To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
goldenrookie
Treebeard

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

Post by goldenrookie »

:oops:
Finisher1 wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 10:28 Pulis says they have knocks.
On that theme ...
WBA
TP

"We have one or two little knocks. Grzegorz Krychowiak and Kieran Gibbs haven't played much football. I'll have to decide on them. I have to speak to the medical team. I've got a big decision to make about starting them"

"Jonny (Evans) trained well and didn't expect anything less from him. Has come through fine .."

"excellent performances with Northern Ireland...."

And expected to feature

"He's 100% ready to play this weekend for this football club ...."

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Pep's press conference

Summary: VK out

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Guardian has Evans replacing Hegazi ....not sure how accurate they have been

Coutinho not in squad

Eden Hazard, available?

"Now he is available, he is in the list for the squad. He is improving a lot, he is working very strong to be ready. Now I can count on him. I have to decide the right moment and right minutes, but he is available now.

"When there is a bad injury and surgery, it is normal to pay attention for his recovery. Don’t forget he is an important player for us, it is important to play soon and continue to play."

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Reckon Hazard will start on the bench

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

eastcentral1 wrote: Reckon Hazard will start on the bench

I'd guess he will be in the team. If he can start for Belgium a week ago then he's ready. But you may be right, Conte's style seems to be to take time with bringing players back.

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

Chelsea haven't won away from home in the month of September in any of the last four Premier League seasons (W0 D4 L3).

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

andybarrell wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 12:15STOKE - Shawcross is out , Wimmer may start
Excellent news for anyone with Man United attackers.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

eastcentral1 wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 17:05 Reckon Hazard will start on the bench
Do you think Willian will start still? i'm trying to decide if i should get rid of him for Salah or someone else or just roll my FT

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Local press report that Burnley’s Tom Heaton has undergone successful surgery on dislocated shoulder.

Howe confirms that Stanislas trained with first-team this week as he steps up injury recovery. Wilson still out.

Reports suggest that Paul Pogba is facing 4-6 weeks on the sidelines following Tuesday’s injury.

Zárate & Pereyra edging closer to returns for Watford. Femenía & Kaboul still being assessed.

Gareth McAuley on his PL2 appearance - “Everything went well and the leg is now feeling perfectly normal again."

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 11:16 Local press report that Burnley’s Tom Heaton has undergone successful surgery on dislocated shoulder.
Heaton is likely to be out until the new year, maybe even February.

Apparently free agent Anders Lindegaard is training with the clarets with a view to signing.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:Local press report that Burnley’s Tom Heaton has undergone successful surgery on dislocated shoulder.

Howe confirms that Stanislas trained with first-team this week as he steps up injury recovery. Wilson still out.

Reports suggest that Paul Pogba is facing 4-6 weeks on the sidelines following Tuesday’s injury.

Zárate & Pereyra edging closer to returns for Watford. Femenía & Kaboul still being assessed.

Gareth McAuley on his PL2 appearance - “Everything went well and the leg is now feeling perfectly normal again."
Source: www.twitter.com/ffscout

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Yes that's where I found the information.
Do I need to state that?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:Yes that's where I found the information.
Do I need to state that?
I think it would be polite especially with that kind of copypaste, since I'm sure some people here would be furious if FISO was providing that kind of channel and someone copypasted it to FFS without refferring to FISO.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Finisher1 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 11:44
Do I need to state that?
I think it would be polite especially with that kind of copypaste, since I'm sure some people here would be furious of FISO had that kind of channel and someone would copypaste them to FFS without refferring to FISO.
Was only trying to be helpful with the intention of informing other FISO users of team news. But I can include it from now on. Nobody had mentioned it to me up until now but can use source from now on. Thanks

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:
Finisher1 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 11:44
Do I need to state that?
I think it would be polite especially with that kind of copypaste, since I'm sure some people here would be furious of FISO had that kind of channel and someone would copypaste them to FFS without refferring to FISO.
Was only trying to be helpful with the intention of informing other FISO users of team news. But I can include it from now on. Nobody had mentioned it to me up until now but can use source from now on. Thanks
Thanks for being helpful. Personally I think FFS twitter feed is a simple basic tool for every FPL manager so I don't really care direct copypastes themselves, but they certainly trigger some further nuggets like Tall Paul's information about Heaton's injury, so I think those copypastes are needed in order to make ITK's like Tall Paul to speak and offer their information to us.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ignore Finisher1, BL, he has always had a bee in his bonnet about this. :wink: Any current information is useful in this thread.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Ignore Finisher1, BL, he has always had a bee in his bonnet about this. :wink:
Yes, it's one of those things Image

