To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW5 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: GW5 Wildcard

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

That looks good to me. I'm going for Ritchie too as I think he represents good value in that price category.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

iamkiko wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 18:52
DAREEL wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 18:46
iamkiko wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 18:45 @DAREEL No Liverpool is a concern but not too keen to fit Salah/Firmino at the expense of any other players.

Maybe Salah for Alli?

Mkhy to salah ? Salah will outscore mkhy easily. Mkhy not as effective with no pogba
As a United fan, I want at least one attacking option from my team.

I think Mkhi will be as effective and don't have enough ITB (short 0.1) for that change.

You could get the .1 from a 4.4 def. Wimmer Francis or mee when he drops

But fair play if you rather have utd cover. Can't have them all mate

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

@DAREEL

a) 3-4-3 logically? Could do a 4-3-3 with Alonso.

Watford have 4CBs missing for next game too, makes Jesus a tasty option with good games.

Mendy a rotation risk as per usual with Pep

b) 4-3-3 logically;

Stones nailed on? He burned me hard last year so if he picks up form it could be great. He had a good game last night so not a bad shout (assuming he plays 90 mins)

Lukaku up front also a decent option.

Not much difference in them both, just consider flexibility for transfers over the coming GWs.

Thank you for the analysis on my team. Wimmer seems like a decent punt too. Flirting with the idea of Jones for Naughton too.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

This is tricky. Like a lot of people, I have Pogba, so he has to go. I also want to swap Lukaku for Kane next gameweek, which I can currently do with £0.3m to spare. Ideally then, I'd like to swap Pogba for someone no more than £8.2m. Already have Silva, so I'm struggling to find someone decent that is low risk rotation wise.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

iamkiko wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 18:59 @DAREEL

a) 3-4-3 logically? Could do a 4-3-3 with Alonso.

Watford have 4CBs missing for next game too, makes Jesus a tasty option with good games.

Mendy a rotation risk as per usual with Pep

b) 4-3-3 logically;

Stones nailed on? He burned me hard last year so if he picks up form it could be great. He had a good game last night so not a bad shout (assuming he plays 90 mins)

Lukaku up front also a decent option.

Not much difference in them both, just consider flexibility for transfers over the coming GWs.

Thank you for the analysis on my team. Wimmer seems like a decent punt too. Flirting with the idea of Jones for Naughton too.
Thanks very much to you too mate

Yes Stones burned me and I said never again and here I am . Never learn haha. Your right I really do need some city cover. I'll have another play mate. Be glad when my decision is made. Wildcards drain the brain

Norwayboy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Norwayboy »

Screenshot_20170914-203709.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Norwayboy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Norwayboy »

Any thoughts good people?

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

@Norwayboy, can't fault that team mate. Looks nicely balanced and I like the punt on Mahrez. Have you considered Vardy and Coutinho perhaps? Might be 0.2 more expensive though but I don't think Mahrez hasn't looked as good this season.

You probably won't appreciate me adding more problems to your thought process!

@DAREEL

Stones, Tadic and Redmond are on my blacklist. Never again.

I am considering downgrading Foster to a 4.0 and just starting Elliot.

Frees up 0.5 so I would have 1.2 to upgrade RLC/Chalobah/4.5 that I decide is 'worth' it to Gross or someone else. I think all 4.5 options are worthless and I already have Tom Carroll (set pieces?).

Stupid? I trust Newcastle and don't mind having Elliot as a starter. FFFix's algorithms have Elliot gaining more points than Foster too.

He could be last season's 'Pickford'.... or not.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Norwayboy wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:39 Any thoughts good people?
Your team looks fairly "template" to me so you should be ready to go. :)
Firmino missed a penalty :shock: this week and that was a deciding factor for me not to pick him.
I will sort my FPL team out after my Eliteserien squad. Wild card for their double game week and wild card to sort out my FPL squad in the same week is tough.
My latest attempt is
Foster (Fabianski)
Walker, Kola, Clark, Alonso (Rosenior)
Not sure about Walker but Kompany's injury threat made me loose confidence.
Mkhitaryan, Kante, Alli, (Matic, Chalobah)
I only have Kante as he is almost rotation proof and good for the bench.
Wood, Kane, Jesus.
Kane gets the band this week and he is set in stone with my WC team. All the others may change with the weather :roll:

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Thoughts on the following wildcard? Any further changes to make?

