To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Harry Kane’s GW10 hammy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Re: Harry Kane’s GW10 hammy

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Magic wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 16:32
MPTree wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 12:32Based on what Poch has said, this sounds like a "hold" scenario to me, especially given his obvious captaincy potential next GW. Problem is that my bench is pretty underwhelming this week. Might just play Carroll and hope for the best.
I wouldn't trust Poch's statement about him possibly being ready for Real Madrid. Go back and see what he said about Rose's injury in January. He ended up being out for 9 months. Poch also said Wanyama could maybe be back for the first game of the season. We're now closing in on November and Wanyama is yet to play a single minute of football this season. Spurs are notorious for being misleading with injuries, especially the amount of time someone is out for.
Ya, but Kane also returned from an ankle injury sooner than expected last year. There's been a couple of injuries that seem like they were managed poorly by Spurs but do we have any reason to think that's true of this one? It sounds like a minor hamstring tweak, not a long-term injury.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

I'm thinking of bringing in Jesus

Leaving me with kun sterling and Jesus. At least im covered and get 2 out of 3. What can possibly go wrong :lol:

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Having gone around in circles several times trying to have my cake and eat it using the Kane money, I think I’m just going to do Kane ️ Lacazette. My other plans were racking up hits both to implement and then reverse when he was back.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

jacksosi wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 17:55 Having gone around in circles several times trying to have my cake and eat it using the Kane money, I think I’m just going to do Kane Image️ Lacazette. My other plans were racking up hits both to implement and then reverse when he was back.
Only plays 70 mins though . Thought about him myself. Swansea will park a bus too l

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

DAREEL wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 17:52 I'm thinking of bringing in Jesus

Leaving me with kun sterling and Jesus. At least im covered and get 2 out of 3. What can possibly go wrong :lol:
2 out of 3 on bench maybe

Beadling Boy
Treebeard

Post by Beadling Boy »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 12:06 Coutinho now out as well apparently.
Kane . . . Coutinho . . . My team is falling apart at the last minute!!! :shock:

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

carver wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 18:14

2 out of 3 on bench maybe
Well I expect no less this season :lol:

Going with instinct I think ..waiting to see Jesus drop tonight tho

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Kun benched or in stands, Jesus and Sterling play 58' and 59' respectively, both at fullback.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

math! wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 18:38

Kun benched or in stands, Jesus and Sterling play 58' and 59' respectively, both at fullback.
Mmm not thought of that scenario. .Maybe morata safer than Jesus then

Markman
Wideboy
FS Record: I coulda been a contender

Post by Markman »

This just looks like Spurs being prudent really. To me this one is exactly what it says on the tin. Holding in the expectation that he plays against Palace.

If he doesn't, you can buy anybody at a time where it will hopefully be more clear than it is today who the best replacement is.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Markman wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 18:53 This just looks like Spurs being prudent really. To me this one is exactly what it says on the tin. Holding in the expectation that he plays against Palace.

If he doesn't, you can buy anybody at a time where it will hopefully be more clear than it is today who the best replacement is.
If he doesn't though it's an opportunity wasted this week . Risk of losing value especially if he's out vs real

Markman
Wideboy

Post by Markman »

DAREEL wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 18:56 If he doesn't though it's an opportunity wasted this week . Risk of losing value especially if he's out vs real
Of course it's all speculation. If I knew Aguero was 100% to start I'd do it. If I had confidence in Lacazette or Moratta and their next fixtures were better I'd do it. However, I know what I'd be thinking if he's declared fit next Friday and I didn't have him.

Just think he'll be back coz I've had a share of hammys myself and I know what his behaviour on Sunday most likely indicates. I wasn't surprised when he was ruled out today.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

math! wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 18:38

Ederson Hat trick?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 14:35 Just thinking out loud...

The thing with hamstring strains is the threat of recurrence if the muscle is over-exerted too soon or for too long. But that's aggregative, in other words it relates to duration of effort as much as intensity of effort. That's my understanding anyway. For example, when Costa had hamstring issues, Chelsea managed it by only playing him once per week and bringing him off after 70 minutes or so. Isn't No Way Jose a physio? Maybe he could comment?

There's no way for us to know how severe Kane's issue is but it does occur to me that if Spurs manage to get him back for RM on Wednesday then they could easily rest him for Palace next weekend. It's not 'fit' or 'not fit' with hamstrings, it's 'how fit for how long' and perhaps Palace 3 days after RM would be too much? Or they may swerve RM instead, who knows? Or he may not be ready for either.

Anyway, all ifs and buts and maybes. But this does nudge me towards removing Kane. A fully-fit Kane running rampant against Palace is the fear but I guess the worst it would cost me to rectify the move would be 4 points somewhere down the line.
Hamstrings have the highest recurrence of any muscle tear, you're right. And you're right re the fatigue factor. You actually have 3 hamstring muscles and the other ones can compensate for minor tears with lower intensity running but typically you risk injury with even a single high intensity sprint and this risk then increases with fatigue. This is how costa was largely managed in games they could afford to, not because he felt pain but often to avoid the risk.

