To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW5 Transfers: Deadline FRIDAY 15 Sep 19:00

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: GW5 Transfers: Deadline FRIDAY 15 Sep 19:00

Post by Hotstepper »

Lukaku > Morata maybe to free up 1.5m for Chicharito > Firmino maybe.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Really want Kane in for Lukaku but need to find 0.8m. Only way I can see is by dropping Alonso down to a Davies, but I'd rather keep Alonso long term if poss. Any ideas? Could also just stick and hope Erikson does enough.

Foster / Elliot
Alonso / Jones / Cedric / Naughton / Goldson
Erikson / Salah / Pogba / Chalobah/ Carroll
Lukaku / Morata / Firmino

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Son --> Eriksen (c)
Jese --> Chopo-Moting (A bit sideways, but he's cheaper and I needed it to find the above, which is worth it I think)

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Bailly -> Davies, done.

Have a FT left, may or may not hang onto Willian for a week longer. Will watch for signs of life from the Hammers (and Antonio) tonight, and Chelsea UCL minutes.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

thinking of Lukaku -> Kane, Alonso -> Davies

johnnyhp
FISOhead
FS Record: average at worst

Post by johnnyhp »

is it worth a -8 for lukaku > firmino , kdb > miki & rodriguez > jesus or just do luk > fir or let it roll

kingofpop
Treebeard

Post by kingofpop »

no Jesus, Pep rotation is so strange....now, with CL on, nobody knows who will play in PL.....even Jesus play, he plays 60-70 mintues every match......actually, there is no City attacking player that really have good reasons to be involved in our teams....for Arsenal attacking players it is the same....Lukaku, Kane, Morata and Firmino are the best scoring opportunities now

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Aguero :arrow: Kane funded by Bailly :arrow: Jones

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Strongly considering:

Alonso :arrow: Gamez ...to fund:
Chicharito :arrow: Jesus

I'm going to wait until after City's midweek European game but I do fancy going heavy up front.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Mbemba ---> Trippier
Mané --> Choupa-Moting
(-4)

Leaves me with more than 3 million ITB but just can't decide what to do with the premiums. Currently on Jesus and Lukaku upfront, very tempted by Kane, but I think it is too expensive with both him and Lukaku and don't want to take more hits (saving my WC)...

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner
FS Record: Tinkerman, average to poor

Post by Mark1886 »

Redmond :arrow: Doucoure
Chasing money lost from other players. I don't understand the rush to buy Watford players, given their short term fixtures. But, i am thinking of keeping as long term cheapish 4th/5th mid. Also frees up money for further upgrades in the next few weeks, or days at this rate.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

2 FTs but I'm not sure what to do...

Gravelaine
Kevin and Perry

Post by Gravelaine »

Skrtel wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:38 Mbemba ---> Trippier
Mané --> Choupa-Moting
(-4)

Leaves me with more than 3 million ITB but just can't decide what to do with the premiums. Currently on Jesus and Lukaku upfront, very tempted by Kane, but I think it is too expensive with both him and Lukaku and don't want to take more hits (saving my WC)...

You are taking a chance with Aurier most likely starting soon.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

First time I've ever sought advice but have made a good start and don't want to undo it.

This week I've done Stephens to Davies for my free transfer. Considering doing RLC to Alli for a -4. What do people think to the merits of that?

Noobking
Treebeard

Post by Noobking »

Already did Mané to Eriksen.

Probably also going to do Lukaku --> Kane for my first -4 of the season. Will wait 'till after the CL matches though.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

CBN wrote:First time I've ever sought advice but have made a good start and don't want to undo it.

This week I've done Stephens to Davies for my free transfer. Considering doing RLC to Alli for a -4. What do people think to the merits of that?
On its own it sounds ok, especially with SWA up next

Who drops out of your team this week to play Alli (I presume it's not RLC)...is that player +4 points better than Alli, and then get Alli for free the following week.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Yeah it would be RLC who drops out. Or Abraham and I play Chalobah.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Will until CL matches out the way but something like:

Lowe :arrow: B. Davies
Mane :arrow: Pogba/Mkhi -4

Ruins structure a little, though, as I'd like Mane when he returns.

How are people replacing him? Upgrade/downgrade/same price point?

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

The Toon Man wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 12:32 Will until CL matches out the way but something like:

Lowe :arrow: B. Davies
Mane :arrow: Pogba/Mkhi -4

Ruins structure a little, though, as I'd like Mane when he returns.

How are people replacing him? Upgrade/downgrade/same price point?
I downgraded to Atsu and then replaced Rangel with Davies. So to get him back is going to take two more transfers

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

I have 2 FTs and my priority at the moment is Chicharito to Kane, and to do that I have two options:

Plan A: my simplest move is to drop Willian for a £5.4m midfielder or less who could play most weeks.

Gross - is he actually set for more attacking returns, or was that fluke? BBC match report described him as being 'long odds to score'
Doucoure - same question as for Gross, and also not great fixtures
Sanches - looked good initially so can he maintain the early form for a whole game once he's settled?

Plan B: none of those options really appeals, plus I have a Hegazi issue, so I could take a hit to remove both Willian and Hegazi, switching to a 4-3-3. The replacements could be basement £4.5m midfielder and £5.7m or below for defender:

Davies - are people really that sure Rose isn't going to get some games in the PL?
Maguire - Leicester seem a little more solid and have good fixtures

Stephens - purely because his GW5 and GW10 fill a gap as first bench-sitter in Carroll's schedule. Hardly prolific except for a blip in the 15/16 season in the championship
Romeu - again, based on GW5 and GW10. Defensive midfielder, so 2 or 3 points a week unless he gets himself carded.

