To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

Post by No Way Jose »

ACL is the longest recovery, then PCL. You have MCL (medial/inside) and LCL (lateral/outside) as well which unless requiring surgery require 8 weeks recovery for a full rupture or between 4 and 6 for grade 1 or two tears

No comment or the origin of stems bursitis :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

He will rise again.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Is Easter in Feb this year? :?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Cédric [ankle] and Hoedt [concussion] missed the PL clash with Palace on Tuesday and won't recover in time for this one. Striker Charlie Austin [hamstring] is a long-term absentee. Jeremy Pied is the latest player to be added to the #SaintsFC treatment room.
Pellegrino confirms the #SaintsFC will be without Charlie Austin [hamstring], Cedric Soares, Wesley Hoedt [concussion] and Jeremy Pied for the trip to Fulham.

Hughes says Stoke "don't have the capability" of making too many changes this weekend. Ryan Shawcross [calf] and Bruno Martins Indi [groin] are still missing. "We will also need to check on those who played on Monday before selecting the side for Saturday." #SCFC

Wilfried Bony is available following his recent hamstring injury. However, Saturday comes too soon for Ki although he isn't far away. "Maybe the end of this week." Tammy Abraham is rated as 50/50 and the #Swans are waiting on the results of Angel Rangels' scan.
Carvalhal will "try to give" those players who have not played previously an opportunity. "[They] might do well in a new system or dynamic with a new coach. We try to give that opportunity to all of the players in the squad to show their abilities."

Puel reveals Adrien Silva and Matty James will get some game time in the cup following their recent enforced absence. "Good opportunity for them to progress." #LCFC
Danny Simpson and Wes Morgan [both hamstring] are ruled out. The former is working in the gym, potential return towards the end of January. The skipper could be missing for a "few weeks". Huth made his comeback for the U23s on Wednesday evening.
Vardy [groin] rated as a major doubt for the trip to Fleetwood on Saturday. "We will see. If he is not 100 per cent, then we will not risk him. He is not training with the team, just some exercises in the gym. For the moment, it is not good.”

Mousa Dembele [hip and groin] has returned to full training and will be in contention. Danny Rose is being assessed to determine the extent of his knee problem. Toby Alderweireld [hamstring] won't be back until February.
Rose likely to miss out tomorrow:
"We need to wait and we will assess him in the next few days," said Pochettino following the win at Swansea. "But my feeling, my perception is it would be difficult to play in 48 hours."

Michael Keane required stitches in a foot injury after the defeat to Man United. "I think it will be too dangerous to risk him [on Friday], but everyone else is okay."
Allardyce is hoping to have new signing Cenk Tosun registered in time to play in the Cup. "We've agreed a deal and are at the stage of personal terms."

Alberto Moreno included in that "bunch" of players...... Should be ready for January 14.
Coutinho and Salah included in a "bunch of players" who should be ready for the game with Man City.
Jordan Henderson [hamstring] and Alberto Moreno [ankle] could be involved in elements of training after the FA Cup tie versus Everton. Suggests neither will be ready when the PL resumes on January 14.
Mo Salah [groin] and Philippe Coutinho [thigh] will miss the third-round derby. Klopp says "we will see" if Virgil van Dyke can be a part of the squad on Friday.
Klopp coy on Coutinho. "It's the transfer window. Nothing I could say now would help the player or the club."

Valencia [hamstring] is looking to rejoin the group from next week. Fellaini and Lukaku are available for selection. Carrick is back in full training but won't be considered just yet.
Mourinho confirms Romel Lukaku is fit and available for Friday night's FA Cup third-round clash with Derby County.

Dyche admits Scott Arfield is likely to be rested after picking up a minor hamstring injury in training this morning. Chris Wood and Stephen Ward [both knee] remain in the Burnley treatment room.

Matty Phillips aggravated a hamstring injury during the warm-up at Man City on Tuesday night and won't be involved this weekend. Meanwhile, Alan Pardew confirms the recently returned Craig Dawson will be rested due to high levels of fatigue.

"It's been tough," said Cathcart after the game. "The original injury was back in April and then I did the same thing against Brighton. Once I had the surgery done I've just been focused on trying to get back in the best shape I can."
Craig Cathcart stepped up his recovery from knee surgery with a 75 minute run out in a behind-closed-doors friendly this afternoon. Isaac Success is also edging closer to a first-team return having completed the game.

David Moyes is "hoping" the back injury suffered by Aaron Cresswell will not keep him out on Thursday. "We’re pretty short in both full-back areas. Until we have got both Sam Byram and Jose Fonte back we’re a bit short defensively."
The recently returned Reece Oxford is rated as a major doubt for game against Tottenham. "He kicked the ground in training and has sprained his ankle. He probably might not be fit for Thursday, that’s my first thought."

