To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Firmino

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Re: Firmino

Post by Klaren »

He seemed poor last GW because he was playing wide, but Mane is only out for 1 more GW, so I don't think that's an important concern.

In my opinion the biggest risk for him though is Sturridge staying healthy for a couple of GWs, which might mean rotation for both players.

Otherwise he is a very good asset, having the penalties and being the only decent option in the mid-price striker range along with Vardy.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Don't get too hung up team graphics.

Yes, he was on the left of the three, but he wasn't playing as an orthodox wide player (anymore than Coutinho was on the left of a front three last night).

Just like when he is played as the CF he doesn't play like a CF.

He should be picked on his form or the opposition (rather than a perceived position in the team).

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Klaren wrote:Otherwise he is a very good asset, having the penalties and being the only decent option in the mid-price striker range along with Vardy.

I’m not sure that he is still on penalties after missing his last one against Sevilla.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

I'd be very surprised if Klopp changed penalty takers after the Sevilla miss. It was still a really good penalty, just hit the post. Milner may still be first choice anyway, he just doesn't start very often.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Firmino

Post by Joccki_10 »

skip wrote:I'd be very surprised if Klopp changed penalty takers after the Sevilla miss. It was still a really good penalty, just hit the post. Milner may still be first choice anyway, he just doesn't start very often.

I’m sorry but I don’t agree. I don’t think it’s ever a ‘really good penalty’ when it hits the post.

Don’t want to go off-topic though. Let’s just say I don’t know if Firmino is on pens. ;)

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

I'm keeping him for another GW. I would like to bring in Aguero or Jesus with obviously the later being easier to accommodate, but still means making my midfield what I consider to be extremely weak. Another strong GW for either and I might have to consider ripping the team up to get them in.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Joccki_10 wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 23:36
skip wrote:I'd be very surprised if Klopp changed penalty takers after the Sevilla miss. It was still a really good penalty, just hit the post. Milner may still be first choice anyway, he just doesn't start very often.

I’m sorry but I don’t agree. I don’t think it’s ever a ‘really good penalty’ when it hits the post.

Don’t want to go off-topic though. Let’s just say I don’t know if Firmino is on pens. ;)
Agreed: hitting post isn't any different to over the Stand Roof - unless someone converts the rebound.

He still hasn't dropped: but I was only really on him from WC for the 0.1m, as I don't want two Pool attackers, and Salah looks a better FF pick...

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

He’s getting another gameweek for me too. 2ft’s next GW so he’ll likely come out for Lukaku or Jesus.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I think that's exactly the right thing to do. I don't think I've ever regretted rolling over a transfer from memory.

Firmino is a pretty solid player to own if you keep him long enough. I'll be very interested in him at that price if Liverpool get knocked out of Europe.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

blahblah wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 09:23
Joccki_10 wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 23:36

Agreed: hitting post isn't any different to over the Stand Roof - unless someone converts the rebound.
Dude, come on :D

Clearly there's a difference between a blindfold pen against a millimetre wrong hit on the ball? Especially when discussing if the player still have them? The miss itself don't say much, if not considering his other pens recently. They have been outstanding. Other than hitting the ball slightly off he did "everything" right.

That said, there's still not clear who of Firminho/Milner is 1.choice, but it's clear that Milner's chances of minutes is limited over Firminho. Who else could take them if not Firminho (and Milner not on the pitch)?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Nah, a miss is a miss...

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Miss Marple?
Miss California?

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Pulled the trigger to make sure I banked the 0.1 before the drop that has been happening every day but not.

3 away v the following and United at home in between. I can't see liverpool getting that many in these games. Might bring him back after these.
Leicester
Newcastle
Spurs

neilem
Wideboy

Post by neilem »

I transferred Firmino out as well, brought in Kane for a 4pt hit. Last minute match day transfers I usually regret though!

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Even though Firmino+4.5 midfielder is better value-wise than Silva+4.5 forward, I still favour the latter from the form Silva and City are in. So I might push for a 3-5-2 with Lukaku and Kane up front.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Firmino appears to have reverted to -74.9% on FPLStats, with delta of 11900.

This means I might be able to keep him for another week - especially if he can nick one tonight!

Funny thing - every season I seem to end up with some players who, despite being on the chopping block every week, never actually leave the squad :lol:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Yep, him and J Rod are like month old bird droppings on the car.

The problem is that there are so many great options in mid that this really squeezes your budget, and Firmino is at just the right price point.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Tacalabala wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 17:58 Yep, him and J Rod are like month old bird droppings on the car.

The problem is that there are so many great options in mid that this really squeezes your budget, and Firmino is at just the right price point.
It depends on what formation you want to play because you could go for a cheaper striker and play two up top and have an extra premium midfield. Take my team as an example:

- Elliot, Foster
- Davies, Jones, Kiko, Lascelles, Gamez
- Eriksen, Salah, MKH, Felaini, Carroll
- Aguero, Jesus, Firmino

I currently have 1.3 in the bank, so if I take out Firmino (8.6) for Abraham (5.5) that would leave me with 4.4 in the bank. If I take out Fellaini (4.9) I have a budget of 9.3 for another premium midfielder. So that means I could afford to bring in Coutinho (8.8 with .5 in the bank) or Silva (8.3 with 1.0 in the bank). At that point I could stick with a 3-4-3 and play Abraham up front for their appealing games coming up, or I could put Abraham on the bench and use a back four or even turn to a midfield five. The issue with a midfield five is Carroll isn't really an appealing starter so I could decide to take out Carroll and retain Fellaini or find another less than 5.5 midfielder.

