To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2017/18 FPL Price Changes and Team Value Monitoring

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

2017/18 FPL Price Changes and Team Value Monitoring

Post by pdhmobile »

I have never really give it any consideration since i started playing, whatever it was, it was.
However this year I plan to catch the price rises and the players on the up and try to increase my TV. Now the question is where and how do i find who is rising and who is dropping, and the deadline for catching these?

Cheers

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Team value and price rises

Post by Blue Fire »

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Perfect, Cheers

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

I think it's safe to say that Hegazi will be rising

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

pdhmobile wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:01 I have never really give it any consideration since i started playing, whatever it was, it was.
However this year I plan to catch the price rises and the players on the up and try to increase my TV. Now the question is where and how do i find who is rising and who is dropping, and the deadline for catching these?

Cheers
Yea I'd always tried to avoid it. Took a different tactic last year, chasing TV as much as possible till Christmas and had my best season ever. Will definitely be taking a similar approach this year.

Obviously this could be just an argument that the extra £ is needed to make up for my lack of skill!

Looks like no price rises overnight last night. Not sure if that would be expected - can't remember when the first ones happened last season.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Considering a very early wildcard to catch the first big rises and to give me a more balanced team overall.

Planning Foster>DDG, Bailly>Hegazi, Zaha>Salah, Miki>De Bruyne, Ince>Alli, Willian>Chabolah, Jesus>Mounier

Genius or Folly?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Folly.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Ask a question get an answer! Just feel I'm gonna have to ditch one my big three strikers to be able to get Salah and Alli. Plus want shot of Zaha, watched the whole Palace game yesterday they look truly awful can't get the grips with the system and FDB looks like a mouse on the touchline.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'd only do it if you struggle to start XI. Last season I had a load of injuries, non-starters and Stones - so I WC'ed now. ( I watched Citeh vs Sunderland, and decided to dump him during the match, and before Sunderland scored :lol: )

It is neither BIG nor clever......

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

swadd1er wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 07:56 I think it's safe to say that Hegazi will be rising
So using him as an example. Should I be transferring him because he's due to rise, regardless of what I think of there immediate fixtures and what I think of the team he plays for?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

But I really want to! No I see your logic all my players have started except for my third sub(Long). Alli and Salah are haunting me though!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 15:31 But I really want to!
Like a 4 year old throwing a strop and stamping a foot?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I am thinking of doing Danilo --> Hegazi to free up cash and avoid another potential sub off before 60mins drama.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

pdhmobile wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 15:21
swadd1er wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 07:56 I think it's safe to say that Hegazi will be rising
So using him as an example. Should I be transferring him because he's due to rise, regardless of what I think of there immediate fixtures and what I think of the team he plays for?
At this time in the season, the main concern for me is price drops. Jumping on risers is well and good and can be worth doing, but there are so many more drops than rises at this time of year that you really have to keep an eye on that, and use your transfers well.

Here's a reference article that shows the number of drops compared to rises:
https://mathematicallysafe.wordpress.co ... -wildcard/

I found a couple of seasons ago (the Leicester year) that holding on to players even if you think they are good picks, while they drop in value, can be catastrophic so my first question to myself is always who is dropping in my team rather than who is a good bandwagon, that only becomes a question if I identify someone I want to lose from my squad. The really good ones are usually quite easy to identify, so if you have to ask if you should find space for a player, then they probably are not a very enticing bandwagon and you should probably let them go by for now.

Specifically regarding Hegazi, a 4.5 defender is never going to be a huge bandwagon, and you can always counter a Hegazi with a Dawson or one of the many 4.5 defenders, so I don't see the need to jump on to this one. Unless you have a dropping defender, which I would make the Hegazi switch on. Someone that you're really not sure about keeping because they didn't start or played in a team that performed poorly for example, but who is not dropping, I'd suggest that you consider banking because two transfers next week will let you shift two droppers if needed and that's a bigger advantage in my eyes than bringing in someone who rises once this week (and for who there are plentiful alternatives).