But like I said, nowadays I realise they are good icebreakers to make people talk in this thread like Tall Paul just a while ago, so I agree they are helpful.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Linking to sources for copy pastas is common courtesy across every forum I've ever been on - not just FISO. I'd imagine there are posters here who would be put out if their post content were copied elsewhere with no attribution.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

RomynPG wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:03 Linking to sources for copy pastas is common courtesy across every forum I've ever been on - not just FISO. I'd imagine there are posters here who would be put out if their post content were copied elsewhere with no attribution.
Fair enough. I was only trying to be helpful.
In all fairness, I don't think I was copying another person's viewpoint or post, it was more 'team news' regarding injury updates.
Just to reiterate I'd never copy and paste someone else's viewpoint.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:14
RomynPG wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:03 Linking to sources for copy pastas is common courtesy across every forum I've ever been on - not just FISO. I'd imagine there are posters here who would be put out if their post content were copied elsewhere with no attribution.
Fair enough. I was only trying to be helpful
Didn't intend to come across as a go at you - just to extract it from any other ongoing disagreements

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I do it in a "don't blame me if is pants" kinda way :lol:

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

According to the BBC, David Wagner has stated "Martin Cranie, Jonathan Hogg and Collin Quaner have all been back on the grass and haven't had any problems."
Positive drug test results coming up then...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:
I do it in a "don't blame me if is pants" kinda way Image
I like a source so I know how reliable it is. Manager's mouth v random bloke on twitter.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

To the shock of everyone, Pulis has revealed his team has got "1 or 2 little knocks". He either named names this time (Chadli & Burk) or started talking about an old Simon Pegg film, no-one could tell.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Metro have reported that Palmer is out and could be for 4 months.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mbemba and Darlow should return to the Newcastle squad. :)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'm partial to a copy pasta

Sent from mobile

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

From the gaffers:

Man Utd
JM

On Lukaku
“He is playing well. The team is playing well. There is a good relation between our striker and the way our team plays.
“There is a lot to improve obviously because we are just in the beginning of that relation but I am happy with the relation between the striker and the team.”

“Luke Shaw is not injured any more,” Mourinho said. “So it is a question of form. It is a question of options. But he is not injured. He recovered from his injury....

“Marcos Rojo is still recovering after such an important injury. Everything went really well but he is not even training with the group in a normal session. He is just doing parts of it.
“ So I still think that Marcos has in front of him probably a couple of months.”

Liverpool
JK

has said he is ready to start Philippe Coutinho in Saturday's visit of Burnley.

"Coutinho should be ready...."
"For sure, we’re ready to think about him (playing against Burnley)."

Klopp provided an update on Nathaniel Clyne’s fitness:
"Clyney is improving a lot and I’m not sure when he will be training completely normal, but he’ll need time for a kind of a pre-season, so that’s how it is."
Klopp said: "Trent is not ready to play two games every week..."

"We need freshness and new legs in mind for when I play this match"

Stoke
MH

"...really good platform in terms of defensive work. Congratulations to the players"
"Touch and go with Ryan Shawcross.. missed lot of training this weekend probably too soon. unlikely he'll play"

WBA
TP

"Little bit complacency when done well that has to be eradicated... pretty average performance at Brighton."

Everton
RK

"If you lose that against the big teams in the Premier League, and yesterday too, it was painful because they showed more ambition, aggression, and defended so tight.

"After this press conference I will have a meeting with most of the players and the key players. I think it's time for the experienced players to stand up.
"Defensively there are too many mistakes. I am worried what I saw yesterday. I wasn't so worried after Chelsea. But it started second 45 minutes against Tottenham, and the first 45 minutes yesterday.
"We have some players with doubts, and I don't want to be too individual, because it's always a team performance, but we need to be more aggressive."

Man City
PG

"Ederson still has the stitches .. He was okay and says he wants to play again."
Guardiola on Toure: “We will see if he is in the squad. I need him, we need. He was so important last season and will be this season"

Spurs
MP

on Kieran Trippier and Dele be back in the starting 11??
"Maybe. It’s an option. We need to analyse today, tomorrow and before the game we decide the starting 11"
Says still "no return date for Rose..."

Will Llorente be involved?
"... why not? Maybe....We have a plan to play tomorrow and then see whether he plays or not, or comes off the bench.
I think we are so happy with him and he will have a very good impact on the team and the club and important throughout the whole season."

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Joccki_10 wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 18:00 Mbemba and Darlow should return to the Newcastle squad. :)
What does this mean for NUF's starting D? Who is likely to start?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”