To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Overall rank

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
swadd1er
Dumbledore

Overall rank

Post by swadd1er »

You're here again to post your overall rank at the end of each gameweek.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Re: Overall rank

Post by swadd1er »

I must be the only person with a rank :lol:

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Decent score I got too

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

swadd1er wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 21:14 You're here again to post your overall rank at the end of each gameweek.

What a difference 1 point more could make.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Having a cr@p gw1 1,763,162 looks more like an IP address than an OR

Still better than last season as I did not even set up a team until gw2

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

3,126 :shock: It's only downhill from here on in. Highest I've been for a long time in this.

The Fiso league has a bit of an early 2000's feel about it, with me and Chris King both in the top 3. :lol:

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I suppose I could have had a worse start. I was quite happy with 81 points week one. Looks like a lot of work ahead!

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Rick wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 08:29 3,126 :shock: It's only downhill from here on in. Highest I've been for a long time in this.

The Fiso league has a bit of an early 2000's feel about it, with me and Chris King both in the top 3. :lol:
Just what I was thinking when I saw us at the top. :D Would have liked 1 more point for my century but shouldn't grumble with 99 points. Might have to pay more attention with this team rather than TFF.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Rick wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 08:29 3,126 :shock: It's only downhill from here on in. Highest I've been for a long time in this.

wow, glad that starting the season atop the forum League brought you here in the FPL Forum! :D
apart from a post about DDG a month ago, last time you posted here was before I even joined fiso 3 years ago

it's good that "fresh" Fisoers get a link to the forum legacy once in a while
and glad that when I'll have my weekly [hopefully] Fiso league rankings rewiew, I'll know which member owns the Ricks Raiders team
you sure had a better start than last one (1,673,399) I wish you to renew the perfromances from a decade ago, this season

BTW, before you disappear again in the SDT and Horses forums ;)
could you hint us under which Fiso username can we find "Chris King"?
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/925018/event/1
there's plenty of chris members... a ChrisKing one with 0 posts, and a ChrisK a bit more active (in Horses and UEFA forums) but not posting in last 4 years (although that nick has a somehow famous ring to me :? )
I know this might sound a bit Big Brotheresque, but of course I only do it with the purpose of promoting a community feeling and knowledge in the FISO FPL forum...

it's nice to have strong performing teams at the top of the "FISO Forum" league, but if posters and league members here don't know which fellow fisoer is the team sprinting ahead in our league, it's of litte use to the forum :? ...imho :)
that's why I think it's great you showed up :)

oh, and BTW well done Mo Bot, nice start ;)
6k, 2nd in the Forum League with a nice round 100p,
atop all your leagues EXCEPT this one :o

Lorenz94
Wideboy

Post by Lorenz94 »

A player in my private league is 486 overall :shock:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 09:17
err.... X-post
admin wrote:

Just what I was thinking when I saw us at the top. :D Would have liked 1 more point for my century but shouldn't grumble with 99 points. Might have to pay more attention with this team rather than TFF.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
you mean....

admin himself???

it would have a weird feeling in the ranking tables seein "FISO Name = admin" up there
:mrgreen: :D

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

593,421 happy with it

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

it's great to see that the habit of sharing your team link in the button is catching a bit more than in last season... :)

swadd1er https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/8676/history
carver https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/182/history
Geri https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/ent ... 93/history
Lorenz94 https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/ent ... 78/history

why don't you four above take the next step and
JOIN the FISO Forum official private league as well? :mrgreen:
announcement in the Sidegames subforum, see CODE there viewtopic.php?f=82&t=124739
always if there's no particular reason preventing you to do so, of course, like avoiding to spread knowledge of the FISO forum to other players in your ML :roll: :roll: :roll:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

BTW, OxNZ, you mixed up the link format

history goes after a/entry
while the GW goes after a/team ... /event/1
you have a/team with history instead

here's the correct one
Oxford NZ https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/4385/history

BTW if you want to link to a specific GW, you can use
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/4385/event/1
that will always point to your GW1 team, even in the future (use of course /event/x for GWx)

but I also found out that you can use a generic
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/4385
to point to the CURRENT GW of a team
that is pointing to your GW1, but will automatically point to your GW2 team after GW2 deadline

