To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW5 Transfers: Deadline FRIDAY 15 Sep 19:00

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Re: GW5 Transfers: Deadline FRIDAY 15 Sep 19:00

Post by bigcliff2 »

Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:21
Mike1989 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:10
bigcliff2 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:45 Is it completely insane to consider bringing in Fellaini?
Ask yourself this. What are your other options in the 5.0 or less category?

Kante is the highest scoring 5.0 midfielder but he's a defensive midfielder. Then there are a slew of fairly unappealing options with the most appealing potentially being Sanches from Swansea. He was a bit rusty though he did show some promise. I think he's a nailed on starter for Swansea and if he is used in a forward role like he was on Sunday, then there's a chance he could be the best midfielder at this price point. However, I would take a gamble on Fellaini because he has shown he can score goals already this season when given the opportunity. Granted there's a chance he doesn't get given the Pogba starting position, but if he is given that starting berth he has value.

If Fellaini is going to be your fourth midfielder, then it's not completely insane since he's probably got more upside if he plays than the other options in the 5.0 or less category.

Main disadvantages being that it burns a United place and he's not nailed. Herrera and Mata will be strong competition

Oh, and unless you've got a wildcard it's a transfer waiting to happen.
Cheers for the replies... I actually only have 4.9, not 5.0, so it's basically him or a 4.5, or a rethink. And yes, he would be my 4th midfielder as such, in the sense that I'd be planning to play him in a 3-4-3 most of the time I had him. I also do have a wildcard, so that option would be there. I'm not that fussed about it taking up a United place - I've only had Lukaku this season and not a lot of interest elsewhere with Pogba out (who I was previously considering bringing in this week as it happens).

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Have two free but no major problems. Have exact cash for Willian :arrow: Alli, done. Can roll over one.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Rivers wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 15:21 Main disadvantages being that it burns a United place and he's not nailed. Herrera and Mata will be strong competition

Oh, and unless you've got a wildcard it's a transfer waiting to happen.
It depends what United players you have in your team. If you want three from Lukaku, MKH, Jones, Bailly, De Gea - there's rightly no place for Fellaini. However, if you are like me and have two United players (MKH and Jones), and are not going to have Lukaku because you have Kane (I could afford both but it would mean sacrifices elsewhere to make the team balanced), or spend the extra money on De Gea, or add a second United defender, then Fellaini is worth the risk because the majority of the 5.0 or less midfielders don't really offer much of a return. Plus it is only a short term move while Pogba is out. Ok it could end up being a transfer waiting to happen, but if your fourth or fifth midfielder is sitting on your bench giving you little return, then some might see it as a worthwhile risk to add Fellaini in case he chips in with the odd goal here and there if they decide to start him over a cheap fourth defender.

I personally don't have Fellaini and I'm not going to pick him up, but I can see why some might decide to do it for a short term return if he gets a starting place.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Fair enough, I just feel these short term cheap options for the big teams rarely pay off and just lead to more more issues later on... And then I remember Dele Alli's first season.

Just remember it's the hope that will kill ya

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

A hit for me this week, most likely. Looking at:

Lukaku to Kane
Tough call, but I'm not willing to leave Kane for any longer and someone has to make way. Lukaku could be off pens now and I wouldn't captain him for at least a couple of weeks anyhow. Having the WC makes bringing him back more straightforward, should I need to.

JWP to Groß
Moving JWP out has been a long time coming. Looks like JWP will take another drop this week and Groß will rise—this is a TV protector and a two week punt on Groß ahead of a likely WC (without which, I'd be less likely to move on Groß). I guess this transfer is technically the -4.

Gabbiadini to J-Rod
Weird one, but this transfer is the missing piece of the puzzle to enable Kane. Gabbiadini will drop this week and I really need to start watching my TV, having already absorbed drops on JWP, Monreal, and Aguero. I don't want to remove any mids (Alli, Eriksen, Mhki), or take any more money from defence. I'd considered a sideways shuffle of Aguero to Jesus, but that seems a waste with Aguero likely to start in a promising fixture and Gabbi dropping in price.

So, I need a 6.7 or less forward - who'd have thunk decent options at that price point would be in such short supply? Ideally there'd be someone with bandwagon status in that price range, but no such player exists. I like two of WBA's next three (WHU, ars, WAT) and he seems nailed as the lone forward. Underlying numbers are respectable enough, though most of his close range attempts have been headed from set pieces. Still, nothing to stop him nodding one in. At 5.9 he leaves me with 0.8 in the bank for some flexibility in the future.

