To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The No Lukaku thread (Who's selling Lukaku, then?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

The No Lukaku thread (Who's selling Lukaku, then?)

Post by Archy »

Is there anybody else, like me, happy with their front 3 (in my case currently Kane, Jesus, Firmino) and feeling no strong desire to have Lukaku....

...But also shit scared of those ownership stats (and captain polls) that could see you losing a large chunk of ground if he starts well at the weekend?

My own feeling is I think he has yet to prove himself at United, his pre-season form is mixed (some goals, but only average reviews), I'm not planning to captain him ahead of Kane, and I'd like to see some evidence he's slotting in well before shelling out £11.5m for a player I don't deem essential........can one afford to wait though??

Anyone in a similar boat?
Last edited by Stemania on 02 Oct 2017, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Re: The No Lukaku thread

Post by carver »

Your arguments are valid. I guess as long as your alternatives score well there isnt a problem even if he bags up.

Despite being at a new club I see Lukaku as a steady eddie. Even though he hasnt played well in the warm ups he is helping himself to goals. I dont see him blanking much, at worst I see a steady stream of points.

I see a couple of tap ins this weekend and off to a 13 point flyer

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

I am a lil bit scared as well, but happy with the best balanced team i happy since i took him off. Going with a cheaper offensive line of (Kane, Firmino, King) but a pretty strong mid line with KDB, Salah and Pogba (MY United coverage since i don't have him).

I didn't see all the games of Man Utd in the pre-season, but the game against Real Madrid (Ok i know is a pretty strong team) Lukaku looked poor for me (despite the goal on the rebound of Navas) what made my choice of going without him for now more clear.

For me the question mark is if Rashford is going to be a starter or not. If he does, he is a brilliant price and can give some decent returns.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think I'll be going with Lukaku initially (to follow the good fixtures), but am fully prepared to fall on the Kane sword by GW3. Lukaku is no sure thing for me, especially if it turns out he's not on pens.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I'd rather have him and he fail then not have him and he explode.

Viduka
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Viduka »

No lukaku and No kane for me. Instead i have doubled on spurs In midfield. Then i Can get kane In for week 3 later. Got 1,5 mil In bank. Think the likes of Jesus and Benteke ( don't wanna be without him against a team that can't defend)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viduka
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Viduka »

*what i meant was that tekkers and Jesus Can Do Well In 2/3 first games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I've cracked and brought him in :?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I would really prefer Kane, but haven't got the guts to ignore the ownership stats early doors. He may well become Kane in GW3 though.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

I don't know if everyone has seen this board, but it's quite impressive how well Lingard and Mkhitaryan have been in the pre-season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:16 I would really prefer Kane, but haven't got the guts to ignore the ownership stats early doors. He may well become Kane in GW3 though.
Over 48% now.

KdB is only on 28.6% (Alli 38.7 vs Kane's 37.6), so I think I'm OK with Jesus, Kane and Lulu....

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

blahblah wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:29
Aldershot Rejects wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:16 I would really prefer Kane, but haven't got the guts to ignore the ownership stats early doors. He may well become Kane in GW3 though.
Over 48% now.

KdB is only on 28.6% (Alli 38.7 vs Kane's 37.6), so I think I'm OK with Jesus, Kane and Lulu....
I'm on Aguero, Jesus and Lukaku. So I've balanced the conservative choice of Lukaku with a bit more of a gamble.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I'm on Kane, Aguero and Jesus so no Lukaku for me. I have Mkhitaryan as think he will get some goals and although I feel Lukaku will score I reckon both Aguero and Jesus will outscore him in Week 1 *holds breath*

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

Impossible_United wrote:Image

I don't know if everyone has seen this board, but it's quite impressive how well Lingard and Mkhitaryan have been in the pre-season.
True, but Pogba played 80% of the pre-season without Matic behind him. Though he was awful in Super Cup, he was still involved in most things happening in front of Real's goal. Still can't decide between him and Mkhi, mostly because of his high ownership. I don't mind doubling either with Lukaku, "coverage theory" and all that

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

I don't have Lukaku either as I'm thinking Boreinho will be more about a clean sheet and trying to win 1-0 so can't bring myself to put him in a negative team IMO

