To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Crystal Palace

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Crystal Palace

Post by bigcliff2 »

These have an eye-wateringly good run of fixtures from 10-19, apart from Spurs away in GW11.

Where should we be looking here?

Defenders - Dann seems to be the cheapest nailed on starter at 4.7 and is good for a couple of goals a season. Van Anholt at 5.2? Schlupp at 4.7?

Midfielders - Obviously Zaha at 6.7 is a big consideration. Townsend at 5.7? Cabaye at 5.4?

Opinions?

DalianAtkinson
FISOhead

Re: Crystal Palace

Post by DalianAtkinson »

Speroni at 4.0.

Looks like he will keep his place (assuming he was not at fault for the goal today) given that Hennessey was fit enough for the bench.

RLC at 4.5 if he can get in the team.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Dann at 4.7 might be my Alonso replacement.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Thinking Dann might be my Jones replacement, depending on the extent of his injury of course.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Will schlupp keep his place? Benteke, Zaha, Townsend, RLC. Any palace fans know how they might lineup when the squad is full strength?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Dann looks assured of his place and has a decent scoring history, sounds good to me at 4.7.

If schlupp could stay in the team playing OOP he would be great, but surely when Benteke is fit Zaha goes back to the wing, and schlupp drops to bench.

Zaha and Townsend both good options, will be more tempted by the latter as he fits a nice price point, and performance wise I reckon they'll be much of a much

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm now considering a wildcard this week and that Speroni/Hennessey pairing almost picks itself at 8.4 combined.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm currently running with Zaha as a starter and RLC as a backup(/Abraham tough fixture coverer) - both look like they might play OOP in a front two and, with the run of games Palace have, excellent value.

I guess the slight issue with Zaha is that whilst the cheap midfielder bracket is starting to look strong enough to warrant a place in our teams, there's an argument that much of the value (Richarlison, Gross etc) looks to be slightly cheaper - and significantly cheaper in some cases. And with RLC, he still has to break into the 442 from injury to be the great option he looks like he might become - hopefully Townsend will move to RM.

It might end up being three for me, as I'm also strongly considering Dann as a Jones replacement (depending on news). Hodgson already has them looking far more solid with that 4atb formation. :D

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Before he got injured the word was that RLC looked too good to be playing for Palace. He's potentially massive value if his benching yesterday was just Hodgson wanting to give the same 11 another chance after the Chelsea win. But sounds like they created nowt yesterday so surely he'll be back starting ahead of the likes of Schlupp or any of the other midfielders.

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

I guess that TFM has been pushed aside after the arrival of Roy? 4.5 M defender with the coming fixtures in Hodgson defence would be nice. I get the goal thread Dann brings but I'm still hesitant to pay the extra compared to other base price options available and cash tight in front of the fixture shift. I'm also a bit concerned about the other triple capital RLC. My uneducated intuition about Roy is that he's really conservative. Young prospect that is at the club solely as a season long loanee doesn't seem like a player Roy would give starting positions too regularly. And if that's the case I'd rather try to reach for Townsend or Zaha and keep Carroll as a rotter. I hope that I'm wrong here since OOP Loftus-Cheek would be answer to many problems.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

At 4.7 Dann, with his goals record and the Woy factor, has cracking potential. I've brought him in this week, to help navigate the Jones / Davies uncertainty

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

So, CP was woeful yesterday. Didn't see the match but reports (and the result!) are unanimous. Here's some comments from Hodgson that may interest people considering players like PVA, RLC, TFM, Sako,.. who played yesterday:

"I was anxious that we rested some of those players, and I was also anxious to see some other players, because some of those out there I have not really had the chance to watch some of those in so-called first team action.

"It was an opportunity for them to knock on the door of the first team and start threatening the place of the players who have been playing the last two games.

"So I am bitterly disappointed that didn't work out, because there were very few performances out there today that made me think I was picking the wrong team."