So if you have two high priced strikers and have Firmino as your third, you can always downgrade Firmino to a cheaper striker and add another premium midfielder to make use of those great options.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

My word Firmino is a bit of a fraud and it doesn't help that Klopp is yanking him off before the full 90 mins last few games

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Gone.

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

Post by Son of a Gunn(ers) »

I wont be taking Firmino out at all. Had him all season and plan to keep him. Once mane comes back and with coutinho now integrating back into the team I think you will see the best out of him. I have no data to back this up, just going on a hunch and gut feeling.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Son of a Gunn(ers) wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 08:40 I wont be taking Firmino out at all. Had him all season and plan to keep him. Once mane comes back and with coutinho now integrating back into the team I think you will see the best out of him. I have no data to back this up, just going on a hunch and gut feeling.
Problem is Sturridge and Coutinho are also back in the team so I don't think Firmino is that secure anymore.

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

um09a2k wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 09:25
Son of a Gunn(ers) wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 08:40 I wont be taking Firmino out at all. Had him all season and plan to keep him. Once mane comes back and with coutinho now integrating back into the team I think you will see the best out of him. I have no data to back this up, just going on a hunch and gut feeling.
Problem is Sturridge and Coutinho are also back in the team so I don't think Firmino is that secure anymore.
I actually think Firmino is the most assured starter along with Mane. Coutinho wont be playing in the front 3 when all are available as he will likely play in midfield and i think if Sturridge starts it will be in place of Salah with Firmino moving wide.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Who are people bringing in for Firmino then? I already have Morata and Kane so I’m after a price for price replacement. The obvious one seems to be Vardy; Leicester’s fixtures look fantastic on paper.

Would’ve loved to have stretched back to Lukaku but funds aren’t allowing me at all.

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

My front 3 is Vardy Firmino Morata, no way i downgrade as the strikers in the bracket below are not consistent enough and i dont want to weaken my midfield or defence to bring in one of the bigger strikers. So firmino stays kinda by default but also because i believe in him scoring well enough.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

swadd1er wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 13:24 Who are people bringing in for Firmino then? I already have Morata and Kane so I’m after a price for price replacement. The obvious one seems to be Vardy; Leicester’s fixtures look fantastic on paper.

Would’ve loved to have stretched back to Lukaku but funds aren’t allowing me at all.
Vardy seems the most logical to me at the moment especially if he still is on PKs

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Son of a Gunn(ers) wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 10:22
um09a2k wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 09:25
I actually think Firmino is the most assured starter along with Mane. Coutinho wont be playing in the front 3 when all are available as he will likely play in midfield and i think if Sturridge starts it will be in place of Salah with Firmino moving wide.
I think the issue with Liverpool is that when everyone is fit it could be difficult to predict exactly how they are going to line up with any certainty.

Their attacking options: Firmino, Coutinho, Salah, Sturridge, Mane, and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Their midfield options [excluding the above players]: Henderson, Can, Milner, Wijnaldum, and Lallana.

As you can see they could easily decide to rotate between Sturridge and Firmino in the centre, with the other four attackers rotating the flanks, and we could even see Firmino move out to the flank if Sturridge is brought in. So the picture in the attack could be quite muddy when everyone is fit and available. Earlier in the season we saw Salah go to the bench to be rested for the champions league qualifier. It is quite likely we could see similar rotation methods used and I don't think any of the Liverpool attacking options are going to be exempt from possible rotation. I guess the safest could be Coutinho since they'll likely want to keep him happy and hope he stays beyond this season, but even as an owner of Salah and Firmino, and a big fan of Liverpool's brand of attacking football, even I would admit I would be concerned at times to see how they are going to line up wiuth all those options because we've seen Salah and others rotated already, and I suspect that will continue.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Dropped back down to 8.6

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

Think I'll keep hold this week and see how Mane impacts their play and Firminos output. Gives an extra week to assess the cheaper options with then 2FTs to swap for a Hemed or a DCL and put the money into Midfield

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

I'm in the minority but he's a player I'm happy to keep.

Liverpool are a side that create plenty of chances and I don't hate his fixtures. Also a team like Liverpool create against all teams, sometimes more against the "stronger" ones.

NEW (a) - Hard not to see goals here, he should get chances - home side expected to make the running which suites Klopp just fine.
MUN (H) - At Anfield against a big rival, the type of game Klopp will love. Again, hard not to see Liverpool not creating even against a potential park the bus Jose side.
TOT (a) - The worst fixture imo - however, Spurs are Jeykll and Hyde, great away not so great at home. Worth keep due to the next 2 games.
HUD (H) - I would be disappointed not to get at least 1 goal here.
WHU (a) - Home fans will expect WH to attack, plays into Liverpool's hands.

I don't expect Liverpool to necessarily win these games - I just feel they will create chances. The risk is with Salah and Mane goals are likely to be shared around. However, Firmino appears to be a Klopp favourite, very low rotation risk playing as the number 9 and possibly has penalties too.

He's approaching his original purchase price but for £8.50m I still feel he's VFM and a hold for me.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”