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

MoSe wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 09:45 Geri https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/ent ... 93/history

why don't you four above take the next step and
JOIN the FISO Forum official private league as well? :mrgreen:
announcement in the Sidegames subforum, see CODE there viewtopic.php?f=82&t=124739
always if there's no particular reason preventing you to do so, of course, like avoiding to spread knowledge of the FISO forum to other players in your ML :roll: :roll: :roll:
I have already joined the league but had forgotten to update my team link from last year. Done now.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

perfect then, sorry my bad, how could I believe you were Gu Gu United from Myanmar? :oops:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

MoSe wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 09:46 BTW, OxNZ, you mixed up the link format

history goes after a/entry
while the GW goes after a/team ... /event/1
you have a/team with history instead

here's the correct one
Oxford NZ https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/4385/history

BTW if you want to link to a specific GW, you can use
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/4385/event/1
that will always point to your GW1 team, even in the future (use of course /event/x for GWx)

but I also found out that you can use a generic
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/4385
to point to the CURRENT GW of a team
that is pointing to your GW1, but will automatically point to your GW2 team after GW2 deadline
Thanks for that Mose, I assumed it worked as when tested it went directly to my history page. But saying that if I do not have my own team open sometimes when I hit on other players buttons it takes me to my team page. That can be a little disconcerting as I assume most FISO's have better teams than that.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

MoSe wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 09:45 if there's no particular reason preventing you to do so, of course, like avoiding to spread knowledge of the FISO forum to other players in your ML :roll: :roll: :roll:
My exact reason for not joining. I don't want them looking at my leagues and finding this place :lol: I'll see where I would've positioned at the end of the season had I entered

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

OK, if there's cash involved, I understand

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

my own FPL career GW1 rankings (of course in GW1 GR=OR)

14/15 2,155,092
15/16 2,364,167
16/17    724,616 (with the autopick!)
17/18 2,233,424 back to usual, autopick wouldn't have saved me this time viewtopic.php?p=3086190#p3086190

I was ~500k sunday morning before last 2 matches.... C-Kane and no Lukaku costed me over 1.7M in rankning....

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

MoSe wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 09:17

wow, glad that starting the season atop the forum League brought you here in the FPL Forum! :D
apart from a post about DDG a month ago, last time you posted here was before I even joined fiso 3 years ago

it's good that "fresh" Fisoers get a link to the forum legacy once in a while
and glad that when I'll have my weekly [hopefully] Fiso league rankings rewiew, I'll know which member owns the Ricks Raiders team
you sure had a better start than last one (1,673,399) I wish you to renew the perfromances from a decade ago, this season

there's plenty of chris members... a ChrisKing one with 0 posts, and a ChrisK a bit more active (in Horses and UEFA forums) but not posting in last 4 years (although that nick has a somehow famous ring to me :? )
I know this might sound a bit Big Brotheresque, but of course I only do it with the purpose of promoting a community feeling and knowledge in the FISO FPL forum...

it's nice to have strong performing teams at the top of the "FISO Forum" league, but if posters and league members here don't know which fellow fisoer is the team sprinting ahead in our league, it's of litte use to the forum :? ...imho :)
that's why I think it's great you showed up :)

oh, and BTW well done Mo Bot, nice start ;)
6k, 2nd in the Forum League with a nice round 100p,
atop all your leagues EXCEPT this one :o

Cripes! that was a long post.

Must admit FPL is not top of my priority list. Mainly because of the poor overall prize for such a big competition, so I tend to get more interested in competitions where I actually have a chance of winning some money.

This year I have spent a bit longer on it as have been coerced into joining two money mini leagues so it has a little more interest. But it was still a lucky start, probably the best one I have ever had in 25 odd years of playing FF. Doing quite well across the board in other comps. It's kinda nice in FPL to not feel like I have to use my wildcard in the second week as I have done in quite a few seasons recently. :D

I don't intentionally not post on here, just been no reason to. I post on the other forums as I'm more involved in those competitions. It's funny that you mention Horses, as even though I play those comps and even organised a mini league this year (as no one else had done it) I know absolutely nothing about that particular sport and never bet on it. But even saying that, the fact that it had a Cash prize got my interest up, I treated it a bit like a free lottery ticket.

