To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW5 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Cliffard
FISOhead

GW5 Wildcard

Post by Cliffard »

I'm 75% doing it.

Very likely all of these OUT: Yoshida, Aké, Rosenior, Suttner, Ramsey, Willian, Benteke, Lukaku.

Want IN: Kane, Davies, ???

Probably need to find a 3rd forward at 8.6 or under.

Discuss. (Edit: Not a RMT, discuss a potential GW5 Wildcard in general :roll: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Re: GW5 Wildcard

Post by carver »

Thinking about it too.

A lot of the dropping rumours seemed to come to fruition

Problems with Hegazi, Yoshida, Willian and also Mane. The Mane suspension is a pain in the arse as it was unexpected. Lukaku may be worth cashing in on also.

Who to bring in?

I like the idea of bringing Woodman 4.0 in alongside Elliot

Pogba, Morata continue to look good.

Kolinisac looks good in LWB role, fixtures tasty after Chelsea.

Alli not involved in Champs League will be fresh for Spurs nice run of fixtures.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'm probably activating it too. I've got Mane, Willian and Lanzini in my team, as well as a few price drops happening tonight.

Current team...

Heaton Elliot
Bertrand Jones Dann Mee Hunemeier
Mane Pogba Willian Lanzini Carroll
Kane Lukaku Vokes

Post WC team

Fabianski Elliot
Davies Cedric Jones Lowton Schindler
Eriksen Salah Pogba Carroll King
Kane Morata Firmino

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Mane red card; no longer August blues for Kane and Willian now more of a rotation risk. WC trigger finger is itchy...

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

I'm toying with it too

Gabbi mane Willian suttner all gotta go

Problem is unless I drop Kaku it's not worth it. Looking at his stats I don't think it's a good idea

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Cliffard wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 19:57 I'm 75% doing it.

Very likely all of these OUT: Yoshida, Aké, Rosenior, Suttner, Ramsey, Willian, Benteke, Lukaku.

Yoshida, Ramsey, Lukaku all look like holds for me.

Yoshida perhaps rested due to international break fatigue, Ramsey in good form and has the fixtures, Lukaku in great form.
Don't see the rush to get rid of them.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Jason Bourne wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 00:05

Yoshida perhaps rested due to international break fatigue, Ramsey in good form and has the fixtures, Lukaku in great form.
You don't think Yoshida has lost his place now? Hoedt was bought for £15m, and Van Dijk is back in training. Ramsey I could keep, he might do ok. Lukaku out is all about getting in Kane, who's a top pick for captaincy for the forseeeable future. And I've faith in Jesus continuing his excellent form with City's momentum and favourable fixtures, so it's Lukaku who'll get the axe of the two, I don't think he's good enough value if he's not a captaincy option. Which he isn't if you have Kane.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Cliffard wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 00:12

You don't think Yoshida has lost his place now? Hoedt was bought for £15m, and Van Dijk is back in training. Ramsey I could keep, he might do ok. Lukaku out is all about getting in Kane, who's a top pick for captaincy for the forseeeable future. And I've faith in Jesus continuing his excellent form with City's momentum and favourable fixtures, so it's Lukaku who'll get the axe of the two, I don't think he's good enough value if he's not a captaincy option. Which he isn't if you have Kane.
Makes sense to axe lukaku for Kane, would try and do it without a wildcard though. Would definitely hold Yoshida, they conceded two without him so maybe stephens drops next week. Maybe play a cheep defender or midfield for a week if you have one.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Jason Bourne wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 00:24
Cliffard wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 00:12

Makes sense to axe lukaku for Kane, would try and do it without a wildcard though. Would definitely hold Yoshida, they conceded two without him so maybe stephens drops next week. Maybe play a cheep defender or midfield for a week if you have one.
I really don't see Yoshida as a safe enough pick right now, with Hoedt and eventually Van Dijk in the mix. I just did Yoshida :arrow: Davies for the potential price rise. Will decide tomorrow whether I can scrape something together without wildcarding. Will see how Benteke does and make sure Carroll starts. Willian will likely be benched for Pedro and Hazard vs Arsenal, so he's already on borrowed time after starting on the bench today. And Benteke hasn't done anything for a poor CPL so far. It will probably be too tempting, even if I'm almost as unsure of who I want in as I was when I didn't WC last round.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Markman
Wideboy
FS Record: I coulda been a contender

