To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Pulis: “Gareth McAuley won't be available for a couple of weeks. He's struggling with his thigh. James Morrison won't feature tomorrow.''
Possibly good news for Hegazi owners?

Stanislas ruled out for up to a month, says Howe. “Everyone else is in contention for Saturday”.

Hughes: "My understanding is we are very close to completing a deal for Bruno Martins Indi. All being well he'll be with us today".

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Hegazi :)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Morata has "improved a lot" during the last 10 days. "He is starting to understand what I want from him [but needs time to adapt]."
Pedro is not available after suffering an ankle injury v AFC in the Comm Shield. Rudiger could start "particularly as Moses is susp."
Conte says the players have been working "very well" in training and their "commitment" has been incredible "better than last season."

Kouyate is working hard & is close to joining in full training, as is Lanzini. "We hope that both will be available before the break.''
Carroll steps up his rehab: "We are looking at days not weeks with Andy, in terms of being back on the training pitch."
Antonio is getting "very close." He will play for the U23s and "all being well" he'll train fully next week and be available for GW2.''
Aaron Cresswell has missed a few days’ training with a knock but is going to train on Friday and will be available for the weekend.

Georges-Kevin N'Koudou [foot], Erik Lamela [hip] and Danny Rose [knee] will miss out but Victor Wanyama and Son return.
Scan results confirm Kieran Trippier suffered minor ankle ligament damage [vs Juventus] and a short recovery time is expected.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Pedro ruled out!

This certainly shakes up things in Chelsea! Willian absolute FPL gold now? What about Batshuayi?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Based on the news, I think that makes Willian a good option to begin with.
He's been in my team for weeks anyway and played very well in the Community Shield.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer has been speaking about new signing Timothy Fosu-Mensah, who has joined on a season-long loan from Manchester United.

"There's a possibility for Timothy to get a lot of minutes here. The system should suit him," said the Dutchman.
Tofu Tim looking good value

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Willian 4 goals and Bats 5 goals in preseason both look decent value to begin with.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Chicarito may start from the bench: "He is not 100%, for me. But he does look sharp and his movement is top class, exceptional."

Pep drops a hint on City's set-up at Brighton: "We played 3-4-3 [last three games] with a diamond – a demanding system but it worked well."

Would that suggest KdB in the hole behind Agüero and Jesus?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Watford confirm Janmaat, Pereyra & Kaboul are recovering after suffering “low-grade muscle injuries” in GW1.

Llorente back in training for Swansea but will still miss GW2 clash with Man United.
Clement on Llorente: “Crystal Palace (GW3) is a possibility. We will see. We will take it day by day with him.”

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Wenger states that Mertesacker will return to Arsenal's squad for the trip to Stoke. Mustafi & Coquelin will also be included.
Wenger on Sanchez - "It looks a bit early. Our medical people think that Saturday comes too soon. He should be available for the next game.''

Klopp: "Sturridge should be available. Looks good. Coutinho still hasn't trained. Still injured.''
Klopp confirms there is “no change” in Clyne’s recovery from a back injury this week.

Brown, Baldock and Kayal ruled out of Brighton’s clash with Leicester.

Clement: “It’s too soon for Llorente. He’s rejoined training but he won’t be ready for this weekend."

No injury concerns for Southampton, confirms Pellegrino.

Zarate back in full training for Watford but will be assessed after long period on the sidelines.
Deeney, Kabasele and Dja Djedje also trained ahead of trip to Bournemouth.

Carroll and Kouyate back in training but this weekend is expected to come too soon.
Antonio available for West Ham’s trip to Southampton. Lanzini expected to return to training on Monday.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 20:20 Wenger on Sanchez - "It looks a bit early. Our medical people think that Saturday comes too soon. He should be available for the next game.''
Was that when he said that the Board may sell Sanchez and OX?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Defoe in contention to start for Bournemouth. Late decision on Francis. Stanislas and Wilson still out.

Hughes hopes to involve all Stoke's summer signings tomorrow: “Some will start and others will be on the bench.''
Hughes hopes to involve all Stoke's summer signings tomorrow: “Some will start and others will be on the bench.''

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

All courtesy of FFS Twitter feed:

Chelsea news:

Conte on Luiz: "In the past he played in the midfield, I prefer him to play central defence. We are trying to find a different solution".

Conte on Hazard: Conte: "Hazard is improving but to be fully fit? He needs time. Bakayoko is improving, he is not at the top of his physical condition." (could be available vs Spurs but is not match fit)

Conte on Morata: "Morata is another player who needs to work, to find the right physical condition. I have to make difficult decisions".

Conte on Pedro: "Pedro today trained with us, he felt pain in his ankle. I don't know about him, situation is very difficult”.

Spurs news:

Trippier "progressing well" and to be assessed for Spurs' clash with Chelsea. Rose, Lamela & Nkoudou still sidelined

Leicester news:

Shakespeare on Iheanacho: "He didn’t (train on Thursday), he’s had a bit of discomfort with his toe. I’ll make a late decision tomorrow".

Shakespeare: "Drinkwater and Iborra are not available. Danny trained with the squad this week and hopefully Vicente will train next week".

Shakespeare on Huth: "Robert Huth played 60 minutes for the under-23s and has trained since, that’s a big plus for us."

Zaha news:

Zaha ruled out of Palace's trip to Liverpool by De Boer

De Boer unsure on Zaha period of absence: “It's very difficult to say how long it's going to take, we have to wait."

