To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW6 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which player will lead your line in GW6?

Kane (whu)
35%
Sánchez (WBA)
1%
Lukaku (sou)
5%
Agüero (PAL)
40%
Jesus (PAL)
9%
Hazard (stk)
No votes
Lacazette (WBA)
1%
Morata (stk)
2%
De Bruyne (PAL)
2%
Eriksen (whu)
2%
Alli (whu)
No votes
Özil (WBA)
1%
Salah (lei)
No votes
Coutinho (lei)
No votes
Firmino (lei)
1%
Vardy (LIV)
1%
Mahrez (LIV)
No votes
Mkhitaryan (sou)
No votes
D. Silva (PAL)
2%
Sigurdsson (BOU)
No votes
Rooney (BOU)
1%

Total votes: 191

Bixer
FISOhead

Re: GW6 Captain

Post by Bixer »

Am I mad to be considering Morata?

Stoke apparently only have 1 fit senior CB available for the weekend.

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

Kane (c)
Lukaku (vc)

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

Bixer wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 12:03 Am I mad to be considering Morata?

Stoke apparently only have 1 fit senior CB available for the weekend.
Hey buddy, also captaining him.

Stoke lost to Bristol City midweek and they have an even more weakened defence vs Chelsea looking to put some pressure on United and City at the top.

Hazard should be back for this game.

I have Kane but WH is Spurs' bogey team. Could see a low scoring affair there; also trying to justify 12.5m here!

Jesus also an option but will make a 60 minute appearance and play on the wing so not ideal.

Alonso could also be an option. Thing is, people are looking toward Stoke vs United as a reference for Stoke's potential performance vs a top 4 team.

Am I delusional in thinking apart from Aguero/Lukaku, these 3 will score similarly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comm ... ameweek_6/

West Ham v Tottenham:
West Ham have defeated Tottenham 14 times in the Premier League; their highest tally of wins against a single opponent in the competition.

Tottenham have lost three of last four Premier League trips to West Ham (W1 D0 L3) and have failed to score in each of these three defeats. Indeed, Tottenham have lost their last two London derbies in the Premier League (0-1 v West Ham in May & 1-2 v Chelsea in August) - they haven't lost three in a row in the league since August 2005.

Tottenham are looking to win their opening three away games in a league season for the first time since 1991-92.

Harry Kane has scored five goals in his last five Premier League appearances against West Ham United. Overall, Kane has scored 19 goals in 28 Premier League London derbies for Tottenham

Manchester City v Crystal Palace:

Of players to have scored 10+ goals in Premier League history, Manchester City's current strike partnership have the two best minutes per goal ratios - Gabriel Jesus has scored a goal every 89 minutes on average, while Sergio Aguero's mins per goal ratio is 108 mins.

Stoke v Chelsea:

Mark Hughes will be facing Chelsea for the 24th time in the Premier League as a manager; he has lost more times (15) and conceded more goals (43) against the Blues than any other club.

Chelsea have won seven of their last eight Premier League away matches (W7 D0 L1), scoring at least two goals in six of these wins.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Don't have Aguero so Jesus. Man City should score a hat-full against Palace

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

No Agureo and no Jesus for me. Have Kane, Alli and de Bruyne as decent options. I need to have a think about it.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Demo wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 12:41 Don't have Aguero so Jesus. Man City should score a hat-full against Palace
You worried about Jesus playing 90 midweek? I brought Jesus in because I didn't have the funds for Aguero and I think their potential points are about the same anyway. People are overreacting to Aguero's hat trick. But the 90 mins in midweek make me very nervous about Jesus making a cameo against Palace.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

No Aguero and got rid of Jesus yonks ago.

