To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Abraham 5.5m Swansea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Abraham 5.5m Swansea

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Digging around for info on his siutation. No one seems to know much.

Is he going to keep his spot with Bony back fulltime? Will he play along with him? Looks like Ayew could make way instead.

Swans look to be parking the bus this season with their set up and 2 CDMs. They wont be all that creative. But with their easier fixtures coming up I think they will attack some more.

Is Abraham nailed or is Joselu better?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Abraham 5.5m Swansea

Post by Joccki_10 »

If Joselu keeps his place, I'd definitely say Joselu.

I'm not a Newcastle fan though, so you better ask Stem, TTM or swadd1er.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

It's a good question to ask. I've been eyeing up Abraham over the last couple of weeks with a view to a possible transfer in now their fixtures are turning for the better. This is my view:

- He seems a good player but Swansea have been creating little for him to work with
- So far he's remained first choice with Bony starting from the bench. In the game before last they found space for all three of Abraham, Ayew and Bony on the pitch at the same time
- Swansea can surely only get better from here. (They have attacking potential, we just haven't seen much of it yet).
- He still is potential good VFM, but he remains £1m more expensive than a base price midfielder which makes him a poor choice to use as a bench player.

That all said, I'm not transferring him in at this stage. If I was wildcarding right now I would probably give him a shot, As things stand, however, I have no pressing need for the funds he would release so he'll remain a wait and see.

Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Klaren »

I personally don't think that Swansea has much attacking potential. Sigurdsson and Llorente were carrying the team offensively last year in the second half of the season (which was the period they did well), and with both of them gone and what they have shown so far, I can't see them scoring many goals.

I think that Abraham is a decent player for that fee and if they were playing for equally strong teams, I'd probably prefer him over Joselu, but as things are right now, I'd pick Joselu over him if I was going for a striker in that price range.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Klaren wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 22:27 I personally don't think that Swansea has much attacking potential. Sigurdsson and Llorente were carrying the team offensively last year in the second half of the season (which was the period they did well), and with both of them gone and what they have shown so far, I can't see them scoring many goals.

I think that Abraham is a decent player for that fee and if they were playing for equally strong teams, I'd probably prefer him over Joselu, but as things are right now, I'd pick Joselu over him if I was going for a striker in that price range.
Newcastles fixtures are putting me off.

Swansea got a great run coming up.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I think Swansea will struggle to score at times this season. Abraham has shown flashes of potential but is also still finding his feet in the premier league. They will hope Bony can re-find his form, but with the service their strikers have got so far this season he might struggle. And Ayew is a link up player and doesn't offer much upside really.

For me, I would probably lean towards Joselu or Perez, both have been regulars for Newcastle, so maybe they can grab a goal or two, but like Swansea I don't think Newcastle are going to be particularly prolific or consistent goal scoring wise. I think they are both going to be set up to keep things tight and hope to knick a goal here and there.

uncle onion
FISOhead
FS Record: nothing of note

Post by uncle onion »

think Bony will be starting soon, the song is getting louder.

clement needs to find the Plan A system (plan B batten down the hatches only works in a few circs), but it won't involve much going wide with all our midfielders, so balls through to Abraham or Bony holding up all more likely than Ayews wing play.

2 of those 3 will start against Watford, I think Abraham is the most likely starter as things stand

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

So you think Abraham and Bony is a likely combo?

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

that I think is the likely home combo and probably what the fans hope to see, as it is the route out of negativity.

clement is showing a far more cautious hand this year than when we had nothing to lose last year but after Newcastle, I think he has to show more intent against watford, and that would be the combo to do it.

lets see if he plays it for a bit tmrw night against reading.

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

I have him and am keeping him, but I think the jury is out on him and warrants a review after the next few fixtures.

I am concerned that Swansea won't score or create much but if he is first choice I think 5.5 is fantastic value for a striker who looks the real deal in terms of talent. I think Abraham at Swansea is like Sturridge at Bolton or Lukaku at West Brom.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Joselu 140 shots in 5 weeks and only one didn't hit row Z, that one went for a throw in

Sent from mobile

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Billy Bongo wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 05:47 Joselu 140 shots in 5 weeks and only one didn't hit row Z, that one went for a throw in

Sent from mobile
A tad harsh: he got the GK in the wotsits once :wink:

I have just brought in Carroll (WHam, if anyone remembers him) as Abraham and Jos could well be alternatives at that price point, admittedly more likely Abraham.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote:Joselu 140 shots in 5 weeks and only one didn't hit row Z, that one went for a throw in

Sent from mobile
Very witty but I have to tell you are absolutely wrong. Well to be very honest, you couldn't be more wrong. He has made 17 goal attempts of which 10 on target. That's a better shot accuracy than Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Firmino or Morata! In fact, that's a better shot accuracy than any forward with at least 9 goal attempts!

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

Abraham will not be not starting again after today.

who he plays with is a toss of a coin but until clement sorts the midfield out to provide some forward intent he will playing off scraps.

he will provide a trickle of points though I'd be confident of that.

wouldn't go near any other midfield or forward options though, and only defensive ones if you think lady luck will continue to shine on my team sitting back and absorbing pressure for 90 mins.

i think you can safely say I am not happy after what I saw this afternoon.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

uncle onion wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 20:36 Abraham will not be not starting again after today.

who he plays with is a toss of a coin but until clement sorts the midfield out to provide some forward intent he will playing off scraps.

he will provide a trickle of points though I'd be confident of that.

wouldn't go near any other midfield or forward options though, and only defensive ones if you think lady luck will continue to shine on my team sitting back and absorbing pressure for 90 mins.

i think you can safely say I am not happy after what I saw this afternoon.
I view it differently to this.

He was dropped and Swansea were woeful in the first half. He then comes on and bags a goal.

For me this means that he starts next week and probably Ayew drops out. I don't think he is nailed on in the future, that will all depend on how he performs, but for the next week or two I think he is good.

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

well pretty much the same as me then.

obviously if he goes on has a few stinkers we can revise that statement, but after yesterday, he is secure.

as well as it being obvious the boy is a cut above most of our other attacking options the crowd at the liberty yesterday were getting a bit on clements back and he needs to keep abraham in (and possibly work out how to accommodate mesa) to keep the fans on board.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

uncle onion wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 17:24 well pretty much the same as me then.

obviously if he goes on has a few stinkers we can revise that statement, but after yesterday, he is secure.

as well as it being obvious the boy is a cut above most of our other attacking options the crowd at the liberty yesterday were getting a bit on clements back and he needs to keep abraham in (and possibly work out how to accommodate mesa) to keep the fans on board.
Ah, I thought you said that Abraham will not be starting again, but you actually said that he will not be not starting again.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”