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

fantasyfaz wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 17:49 I don't have Lukaku either as I'm thinking Boreinho will be more about a clean sheet and trying to win 1-0 so can't bring myself to put him in a negative team IMO
Is it any wonder why all Liverpool fans seem to be shite at fpl?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

blahblah wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 15:58 I've cracked and brought him in :?
It's killing me. I really don't want him, but I'm worried he'll end up with some scuffy hattrick. Would be a great feeling though if he blanks and Kane smashes it.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Isalla wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 17:12
Impossible_United wrote:
True, but Pogba played 80% of the pre-season without Matic behind him. Though he was awful in Super Cup, he was still involved in most things happening in front of Real's goal. Still can't decide between him and Mkhi, mostly because of his high ownership. I don't mind doubling either with Lukaku, "coverage theory" and all that
He was awful in Super Cup but like you said, showed that is going to play much closer to the area than before what is a good thing in an FPL prospect. For now my two ManU players are him and Valencia.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Up until tonight Lukaku haven't been in any of my drafts, but I simply can't ignore ownership/Captain anymore. I will minimize risk and fit him in on behalf of Kane. I'm glad I got a big sofa

Rafa - do you're defensive magic

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Impossible_United wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:25 I don't know if everyone has seen this board, but it's quite impressive how well Lingard and Mkhitaryan have been in the pre-season.
Where can we get these kind of tables?

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

I went Lukaku / Jesus / Firmino with Ali in midfield... I wouldn't captain Kane GW1 or 2 so why would I have that much money tied up on 1 player if I don't plan to use him as a captain.

I'd prefer lukaku / ali over kane / Miki or kane / pogba

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Finisher1 wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 21:36
Impossible_United wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:25 I don't know if everyone has seen this board, but it's quite impressive how well Lingard and Mkhitaryan have been in the pre-season.
Where can we get these kind of tables?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comm ... son_stats/

This site seens really nice. Don't know how secure is it, but seens to have very good data.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Owsler wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 18:32
It's killing me. I really don't want him, but I'm worried he'll end up with some scuffy hattrick. Would be a great feeling though if he blanks and Kane smashes it.
I've got both, so no need for a big sofa - assuming KdB doesn't get loads more than Jesus.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

The difficulty I am having at the minute is that I can see an argument to select any striker from Kane, Lukaku, Aguero, Jesus, and Firmino...

- Kane: three straight seasons with 20+ goals and two straight FPL seasons with 200+ points. The scary thing about last season is he missed eight games with injury, yet still managed the golden boot with 29 goals in 30 games. I find it hard not to have that guy in the starting line up even with Spurs playing at Wembley and them being slow starters.
- Lukaku: I want him in my team because I think he will score 20+ goals with Man Utd, but I still go back to last season when they had issues going forwards. Have they solved their lack of creativity problems from last season? I'm not convinced if the super cup is anything to go by. It's one reason I am staying clear of MKH and Pogba for the time being because I think they could be a similar side to last year (i.e. tight at the back, potentially least prolific of the top six), though that's not to say Lukaku won't be very valuable because if he takes on Ibra's role he's going to score a lot of points.
- Aguero and Jesus: paired them together because they could be a very prolific duo, though the negative could be uncertainty of whether both will play. I think if they both start they are contenders for 20+ goals when you factor in the creative players City have on their team. Could they be the next Suarez and Sturridge? I think there's a very good chance.
- Firmino: now listed as a striker, likely to play that role for Liverpool, and potentially on penalties as well. At 8.5 he's arguably the best value striker available because he's surrounded by talented play makers, but is he going to be prolific or 'only' manage around ten goals again? I think his output will be similar to last season, but at 8.5 if he scores in the region of 155-180 points, that is a good return.

I'm in a wait and see mode for Morata and Lacazette. I think the latter is more likely to have an impact this year than the former, but at 10 and 10.5 I think there is better value to be had elsewhere. For instance Jesus is a proven premier league goal scorer at the same price, Firmino is a proven goal scorer and play maker and saves two million, and that's without considering the non-big club options and using money saved to strengthen elsewhere.

Anyway, I am currently in the no Lukaku camp with Kane, Aguero, and Jesus as my three strikers. However, whether that will remain the case at tomorrow night's deadline is another matter!

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

Some please correct me if I am mistaken, but United were not known for their goalscoring last season - a quick check shows they scored less than 2 goals in half of their premier league games, and blanked 8 times - and this was with the amazing Ibra

I don't see Lukaku scoring as many this year as he did last season and if United didn't have the fixtures they do, I think we would see a lot more Kane / Aguero or Kane / Jesus teams than we do now.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Well I've decided to brave it and go without. I don't want to drop any one of Kane, Jesus or Firmino to bring him in.

What I am going to do is bring in Mkhitaryan instead as "cover" in case Man U do get off to a flier. For those toying with having him in their squads, this is an encouraging article (and it certainly makes me feel better knowing he could be playing up top with Lukaku).

http://www.stretford-end.com/2017/08/he ... potential/

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Kane, Agüero and Gabbiadini at the moment. Wise men once said, play it safe. Hence, Agüero :arrow: Lukaku should be made. But Agüero, you're the one that I want, o, o, ooooo.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

BenteKaneKun here
not scared:
careless and wishful :) :mrgreen:

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

RIP thread

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Maybe not :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”