To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Crystal Palace

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Desperado
Treebeard

Re: Crystal Palace

Post by Desperado »

The way I look at it is that RLC's potential is wasted as a first sub so I'd like to give him regular starts now Hodgson also has given him a advanced position in first eleven. I eagerly admit I was strongly suspecting that at the time of Roy's appointment.

Other options on the side of M4 that would grant RLC a regular starting position in a fantasy team are 352 or 451. In both of these the forwards occupying bech carry some extra budget compared to sub 4.5M middlefielders and defenders.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think he's played on the right of midfield, so whilst a great option as a 4.5 mid (and a huge amount better than a normal 4.5 mid), I don't quite know if he has the numbers to justify a starting slot, especially as he looks more the assister than the goal scorer in his Palace career so far.

As with all things in FPL though it rather depends what you can do with the rest of the money, and I totally get the strategy of playing him if not all the time, then in rotation with the cheaper defenders. A 343/433 hybrid is perfect to pick him in, if it's a 343 then I find myself with money in the bank that feels hard to spend. The question really for me is not is he a good 4.5 mid, but is he a formation busting type of player, and I'm not too sure that he's gonna bring enough points to gain favour over a 6-7m mid in the 4th midfield slot.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I'm looking to start RLC most weeks in a 3-5-2, it didn't take the England game to convince me he's a 6.5m value player priced at 4.5m.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

I think 6.5 might be a bit much but definitely value at 4.5 and if things start going his way he could prove to be a key player given his price. A few post hits or fluke saves have stopped him having any decent returns so far

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Benteke is now fit according to Hodgson.

He's 0.8 more expensive than Zaha but a decent option for those of us who can't really squeeze in Zaha?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 19:42Benteke is now fit according to Hodgson. He's 0.8 more expensive than Zaha but a decent option for those of us who can't really squeeze in Zaha?
Eh?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

I'm assuming he means can downgrade A3 (firmino, vardy etc) to benteke but don't have free cash for say gross to zaha

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I *think* Sammy means that there are a lot of teams who can’t afford Zaha as their third/fourth mid or simply don’t want him because they have some combo of Sterling/Richarlison/Choupo-Moting/Gross.

Whereas the third striker slot seems to be more fluid.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Yes exactly that.

With three 8.0+ midfielders, Gross who I picked up at 5.4 and RLC being an excellent 4.5m enabler I couldn't justify Zaha. Those with Richarlison in M4 will have the same problem.

So Benteke is the easiest way into the Palace attack for their nice run.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

A-ha, thank you folks. I get it, now.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

I have Zaha due to CP's fixtures, but something tells me he won't score good at all...

Benteke might be a good option... or a defender.

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

Has anyone been eyeing CP lately? How has Jeffrey Schlupp been doing? He has a history of being utilized in more advanced positions and lately he has taken van Aanholts spot as a left back. With remotely cheap 4.7M price tag and some attacking promise could here be a way to Eagles' enhanced defence?

BajanGooner
Kevin and Perry

Post by BajanGooner »

I am craving some news on Speroni/Hennessey. I currently have 2 FT, not many changes needed other than having Elliot and a price dropping D Silva. Pope is my starting keeper and wanted to get in a cheap second. Both Hennessey and Speroni fit this bill but I have no idea to guess who will play since there is no Hennessey injury update and the fact that Speroni came back for a monster 11 points. Maybe he's won his place back for a few games?

Elliot not in immediate threat of going down but Speroni should go up tonight. Paying for my sins in trying to be cheap rather than just spend a little extra and get Fabianski.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”