Everyone else either looks a rotation risk or has poor fixtures (or both). I'd consider Bony, but presumably he doesn't start yet.

kingofpop
Treebeard

Post by kingofpop »

Mane - Salah
or
Mane - Alli

i still wonder, have Eriksen and Kane, and if get Alli i will have the three of Spurs....but dont have any Pool player.....but ont the other side Ally rested and have good chance of scoring and is sure starter in the following weeks, while Salah not so sure....when Mane comes back and Coutinho gets in form his place will be in danger so probably will go with Alli and hope Burnley dont get more than 1-2 goals

crack_chap
Kevin and Perry

Post by crack_chap »

kingofpop wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 16:12 Mane - Salah
or
Mane - Alli

i still wonder, have Eriksen and Kane, and if get Alli i will have the three of Spurs....but dont have any Pool player.....but ont the other side Ally rested and have good chance of scoring and is sure starter in the following weeks, while Salah not so sure....when Mane comes back and Coutinho gets in form his place will be in danger so probably will go with Alli and hope Burnley dont get more than 1-2 goals
I'm in the same dilemma and currently leaning slightly towards bringing in Alli though not having a Liverpool feels a little risky.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Lukaku :arrow: Kane

I feel this is the right move now. Harry is in fine form having scored 2 goals in his last 3 of his last 4 matches. Lukaku will still score but not as prolifically IMO and Pogbas injury made this decision even easier for me. I don't want to own both as they soak up too much funds and severely weaken the rest of my squad and I will not be captaining Lukaku in the foreseeable future, so out he goes.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mane :arrow: Alli
Pogba :arrow: Ritchie
Chicharito :arrow: Firmino

Easiest four points I've ever spent.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Mane to Salah
Pogba to Ritchie or Chuba Chops
Morata to Kane (-8)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Mane :arrow: Eriksen (already done)
Pogba :arrow: Antonio? (-4)

Any other options? - Already have Mkhi and Silva. Don't know whether just to avoid the hit and play Chalobah.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

I can keep Lukaku if I do Stephens -> Gomez, Chicharito -> Kane and then Willian to some 4.6 donkey. Would that be worth 4 or should I just bring in Kane for Kak and upgrade Willian to Miki or someone else in the 8-9 range?

I'm guessing Kane will go up in value tonight

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Mane needs to go, thinking of taking a punt on Coutinho. Thoughts ?

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

redcat1 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:47 Mane needs to go, thinking of taking a punt on Coutinho. Thoughts ?
Too risky to be worthwhile IMO.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

Alright friends, I'm in a world of trouble.

Here is my donkey of a team as it currently stands:

Foster/Elliot
Cedric, Kolasinac, Mee, Jones, Goldson
Pogba, Willian, Eriksen, Carroll, Milivojevic
Gabbiadini, Lukaku, Kane

I hate them all but can't WC yet. I have 1FT and 1.8 ITB

Kindly pick from the options below:

Plan A
Gabbiadini :arrow: Firmino
Pogba :arrow: Mkhitaryan
-4, 0.0 ITB

Plan B
Gabbiadini :arrow: Morata
Willian :arrow: Groß
-8, 0.0 ITB

Plan C
Pogba :arrow: Groß/ Mooy/ Choupo-Moting
Willian :arrow: David Silva
-8, 0.0 ITB

Currently leaning towards A or B but have overthought it and now nothing makes sense anymore.

Please help.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 16:31 Lukaku :arrow: Kane

I feel this is the right move now. Harry is in fine form having scored 2 goals in his last 3 of his last 4 matches. Lukaku will still score but not as prolifically IMO and Pogbas injury made this decision even easier for me. I don't want to own both as they soak up too much funds and severely weaken the rest of my squad and I will not be captaining Lukaku in the foreseeable future, so out he goes.
After seeing Evertons result tonight with their best team out I'm sweating on this little.

Glad I didn't buy into the overhype of Everton earlier in the season, I don't think they have that great of a side or manager. I thought they would at the very least be hard to score against.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 14 Sep 2017, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Lukaku to Kane done.

Waiting to see if Pogba's going to drop before the deadline (which seems certain at 99.7% on FPLS) so likely swap him out for Silva too.

KTBFFH wrote: Alright friends, I'm in a world of trouble.
Plan A for sure mate. No need to do a -8, Pogba to Mkhitaryan will be the most popular replacement this week and Blankiadini to any striker's a good transfer. In all seriousness, Firmino's a solid pick.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

KTBFFH wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 20:37 Alright friends, I'm in a world of trouble.

