To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Possible rotation risks for this weekend after CL

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
kingofpop
Treebeard

Possible rotation risks for this weekend after CL

Post by kingofpop »

Well, in my opinion there is not a bad chance one/some of this guys to be rotated this weekend....

Firmino----> he has played all matches so far, 90 minutes today....Sturridge waiting for chances. Coutinho is back....probably Clop comes with Salah, Cou and Sturridge or no ????? i think Firmino need to rest and this is not a bad opportunity with Burnley at home

Eriksen----> the same, played all matches so far 90 minutes, 90 minutes today and looked not in very good shape, i think he also need some rest

Miki-------->the same as up 2, no rest even for a minute from the start of the season, but here with Pogba injured there is a little chance maybe Mou to rotate Miki with Everton ???

De Bruyne/Jesus-------------->both of them with 90 minutes today, City with too big attackin players roster, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo Silva waiting for chances....City visit to Watford and the line-up there is absolutely non-clear.....maybe only Kun is sure-start....he played only 60 min today

what do u think, will be some rotations this weekend ?????

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Possible rotation risks for this weekend after CL

Post by Billy Bongo »

I thought Eriksen was fantastic what game did you watch!!??

Who knows anyway, gotta rely on your bench it's a squad game

Sent from mobile

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ps Burnley ahead of Liverpool in league Klopp cant afford to take risks like that

Sent from mobile

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

kingofpop wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 23:44
Miki-------->the same as up 2, no rest even for a minute from the start of the season, but here with Pogba injured there is a little chance maybe Mou to rotate Miki with Everton ???
Mkhi has been taken off for the last 5-10 minutes of all 4 prem games. With pogba out I'd be surprised if mkhi is rotated. Everton aren't a pushover and united just dropped points to stoke.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

It really is impossible to predict. All of the managers have made it clear there will be rotation and have already demonstrated this in the first few weeks. I thought Eriksen would be as likely to start as any midfielder, but even he will be rested at some stage. Mickey was on for the full 90 in the Champions League and there is a ready made replacement with Mata there. So, in summary - it is anyones guess!

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

I thought Eriksen was Spurs' best player behind Harry. Unbelievable game.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Of that lot I am most concerned about Firmino.

Don't currently have him, but he's my preferred replacement for Chicarito this week. Playing 90 mins last night was the last thing I wanted to see (and the 2nd last was him missing a penalty). Will see what team news we get on Friday, but I now consider him high risk for rotation. This arguably makes Vardy the better choice to replace Chicarito?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Last season Firmino played pretty much all games (including Carling Cup when would have been easy to give him a break).

Given Mane is out and how off the pace Coutinho looked in his cameo last night, then my guess is that Frimino starts on Saturday.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

'Needing a rest' talk after what 5-6 games of the season?

Some of those mentioned will be playing 45-50 games this season! Relax.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Ye well Salah got 'rested' after much less than 6 games!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

8 games in 37 days for Pogba
7 in 37 days for the top players (inc. internationals) plus travel

There's definitely some substance to arguments about players needing time to recover. If it's not directly required now, it will be sooner rather than later.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Yes its probably going to be carnage

Eriksen, Jesus, Firmino or Salah (not both), very likely not to start in my opinion.

I don't think you will see much Man Utd rotation.

I could envisage Ben Davies sitting one out, but Rose isnt available, so I dont know if they can hash someone else in that position (Son , Dier, Sissoko?). Poch likes to freshen up the FB/WB

K Walker too to maybe sit out for Danilo

Chelsea not mentioned can see Willian sitting out again, Alonso has played a lot, but not sure if he needs rest, they didnt have a tough night

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 07:45 Ye well Salah got 'rested' after much less than 6 games!
Salah was rested with a view to being fresh for the next game though... That's a slightly different scenario than this week.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Archy wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 07:25 Of that lot I am most concerned about Firmino.

Don't currently have him, but he's my preferred replacement for Chicarito this week. Playing 90 mins last night was the last thing I wanted to see (and the 2nd last was him missing a penalty). Will see what team news we get on Friday, but I now consider him high risk for rotation. This arguably makes Vardy the better choice to replace Chicarito?
I think if Mane was available then I would agree but Pool really need points. Being a little biased myself as I have Firmino! I would probably get Firmino this week then look at it.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

When you go for premium players from the European teams, there is always going to be a rotation risk on the weekend after the CL and EL, or even in the build up to the CL and EL. For example, Salah was rested on GW2 because he had played in the champions league qualifier against Hoffenheim earlier in the week, but he was also rested ahead of the second leg of that qualifier which was coming up a few days later. So there is always going to be a risk at some of these clubs that they decide to rotate their players and when they have an abundance of options, it makes selecting them risky. However, these players also hold tremendous upside which some of the cheaper players don't have, or generally produce more consistently, and as such some FPL managers will prefer to gamble on rotation risks because of that greater upside and consistent production.