(Dinnery)

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 17:20
Alberto Moreno included in that "bunch" of players...... Should be ready for January 14.
Alberto Moreno [ankle] could be involved in elements of training after the FA Cup tie versus Everton. Suggests neither will be ready when the PL resumes on January 14.
which one is it then? :)
Klopp says "we will see" if Virgil van Dyke can be a part of the squad on Friday.
:lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Might as well play Dick as Sweeper, and Mary Poppins in goal?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Any news at all on RLC? Roy gives the impressions he isn't that injured.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Conte reports that after the busy Christmas period, he must make selection rotations tomorrow. David Luiz is in contention to be involved. The only doubt is Hazard who had a kick on his calf.

Conte says Morata's stats for goals and assists this season are good. He adds the player has lots of space for improvement but can be one of the best strikers in the world.

Antonio Conte says Ross Barkley is a young English player with good prospects but the club, not him, will inform on any news on a transfer.

#chelseafc

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

eastcentral1 wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 16:09 Antonio Conte says Ross Barkley is a young English player with good prospects but the club, not him, will inform on any news on a transfer.
SSN pretty much certain that deal will happen today - £15m when they could alternatively sign a deal today to get him in the summer for free :shock:

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

murf wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 16:51
eastcentral1 wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 16:09 Antonio Conte says Ross Barkley is a young English player with good prospects but the club, not him, will inform on any news on a transfer.
SSN pretty much certain that deal will happen today - £15m when they could alternatively sign a deal today to get him in the summer for free :shock:

Only if Everton agreed to that. Why would they?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Everton don't need to agree to anything. His contract runs out in the summer so from Jan 1st he can talk to anybody (without Everton's permission) and sign a contract to join on July 1st for free. Nothing Everton can do about it except try and bribe him to stay instead with a new mega contract.

Same applies to lots of players including Emre Can and about half the Arsenal team.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

No-one expected to return for Arsenal this weekend.
"Kolasinac, Koscielny, Monreal, Giroud and Ramsey are all still out."
Wenger plans to rotate - Granit Xhaka finished the game on Wednesday with a tight groin and won't feature.
Giroud [hamstring], Monreal, Kolasinac [both ankle] and Koscielny [Achilles] are targeting a return next weekend [vs Bournemouth]. Xhaka should return midweek and Ramsey has an outside chance of making the Carabao Cup tie at Stamford Bridge.

Only Steve Sidwell [out with a long-term back injury] is missing for Brighton. Chris Hughton plans to rotate for the visit of Crystal Palace in the FA Cup on Monday night. "We have good competition [within the squad]."

Howe reveals. “The only players who will definitely miss out are King, Stanislas, Mings and Defoe. Everyone else is fit." #AFCB
Ryan Fraser was rested as a precaution for the 2-2 draw at Brighton on NYD due to discomfort in his hamstring. "He’s come through that period fine, so we expect everything to be good with him from this point.”
Cherries to make changes. "We have a lot of players who have been patient behind the scenes and they deserve their chance. So, with that in mind, yes, we will make changes to our side."
Long-term absentees Adam Federici and Brad Smith should be in with a chance.

Moyes ahead of the FA Cup tie at Shrewsbury. “We’ll get back in on Friday and get the players as ready as we can for Sunday. We’re missing quite a few players through injury at this moment in time." #WHUFC
Edimilson Fernandes starts his recovery from ankle surgery today. He's had the cast taken off his right foot this afternoon.

Huddersfield Town defender Michael Hefele says he "is really hungry" to get back on the pitch after more than 3 months out due to an Achilles injury. "At the minute I feel really good and I’m improving and impressing every day. I am very happy." #HTAFC
Wagner confirms Chelsea have recalled Kasey Palmer following an unsuccessful loan spell at the club. Jon Stankovic is edging closer to a return - first training on Thursday, but not with the group.
Chris Lowe [bruised foot] faces a race against time to play in game week 23 [vs West Ham]. Philip Billing and Jon Stankovic are back in training.

Jason Puncheon [PCL] may not require surgery, but Hodgson says "he will need his knee in a brace for several months." Waiting for the swelling to subside on his, and Scott Dann's knee, before a decision can be made. #CPFC
Loftus-Cheek, Ward and Sakho will not be available for Monday's game, along with a few other who have picked up knocks. "I don't know how many changes I would have made without these injuries, squad is thin on the ground. We'll have a strong, competitive team vs Brighton."
Roy Hodgson hopes Mamadou Sakho [calf] is only a "short-period" away. Meanwhile, the Eagles boss says Joel Ward and Ruben Loftus-Cheek won't be too far from returning "but they won’t be available for Monday."

Pep uncertain whether David Silva is available for tomorrow. Vincent Kompany, Mendy and Phil Foden are definitely out. Kyle Walker will be checked in training this afternoon [4pm]. "Right now I don't know." #MCFC
Guardiola praises Silva for playing in the win over Watford after missing the two previous matches following the premature birth of his son. "It is not easy for me to explain what he feels," Pep said. "He shows on the pitch that he is able to forget everything."