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 16:46 Specifically regarding Hegazi, a 4.5 defender is never going to be a huge bandwagon, and you can always counter a Hegazi with a Dawson or one of the many 4.5 defenders, so I don't see the need to jump on to this one. Unless you have a dropping defender, which I would make the Hegazi switch on. Someone that you're really not sure about keeping because they didn't start or played in a team that performed poorly for example, but who is not dropping, I'd suggest that you consider banking because two transfers next week will let you shift two droppers if needed and that's a bigger advantage in my eyes than bringing in someone who rises once this week (and for who there are plentiful alternatives).
I agree there are lot of alternatives with defenders. But then again he is a 4.5m WBA defender in a season when there are just few 4.5m defenders and they play in poor defences. That sounds like a season keeper if only he becomes nailed, doesn't it?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Can he become nailed? He has an appalling goal record given his height but maybe Pulis' 'prehistoric caveman set piece routines' can unlock some serious potential. It's his to lose but 1 or 2 bad games and might be out for McAuley. I can never really see Evans dropped.

FatRonaldo
Wideboy
FS Record: Mini league contender

Post by FatRonaldo »

Knee jerk springs to mind, bandwagon already.

Is one game really enough of a sample?

Looking at Hegazi stats he's scored:

5 in 13 games Egypt under 20's
(Not sure if he played upfront previously)

2 in 81 club games

Although I agree if a starter could be a good pick with W Broms schedule.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Will Zaha drop soon? He is 2nd most transferred out mid. Thinking about Zaha>Chabolah to make funds for Willian>Alli

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

I have zaha too. This is my concern. I want to keep the transfer for next week but don't want to lost value.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 19:04 Can he become nailed? He has an appalling goal record given his height but maybe Pulis' 'prehistoric caveman set piece routines' can unlock some serious potential. It's his to lose but 1 or 2 bad games and might be out for McAuley. I can never really see Evans dropped.
Any chance WBA might play with three centre backs?

Who are his competitors, just Dawson, Evans and McAuley?

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Come on now masses, stop selling Zaha and start selling Kane :D

equal2zero
FISOhead

Post by equal2zero »

Hezagi rose up, first rise, hopefully he can achieve another sooner than later so I can make profit out of it...

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Finisher1 wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 20:28
Sutter Kane wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 19:04 Can he become nailed? He has an appalling goal record given his height but maybe Pulis' 'prehistoric caveman set piece routines' can unlock some serious potential. It's his to lose but 1 or 2 bad games and might be out for McAuley. I can never really see Evans dropped.
Any chance WBA might play with three centre backs?

Who are his competitors, just Dawson, Evans and McAuley?
Craig Dawson could be facing 3 match (2 league) ban for a stamp on Saturday. Not really seen much of it in the news. Was a shocker though.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Jesus people! Stop selling.... him

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Looks like Lukaku, Vardy and Salah will rise tonight if transfers in continue at a similar rate.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

and Kane to drop

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

carver wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 11:18

Craig Dawson could be facing 3 match (2 league) ban for a stamp on Saturday. Not really seen much of it in the news. Was a shocker though.
Lol, changed Hegazi to Dawson just before deadline. Go with the attacking defenders even if they cost a bit more, eh! :lol:

Like you say though, I can't seem to find anything on this story. From memory MOTD did briefly show it but it wasn't 100% conclusive he meant it and Ake wasn't exactly blaming Dawson.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Price Change Help

Post by blahblah »

Is there a Site that shows the NTO\NTI type Predictive Price Change thing for my Squad?

I thought I had one last season: but I can't find it in my Bookmarks

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Price Change Help

Post by Stemania »

FFFix?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Re: Price Change Help

Post by blahblah »

Could be, but I get this:
Error logging in. 1: If you're a new user this email address already exists. 2: If you're an existing user (a) you've entered your FPL password incorrectly or (b) your FPL password doesn't match an existing password. In the latter case please use the reset password link and set to your FPL password.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”