Last year we was very lucky because Chelsea and Liverpool had no European football, so it was pretty likely that their key players were going to play week in-week out. We also had players at other non-European competition playing teams like Siggy (181 points) and King (178 points) to select. So if you wanted week in-week out production, with upside, and less risk of rotation - there was a pretty good list of players you could select from. Then you could negate some of the risk of rotation from players from the teams playing in Europe. However, do we have the same options this season from the teams not playing in Europe?

There are decent options for goalkeepers and defenders playing for teams not in Europe. In theory you don't need to have any of last year's top seven at the back because out of the top ten scoring defenders right now only three (Davies, Bailly, Alonso) play for any of last year's top seven. That will probably change as the season goes on, but if you feel the need to save money on your defence - which a lot of FPL players do - then you can do that and play match ups with your defenders. Also, some of them options are arguably every week starters whereas some of the top seven defences do undergo rotation at some point.

The real difference comes in midfield. I would say it would be difficult to build a midfield without at least two, maybe even three, of last year's top seven included in your midfield. My reason for that is there are no real stand out options in the 6-8 million range from teams not playing in Europe. The player with arguably the most upside is Mahrez but at 8.5 he puts himself the same bracket as some of those top seven midfielders. So with that in mind I think it is worth taking a risk on two or three premium midfielders and accepting there might be weeks when they get rotated because currently there's no real value currently in the 6-8 million range. Pair two or three of those premium mids with bargain options like Doucoure (5.2), Groß (5.4), Mooy (5.7), and Choupo-Moting (5.6). Granted these players have been hit and miss to date, but at that price point it is hard to grumble, and also the money saved helps elsewhere.

At the minute I would say the strikers are fairly similar to the midfielders in that the most consistent point scorers are from the top seven. The main alternative is Vardy and he's had two good weeks and blanked twice, but a 1 in 2 rate would see him finish with a 20 goal season. Outside of Vardy I would say it is going to be difficult to get consistency from your strikers. So in that sense it is arguably worth taking the risk on the big names and accepting there might be the odd game that they end up on the bench and get rested. At that point you just have to make sure that your bench has options to come on to help out. With that said, I still expect to see Kane and Lukaku start every premier league game unless they are injured or suspended. Chelsea rested Morata in the champions league, so if that trend continues it might actually help his case to be an every week player in the premier league. But it is a possibility that Aguero, Jesus, Lacazette, and Firmino all get rotated and rested at some point. However, they are all high upside players and if they play and score goals regularly the odd blank might not matter significantly.

With that said, one thing to note here is that last season Alli started 35 games and was a sub twice, Eriksen started 36 games, and De Bruyne started 33 games and was a sub three times. When Chelsea played the champions league in 14/15, Hazard actually started 38 games, though that fell to 25 starts and six sub appearances the following year. Harry Kane managed 29 starts and 1 sub appearance and played champions league last season. So there are a number of the premium players who I would feel fairly comfortable with starting the majority of the games, but there are some that I would place a question mark next to are the likes Salah and Firmino. But at the end of the day the reason we do go for these premium options is because they offer a lot of upside and we bank on them being more boom than bust. So I wouldn't worry too much about the rotation risks because you are betting on that upside.

Robbo 10
Cheetah

Post by Robbo 10 »

Surely most teams will play their strongest teams with the league cup next midweek? That will be the time for resting the big players. Why rest an Eriksen or Firmino when they could do it in the cup. Liverpool and Spurs both play Tuesday so expecting this will be the time they are rested.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Robbo 10 wrote:Surely most teams will play their strongest teams with the league cup next midweek? That will be the time for resting the big players. Why rest an Eriksen or Firmino when they could do it in the cup. Liverpool and Spurs both play Tuesday so expecting this will be the time they are rested.
It doesn't make them more fresh for Saturday though. If they need a rest on Saturday, then they need a rest on Saturday. Just a fact that they can rest in midweek match doesn't really give them an energy boost for Saturday.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

The Toon Man wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 07:39 'Needing a rest' talk after what 5-6 games of the season?

This... I thought we'd usually wait for Christmas before we had rotation jitters.

Did Eriksen or Firmino get rested at all last year for league games? In September?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:35
The Toon Man wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 07:39 'Needing a rest' talk after what 5-6 games of the season?

This... I thought we'd usually wait for Christmas before we had rotation jitters.

Did Eriksen or Firmino get rested at all last year for league games? In September?
Eriksen started 36 of 38 premier league games last season.

He was an unused sub against Sunderland on September 18th, four days previous they played Monaco in the champions league, and three days later he played in the cup against Gillingham.

