To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2017/18 FPL Price Changes and Team Value Monitoring

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Skrtel
Treebeard

Re: Team value and price rises

Post by Skrtel »

I have an (maybe stupid) question:

I kept Jesus during his price drop, is he likely to get that .1 back, and if so, will I get that .1 if I sell (you need .2 to get .1 if you sell)?

Same thing with J Rod.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Skrtel wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 20:11 I have an (maybe stupid) question:

I kept Jesus during his price drop, is he likely to get that .1 back, and if so, will I get that .1 if I sell (you need .2 to get .1 if you sell)?

Same thing with J Rod.
You'll get it back provided you don't sell him. The price rise "tax" only applies on price rises above your purchase price.

Jesus is rising in ownership, so you can keep an eye on FPLS to see if he's rising and how much he is progressing each day. By Wednesday the transfer activity will more or less die off for a week though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yeah, a defo keep for me...

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

blahblah wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 19:56 PS: you do not have to click the WC button until the last minute: then your Xfers will count for NTI\O....
Not going to do so myself this time as I'll be holidaying for two weeks throughout some national parks in the US. Can't risk that. Good thing I'll be leaving September 1st, so at least the transfer window will be shut.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

re the TW, I wanted to wait until that settled down, as this could be a biggie Fantasy-wise

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Doesn't seem like we can take advantage of double risers when the top candidates struggle to rise even once.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Have his odds been slashed by Skybet?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Kane finally dropped last night.
Looooong way to go to the next one though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Loads of Xfers to be made between now and Saturday....

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

How the heck did Vokes rise when he was only on 90% at half twelve this morning?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

...and ageuro dropping was, I think, completely unpredicted.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 09:14 ...and ageuro dropping was, I think, completely unpredicted.
Not completely, if a player is more than -90.0 in FPL Statistics then it's always a risk. I think he was about -95.0.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Resonare wrote:How the heck did Vokes rise when he was only on 90% at half twelve this morning?
Not how, but why?

Sent from mobile

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Is he even sure if his place now Wood has arrived? Guess we'll find out in 10 minutes.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Both Wood and Vokes start

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

There are so many decent premium striker options right now, it's hard to see any of them attracting a double rise, and in the case of Jesus who I own even a single rise to make back his loss in value.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Had a quick look at FPL Stats and FFFix this morning. It really seems that price rises and falls won't happen as much as they did last season.

Subsequently I think this could be the year of the less-hit-takers - like Ville - or even the no-hit-takers. It will be important to be able to identify players who will deliver you a steady stream of points rather than a steady stream of price rises like could have been the case in some situations last season. Forward planning will be crucial in my opinion.

I certainly won't stress my team structure as much as I did last season and I will try not to panic again in poor gameweeks. Luckily I have my first wildcard out of the way so I can't use it when I'm frustrated. :)

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Joccki_10 wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 09:42 Had a quick look at FPL Stats and FFFix this morning. It really seems that price rises and falls won't happen as much as they did last season.
Yes, it seems a bit slower, but perhaps there have been more early wildcards that have slowed down the price changes? I don't use any sites that track that sort of data, so I'll leave it to someone with more endeavor to check whether it's true or not.

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

I don't know the comparative stats from previous seasons but could it just be that we've had a few weeks in a row where people were quite sensible to delay decisions- spreading out the transfers (transfer deadline day, international break, return of the CL...)?

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Scout says there is indeed a slow down in relative transfer activity . Not sure I buy it as a complete explanation, but here we go:

FINAL THOUGHTS

Looking at the numbers overall, what is becoming clear is that this season appears a different beast to the last one, with transfer volumes lower, despite the addition of over a million extra managers.

After last season’s supermarket sweep of a transfer market, with prices incredibly volatile, the numbers at the start of this term seem to show a swing towards a more conservative approach.

For instance, only 275,254 players used their Wildcard over the first international break, while in 2016/17, 310,522 activated the chip.

Additionally, total transfers between Gameweeks 3-4 only showed a very slight increase. We saw 7,863,661 transfers prior to Gameweek 4, compared with 7,268,511 during the same spell last season.

Remembering that there are 20% more players, this represents quite a downturn in activity.

When comparing transfers made during Gameweeks 2 and 3 across the two seasons, we witnessed over two million more each time in 2017/18. But this dropped to just 559,000+ more during the break.

This may be borne out of uncertainty when committing to transfers: the tendency for swaps in and out to backfire (in some cases spectacularly) in the opening Gameweeks may have prompted a cautious, wait and see approach.

Equally, it may be that injury and suspension have restricted managers to enforced changes rather than use multiple transfers to carry out surgery and move for bandwagons.

There are further factors to consider, though, with the return of some proven big hitters perhaps poised to break up the early template.

With the likes of Eden Hazard and Alexis Sanchez yet to have an impact on our seasons, managers may be showing early caution and reserving Wildcards and transfer hits with this in mind.

With fixtures swinging for some clubs from Gameweek 6, the market may well recover dramatically, with high activity due around that period.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... ameweek-4/

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tomorrow we will probably get some more information regarding a triple rise threshold. Aguero will probably exceed the current threshold set by FPL Statistics, but I guess their threshold for a third rise is just similar to a second rise, right? The thing is we don't really know what's a threshold for a triple rise in these days. I don't think any triple rise happened in the past two season, can someone confirm this? I recall they used to be very common in 2013-14.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Finisher1 wrote:Tomorrow we will probably get some more information regarding a triple rise threshold. Aguero will probably exceed the current threshold set by FPL Statistics, but I guess their threshold for a third rise is just similar to a second rise, right? The thing is we don't really know what's a threshold for a triple rise in these days. I don't think any triple rise happened in the past two season, can someone confirm this? I recall they used to be very common in 2013-14.

I think we had a few last season, but I’m not sure.

Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Klaren »

I don't understand some of the rises and falls at all:

Danilo is about to fall just after Mendy is injured and he got a clean sheet
Mee is about to fall when he just got a clean sheet in the last 2 home games he played
Davies is about to rise although he didn't play last week and only got 1 point this week.

People's transfer decisions really don't make any sense to me.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Klaren wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 01:35 I don't understand some of the rises and falls at all:

Mee is about to fall when he just got a clean sheet in the last 2 home games he played
Davies is about to rise although he didn't play last week and only got 1 point this week.

Mee falling about 2 weeks now so don't take it on the reading of rise and fall are incorrect

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Klaren wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 01:35 I don't understand some of the rises and falls at all:

What I've gathered over the years is that casuals look at the first screen and total score, rather than current form or rotation etc. So they might have someone like Alonso who blanked, and see Davies at a cheaper price with more points and just make the transfer.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

FFFix: "21 Sep: Price change update. 65 rises, 360 falls so far. 86 and 486 at same point last season. We can be sure by now the thresholds for rises and falls have been increased slightly, over and above the usual scaling for the increase in number of people playing FPL."

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Aguero is now getting NTO, just a few transfers below his fourth rise.

Aguero's fourth rise: DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swish41
Kevin and Perry

Post by Swish41 »

Hey guys, sorry if this has been discussed before, but i have a question. I got Firmino at the beggining of the season, now his buying price is 8.6 and his selling price is 8.5. If he drops again (like it is predicted) will he drop to 8.5 or 8.4. Thanks in advance!!

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

He'll drop to 8.5 and your selling price will remain 8.5. Essentially it is a 'free' drop for you.

kingofpop
Treebeard

Post by kingofpop »

Will JESUS rice soon ???

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”