"Wilf's a very robust player and he's very keen to be fit again. He played the full 90 minutes despite suffering the injury".

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Can't see this mentioned on FISO yet, but maybe I've missed it:

When told by the press that Costa has said he is being disrespected by Conte and treated like a criminal, Conte basically collapsed into a fit of laughing that lasted a good 10 seconds or more. We all know that Costa is an idiot much of the time, but I was surprised to see Conte respond with just about the most disrespectful response he could possibly provide. Not that I have any problem with him doing so - I thought it was hilarious - but I'm surprised he did that.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

scarletjim wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 18:32Can't see this mentioned on FISO yet, but maybe I've missed it: When told by the press that Costa has said he is being disrespected by Conte and treated like a criminal, Conte basically collapsed into a fit of laughing that lasted a good 10 seconds or more. We all know that Costa is an idiot much of the time, but I was surprised to see Conte respond with just about the most disrespectful response he could possibly provide. Not that I have any problem with him doing so - I thought it was hilarious - but I'm surprised he did that.
Well, considering that Conte is a right Cont, eh, disrespect towards a fellow professional is no surprise.

The John Terry of managers, he's at the perfect club.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Wenger on Sanchez: "Wenger on Sanchez: "He looks ready, he is very focused and very happy".

He has also confirmed he is available for the Liverpool game.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Clement confirms that Llorente is still out but should return after international break. Britton available.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

A bit early in the season but I am sure a lot of players will be ruled out until after the international squads are announced.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Terry Henry wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 09:44 Wenger on Sanchez: "Wenger on Sanchez: "He looks ready, he is very focused and very happy".

He has also confirmed he is available for the Liverpool game.
Straight in my team he goes.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

RLC out with a groin injury apparently:

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/901028757833748480

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Arsene rocking up early, well yes he's actually late but he wants to be first. Probably so his one is old news later in the day.

blah bingo:
Alexis is happy to be back and raring to go for the match this weekend (against Liverpool :lol: )
:shock: is good, and very happy to still be here (an no one made an offer for the lazy bstrd, so we are stuck with him)
Yes we can win the title, but we need to improve
The Squad is much stronger than last season
We bought all the players we wanted too.
There should be NO TW at all.
We did well to get £40m for Ox, coz he's a bit pants really - and if he is worth £40m in the last year of his Contract than Alexis ios worth £100m.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Mauricio Pochettino on Serge Aurier:

"We need to assess him because he will arrive this afternoon, in a few hours and see how he is, because he played Tuesday and travelled today to France, Paris, and now he’s travelled from France to London.

"We need to see how he is. But you can imagine for him it will be very tough to play.

"For this afternoon, tomorrow to prepare for the game, it will be tough for him.

"Maybe will be in contention, maybe, we’ll see. We need to assess him today and tomorrow."

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

Regards latest news-
for those who have access to sky sports channels on the Sky Sports Premier League channel there is a programme that's called ' PL Today ' it was on earlier and coming on again at 930pm and shown several times before the weekend. (Or set to record)

It's essentially a round up of the days press conference as premier league managers look ahead to the weekend matches.

Fascinating stuff.

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

Swansea
PC

Wilfried Bony is " fit but hasn't played any pre season and matches "

When asked could wilfried start it's under consideration but the concerns are because of match practice.

PC says Wilfried will "100% be involved on Sunday"

Renato Sanches will have 2 training sessions with Swansea before the match v Newcastle 'and I anticipate him being involved on Sunday'

Watford
MS

Kaboul Janmaat and Holebas all available .

Brighton
CH

"irrespective of how season goes we are going to lose more games this season than what we have done last season or season before they are facts that we knew so will be about adjusting and bouncing back..."

Southampton
MP

"Vvd is training with the team again... He needs games and to show on the pitch ...Now everything is normal"

Everton
RK

"I am very disappointed regarding Wayne Rooney disciplinary matter will be dealt internally"

"He will play Saturday Yes"

"Ross Barkley is injured and not available for 2 /2 and half months"

Arsenal
AW

"Wilshire still needs fitness work "

"Santi having first run today"

On Alexis:

"I have no doubt about Alexis mind and mentality... He needs to come back to full fitness he was not at Liverpool it was his first game and suffered negative experience with Chile but he's strong mentality and hopefully will be back very quickly to his best...."

Spurs
MP

"We hope yes Harry Kane score for Tottenham too (it's time) ... (Dele Ali) doesn't deserve to be banned from FIFA. "

Huddersfield
DW

"Happy all our internationals came back healthy.. we still have Stankovic Hogg and Crainey Long term injuries..."

" Slight concerns regarding Colin Quarner impact injury on knee everybody else looks fine"

"Needed this (international) break as had such long season ..re took fitness test happy "

Huddersfield played a game in Hamburg "test" match and happy with new signings playing in this game .

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Pulis says they have knocks.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

when Wood has a knock, does he get lucky?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

goldenrookie wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 22:15 ...
Great summary many thanks

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

STOKE - Shawcross is out , Wimmer may start
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... re+traffic

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

andybarrell wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 12:15 STOKE - Shawcross is out , Wimmer may start
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... re+traffic
Hmmm...bad news that. I was hoping we'd find out how Wimmer fits in when everyone is available. Now we basically won't get any new info this weekend. :(

Was looking for a 4.4m guy for GW5.

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

At 1pm BST Klopp pre match press conference from melwood.

Live on Liverpool FC YouTube channel and other places .

Also can be viewed thereafter for those who can't watch live.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”