- Elliot, Foster
- Bertrand, Jones, Cedric, Lascelles, Gamez
- Eriksen, Alli, MKH, Chalobah, Carroll
- Kane, Jesus, Firmino

.1 in the bank

My thought with my front line is that I can swap any of them for their main alternative in that price point. So I can rotate Kane and Lukaku, Jesus/Morata/Lacazette, and Firmino/Vardy. Likewise in midfield I can change the Spurs two for the main Liverpool attackers, granted I can't get Hazard/Sanchez/KDB in without further moves. Not entirely convinced with the defence but it should prove solid enough.

Or alternatively:

- Elliot, Foster
- Kolasinac, Davies, Jones, Lascelles, Gamez
- Eriksen, Salah, Fabregas, Sanches, Carroll
- Kane, Jesus, Firmino

.2 in the bank

Swap of the premium midfielders Alli to Salah. A slight downgrade on the third midfielder allowing an upgrade to the defence.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Not sure about Gamez and Fabregas, I wouldn't expect either to start though Gamez did get a CS and bonus to boot.

Personally, I'm currently stuck on this 4-3-3...

Foster/Fabianksi/Gomes, Elliot
Davies, Jones, Cedric, Naughton/Femenia, Gomez/4.5
Eriksen, Salah/Coutinho, Mkihitaryan, 4.5, 4.5
Kane, Jesus/Morata, Firmino/Vardy

After reducing this to sensible 50-50s I find it just becomes about luck more than anything...

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

iamkiko wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 09:00 You hit the nail on the head.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Alonso at 7.1m is more value than any striker or midfielder at that price.

There really is a scarce amount of value in the < 8m range for MIDs and FWDs so I think boosting defence and strikers is worth it.

Underlying stats make Joselu look good but given the pricing structure, you have to go for the heavy hitters up front.

I am still not sold on RLC.
I can see the appeal with Joselu. He seems to be ahead of Gayle and Mitrovic now as Newcastle's main striker and is likely to start every week for the foreseeable future. Newcastle's fixtures also look fairly ok in the short term. Are there better options at the moment in the midfield or forward category at 5.5 million? Possibly not. On the flip side, I don't really see Newcastle scoring lots of goals so this is a negative for me.

For my team it really is a case of 8.5 midfielder versus 8.5 range striker. And I favour Vardy over Firmino, Mickey, Siggy and Mahrez for the upcoming fixtures. So wanting Vardy makes Joselu a non-option for me at the present time.

If Joselu still looks like a valuable pick in a few weeks I could always have the option to downgrade Vardy to him and try and squeeze Mane in to the midfield (who is my preferred 9.0-9.7 midfield option, other than Eriksen/Alli).

RLC is a question mark, I agree. Having watched him though, if he plays under Hodgson, I see some attacking returns. Plus at 4.5, other than maybe Carroll I don't see any other better options a a back up midfielder. You could argue Carroll being on set pieces shades it at the moment. He was unfortunate not to get an assist last gameweek.

The main decision for my wildcard at the moment is whether to spread some of my extra cash around on the fifth defender, third and fourth midfielder or pick a non-playing 3.9 defender, two 4.5m budget (playing) midfielders and use the 6.3 million on one midfielder. I'm inclined to spread the money around at the moment and have a fifth defender option as well as having a couple of better options to rotate in midfield. At the moment I just don't see a 5.5-6.3m midfielder that I am keen on picking every week. Jese is an intriguing prospect but I wouldn't want him playing in 2 of the next 4 matches. However, spreading the money around a bit more may affect my opportunities to change the structure of my team in the future without making 3+ transfers.

ziggies

Post by ziggies »

I'm thinking if its a good time to bring in Alexis now, given he should be back in the squad permanently with a goal against Cologne. Anyone feels the same?

