To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FantasyFutopia Gameweek Previews!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
twhelan22
Treebeard

FantasyFutopia Gameweek Previews!

Post by twhelan22 »

Hi all,

I just started a new fantasy football content site, www.fantasyfutopia.com!
We have regular gameweek previews and reviews and other tips & tricks articles to help you with your lineups each week.
We are focused on daily fantasy games (sites like DraftKings) but there is plenty of useful info for season long games like FPL as well.

The gameweek 2 preview article is up now and I went pretty in depth on Saturday's matches, with a bit of an extra full season preview for teams like Arsenal and West Ham thrown in.
Check it out here!

http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gamew ... ain-slate/

If you liked the articles please let me know either in the thread here or on Twitter @FantsayFutopia or @tom_whelan.
Thanks to the mods for letting me post on the forum and looking forward to seeing some of you over at FantasyFutopia!

GL this weekend.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Re: FantasyFutopia Gameweek Previews!

Post by twhelan22 »

I just posted a preview article for gameweek 3, focusing on the DraftKings main slate. Check it out here!

twhelan22
Treebeard

Re: Summer transfers and FPL prospects

Post by twhelan22 »

Hi all, I just wrote a huge article on transfers! It's focused on daily fantasy but has a lot of useful info for FPL too imo, as well as a general rant about some of the shenanigans that went on during the past week:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/transfer- ... rspective/

Will give some cliff notes for FPL here:
Zappacosta - Elite fantasy option if starting regularly, might take some CK if we are lucky.
Aurier - Elite if you can stomach using him (disgusting behaviour off the field).
Sanches - Over-hyped, not a great fantasy option. Keep an eye on him but avoid for now (almost no goal or assist contribution). OK signing on paper, but better for Swans to spend loan fees on attacking mids rather than another CM.
LLorente - Lol. Probably 3rd choice behind Kane and Sonaldo, but avoid anyway (see article for full explanation).
Bony - Great to replace Llorente with Bony. Was rubbish at Stoke but pretty good fantasy option if he can regain form. Shame for Abraham as I am extremely high on the young Chelsea loanee long term. Hopefully Bony doesn't canabalise Abraham's playing time because he will be a world class striker in a few years if given the right opportunities.
Drinkwater - No thanks.
West Brom - Great signings but none of them will move the needle in FPL. Keep an eye on Oliver Burke, he needs goals but is talented and could be a decent punt if you are in desperate need of a differential.
Ox - Wait and see, very interesting if starting regularly. Big loss for Arsenal imo.
Burnley strikers - Treat Chris Wood like Andre Gray last season, avoid Nahki Wells.
Various deadline day defenders - Don't expect any to start, aside from Sakho, unless mentioned above. Wouldn't rush to get any of them in anyway. Dragovic is dodgy at CB imo so downgrade Leicester defence if he is starting there regularly. Gibbs is OK but would much rather have a CB if you want WBA exposure in FPL (set piece goals). Sakho is a great signing (should be starting for Liverpool), but do you really want exposure to the Palace defence right now?
Arsenal - Hahaha
West Ham - See above

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

I just posted another preview article for gameweek 4, hopefully there is a ton of useful info in there!

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Hey, just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying these previews and your DFS articles. Really well informed and great content. I don't play that often on DK (usually the golf majors for a punt TBH) but the insight they've given me have definitely given me the impetus to start playing some of the smaller $5 and under games and also make me think about my FPL selections. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated. :)

I should also add that your contributions elsewhere are also greatly appreciated. The player radars etc. All great info.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

dino1980 wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 22:17 Hey, just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying these previews and your DFS articles. Really well informed and great content. I don't play that often on DK (usually the golf majors for a punt TBH) but the insight they've given me have definitely given me the impetus to start playing some of the smaller $5 and under games and also make me think about my FPL selections. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated. :)

I should also add that your contributions elsewhere are also greatly appreciated. The player radars etc. All great info.
Really appreciate your feedback, great to hear!

Once you get started with DFS properly you won't want to go back to FPL :D It can be daunting to get going but if you have already played a bit and know season-long well then you are in a great position to succeed.
It definitely makes sense to get involved now imo before it really goes mainstream, so it's awesome to hear that you have started playing and that the articles have made you think more about FPL too.

Thanks again for the comments and good luck this weekend!

