To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

Post by FranckKessie »

Stemania wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 19:02
MPTree wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 18:59 Strange, innit? As far as I know, he was not pictured in training. Is the 'illness' flag just an assumption on the part of FPL Towers? That seems odd.
Klopp mentioned he was ill and missed training on Thurs.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ssion=true
Salah back in training
https://twitter.com/lfc/status/954426323170222082

To (C) or not to (C) is now the question. Hmm.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

A @MarkRitson_TM exclusive reveals that winger Andros Townsend could be a surprise inclusion in the Eagles squad after making a rapid recovery from the ankle injury he suffered at Brighton 11 days ago.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek could be set for an extended period on the sidelines. The Chelsea loanee, who is yet to play this year, may face surgery if his ankle injury does not respond to conservative treatment over the next 2-3 weeks.

Walcott feels Everton are a club on the up..... One of the main reasons for signing.
Michael Keane will return to the Toffees squad this weekend. Missed the defeats to Liverpool and Tottenham after sustaining a lacerated foot on New Years Day.
Seamus Coleman [double leg fracture] is closing in on a return to action "he is back in training". Expected to build minutes with the U23s before being considered for the first-team.

Eddie Howe to make a late call. "Junior Stanislas and Joshua King are both getting closer, whether they're close enough we'll wait and see."
[Mass] changes afoot. "As for the Wigan game, not many - if any [of the players] - will play against West Ham United. I'm not doubting the quality of the players but they didn't perform, I wasn't happy with the quality of the performance."

Carroll may be forced to go under the knife [@standardsport] "Andy picked up [an ankle injury] vs WBA [which] is sufficiently serious that he will not play again this month. It could even need an operation to put things right, although that has not yet been confirmed."
Antonio closing in on a return. "[I'm] not far away now. Things are going well. At the beginning they said roughly six weeks, if things went well, and things are going well. So, Hopefully two more weeks to go and I will be back."
"Chicharito looks like he's recovered from flu and trained. Andre Ayew is feeling his leg so we will check on him, and Declan Rice was feeling his hamstring as well."
"Kouyate is back [but] Winston Reid is not training yet. We only found out [on Thursday] that Andy Carroll has [an ankle] problem. We need to see if it needs an operation or not."

Wenger said Alexis Sanchez "will play on Saturday" if his deal to United is not finalised. Be interested to see if he stands by this following reports that the Chilean is training with the youth team.

Hugo Lloris is ill and the Tottenham goalkeeper is being closely monitored. Winks [ankle] and Rose [knee] remain out. Alderweireld is in the last phase of his rehab before integrating back into first-team training.
Rose and Winks are hoping to return later this month. Alderweireld early February. Lloris late test.
Pochettino says there's a chance that Toby Alderweireld could return ahead of schedule and feature in the FA Cup next weekend.

Jürgen Klopp is hopeful Mohamed Salah and Ragnar Klavan will return to training today following illness, but Liverpool will need to check on the condition of Dejan Lovren.
Henderson and van Dijk [both hamstring] have returned to training but Salah, Klavan and Lovren missed Thursdays' double-session. "We have a few problems with players feeling unwell. Ragner [is] hopefully back today. Dejan was out. Mo Salah was out, but hopefully back today."
Henderson should be OK to train fully from Saturday onwards. "It is close, but maybe close and not enough time for Swansea – but [after that] he is back and that’s good news."
Moreno [ankle] has been training a few days longer but Klopp admits he could miss out. "He feels it still a little bit – in 1/2 movements you can see. We will not put any rush on him, but he will be back for sure after Swansea – or even maybe [this game], I’m not sure.”
Nathaniel Clyne continues to make good progress in his recovery from the back problem which has kept him sidelined for the entire campaign. "He is doing well but still a little way to go until he is back in completely normal training. He is doing well, really good.”
Karius set to continue in goal at Swansea on Monday night.
"I didn't change my opinion, but I've changed the situation now," Klopp said on opting for Karius against Swansea. "But of course Loris has to deliver, he knows that, but he's now No. 1 - he can play a game, concede a goal, but all the good things I'd like to see again."