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

@Stower

Can't disagree, I think Newcastle have a low scoring ceiling.

I have opted for Chalobah over RLC and will rotate accordingly with a defender. He feels 'safer' and with Roy managing CP, not sure how well they will fare going forward. To be honest, under FDB they were absolutely dire, they couldn't hit a barn door if they tried. I don't mind benching Chalobah either and I have Carroll in my team.

This GW it's going to be Chalobah vs MCI instead of Caroll vs TOT as I have Davies in my team.

edit: Cork could be an option (Burnley)?

Regarding your defender predicament, I would definitely spread it at the back and have more defensive options. For what it's worth I went with Choupo Moting for the 5.5 slot as he plays OOP and will re-evaluate in a few GWs.

I have Kane already, is it worth switching out Alli for Salah?

Salah is a great player but it pisses me off that he is so wasteful. Alli is guaranteed 90 mins until his UCL ban is lifted.

'Attacking coverage' not usually the best reason for a transfer and wouldn't be able to do much with the .4ITB (even with .7ITB already) but wondering if it's worth it.

Spurs have the better next 5 fixtures vs Liverpool. Liverpool also facing some 'bogey-teams' such as Burnley, Leicester and then United and Spurs.

Ironically I see Salah doing better vs UTD and Spurs as Liverpool raise their games.

I know DAREEL suggested Salah for Mkhi but I think Mkhi is only hitting his stride now.

Thanks fellas and best of luck this weekend.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Think I'm going with this:
Screenshot_20170915-133302.png
Fabianski - He rotates well with Elliot. Swansea have looked good, and Fabianski is a keeper with a great record when it comes to saves. My biggest dilemna here was between him and Gomes, but I feel as though he rotates better with Elliot.

Elliot - Simply the best 4.0 option.

Mendy - My choice here is either Jesus+ 4.5 defender or Firmino/Vardy + Mendy, and I reckon that without captaincy (it'll be on Kane) the latter yields more points.

Davies - Nailed, great value for a defender I can comfortably play every week vs anyone.

Jones - Also nailed. Due a goal imo, but playing for a title challenging Mourinho team in his second season is good enough reason to keep him to me.

Feminia - Watford tend to start the season strong then play like a championship club once they've secured their position for next year, so I reckon Watford's form will last a while longer. What attracts me to Feminia in particular is his bonus points, getting 2 even when he was off at 60 minutes in a 2-0 win hints at great underlying stats.

Naughton - Ideally, I'd like to have either Gomes and Naughton or Fabianski and Feminia, but I find Swansea's fixtures and form is too good to ignore when it comes to cheap rotation in defence. Ignoring United, Swansea have been sound defensively and are due some cleansheets at home.

Eriksen - Getting Alli instead would allow me to "upgrade" Coutinho to Salah, but Eriksen's form right now is undeniable. There are questions over his minutes since the champions league is in effect but I don't think it's enough to be put off by him. I imagine Poch will only take him off early if Spurs are winning, so with his goal involvement chances are he'll be in the points already by then.

Coutinho - Between him and Salah, I think he just about edges it. Salah won't be getting 4-5 chances to convert a goal every game and I think his chances of starting aren't much higher than Coutinho's, if at all.

Mkihitaryan - Pretty much my only United attacking cover. I don't think Lukaku is good value without the armband but I do expect him to score. Mkhitaryan's goal involvement will probably go up without Pogba in the side.

T. Carroll - Standard 4.5m. RLC might get more points but I'd have to get very lucky to have a player out exactly when he gets them. I doubt he'll play more games which will certainly have an effect come Xmas time when fielding a full XI in itself can become tricky.

A. King - Frees up an extra 0.1m of funds and gets the odd goal. Will probably get starts during Xmas time.

Kane - Coming into good form and certainly the better pick over Lukaku. To me, it's not even a contest between the two due to Kane's true value being higher due to playing less minutes.