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

I know it's too late for FPL, but in case any of you play DFS I just uploaded another preview for tomorrow's action. Check it out here!
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-5-preview/

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Great write up! I particularly enjoyed the Liverpool section :)

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

dino1980 wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 00:13 Great write up! I particularly enjoyed the Liverpool section :)
I didn't :P

I suppose that's the problem with writing previews based on stats without watching any actual football, you come up with nonsense like "{Burnley's} entire strategy is to pack the box with bodies, allow lots of shots, and hope Heaton can save them." :roll:

Amazing how they managed to put three past the champions last month with that strategy.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

dino1980 wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 00:13 Great write up! I particularly enjoyed the Liverpool section :)
Thanks!

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Tall Paul wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 09:20

I suppose that's the problem with writing previews based on stats without watching any actual football, you come up with nonsense like "{Burnley's} entire strategy is to pack the box with bodies, allow lots of shots, and hope Heaton can save them." :roll:

Amazing how they managed to put three past the champions last month with that strategy.
You're right, it was amazing!

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

twhelan22 wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 11:05

Burnley being amazing is becoming a bit of a habit.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Tall Paul wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 19:15
twhelan22 wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 11:05

Burnley being amazing is becoming a bit of a habit.
Ha I knew you would have replied after the game! Great results so far, we'll see what happens throughout the rest of the season. I personally think they will go down but we will have to agree to disagree on that one.
Fwiw I do watch games and that is how Burnley play; sit deep and allow lots of low quality shots from the edge of the area for easyish saves etc. The data backs up that statement also.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

The gameweek 6 preview is up for the DK main slate:

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Gameweek 7 preview is up for the Saturday games. Check it out if you play daily fantasy!
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gamew ... -saturday/

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

I posted another DFS preview for GW8:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-8-preview/

I also wrote a how-to guide for Yahoo daily fantasy if you're interested in getting started:
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/play-w ... 31765.html

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

I know it's too late for FPL, but if you play DFS you might find the GW9 preview useful!
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-9-preview/

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Nice work, your articles are very well researched and I personally love the stats based slant you put on things.

The Man City Vs Burnley analysis in gif form was a nice touch, even if I am hoping that you're wrong about it :lol:

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Mav3rick wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 07:06 Nice work, your articles are very well researched and I personally love the stats based slant you put on things.

The Man City Vs Burnley analysis in gif form was a nice touch, even if I am hoping that you're wrong about it :lol:
When it comes to Burnley, he usually is (wrong).

As for the gif, just as in GoT, we all know who the good guys are and that they'll win in the end.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Haha thanks! I made Burnley the good guys to be fair.

Always very negative on Burnley for DFS purposes because of the way the scoring system works; even if City don't score many goals they will get enough shots and crosses to be elite options this weekend.
I do think Burnley are very good at what they do, it's just a risky strategy that might come undone against a team as good as City. Interested to watch it anyway!

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I don't play DFS, so if that's how the scoring system work, fair enough. We do allow teams a lot of crosses and long range shots, so if they're rewarded in DFS pile on I suppose.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

I thought Burnley played very well but tried to push up a bit too high in the 2nd half - you're going to get punished against City if you leave space in behind.

I managed to make my way to the top of the fiso league despite spending about 5mins/week on FPL, largely thanks to info I've picked up from researching and playing DFS. The GW10 Saturday slate preview is up now and I went quite heavy with the stats in this one, so it should be worth a look even if you don't play any daily fantasy formats:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-10-preview/

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Safe to say I dropped way out of contention in the fiso league this week! Glad I got Yoshida in...

DFS preview for GW11 is up now for those interested:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-11-preview/

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the international break? The DFS preview for GW12 is up for those of you that can't wait to get back into the swing of fantasy EPL:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-12-preview/

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Another Saturday preview to get stuck into:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-13-preview/

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Thanks for continuing to post these. Love the write ups and the stats boxes for each team with their league ranking on various metrics are excellent.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

dino1980 wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 11:10 Thanks for continuing to post these. Love the write ups and the stats boxes for each team with their league ranking on various metrics are excellent.
Appreciate it, thanks! I was short on time this week and nearly didn't include the stat boxes actually, so it's good to know that they are useful.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

DFS preview for today's slate is up!
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-18-preview/

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Hope everyone had a good Xmas! GW21 preview is up for the DFS slate on Saturday:
http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/epl-gameweek-21-preview/

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”