Plan C: Neither is a particularly inspiring plan; the alternative is Alli in for Willian and Chicharito either stays (he has £0.1m buffer before I feel the price drop) or goes for an £8.3m or lower striker:

Rooney - hardly a lock, but their fixtures are about to improve, and who knows what happens when he returns to Old Trafford
Wood - can't say I'm excited about this one (or his away fixtures), but he's in form
Benteke - under Hodgson, back to basics? But terrible fixtures
Abraham - would be a triple-up on Swansea...

Little help?

ALAN1289
Treebeard

Post by ALAN1289 »

anybody taking in hazard?

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Gravelaine wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 05:12
Skrtel wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:38 Mbemba ---> Trippier
Mané --> Choupa-Moting
(-4)

You are taking a chance with Aurier most likely starting soon.
I have decent chepies that will be autosubbed if Trippier is benched, but yes, it is a punt. But Trippier would have been my first defender to pick pre season if not injured...

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

wibble_mcwoo wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 12:59 I have 2 FTs and my priority at the moment is Chicharito to Kane, and to do that I have two options:

Plan A: my simplest move is to drop Willian for a £5.4m midfielder or less who could play most weeks.

Gross - is he actually set for more attacking returns, or was that fluke? BBC match report described him as being 'long odds to score'
Sanches - looked good initially so can he maintain the early form for a whole game once he's settled?

I like your plan A as it is currently my only plan.

I urgently need to offload Gabiadinni :arrow: Morata and will sell Willian to fund it for -4.

So the question is, which of those three? And, just to make things worse, what about Mooy? Was he left out because you already have him?

I think the order for me is currently Gross, Mooy, Sanches, Doucoure.

Regardless of which is the best replacement, I think plan A is the safest and therefore best bet for this point in the season.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

ALAN1289 wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 13:27 anybody taking in hazard?
Consider him (not for this GW) I just have to wait and see wich premiums to pick.
Think it will be up to choose the right ones of:
FWD:Morata Kane Jesus Lukaku
MID: Hazard Eriksen Coutinho

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

2 FT and like other I'm considering Lukaku to Kane but I already have Ali. I'm wondering if it might make more sense to do Ali to some 6.1 midfielder and instead do Chicarito to Kane? I don't have any of the ManU mids. Thoughts?

I still have Willian as well who I need to move but don't have enough money to replace him instead of Ali unfortunately.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Won't move until after the Eurpean games, but current thinking is Mane/Hernandez to Ritchie/Firmino.

Ritchie would really open up that third striker slot for me though, with Morata/Jesus/Vardy all possibles too.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

KTBFFH wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 13:55
wibble_mcwoo wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 12:59 I have 2 FTs and my priority at the moment is Chicharito to Kane, and to do that I have two options:

I like your plan A as it is currently my only plan.

I urgently need to offload Gabiadinni :arrow: Morata and will sell Willian to fund it for -4.

So the question is, which of those three? And, just to make things worse, what about Mooy? Was he left out because you already have him?

I think the order for me is currently Gross, Mooy, Sanches, Doucoure.

Regardless of which is the best replacement, I think plan A is the safest and therefore best bet for this point in the season.
Mooy was a little bit too expensive for me. He might be the top choice if I could afford him. Still there's no slam dunks with that price range - I'm currently leaning towards the Davies Plan B option a little bit.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Well I wildcarded last week which included Mané and Pogba.
Already did Mane to Eriksen due to price rises, I wouldn't have been able to afford. Now seriously tempted to do Pogba and Abraham :arrow: Atsu and Firmino for -8.

Otherwise I'm left playing
Chalobah (MCI) and Abraham (tot). I hate this season already :lol:

Would want to roll with 3 premiums long term now thinking about it, would leave Kane, Lacazette and Firmino with midfield of Eriksen, Mkhi, David silva, Atsu.

Mad or justifiable after some real bad luck?

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

have 1.8mill in the bank
contemplating
Pogba to Choupo Moting
Chicharito to Kane
would then need to drop Bertrand/Otamendi for a (-4) and the best available 4.5

Would leave my team as follows with playing either a 343 or 433
Foster (Coleman)
Davies, Otamendi, Mee, (Rangel) (4.5 option)
Eriksen, Salah, Choupo, Carroll, (Chalobah)
Kane, Lukaku, Jesus

Thoughts? Also still have my wildcard available

Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Klaren »

Arsenal4EvERr wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 21:58 Well I wildcarded last week which included Mané and Pogba.
Already did Mane to Eriksen due to price rises, I wouldn't have been able to afford. Now seriously tempted to do Pogba and Abraham :arrow: Atsu and Firmino for -8.

Otherwise I'm left playing
Chalobah (MCI) and Abraham (tot). I hate this season already :lol:

Would want to roll with 3 premiums long term now thinking about it, would leave Kane, Lacazette and Firmino with midfield of Eriksen, Mkhi, David silva, Atsu.

Mad or justifiable after some real bad luck?
Are you confident that Atsu will play though? He didn't start last game. Jacob Murphy didn't play well but Atsu was quite poor after he came in as well. I think Atsu was starting because of his pre-season form and to allow Murphy to settle in, but considering the fee they paid for them, I'd reckon Murphy would get some more game time to prove himself. So there is definitely a high rotation risk with Atsu.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”