Daley Blind will miss this weekend after suffering a "little injury" in training. Defender Eric Bailly [ankle] and striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic [knee] are still recovering from injuries. Ashley Young is available again, after serving a three-match ban.
Mourinho states the deal with Arsenal - for Sanchez - is not done [yet] before confirming Mkhitaryan will NOT be in the squad on Saturday.
Shaw looks set to continue his run in the side despite the return of Ashley Young. “Luke has done very well recently, played very well. I’m really happy with him. I can say in this moment, I don’t see many left-backs better than him."

Conte reveals Ross Barkley will be in the squad on Saturday after coming through 70 minutes of a behind-closed-doors friendly this week.
Cahill and Fabregas ruled out with hamstring injuries. Conte needs to "check a couple of situations" ahead of the game with Brighton.

Vincent Kompany is expected to miss out again. Fabian Delph could be sidelined "for a while".
"Fabian Delph will be out for a while - we're not quite sure yet. Vincent Kompany is much better, we don't know right now but hopefully in the next game he will be ready."

Pellegrino confirms his only fitness concern is over centre-half Yoshida [hamstring], in an otherwise fully fit #SaintsFC squad. “I think Maya will be a part of Saturday’s training session, maybe - but that will be decided tomorrow."

Carvalhal expects Renato Sanches [hamstring] to train on Saturday, he is "fully fit" but there are doubts over the fitness of Tammy Abraham [hip] "we are waiting for him.''
Mike van der Hoorn was forced off at Newcastle last weekend amid fears he had suffered a hamstring injury. However, scans indicate that no damage was done and the defender has already returned to full training.

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

[via @TeleFootball] Thibaut Courtois [ankle] is expected to miss the trip to Brighton while Danny Drinkwater is also struggling to make the early kick-off.
Chelsea potentially missing up-to six.

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Christopher Schindler moved quickly to ease any injury fears after the Terriers centre-back sustained knocks to his knee and back during a bruising encounter at Stoke. "I'm okay. I had a few impacts today - is was just one of those games."

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

[@TeleFootball] are reporting that Andy Carroll is likely to be sidelined for up-to three months after a scan on Sunday revealed a hairline fracture of his foot. Meanwhile, Manuel Lanzini 'could' be out for up to a month after sustaining a hamstring injury vs Bournemouth. #WHUFC

Chancel Mbemba confirms via Instagram that he will be back ‘soon’ following a training ground knee injury. #NUFC

(Dinnery)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Mbemba back where, on the missing persons list?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Jacob Steinberg‏ @JacobSteinberg

"Hearing that Marko Arnautovic could be out with a hamstring problem for a few weeks. With Lanzini out too, West Ham have huge problems up front #whufc"

"Lanzini is out for a minimum of six weeks. More if he needs an op on his hamstring injury #whufc"

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

well this would suck cause I have no $$$ ITB, my Arnie's selling price is 7.0 and Walcott is 7.1

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

"We are breathing," said Carvalhal following the win over Liverpool. "We are in the hospital, but not in the emergency department. We’re still not in a good position - but confidence is higher and the dynamic is better. The commitment is very strong and the signs are good" #Swans

Wenger says Ramsey [illness] “might” be back in the squad “he has a test today.” Monreal [hamstring] will also be assessed but the game will come too soon for Giroud and Welbeck. The pair are said to be a “fraction short”. #AFC
On the Sanchez / Mkhitaryan swap. “We lose a world class player and gain a world class player....." #AFC #MUFC

Another attacking blow for West Ham following the news that Marko Arnautovic could miss up to four games after suffering a recurrence of the hamstring injury which has been hampering him in recent weeks. Andy Carroll and Lanzini are also in the Hammers treatment room. #WHUFC

Conte reports that Alvaro Morata [back] and Cesc Fabregas hamstring] are out of the Carabao Cup game against Arsenal. "A couple of other players will be checked before the game."
Andreas Christensen is available after taking a whack to the head at Brighton on Saturday. Cahill [hamstring] could be one of those facing a late test.
Conte confirms Kenedy loan deal to Newcastle.
Conte will also make a late decision on Thibaut Courtois and Danny Drinkwater [both ankle] who missed the 4-0 win at Brighton on Saturday due to injury.