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

And I need to add that it seems that Speroni's spot is now his to loose. Hennessey was one of the main creators of yesterday's defeat.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Hotstepper wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 14:59 At 4.7 Dann, with his goals record and the Woy factor, has cracking potential. I've brought him in this week, to help navigate the Jones / Davies uncertainty
Same here. At £5.0m i'm reluctant but at £4.70m with this run of games to come;

WHU (H) TOT (A) - EVE (H) STK (H) BRI (A) WBA (A) BOU (H) WAT (H)

I rate that as all but 1 favourable fixtures and that's discounting his goal threat. Worth a punt at the price and 0.5% ownership appeals too.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Is Speroni nailed?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

I Am Ville wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 22:09 Is Speroni nailed?
He's first choice anyway it seems. I'm going him and Hennessey though

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces

Post by I Am Ville »

On FH and need the .2 from changing Elliot to a 3.9. As its the difference between Mee and Dunk and really prefer Mee.
I guess the worse that happens is Speroni loses his place and i go without a GK for 1 week.
Was Hennessey plain dropped or was he injured?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

I Am Ville wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 22:28 On FH and need the .2 from changing Elliot to a 3.9. As its the difference between Mee and Dunk and really prefer Mee.
I guess the worse that happens is Speroni loses his place and i go without a GK for 1 week.
Was Hennessey plain dropped or was he injured?
Pretty sure he was dropped

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces

Post by I Am Ville »

Hennessey played the Carrierbag Cup in midweek and let in 4. Speroni not even on bench so presume rested and ready to start again in the league

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces

Post by I Am Ville »

Quote from BBCSport in the Chelsea match report

Fabregas' 25-yard strike hit the bar, while substitutes Pedro and Charly Musonda could not beat Julian Speroni - the 38-year-old keeper brought in to replace the injured Wayne Hennessey.

Looks like Hennessey was injured rather than dropped

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

can Zaha justify the 2.3m extra over RLC?

at 4.5m RLC is the best budget midfielder by far, but I'd love to have Zaha for this excellent fixture run, don't want them both.

Wouldn't be so bad if the price difference was .5m, I'd take Zaha then, but 2.3m is huge, can't help thinking Zaha is a luxury pick, and it's wise just to stick with RLC and have an extra 2m+?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes I think Zaha can justify the extra - for me it wouldn't be one or the other, they're not competing for the same spot in your squad surely. Zaha must play pretty much every game at that price whereas RLC can be ignored for large parts. What can one do with the extra money though...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Sutter Kane wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 15:24 Yes I think Zaha can justify the extra - for me it wouldn't be one or the other, they're not competing for the same spot in your squad surely. Zaha must play pretty much every game at that price whereas RLC can be ignored for large parts. What can one do with the extra money though...
possibly yes, considering a 5 man midfield so I have Salah/Sane/Ricarlison, will get 1 more premium (Hazard, Alli etc) and then logically it would be RLC.....but those fixtures with Zaha........

and when I see Salah/Sane/Ricarlison/Hazard/Zaha it looks so much better than if RLC is in there! :D

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

After his man of the match performance for England I have my eye on Loftus-Cheek as my fifth mid.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

RLC was superb the other night. If I ever have a transfer spare I will bring him in as my fifth mid, but I'm going with Zaha over him for a starting role for now.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

math! wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 22:54 After his man of the match performance for England I have my eye on Loftus-Cheek as my fifth mid.
I have him and will utilise him in the coming weeks (happy to play both him and Zaha against Everton) but one downside is Crystal Palace have difficult fixtures over the festive period when we may need our squad players.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Zaha looked strong and fast against Spurs, he definitely looks a prospect against weaker defences. I recently brought in Gross as my 4th mid so I may be doing some behind the couch style watching.
Last edited by math! on 13 Nov 2017, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think Zaha will be my transfer in this week, but it does look fairly close between him and Richarlison on performances so far. I'm probably happy to take Zaha's fixtures and his last couple of games as a striker and make the assumption that Zaha will be the better pick going forward, but it feels like a close decision.

I think I read that Benteke is back soon, any thoughts on how that will affect them? Will Zaha play well off a target man like that or would it just confuse the Palace style of play?

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

I'm inclined to give RLC a M4 position for a while and spend the saved money elswhere.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think midfield 4 is a brave call, but would be a good way to play three super-premium strikers perhaps.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”