He was an unused sub against Leicester on May 18th, four days previous they played Man Utd in the league, and three days later he played against Hull in the league.

---

Firmino started 34 games and made 1 sub appearance last season.

Games missed:
- 16/9 against Chelsea with a groin strain
- 3/12 against Burnley not in squad
- 14/5 against West Ham with muscular problems

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Mike1989 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:52
Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:35

Eriksen started 36 of 38 premier league games last season.

He was an unused sub against Sunderland on September 18th, four days previous they played Monaco in the champions league, and three days later he played in the cup against Gillingham.

He was an unused sub against Leicester on May 18th, four days previous they played Man Utd in the league, and three days later he played against Hull in the league.

---

Firmino started 34 games and made 1 sub appearance last season.

Games missed:
- 16/9 against Chelsea with a groin strain
- 3/12 against Burnley not in squad
- 14/5 against West Ham with muscular problems
:D Well you can do anything with facts

Guess I'd better ship Christian out then in case he's rested for Barnsley on Tuesday.

Point being - why worry about this, what are you really going to do... Not pick or keep good players?!?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:09 :D Well you can do anything with facts

Guess I'd better ship Christian out then in case he's rested for Barnsley on Tuesday.

Point being - why worry about this, what are you really going to do... Not pick or keep good players?!?
My team currently features Eriksen, Alli and MKH in the midfield spots. Kane, Jesus, and Firmino up top. Unless of course I decide to make further changes while my wildcard is active... :?

Like I said above, last year we were lucky because Chelsea and Liverpool had no European football and offered a safe route into high upside players. Likewise we had Siggy and King for a large part of the season contributing. But this year we don't have that same calibre of options outside the top teams, so you almost have to take the gamble on which premium players you select from the top clubs and accept the chance they could get rotated. I personally think the Spurs trio are likely to start pretty much every single game unless they are injured or suspended. The other three I'm not 100% certain on.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Mike1989 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:30
Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:09 :D Well you can do anything with facts

My team currently features Eriksen, Alli and MKH in the midfield spots. Kane, Jesus, and Firmino up top. Unless of course I decide to make further changes while my wildcard is active... :?

Like I said above, last year we were lucky because Chelsea and Liverpool had no European football and offered a safe route into high upside players. Likewise we had Siggy and King for a large part of the season contributing. But this year we don't have that same calibre of options outside the top teams, so you almost have to take the gamble on which premium players you select from the top clubs and accept the chance they could get rotated. I personally think the Spurs trio are likely to start pretty much every single game unless they are injured or suspended. The other three I'm not 100% certain on.
Your above post suggests Firmino's place is as about as secure as any player - rested once at Christmas. I do not see any difference to Jesus's rotation risk between this year and last year - just an accepted risk when taking City players. Mkhi - well, I'd argue Mourinho isn't a manager prone to rotation and he seems much more nailed now Pogba is out.

I don't really agree or am not understanding with the above point either - no one took King or Sigurdsson as some kind of safeguard against Eriksen or Sanchez being rotated... It's just early in the season and the value at those price points are not clear yet.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Did Firmino play in Europe last season?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:48 Your above post suggests Firmino's place is as about as secure as any player - rested once at Christmas. I do not see any difference to Jesus's rotation risk between this year and last year - just an accepted risk when taking City players. Mkhi - well, I'd argue Mourinho isn't a manager prone to rotation and he seems much more nailed now Pogba is out.

I don't really agree or am not understanding with the above point either - no one took King or Sigurdsson as some kind of safeguard against Eriksen or Sanchez being rotated... It's just early in the season and the value at those price points are not clear yet.
My point regarding last season was not that people picked King and Sigurdsson over Eriksen and Sanchez because they were less likely to get rotated, it was simply me stating that last season there were plenty of options people could pick from that had little to no rotation risk because those players were not playing European football. You could field a fairly strong and balanced team because you had Chelsea and Liverpool as two big clubs to select from, then supplement it with the better players from outside the big clubs. Granted I never approached things in that way because rotation concerns never came into my mind, but for those that did get worried about rotation there were plenty of options. So let's say Wenger was resting Sanchez, you could replace him with Hazard and still have an elite player. You can't do the same this season because all the elite players have European football, so there's going to be potential rotation risks for certain players and that's something we just have to accept if you want the players with the highest upside.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I am wondering from a defensive point of view if Davies gets a rest for Spurs. I have been weighing up getting him but just know if I do they'll be rotation. I know Rose isn't around but this is a relatively 'easy' home game, coming after a heavy European game, this is the time to maybe play someone else (Can Aurier also play left back?).

I do fear for Eriksen but I think we read too much into this sometimes :/

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”