Post by Markman »

Looking down the barrel of the wildcard with Hegazi, Stephens, Kompany, Prodl, TFM, Mane, Carroll, McArthur stinking the place out. Lukaku and Aguero looking at the chop too. Really not comfortable with no City attack though - so perversely may retain Aguero and ship Lukaku.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Ok, effectively I'm on the wildcard albeit I haven't actually played it yet. Leaving as a few key transfers for now to contribute to and catch price rises (or avoid the losses) - I'll play the card later in the week so as not to negate the NTI figure before the price changes are realised.

Big decision now is whether I choose Lukaku + Morata or Kane + Firminho up front to partner Jesus...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Cliffard wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 19:57 Probably need to find a 3rd forward at 8.6 or under.
I think you're in luck there. Vardy has very good fixtures coming up, and Firmino's got to be a good option too.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Willian not certain to play
Carroll and cork poor 4.5 players
Suttner dropping
Gabbi garbage
Mane suspended

Would you guys wildcard this team?
Or take a hit

Mane Gabbi --》 Firnino pogba?

Or even -8 And do Stephens ---》 Davies too

Would love a few views if anyone is willing

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Stemania wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 21:18
Cliffard wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 19:57 Probably need to find a 3rd forward at 8.6 or under.
I think you're in luck there. Vardy has very good fixtures coming up, and Firmino's got to be a good option too.
Ya, Firmino's price was the reason I put the estimate at 8.6. Can't have 3 fwds over that.

Anyway I'm struggling to come up with a team I like. Might just stick with this (pic) and sace the WC.

Issues:
- I don't have Kane.
- Willian likely a bench warmer now, but will probably get minutes.
- Benteke and CPL are miserably poor.
- Aké doesn't look like value (but has a nice gw6 fixture).

Ramsey looks like an OK option to keep at 7.0, should do well after Chelsea.

So, the following out: Lukaku, Benteke, Willian and Aké. And in comes Kane, Firmino, and a 4.5 def (Naughton). That leaves me with 6.2 for a playing mid. I don't like any of those options enough. And I still don't like any cheaper forwards than Firmino. So I won't be happy. An alternative is a 4-3-3, but that's not something I want to WC to right now. I'm lost and I hate my team :roll:

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Cliffard wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 21:41
Ya, Firmino's price was the reason I put the estimate at 8.6. Can't have 3 fwds over that.

Anyway I'm struggling to come up with a team I like. Might just stick with this (pic) and sace the WC.

Issues:
- I don't have Kane.

So, the following out: Lukaku, Benteke, Willian and Aké. And in comes Kane, Firmino, and a 4.5 def (Naughton). That leaves me with 6.2 for a playing mid. I don't like any of those options enough. And I still don't like any cheaper forwards than Firmino. So I won't be happy. An alternative is a 4-3-3, but that's not something I want to WC to right now. I'm lost and I hate my team :roll:

I'm same. Struggling to put a nice wc together. Really stuck in a rut

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Cliffard wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 21:41

Issues:
- I don't have Kane.

Go for moteng

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

DAREEL wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 21:36 Willian not certain to play
Suttner dropping
Gabbi garbage
Mane suspended

Or take a hit

I'd be looking at changing 8 players there, so that's enough for a WC in my book. When else would you use it?

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

thebillfella wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 21:50
DAREEL wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 21:36 Willian not certain to play
Suttner dropping
Gabbi garbage
Mane suspended

Or take a hit

I'd be looking at changing 8 players there, so that's enough for a WC in my book. When else would you use it?
Thanks Bill. It means taking out lukaku but hard to have Kane Kaku and firmino ain't it

You keeping both? If you wildcarding

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

thebillfella wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 20:59 Ok, effectively I'm on the wildcard albeit I haven't actually played it yet. Leaving as a few key transfers for now to contribute to and catch price rises (or avoid the losses) - I'll play the card later in the week so as not to negate the NTI figure before the price changes are realised.