I've played CM the week after a G1 tear after a week of intense treatment but couldn't go past 90% pace without significant pain or kick hard with that leg

There's specific testing for passing him fit to play and there's a chance he would be fit for palace. I'd guess he's 50/50 for palace and he would play 60 at most in that game anyway to be safe and if they are smart with their most important asset then resting him for a very winnable home game or just having him on the bench for emergencies aka agueros rib would be what will happen. This has the added benefit of him possibly missing internationals and resting

As you say though, ifs and buts. He may pass testing and be back for Madrid somehow but this is how I see it panning out

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Thanks very much.

I blame FPL. Seems like I have learned some basics about injuries and that is only from 3 years of needing to figure out what was what with crocked players. :roll:

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

Is there any chance Poch is playing Jose at his own game? Jose is always playing mind games, claiming players are injured and then they're in the line up come match day... Pochettino is not that type of manager but it would make me so happy if he was doing that.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Don't think so. This is a clear rule-out. Mourinho usually casts heavy doubt then surprises us. There is of course a chance and I too would love it to have been cramp. Kane is getting absolutely destroyed in the transfer market. If he's back for GW11, I actually see that as a very good thing.

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

Sutter Kane wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 21:34 Kane is getting absolutely destroyed in the transfer market. If he's back for GW11, I actually see that as a very good thing.
I agree, this seems like a bit of FPL good luck. Anything that dents Kane's ownership is a good thing

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Pep will play himself as a false 9 :D

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

No price drop for Kane. He’ll probably drop tonight after all the additional transfers out Saturday morning, but if he’s declared fit for Real that might stop the bleeding and he stays at 12.6.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Markman wrote:This just looks like Spurs being prudent really. To me this one is exactly what it says on the tin. Holding in the expectation that he plays against Palace.

Looking at Lukaku home to Newcastle Brighton in 12/13, and Kane ars WBA, then Lukaku seems sensible buy

Markman
Wideboy

Post by Markman »

Billy Bongo wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 06:02
Markman wrote:This just looks like Spurs being prudent really. To me this one is exactly what it says on the tin. Holding in the expectation that he plays against Palace.

Looking at Lukaku home to Newcastle Brighton in 12/13, and Kane ars WBA, then Lukaku seems sensible buy

Yeah I'm holding Lukaku for that reason anyway. There could be a lot of folks going into that period wanting to bring in Kane and Lukaku.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Will there be many that will just bench him this week?
I have to decide whether to play Carroll or Naughton away at Arsenal, so not an ideal fixture for Swansea.
I just don't see the point in taking a hit to remove him?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Would have held until he dropped in less than a day. Lord knows how far he'll drop based on the possibility of him getting another rest next weekend.

TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

Post by TopMarx »

No Way Jose wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 21:02 Hamstrings have the highest recurrence of any muscle tear, you're right. And you're right re the fatigue factor. You actually have 3 hamstring muscles and the other ones can compensate for minor tears with lower intensity running but typically you risk injury with even a single high intensity sprint and this risk then increases with fatigue. This is how costa was largely managed in games they could afford to, not because he felt pain but often to avoid the risk.
great info, thank you

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Spurs looked no better then average today. Pretty poor attacking wise. Think as soon as Kane is healed he will be straight back, even against an awful palace. They can't afford not to play him or ease him back if fit. Glad I kept him.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

FPL now have him at 25%. Is this a guess or has Poch made a comment along these lines?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Their flags are pretty arbitrary, it's probably just that he's not definitely out yet, so they gave him an orange flag.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

He is a doubt for Real Madrid game. Maybe Spurs loosing today is not bad for Kane, as they will have to bounce back against Palace and looking how they struggled against every team sitting back at Wembley, not sure Poch will see it as an easy game. Of course, if Kane can play in the first place.

Thinking now selling him was a good idea, as even if he can play, is it wise to captain him under these circumstances? Think there is a fair chance that he could be injured in the first 10 minutes or taken off early after 60 minutes as a precaution. :?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joshhua wrote: He is a doubt for Real Madrid game. Maybe Spurs loosing today is not bad for Kane, as they will have to bounce back against Palace and looking how they struggled against every team sitting back at Wembley, not sure Poch will see it as an easy game. Of course, if Kane can play in the first place.

Thinking now selling him was a good idea, as even if he can play, is it wise to captain him under these circumstances? Think there is a fair chance that he could be injured in the first 10 minutes or taken off early after 60 minutes as a precaution. :?

Yep. I did sell him (and I damned well hope he drops tonight). But I'm now thinking I may wait till GW12 to bring him back. There has to be a chance that Pochettino plays safe with him against Palace, even if he plays against RM.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”