To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jesus or Aguero?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Jesus or Aguerro?

Jesus
23%
Aguerro
44%
Both of them
4%
Neither of them
28%

Total votes: 115

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Re: Jesus or Aguero?

Post by hancockjr »

If given the all clear I can't see why he wouldn't.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

if a player collapses wouldn't there be other tests a day or two later just to be sure even if they are released from hospital?

from reading the reports he didn't regain consciousness until he was in the hospital, with all the player welfare issues I would be amazed if he is playing this weekend.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Me three

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Surely if you have him you now need to move him on for the safety of Lukaku. What was a handy 2 week differential is now looking reckless.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

no reason to rush a transfer, price change not imminent, and press conference info could be huge this week with so many injury doubts across the board.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

I hope he's ok.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Man City and Sampaoli now referring to it as a dizzy spell, also being clarified that he he didn't lose consciousness.

https://talksport.com/football/sergio-a ... 1114262005

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Apparently he was back at the team hotel that night so I guess it couldn't have been too serious. Still not keeping Jesus!

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I`m so sick of Aguero fantasy-wize..for several years he has been a point of uncertainty. But it`s to dangerous to ignore him.
Thinking of going Lukaku - Kane - 6.0

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Unsure what to do with Jesus...

Have a choice of ditching either him or Vardy (would be a -4 for Vardy) and getting Lukaku.

Think there will be goals in that game but unsure as usual on his minutes

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Interesting article. Looks like time to dump both ...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-13926231

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 15:14 Interesting article. Looks like time to dump both ...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-13926231
Absolutely! I read this quote with interest. I get that either can still have an impact from the bench (see Jesus v Arsenal) but with City smashing teams each week the likelihood is the striker who is benched just gets 10-15 minutes or maybe none at all to get a rest. Can we afford to have a starting striker at £10.5-11.5m who only plays every other game? No for me especially when Morata is outscoring both anyway

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ricardo81 wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 19:38 Absolutely! I read this quote with interest. I get that either can still have an impact from the bench (see Jesus v Arsenal) but with City smashing teams each week the likelihood is the striker who is benched just gets 10-15 minutes or maybe none at all to get a rest. Can we afford to have a starting striker at £10.5-11.5m who only plays every other game? No for me especially when Morata is outscoring both anyway
I guess many of us will bring in Morata for GW14, but personally I'm happy to have Jesus (hud) rather than Morata (liv) in GW13. Jesus might not play or he might play just 10-15 minutes. On the other hand he might start and then it's a delicious super premium fixture.

What are other people with Aguero or Jesus doing? Surely it's a hold in GW13 and then switch to Morata in GW14, right?

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Yeah might as well hold on to Aguero for Huddersfield then out for Morata.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think I'll be another in the City striker vs HUD then sell for Morata camp.

Now the fixtures start getting manic it might be time to take less of a risk generally - will probably look to sell sterling too, Pogba/Alli/Mane/Cout all looking a decent price to me.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Holding Jesus for the next match as I am convinced he will start. Then he is gone for Morata (kicking myself for letting Morata rise to 10.5).

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I'm really struggling to justify holding Aguero for Huddersfield when it's clear as day he won't start. He's not even been getting minutes from the bench recently. For Jesus owners it's obviously a hold with a switch to Morata next week.

I was lucky last week with Choupo-Moting's 10pts subbing in but don't feel optimistic this week with only Gross as an available sub.

I'm even considering a 4pt hit to take him out for Callum Wilson! :shock:

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

Sammy the Crab wrote: I'm really struggling to justify holding Aguero for Huddersfield when it's clear as day he won't start. He's not even been getting minutes from the bench recently. For Jesus owners it's obviously a hold with a switch to Morata next week.

I was lucky last week with Choupo-Moting's 10pts subbing in but don't feel optimistic this week with only Gross as an available sub.

I'm even considering a 4pt hit to take him out for Callum Wilson! :shock:
In the same camp. Even though Morata is away to Liverpool, he's guaranteed to start. You can't say the same of Aguero and does look likely he'll be benched based on the recent rotation pattern. I'm moving early for Morata this week as generally trying to remove the rotation risks out of my starting 11

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

For what it's worth, Jesus has been starting the away games and Kun the home ones.

Holding Jesus before switching to Morata next week.

Not sure about captaincy though...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

iamkiko wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 10:16 For what it's worth, Jesus has been starting the away games and Kun the home ones.

Holding Jesus before switching to Morata next week.

Not sure about captaincy though...
This.

Kane captain for me, Jesus vice.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Seems Morata is going to rocket in price, everywhere you look there are predicted Lukaku Jesus Kun Firmino to Morata sales pending

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I'm holding aguero on the basis he'll play one of the next two and whichever one I fancy him to wrack up the points.

Southampton struggled against Liverpool so City 'should' demolish them.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 20:21 I'm holding aguero on the basis he'll play one of the next two and whichever one I fancy him to wrack up the points.

West Ham at home after that. ;)

MGPT
Treebeard

Post by MGPT »

Yeah I think it's easy to get too shortsighted about the Hudd game. City have 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league next week and Aguero will play at least 150/270 mins. I fancy him to match 250 from Lukaku or anyone else with those fixtures.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 20:21 I'm holding aguero on the basis he'll play one of the next two and whichever one I fancy him to wrack up the points.

I really wish I hadn't read this.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

From4corners wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 20:47

West Ham at home after that. ;)
Surely it's more likely that Aguero starts the Southampton game (midweek) then Jesus comes back in for the West Ham game?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 17:45 Surely it's more likely that Aguero starts the Southampton game (midweek) then Jesus comes back in for the West Ham game?
Not according to the theory that Aguero starts (all? most?) homegames.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Only a foolish man would try and predict Peps line up based on previous games. Pep likes to keep his opponents guessing. So as crazy as this sounds YOU SHOULD expect the unexpected

Whether u go with Aguero and/or Jesus or dont, it will be a risk either way. I'm going with my own gut instinct. Whether this pays off only time will tell

Watch pep take it to the next level and play em both!

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

The thing is, both Aguero and Jesus is top 5 strikers in FPL this season so both are good picks EVEN if there is risk for rotation. I had Jesus almost the whole season, and i am happy with that. Morata and Jesus are the only top strikers priced under 11m, so therefore, I think they are the best picks up front.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Skrtel wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 22:21 The thing is, both Aguero and Jesus is top 5 strikers in FPL this season so both are good picks EVEN if there is risk for rotation. I had Jesus almost the whole season, and i am happy with that. Morata and Jesus are the only top strikers priced under 11m, so therefore, I think they are the best picks up front.
Didn’t they both play together for a while though, but Pep has said Mendys injury means that’s no longer an option?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”