To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Martina 4.3 (/Holgate)??

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
kingofpop
Treebeard

Martina 4.3 (/Holgate)??

Post by kingofpop »

Cuco Martina playing 90 minutes in last 2 matches ??? he even wing back and his prise 4.3.....Everton wiyh easy fixtures coming up, but dont know if Martina is sure starter for the future.....who is his start-place threat ???? Holgate ????? i think he played right wing-back :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you think Cuco can earn permanent place and even has not bad attacking chances for scoring points....his price is really good :oops:
Last edited by Stemania on 25 Sep 2017, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Slight title change to cover similar topic

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Martina 4.3 ??

Post by Finisher1 »

Spot on, this is an excellent notice and I'm surprised no one has answered anything. Martina seems like the best bargain of the game with his current fixtures, if only he is nailed?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Umm... it has been noticed. :wink:

Last time TU was asked he thought that Holgate and Martina would be likely to share gametime.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I was hoping a fixed RB would emerge (since then they would be amazing value), but the last few games look like they've have suggested there'll be rotation between Holgate and Martina rather than that being the case. Would love one of them to nail down the role though, their fixtures are great and their defence looks good on paper.

Ardrageen
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Retired from FPL. Used to be ok at it. 120th FPL. 1st FFS HOF.

Post by Ardrageen »

Why not buy both for the small sum of 8.7m (if you're wild carding soon) and you would always have a Everton starting defender. I think this was mentioned by others a few weeks back on one of the threads.
Many players have a 4.0m non starting defender so this would be a slightly more expensive alternative to this.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ardrageen wrote:Why not buy both for the small sum of 8.7m (if you're wild carding soon) and you would always have a Everton starting defender. I think this was mentioned by others a few weeks back on one of the threads.
Many players have a 4.0m non starting defender so this would be a slightly more expensive alternative to this.

And for non-wildcarders it requires two defensive transfers for only one playing defender.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Keeping an eye on. Everton have a solid run after the next international break so having both could be a tactic although I don't like it too much personally as it will leave you with a very tricky problem to solve structure wise to shuffle one unless Martina goes up and you could sell for 4.5. At that point you wouldn't really want to sell him anyway!

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Keep an eye also on John Joe Kenny, he started in the league cup on Weds at right full back despite Holgate also playing, he was an integral part of the England youth team that won the World Cup in the summer and many Evertonians would feel strongly he should be given a chance at right full.

Personally i would be surprised if he is at the moment, given that the Everton team are in a relatively tough patch and low on game to game confidence.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he's first choice.
I assume he missed a chunk of pre-season (he had signed in time to feature in 3 pre season games though) so wasn't thrown straight in.

Stoke h - came on at HT
City a - unused sub
Chelsea a - unused sub
Spurs h - started
Atlanta a - sub (a largely weakened side)
United a - started
Caribou - didn't feature (reserve side fielded)

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

I'll buy that for a dollar :)

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

What are we thinking now? Another start for Martina at the weekend although he was subbed for Kenny around the 75th min mark.

Tempted to upgrade my 4.0m non playing defender to Martina this week due to injured subs and tough fixtures for my first 11

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Re: Martina 4.3 (/Holgate)??

Post by Kuchi »

If you are that desperate for someone to play I would go for someone more certain to play.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I'd like to take one of Martina or Holgate this week. Any thoughts on which is the more secure right now? (TU?)

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

MPTree wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 12:20 I'd like to take one of Martina or Holgate this week. Any thoughts on which is the more secure right now? (TU?)
They will share time, if i had to predict it i would say Holgate with the lions share. Jags and Keane are both currently injured so i think both could get time this week with Holgate at centre back. That said John Joe Kenny came on for Martina the last day and is pushing for that fullback spot, I think Kenny is the better player but doesn't have the experience and Cuco is a bit of favorite of Koemans.

Coleman is back doing conditioning and strength work the earliest he will be back is late Nov at best, more likely Dec. Bolaise is aiming for mid Nov/early Dec.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Thanks so much TU. Incredibly useful, as ever.

Think I'll either pass on both, or take Holgate and reassess at WC time.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

TU: FISO's go-to-Evertonian since 2012. :mrgreen:

Interesting to hear an update on Coleman too - in my head it was the new year.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I always enjoy the free lunches that Newcastle and Everton departments are serving for me here!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”