Firmino - He's still in good form and on pens. I'm slightly worried about Coutinho hogging some of his goal involvement, or at least the assist potential but chances are Liverpool will simply score more goals with the two Brazilians linking up and more chances falling to the duo rather than Salah.

Vardy - Considering the risk I'm taking in midfield with Eriksen and Coutinho, I'd prefer a striker that's 100% nailed to start every game and to play 90 minutes. Jesus will probably start but will be subbed off early, and unlike Eriksen his goal involvement doesn't suggest that he's likely to be in the points when this happens. Still, I expect he'll score more than Vardy in the next few but I expect Mendy to make up the difference vs a 4.5.
Screenshot_20170915-133918.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Resonare on 15 Sep 2017, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

fairfranco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by fairfranco »

Very similar to my wild carded team.

I ditched all 3 strikers of Mounie, Lukaku and jeses for Kane, Firminho and Morata.

Ditched De Bruyne, Ward-Prose and Townsend for Da Silva, Eriksen and Choupa-Moting

and swapped out Hegazi, Yoshida and Daniels for Naughton, Trippier and Lascelles

Brought in Elliot as well and considering changing Hart for someone else.

My only worry about my team now is whether Da Silva is really worth having for the price.
And whether I may regret removing Jesus when he's just started scoring and has a decent run of fixtures coming.

Is it possible to improve on CArroll without spending 5m+?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Sorry, didn't get a chance to post any replies in this thread. In the end I changed it up a bit. Decided to go down the route of Alonso instead of Antonio. Except I went for Kolasinac

Final team:

Foster / Elliott
Kola / Davies / Jones/ Naughton / Wimmer
Alli / Mhki / Ritchie / Choupo-Moting / Cork
Kane / Morata / Firmino

+£1.2m

Went for Morata over Jesus for the nailedness. Went Firmino over Vardy for Liverpool. Looked at where Lukaku stands in the overall striker points list and decided that he's not essential - yes basically this year's 'scared to go without him' pick.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

iamkiko wrote:@eastcentral1
Sorry mate, didn't get a chance to reply to your comprehensive response.

You'll see above that in the end I went for something more similar to your structure. Like the idea of being able to reach for Alonso or and premium defender over a mid price mid.

Good luck to the GW5 wildcarders!

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

After a bit of tinkering I ended up with:

Elliot - Fabianski
Alonso - Kolasinac- Bertrand- Jones- Morgan
Eriksen - Son - Gross - Carroll- Cork
Kane - Jesus - Vardy

I decided to go with Carroll and Cork instead of Fellaini and Loftus-Cheek. Fellaini would have been a transfer waiting to happen and uncertainty about Loftus-Cheek's place and poor fixtures led me to go for Carroll and Cork. I decided on Morgan over Naughton but it was a close call. Not convinced about Holgate's place at the moment or Everton's form. Gross shaded Brady.

Good luck all.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:Sorry, didn't get a chance to post any replies in this thread. In the end I changed it up a bit. Decided to go down the route of Alonso instead of Antonio. Except I went for Kolasinac Image

Final team:

Foster / Elliott
Kola / Davies / Jones/ Naughton / Wimmer
Alli / Mhki / Ritchie / Choupo-Moting / Cork
Kane / Morata / Firmino

+£1.2m

Went for Morata over Jesus for the nailedness. Went Firmino over Vardy for Liverpool. Looked at where Lukaku stands in the overall striker points list and decided that he's not essential - yes basically this year's 'scared to go without him' pick.
Well, this isn't going so well. And there's still time for Lukaku to make it a mini disaster.

Got unlucky with Davies, his time for a rest I guess. But the rest were decisions I have to take on the chin. I know City are prolific, and I thought Aguero would be fresh for this weekend, but I went a different direction. Wildcards are rarely set up for the game week they're played. Still happy with the team, not getting rid of anyone in a hurry.

The one nagging doubt is Firmino. Salah had 5 shots today, 4 on target. Meanwhile Firmino had none.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”