Kane (C)
Morata (V)

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Am I mad to be considering Vardy?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Hotstepper wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 17:16 Am I mad to be considering Vardy?
No, he is a good pick. But that would also depend on the rest of your squad.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

My captain choices have been horrific so far, total of 5 points gained from 5 game weeks

GW1 = Alonso v Burnley (h) = 0 extra points

GW2 = De Bruyne v Everton (h) = 2

GW3 = Lukaku v Leicester (h) = 0

GW4 = Sanchez v Bournemouth (h) =1

GW5 = Kane v Swansea (h) = 2

Today I am going for Aguero at home to palace so I recommend that nobody else does
:roll:

Weedie
Wideboy
FS Record: Top 2k

Post by Weedie »

Aguero if you have him, Kane if you don't.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I wouldn't worry too much about the captaincy yet. Most people have had a hard time so far. Apart from 13pts in GW1, I've had failures.

Going Kane this week. Expecting him and Aguero to score. Of course how many they each score will determine the level of contentment! What I guess I'm hoping is that with C.L. midweek then Chelsea at the weekend is that Pep takes off Aguero (possibly for Jesus) when City are 2 goals up.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Aguero (Salah)

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

Choices I have are Kane, Jesus and Vardy and Im not all that enthused over any of them. Some clear thinking advice please??

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotstepper wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 10:09 Choices I have are Kane, Jesus and Vardy and Im not all that enthused over any of them. Some clear thinking advice please??
Seriously pondering Kolathing, myself. But will probably put my faith in Jesus.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 10:32
Hotstepper wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 10:09 Choices I have are Kane, Jesus and Vardy and Im not all that enthused over any of them. Some clear thinking advice please??
I brought in Jesus this week with intention of captaining him, but his 90 mins in the Carry-on Cup has thrown that a wobbly. If I thought he was sure to start I would keep the faith. Do you think he will?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotstepper wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 10:42
blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 10:32
I brought in Jesus this week with intention of captaining him, but his 90 mins in the Carry-on Cup has thrown that a wobbly. If I thought he was sure to start I would keep the faith. Do you think he will?
That's why I am thinking Kolathing, but I do think Jesus will get more starts than Kun, but about the same minutes.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Still think Lukaku is a safe choice and will return a goal at least

neilem
Wideboy

Post by neilem »

Kane (c)
Silva (v)

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

Is TC Aguero unnecessarily risky at this stage of the season.

My captain choices have been awful so far, always missing hauls with Aguero (starting on the bench), Kane (Swans), Mane (sent off) and Lukaku (penalty miss).

I feel behind in my league now even though I actually think my team is pretty good hence the urge to use my TC and try to catch up. I must admit this is why I hate capt choice and still see TFF as the true FF game, it adds too much luck element to the game, don't get me wrong it's fun but highly frustrating.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

SneakyOne wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 11:13

Yep. It's been only 5 weeks and there is plenty of time to catch up

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SneakyOne wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 11:13 Is TC Aguero unnecessarily risky at this stage of the season.

My captain choices have been awful so far, always missing hauls with Aguero (starting on the bench), Kane (Swans), Mane (sent off) and Lukaku (penalty miss).

I feel behind in my league now even though I actually think my team is pretty good hence the urge to use my TC and try to catch up. I must admit this is why I hate capt choice and still see TFF as the true FF game, it adds too much luck element to the game, don't get me wrong it's fun but highly frustrating.
Yep do it: then he gets another rest as Jesus bags a hat-trick 8-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bottled Kola and gone for Jesus.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 11:24 Bottled Kola and gone for Jesus.
Bottled Jesus and gone for Kane. :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 11:31
blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 11:24 Bottled Kola and gone for Jesus.
Bottled Jesus and gone for Kane. :?
Not sure that you can bottle Jesus, but there must be something biblical....

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

lol Well my little boy woke up needing his milk, so was not able to change the TC, I'm locked in and terrified!

Please let this be the Aguero who put 5 against Newcastle a few seasons back!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Can you not do that 1 handed?

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SneakyOne »

Had to go and make it first! Also a part of me was dreaming of big scores so didn't rush to change. It's now time to relax and enjoy the footy. Living in the Netherlands I get to watch the 3pm kick offs, which is Stoke - Chelsea today, should be interesting as a Hazard owner.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

SneakyOne wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 11:45 Stoke - Chelsea today, should be interesting as a Hazard owner.
sorry, he's on bench

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Captained Jesus, transfered Hazard in and changed Lukaku for Aguero... So far this GW sucks...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”