Here is my donkey of a team as it currently stands:

Foster/Elliot
Cedric, Kolasinac, Mee, Jones, Goldson
Pogba, Willian, Eriksen, Carroll, Milivojevic
Gabbiadini, Lukaku, Kane

I hate them all but can't WC yet. I have 1FT and 1.8 ITB

Kindly pick from the options below:

Plan A
Gabbiadini :arrow: Firmino
-4, 0.0 ITB

Plan B
Willian :arrow: Groß
-8, 0.0 ITB

Plan C
Pogba :arrow: Groß/ Mooy/ Choupo-Moting
Willian :arrow: David Silva
-8, 0.0 ITB

Currently leaning towards A or B but have overthought it and now nothing makes sense anymore.

Please help.
You need to wildcard. If you wildcard and end up with a team this bad again just give up, but you need to wildcard now.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

swadd1er wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 20:40 Lukaku to Kane done.

Waiting to see if Pogba's going to drop before the deadline (which seems certain at 99.7% on FPLS) so likely swap him out for Silva too.

KTBFFH wrote: Alright friends, I'm in a world of trouble.
Plan A for sure mate. No need to do a -8, Pogba to Mkhitaryan will be the most popular replacement this week and Blankiadini to any striker's a good transfer. In all seriousness, Firmino's a solid pick.
Cheers mate. The voice of reason.

Absolutely cannot wait to see the back of Gabbiadini. Never again. For real this time.
Plus it'll allow me to do Lukaku > Morata and Milivojevic > one of the <6 mids next week.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

hancockjr wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 20:47
You need to wildcard. If you wildcard and end up with a team this bad again just give up, but you need to wildcard now.
If only, mate. Have to wait till GW6. Nightmarish start.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

I'm strongly considering keeping Kak and bringing in Kane but need to free up funds. who is the best 4.5 or lower player to rotate with Carroll? I unfortunately haven't seen a lot of games this season thus far so I don't know much about how any of the options have looked

kung_yoda
Wideboy

Post by kung_yoda »

Is it worth doing Ince to Gross for a -4p hit?
Seems like Ince will fall tonight and Gross will rise.
In other words, is it worth -4p to gain £0,2m?
Ince play Leicester (H).
Gross play Bournmouth (A)

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

-12 for me!

Lukaku to Kane
Rooney to Morata
Mbemba to Davies
Mane to Atsu
Pogba to Antonio

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

dan_92 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 21:19 -12 for me!
:shock:
Good luck, I guess the bench was not going to help you out to spread the cost?
I just played my WC because I had 3 non playing prior to Pogba's injury and a few average performances. I did take a -4 to get Kane in last week but I hate the loss of points before the deadline unless absolutely necessary.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

KTBFFH wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 20:51
No, the wildcard can be played any time during a game week. I played mine yesterday, despite 2 FT. There isn't much TV to be gained on a wildcard anyway.

KTBFFH
FISOhead

Post by KTBFFH »

hancockjr wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 21:28
No, the wildcard can be played any time during a game week. I played mine yesterday, despite 2 FT. There isn't much TV to be gained on a wildcard anyway.
No, sorry, I know I could play it now, but I know that my ML leader will be doing it then and I want to hold out or I'll be worse off than I am now (if that's even possible). Surely TV is only affected like that when the whole world is wildcarding at the same time (like during breaks). On off-peak weeks you still get to take advantage of buying and selling those that rise twice?

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

KTBFFH wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 21:44
hancockjr wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 21:28
No, sorry, I know I could play it now, but I know that my ML leader will be doing it then and I want to hold out or I'll be worse off than I am now (if that's even possible). Surely TV is only affected like that when the whole world is wildcarding at the same time (like during breaks). On off-peak weeks you still get to take advantage of buying and selling those that rise twice?
have you checked how many (few) have risen twice in a week?

Forget TV - points are what matters.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MPTree wrote:I need a 6.7 or less forward - who'd have thunk decent options at that price point would be in such short supply?

Wood not worth a 2nd look? Liverpool always vulnerable, especially at set pieces it seems. Everton not in the best of sorts. Both will meet Burnley after midweek European adventures with Burnley fully rested. And a nice home game against Huddersfield in between.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Still stuck on what to do with Pogba, have no money itb. Ideally wanted Kane in too. Which looks better?

A) -8
Alonso > Davies
Pogba > Mki
Lukaku > Kane (c)
0.3itb

B) -8
Naughton > Wimmer
Pogba > Antonio
Lukaku > Kane (c)
0.0itb

C) -4
Cedric > Wimmer
Pogba > Mki

Foster / Elliot
Alonso / Jones / Cedric / Naughton / Goldson
Erikson / Salah / Pogba / Chalobah / Carroll
Lukaku / Morata / Firmino
0.4itb

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Need to get Kane in. Anyone see a better plan then Chica :arrow: Joselu
Lukaku :arrow: Kane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”