Merino is still hampered by an ongoing back issue. "I had a lot of problems during the season with small injuries. The back injury, which I still have a little bit, is improving. I feel much better. I’m almost at 100 per cent physically." #NUFC

BREAKING: @AaronLennon12 joins the Clarets on permanent deal from @Everton.

Vincent Kompany trains ahead of the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Bristol City. The injury-plagued centre-back is expected to feature at Ashton Gate.

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Spurs centre-back could return in the cup: "I feel good. I feel fit. I'm strong. I feel ready to give 100 per cent again. I worked very hard to come back to the training group as quickly as possible. Not one thing in my head is doubting about the injury."

Cazorla targets next season.
"My last operation was seven weeks ago, and it was my tenth. It could have prevented a lot of things, although it hasn't yet solved anything."

Conte hopeful Morata injury is not serious. "If you remember, in the past, he stopped himself for a problem in his back. A pain in the back. Now this pain has come back," revealed the Chelsea boss. "This is the second game that he stopped."

Coleman after his comeback for the U23s last night. "For now, it's [about] trying to impress the manager by working hard. Fingers crossed, it wont be long before I am back out there. Training has been going great so far. I am just thankful to be back out there."

(Dinnery)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 17:44 Spurs centre-back could return in the cup: "I feel good. I feel fit. I'm strong. I feel ready to give 100 per cent again. I worked very hard to come back to the training group as quickly as possible. Not one thing in my head is doubting about the injury."

Is this a game of Guess the mystery Spurs centre-back? :wink: (I'm assuming it's Alderweireld.)

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 17:44 Cazorla targets next season.
"My last operation was seven weeks ago, and it was my tenth. It could have prevented a lot of things, although it hasn't yet solved anything."

Poor guy. I hope we see him back playing football again at some stage but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Regarding injuries (Dinnery)

Renato Sanches - Looks like a recurrence of his recent hamstring problem.
Williams - Suspected back injury.
Bertrand - Forced off just before the break.
Obiang - Off on a stretcher - knee injury

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

West Ham team getting absolutely battered.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Moyes: I asked him did he spit? And he said yes.
...... what Masuaku did 'despicable'
Will spend the next 2-months on the sidelines.

David Moyes says Masuaku’s spit was ‘despicable’ and absolutely right decision to send him off. Frustrated with performance - senior players didn’t perform, those given chance didn’t impress. Injury list increases. Costly afternoon for #WHUFC

Potentially a couple of months out for Obiang as well [depending on the severity of his injury].
Stretchered off in the first half after damaging his medial knee ligament [MCL] following a robust challenge by Wigan's Max Power. (Dinnery)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Masuaka will miss the midweek EPL game (home to Palace). Buffoon.

I had wanted to do Cheek to Carroll, may have to ship Bob Carolgees instead.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Zimmerman wrote: Masuaka will miss the midweek EPL game (home to Palace). Buffoon.

More likely a 4-6 game ban isn't it?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 17:46 robust challenge by Wigan's Max Power. (Dinnery)
Kidding, Max Power? Perhaps I'm just tired.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I believe so, I’ve just caught up (I was only aware he’d been sent off... didn’t know what it was for).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Sane out for a while but Pep isnt a doctor

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Pep says Sané could be out for up-to a month. Needs to be assessed to determine the extent of his injury. #MCFC

Benitez on the prospect of bringing in any new players ahead of the deadline: “I hope we can do something.” #NUFC

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Conte confirms Morata will return to training tomorrow, although he won't be with the 1st team. "He needs a bit of time to recover. It's important to have a player like this [back] soon." The #CFC boss also revealed Luiz missed the win over NUFC after picking up an ankle injury. (Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Waiting game for Sanches who looked to have suffered a recurrence of his recent hamstring injury at Notts County. "He will be assessed after 48 hours,” said Carvalhal. "Then we will know exactly what the problem is with him."

Pellegrino will be hoping Sam McQueen can recover in time for the game with Brighton with Ryan Bertrand [hamstring] likely to miss out. Matt Targett recently joined Fulham on-loan.
Expect an update on Ryan Bertrand around 2pm after the left-back limped off vs Watford on Saturday with a suspected hamstring strain. "We wait, do the scan with the doctor and after we decide. We don’t know the consequence of the injury," revealed Pellegrino post-match.
Pellegrino confirms new signing Carillo isn't 100 per cent yet and a late decision will be made on his involvement. "Like Ryan, we will have another look at him tomorrow." Charlie Austin "is back on the pitch training, something that is really good news for us."

