea assets from GW14.

On the plus side, went with Niasse and RLC who both did well (but also both on my bench) and the rest of the team looks ok for the next GWs, as you should expect.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

MPTree wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 09:39 How did it go, fellow WC'ers?

Lots of big scores this week. Who did you NEARLY get in but didn't? Anyone kicking themselves?

Of all who hauled, Pogba is the player I came closest to bringing in. Considered Hazard, Morata & Wilson, but I don't think I was ever close to bringing them in. Alonso was well timed, and I brought Richarlison in for the first time on my WC so was delighted with his goal. Lukaku could have gone better, and Abraham has already left my squad.
Pretty good, best gw until now with 82 points and Niasse on the bench. :-)
However, think I made a mistake not listening to Ruth and not taking Coutinho instead of Salah and not going for Lukaku, Morata pair with an eye on GW15 switch Lukaku :arrow: Kane. Although I think 3-5-2 is the way to go over festive period, maybe it was a bit too soon as it will be hard to get Wilson if he continues like this, so mixed emotions.

Now, if I want Morata for SWA, I'll have to sell Lukaku who has wat. If I sell Kane for Morata, I will not have enough money to get him back as I took Salah over Coutinho. Also don't have enough money for only Richarlison :arrow: Ramsey GW14, so I will probably do Lukaku, Richarlison :arrow: Morata, Ramsey in GW14 and watch Lukaku tearing Watford appart. :?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

It went very well.

Clean sheets across the board along with a few goals has given me 90 points with Dunk to play tonight.

Bringing Pogba in on a last minute tinker on Saturday morning worked out wonderfully.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Good:
- 70 points all out and a green arrow
- Budget defenders (Moreno, Daniels) and mid-priced mids (Zaha, Richarlison) all delivered.
- I can take a drop on Stones and Abraham without losing any team value.

Bad:
Flag city! Stones, Abraham, Jones, Bailly. The first two are more serious than the United lads who should, fingers crossed, be back for the weekend. The injuries will cause me to take an unplanned hit down the line, if I don't take one this week.
No Pogba and no room to get him in as I'm happy with a midfield of Salah, Sane, Richarlison, Zaha, RLC.

Plan:
I can play 3-5-2 with RLC if Abraham is out so may just make the one move and replace Stones with one of Otamendi or Davies. Abraham to Wilson or Niasse would be the other obvious move. With my set-up I'm actually more tempted by Niasse as I'd planned to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 a fair bit.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

dino1980 wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 11:38 Good:
- 70 points all out and a green arrow
- Budget defenders (Moreno, Daniels) and mid-priced mids (Zaha, Richarlison) all delivered.
- I can take a drop on Stones and Abraham without losing any team value.

Bad:
Flag city! Stones, Abraham, Jones, Bailly. The first two are more serious than the United lads who should, fingers crossed, be back for the weekend. The injuries will cause me to take an unplanned hit down the line, if I don't take one this week.
No Pogba and no room to get him in as I'm happy with a midfield of Salah, Sane, Richarlison, Zaha, RLC.

Plan:
I can play 3-5-2 with RLC if Abraham is out so may just make the one move and replace Stones with one of Otamendi or Davies. Abraham to Wilson or Niasse would be the other obvious move. With my set-up I'm actually more tempted by Niasse as I'd planned to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 a fair bit.
I wouldn't get Davies until a better pattern is established of rotation for him. He's out of my team when I get a chance as the points have well and truly dried up

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

87 points all out.
I contemplated Salah for capt but at the last minute put Lukaka in as capt and Salah as vice. Still OK with the points

Thanks for all who contributed to this subject as I wouldn't have picked Niasse for this week...!

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Couldn’t have gone much better getting my first ever 100+ in a single gameweek. Only slight blip was I was looking at Pogba but couldn’t quite justify.

Morata, Alonso and of course Wilson did the job nicely.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Tall Paul wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 10:20 After a bit more tinkering this morning, I've done away with Walker and Bailly to strengthen the midfield and ended up with:

Pope, Elliot
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham
This is exactly the team I want (Moreno) aside. Is Lukaku :arrow: Morata also pencilled in for either 14 or 15?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

The Toon Man wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 19:10
Tall Paul wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 10:20 After a bit more tinkering this morning, I've done away with Walker and Bailly to strengthen the midfield and ended up with:

Pope, Elliot
Kane, Lukaku, Abraham
This is exactly the team I want (Moreno) aside. Is Lukaku :arrow: Morata also pencilled in for either 14 or 15?
I expect so, but the best made plans and all that...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

went just about perfectly, had it not been for the Lindelof slip costing United a clean sheet I'd have had a full house from all 11 starters.

finished on 102 with 18 on the bench!

Playing 3-5-2 and delighted with my midfield, a little worried about not having Kane but only for this coming GW, Leicester away GW14 doesn't worry me too much (they held a free scoring City to just two goals) and I have a plan to go Lukaku to Kane in GW15 so I get the full benefit of the "easy" Lukaku fixtures.

If Kane continues to struggle then my plan will be to use the Lukaku cash to fund Hazard giving me - Pogba / Hazard / Salah / Zaha / Sane, which I may decide to do anyway as I don't think I would C Kane enough to justify nearly 13m.

Overall really pleased, I think in Pogba / Salah / Sane / Alonso / Morata / Zaha / DDG I have key players for the Christmas period.

Would like Hazard, Coutinho, etc but you can't have them all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”