Big decision now is whether I choose Lukaku + Morata or Kane + Firminho up front to partner Jesus...
Considering kanes fixtures I think he's more of a captain option than Kaku personally

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

I think you have to choose between Lukaku and Kane to maintain some balance elsewhere. I think I'm going to hop on hop off with these two depending on form and fixtures. As you say, for the coming weeks Kane may be the better choice, but at the same time I'm thinking Morata is a better choice that Firminho. So the more likely Captain material may be the thing that clinches it for me...

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

thebillfella wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 22:06 I think you have to choose between Lukaku and Kane to maintain some balance elsewhere. I think I'm going to hop on hop off with these two depending on form and fixtures. As you say, for the coming weeks Kane may be the better choice, but at the same time I'm thinking Morata is a better choice that Firminho. So the more likely Captain material may be the thing that clinches it for me...
Yer that's a good plan mate. What about Jesus. His fixtures are unreal.

Rashford could help

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I'm also hopping aboard the GW5 wildcard. My squad isn't in terrible shape but all of my defenders will drop soon and I can't see a decent replacement for Willian without stealing cash from the back line and Lukaku. I'm reasonably settled on structure like this with just the bolded players to decide on.

Elliot, Woodman
Alonso/Jones, Davies, Wimmer, Naughton, Mariappa
Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Gross/Moting, Carroll
Kane, Morata, Firmino/Jesus

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 22:30 I'm also hopping aboard the GW5 wildcard. My squad isn't in terrible shape but all of my defenders will drop soon and I can't see a decent replacement for Willian without stealing cash from the back line and Lukaku. I'm reasonably settled on structure like this with just the bolded players to decide on.

Elliot, Woodman
Alonso/Jones, Davies, Wimmer, Naughton, Mariappa
Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Gross/Moting, Carroll
Kane, Morata, Firmino/Jesus
Nice team. I couldn't get near that with my TV

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Elliot
Mcguire Davies Jones Francis
Salah/couts erikksen pogba
Firm morata/Jesus Kane 

Krul Chalobert RLC naughton 

Possible wc Team

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

Feeling pretty uncomfortable with shipping out Lukaku..

As it stands, with the only concern being keeping DDG and trying to maximize my strike force..

DDG Elliot
Alonso Davies Naughton Simpson Mason
Alli Mkhitaryan Mooy Choupo-Moting Carroll
Kane Firmino Morata

Any advice to balance it a bit more would be appreciated.

Standard formation would probably be a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

iamkiko wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 11:26 Feeling pretty uncomfortable with shipping out Lukaku..

As it stands, with the only concern being keeping DDG and trying to maximize my strike force..

DDG Elliot
Kane Firmino Morata

You have to drop somone like Alonso for me Jones maybe then downgrade DDG. Elliot and Krul? You have same issue as me with poor TV?

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

DAREEL wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 11:29
iamkiko wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 11:26 Feeling pretty uncomfortable with shipping out Lukaku..

DDG Elliot
Kane Firmino Morata

You have to drop somone like Alonso for me Jones maybe then downgrade DDG. Elliot and Krul? You have same issue as me with poor TV?
Yeah, I am keeping Alonso, he basically plays mid for 7.1M but gets CS points and extra points for goals/assists.

I am not sold on Jones just yet so this is pretty much the final draft.

I have 0.4ITB with this set up, my TV is 100.3

Otherwise;

Downgrade DDG to a 4.5M = 1M extra

Upgrade Simpson to Jones = -0.6M which leaves 0.8 ITB.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

iamkiko wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 13:28

DDG Elliot
Kane Firmino Morata

Yeah, I am keeping Alonso, he basically plays mid for 7.1M but gets CS points and extra points for goals/assists.

Otherwise;

Good to go then sir. I like the team to be fair

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

DAREEL wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 13:31

DDG Elliot
Kane Firmino Morata

Otherwise;

Cheers mate, your team is also looking good.

Have you decided between Morata or Jesus?

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

iamkiko wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 13:46
DAREEL wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 13:31

DDG Elliot
Kane Firmino Morata

Otherwise;

Cheers mate, your team is also looking good.

Have you decided between Morata or Jesus?
To be honest you made me think of Alonso as a midfielder. Mendy intrest me too
Jesus games are unreal but not sure I can afford the extra few $$

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”