In the past I have been fairly active in the Daily Star, Mirror, BFF, Times, OFL, Daily Record, and numerous other forums, but all those comps are gone now. :cry: I post mostly in the Sun forum now because I have been more involved in that comp lately.

As you have worked out Chris King is Admin. He actully started FISO in about 2001 (I think it was). And I actually emailed him before the forum even existed. He has just won TFFO (I think it was) and I had just missed out on winning Ladbrokes FF after leading it all season. So after seeing an article about him and his new Fantasy Football site (FISO) in a national newspaper, I found the site and e-mailed him. I did mention that It was nice to be able to talk to someone else who was into fantasy football, as most people I knew, liked it, but weren't really into it. He then mentioned there would be a forum coming soon. The rest is history :lol: .

As you can imagine I was one of the first members. The early days on here were quite different. Only one forum (no sub forums at all). You could post something but you may not get an answer for days if at all (actually that still happens to me sometimes :D ). You could actually go a day with no one posting all all. Quite quickly though the numbers grew, It didn't hurt that our mini leagues were always top of the mini league leagues.

Anyway that should give you little bit of the history. I'm not sure if the original forum (pre 2008) is still available, or lost in the sands of time now.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

246k, with 81 points

Hopefully this is my worst rank of the season - it's odd, last season, with the Aguero - Ibrahimovic front 2, I got a similar score, but a much higher rank

I guess a lot more of the "obvious" players scored this year

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I've joined the FISO league. But do I have to start from GW2 :(

MiNiMaL_FuSS
Treebeard

Post by MiNiMaL_FuSS »

90points, 55k, bad captaincy choice cost me dearly :(

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Rick wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 13:05

As you can imagine I was one of the first members. The early days on here were quite different. Only one forum (no sub forums at all). You could post something but you may not get an answer for days if at all (actually that still happens to me sometimes :D ). You could actually go a day with no one posting all all. Quite quickly though the numbers grew, It didn't hurt that our mini leagues were always top of the mini league leagues.

Anyway that should give you little bit of the history. I'm not sure if the original forum (pre 2008) is still available, or lost in the sands of time now.
wow looks like precede you by 6 mins :)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

carver wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 14:51 I've joined the FISO league. But do I have to start from GW2 :(
If you started fpl in gw1, you can join any Classic league halfway, and you'll have your whole overall score counted.
You'll just "pop-up" into the league as if you've been there from the start.
You are listed now as pending entrant, you'll be insterted at first scores update.

I'll keep on lobbying for fiso members to join the Fiso Forum League the whole season long.
In the forum it's easy to overlook the forum league, or to not bother at first, I think every poster should be entitled to join it late, it's not about "etiquette" it's about forum representativity.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

andybarrell wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 18:39
Rick wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 13:05

wow looks like precede you by 6 mins :)
The forum was changed in 2005, so everyone had to start from scratch again. I originally joined in about July I think (not sure exactly) 2001 before the season started anyway. My user name was 'Rich' then. And I have used that name on this forum too.

I forget which one I used first but changed when I got to 999posts as I didn't want to be a 'grumpy old man' as I wasn't. Now I don't mind that moniker as I am one now :wink: .

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I passed the 1000 posts mark a couple of days ago. Grumpy Old Man fits perfectly

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I was just going to post in here but MoSe has done it for me. Thanks MoSe. 6426th and 28 points behind.

I feel privileged to be sandwiched between fantasy football royalty. I remember playing my first comp which was the Herald game and I'm sure Rich won that.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Yes I did win that one, Chris did as well, in fact he won the one with the bigger prize (there were two versions of that game) great times, I used to love that comp. Especially the final year when they did £1k for the monthly (instead of a bottle on whiskey previously!). The competition was perfect for me 3 or 4 transfers a month and included the Scottish Prem as well as ours. Not that I had that much knowledge of Scottish football when it started. Daily Record comp was very good to me too. :D There's quite a few on here who miss those two comps. I always thought they ditched BFF because so many Sassanachs kept winning it :lol:

That has made me remember two great picks from those days Kris Boyd and Charlie Adam, points machines in their early days.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”