Wenger revealed on Friday that he expects Olivier Giroud [hamstring] to return to the squad on Tuesday, although the game at Swansea will be too early for Danny Welbeck.
Wenger will will make a late call on Mkhitaryan. "I haven’t decided [whether he'll start], but he’s available like everybody else. I think he can play everywhere in the midfield - certainly not in a defensive role - but all the other positions are not out of reach for him."

#lcfc striker Leonardo Ulloa has today joined Brighton and Hove Albion in a loan deal until the end of the 2017/18 season.

Seamus Coleman will be included in the matchday squad on Wednesday. Recently played 58 minutes in an U23s game. Allardyce confirms James McCarthy's operation went well.... Currently recuperating in his hometown, Glasgow.
Funes Mori is also training again with the squad... Not taking part in full sessions, but he is progressing. "We monitor him closely." Original timeline was 6-9 months - bang on schedule.

The @FA confirm Arthur Masuaku has been given a six-match suspension after he was sent-off for spitting at Nick Powell in the FA Cup fourth-round defeat at Wigan.
Masuaku will serve a six-match ban for spitting at Wigan midfielder Nick Powell. "I spoke to him yesterday, he was sad, remorseful and really down. He has played well for us and we will miss him. It was a terrible thing he did, in our culture is not acceptable."
Moyes confirms Obiang setback. "He's got medial ligament injury. We can't get the result straight away. He's not done anything to his cruciate which is good news. We're still assessing it. He got scanned yesterday."
Manuel Lanzini "has a tear in his hamstring" which could sideline him for between 4-6 weeks. The injury looks more serious than Arnautovic who "should be back sooner [although] it is still a worry because he is a player who uses that explosive power in sprinting."
Antonio "is not too far away" while Jose Fonte is back on the training pitches. However, he is likely to need a few practice matches having missed the last three months. A hamstring problem is hampering Andre Ayew, although he has done some running.

Klopp on Lallana: "[The] medical department told me no chance for West Brom, no chance for Huddersfield and a chance for Tottenham. After Tottenham for sure, but before Tottenham I don't know exactly."

Mourinho says if Ibrahimovic wants a future with another club, in another country, then "we are here to help and create conditions for that to happen, not to make his life difficult."

Monaco loanee Terence Kongolo is okay and will train after picking up a minor knock against Birmingham. Danny Williams is a doubt after he was forced off due to a hip injury in the same game.

Unexpected triple injury boost for Palace.
"We found ourselves in a poor situation. Mamadou Sakho and Joel Ward have both recovered. Yohan Cabaye who I thought was going to be out for a long time has recovered too."

Paul Lambert reports that his players "are in good shape" [apart from a few minor niggles] - had double sessions during the break.

(Dinnery)

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 18:11 Wenger will will make a late call on Mkhitaryan. "I haven’t decided [whether he'll start], but he’s available like everybody else. I think he can play everywhere in the midfield - certainly not in a defensive role - but all the other positions are not out of reach for him."
(Dinnery)

Is Wenger just trolling now?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Tarkowski has been flagged with a groin injury. 50% chance to play, orange flag. That's my third flag in a few days.

Any news on him? TP with some inside info maybe? :)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Joccki_10 wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 20:12 Tarkowski has been flagged with a groin injury. 50% chance to play, orange flag. That's my third flag in a few days.

James Tarkowski is described as "touch and go" for Wednesday. Steven Defour is meeting with a knee specialist while Dean Marney has suffered a minor setback. Stephen Ward is back in full training. Chris Wood has begun some light work.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Cheers TBL, helpful as always.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Might have to play my Wildcard at this rate :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Aubameyang chat moved to Aubameyang thread.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Joccki_10 wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 20:12 Tarkowski has been flagged with a groin injury. 50% chance to play, orange flag. That's my third flag in a few days.

Sounds like he's going to miss out tomorrow night, along with Heaton, Ward, Brady, Wood, Walters, Marney and Defour (although Ward has just returned to full training). Hell of an injury list :(

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Luckily for you, you're playing us so can probably afford to leave out some of the fit guys too. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”