To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Heung Min Son

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Heung Min Son

I consider him
66%
Good option, but not for me
25%
Really bad idea
9%

Total votes: 53

Skrtel
Treebeard

Heung Min Son

Post by Skrtel »

What is your opinion about this guy? Could be gold at 8.0, right? Great ppm record.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Re: Heung Min Son

Post by jacksosi »

Getting him in asap, probably next week. He smashed it at times last year. Hope he's quiet this week so a bit of a differential.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

He's under consideration for next week, depending how I go with spurs in general. Bit wary that his position could be one Poch looks to make a signing.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Yup, same here.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Really his ppm are only relevant when calculated in games when Kane was in the side; he scored more when Kane was out as he played as striker, but unless Kane is out again those games aren't really relevant.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

hancockjr wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 11:48 Really his ppm are only relevant when calculated in games when Kane was in the side; he scored more when Kane was out as he played as striker, but unless Kane is out again those games aren't really relevant.
Also ppm isn't a great metric when a player's minutes consist of a fair few sub appearances compared to starts, since they end up getting a disproportionately high amount of appearance points which skews their ppm upwards.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

3 ass and 2 goals in the five last games.

Got Eriksen currently but a swap Eriksen --> Son could make some cash available. Is there anyone out there thinking about Min Son now?

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

From FPL terms, Son is Sterling lite. Perhaps a wee little bit more rotation threat and perhaps a wee little bit less goal/assist potential. In the consideration set yes, but will really be looked at if any one of Kane, Alli or Eriksen is injured.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

He is greedy, attacking and in a good team. If he did get a run of games I can see him being a solid option. Would need to see what is happening with Alli though. Anyone from Spurs know if he would play if the trio of Kane/Erikson/Alli were fit?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Does it need anyone from Spurs to confirm that?

What have we seen over the last two seasons?
Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn’t

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Last season (or the one before) didn't Alli play a lot of games in the double pivot while Eriksen played further forward?

Now it seems that Poch prefers to play Eriksen deeper in Wanyama's absense and Alli further forward.

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

Bizarrely sons match time is going to come down to Toby Alderweirelds injury. Reason being once he is fit and Spurs revert to Toby, vert and Sanchez across the back with wing backs, dier will push forward which only leaves 2 spots behind the striker, and so far those spots have held pretty firm in Eriksen and Allis favour.

That being said with the minutes Son does get it wouldnt surprise me him getting decent points. It's really annoying as his potential to score very well is being scuppered by an unfortunate situation where he is essentially the 12th man in an 11 man team.

To be honest at the minute I'm very surprised Spurs haven't shifted alli back in to midfield and removed Sissoko (who is a goat) allowing son a spot beside Eriksen, as this worked really well when played against Madrid at their gaff, at least I think that was the game off the top of my head.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So is he now nailed?

Obviously not worth a transfer just yet, but he might be my DGW22 target if he is nailed. So I will then budget 2FT for DGW22 to bring in Eriksen and Son.

I think Alli is the biggest bench threat of the trio Eriksen, Alli, Son at the moment. Am I right? Also his role is somewhat questionable, he might play deeper than the other two.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I honestly don't think Son could ever be described as nailed.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I'd go Son over Alli at the moment. Also, he's a thug and a black mark to any team.

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

What about Lamela? Could he be a threat to Son's minutes?
He's only 6.3m too...

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

elliot wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 11:55 What about Lamela? Could he be a threat to Son's minutes?
He's only 6.3m too...
That's a good spot. I don't think he is pickable in FPL but he may definitely steal minutes from others.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Pochettino absolutely praising Son and telling how ultimately valuable he is for the team:
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 29656.html

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

He'll bench him now. I am worried about slightly more rotation for Son. Wanyama and Lamela back will probably impact something, just hope it isn't this dgw. I think I'll see how he does and then make a decision from there. Other options including Lingard.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

That's a miserable headline.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Sutter Kane wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 10:15 He'll bench him now. I am worried about slightly more rotation for Son. Wanyama and Lamela back will probably impact something, just hope it isn't this dgw. I think I'll see how he does and then make a decision from there. Other options including Lingard.
Spurs will have more options and more scope for rotation... so definitely ‘some’ impact. but I’d guess it’s the likes of Sissoko and Dembele (and even the lesser used Winks) that will be more directly impacted.

Has to be a lack of sharpness and fitness with wanyama and Lamela missing so much football... so I’m not sure they’ll be dropping straight in to the team (as we’ve seen with Lamela getting a few minutes here and there.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

He’s a keeper at the moment. Seems to be essential to Spurs moving forward and counter attacking. Plenty of pace and capable of taking someone on.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep: this GW would have been even worse without him and Arnie, who I brought in for the DGW.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Me too, kept them both and brought in Lingard for Coutinho. Hopefully he rewards me tonight. Regarding Son, he’s always looking to beat the man and make things happen. He’s not afraid of a shot from distance too where as a lot of PL players seem to be afraid for some reason.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd planned to move Son on by now (post DGW) but as has been said above, it doesn't seem worth moving him on just yet.

His lack of price rises is a bit annoying, although I suppose it does mean fewer other teams get his points!

Alderweireld is back soon too (going by FPL's flag) so how that affects things might be holding people off transferring Son in.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

swadd1er wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 11:37 He’s not afraid of a shot from distance too where as a lot of PL players seem to be afraid for some reason.

Probably because they don't practice enough, and as a result are rubbish at it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

As long as they don;t go back to 3 CB's he should still get enough playing time?

Yeah, i have the Eden\DCL debacle to sort out first :roll:

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

blahblah wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 14:06 As long as they don;t go back to 3 CB's he should still get enough playing time?
Agreed. And that is not happening before Alderweireld is back.
And anyway - Son is in devastating form. too good to be benched I suppose. I will revise my opinion of him being Sterling-light. He is better than that. Slightly slower than Sterling, but more clinical - basically at this moment, there is little to choose between the two.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I think that you are being a bit harsh on Sterling.

In previous seasons I have mocked his finishing, but I brought him in this season (a while back) when I read\heard that he was Citeh's most clinical finisher :shock:

Admittedly I am still surprised that he consistently returns FF points :lol:

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Oh no, not what I meant at all, apologies. I think Sterling is brilliant, and very much improved in his finishing. He is a poor finisher the way Salah is a poor finisher i.e. not poor at all. Son is an excellent natural finisher, though. That's all the difference.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”