Mark Hughes has no qualms in handing Stephen Ireland his first taste of competitive action in almost two years when Stoke City take on Coventry City tomorrow. #SCFC

Silva confirms Deeney is available for selection after serving a four-match ban. "Troy is able to play or to be in the squad if I take that decision." Cathcart and Success featured in a behind-closed-doors game midweek but Saturday comes too soon for the pair.
Still no movement in the #watfordfc treatment room on Miguel Britos, Younès Kaboul, Nathaniel Chalobah, Will Hughes or Kiko Femenía who remain unavailable for the Hornets.
Can only assume a setback for Will Hughes, who had returned to full training before Christmas. Silva was hoping Britos could've played over the festive programme, but his recovery is taking much longer than originally anticipated. Nothing definitive on Femenia.
Despite being out since Aug [compared to late-Sept], Cathcart is closer to a return than Success. "Craig never loses his fitness,” said Silva. “He’s focused, takes care of himself and looks in a good condition. Of course, he needs more minutes [in training]."

(Dinnery)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

murf wrote:Everton don't need to agree to anything. His contract runs out in the summer so from Jan 1st he can talk to anybody (without Everton's permission) and sign a contract to join on July 1st for free. Nothing Everton can do about it except try and bribe him to stay instead with a new mega contract.

Same applies to lots of players including Emre Can and about half the Arsenal team.
Am I missing something? Isn't the rule that for a player out of contract on 1 July he can't be approached by another English club without his parent club's permission until May?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Maybe I am wrong then re English clubs. Definitely free to talk to foreign clubs and I'm sure agents would find a way of getting a promised salary out of an English club.....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

"Elliot will be out for a couple of weeks, that is my feeling. It could a little less or it could be a little more."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... r-14119291

Boo. We might have bought a new GK by then anyway (hopefully), so it could well be the end for him.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

murf wrote:Maybe I am wrong then re English clubs. Definitely free to talk to foreign clubs and I'm sure agents would find a way of getting a promised salary out of an English club.....
Yes, but that logic applies to all players under contract. If you tap him up then you can get him on a free. But if he's in contract and you don't want to break the rules then you need pay for him. The only exception between English clubs is when May arrives and he's out of contract in July.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Hart will start on Sunday while Oxford, Cullen and Burke could travel. “I’d like to say we won’t make a lot of changes, I try to be consistent, but the bigger problem is the number of players we have available and the fatigue due to the amount of effort [in recent] games." #WHUFC
(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Collin Quaner to be assessed. "He felt his hamstring," said Wagner. "But I think we have caught it soon enough for it not to be a problem." #HTAFC

Renato Sanches is an early doubt for the trip to Newcastle after suffering an apparent hamstring injury during the 0-0 draw with Wolves this afternoon. #Swans
Carvalhal confirms Swansa will appeal Fer red card. "[It's] is a classic yellow card. It’s a ball in the midfield, it’s not a dangerous situation near the goal. It’s a foul from the back, but it is not a kick. There is no aggression, it’s a normal yellow card."

Lascelles replaced as a precaution.... Picked up a minor groin problem in the opening 30 minutes. Made way for Hayden. Expected to be okay for the visit of Swansea next weekend. #NUFC

(Dinnery)

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Not sure if we're supposed to link to unconfirmed reports, but:

Salah expected to be fit
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-14130317

Expected perhaps, but good to read anyway.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Owsler wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 11:26 Not sure if we're supposed to link to unconfirmed reports, but:

Of course we are. I think unconfirmed reports are even more important than confirmed reports, because everyone knows what the clubs have officially announced.

I very much welcome every little rumour or nugget that's out there. As long as sources are mentioned, so that everyone can assess the reliability of a particular nugget ;)

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

eastcentral1 wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 11:40
murf wrote:Maybe I am wrong then re English clubs. Definitely free to talk to foreign clubs and I'm sure agents would find a way of getting a promised salary out of an English club.....
Yes, but that logic applies to all players under contract. If you tap him up then you can get him on a free. But if he's in contract and you don't want to break the rules then you need pay for him. The only exception between English clubs is when May arrives and he's out of contract in July.
I think the player is legally permitted to talk to other clubs from January if he is out of contract in July.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Owsler wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 11:26 Not sure if we're supposed to link to unconfirmed reports, but:

Salah expected to be fit

Provided it's from a source that most would regard as legitimate, which the Liverpool Echo certainly Is, no problem at all.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Swansea have been boosted by the return of Leon Britton and Ki Sung-Yeung [both calf] who re-joined the main group in full training today. #Swans

Hughton on the knee injury suffered by Izzy Brown: "He was very unlucky, it is what stopped me enjoying tonight. We will access him tomorrow to see the extent of it."

Palace pair set for a spell on the sidelines. “Townsend and Schlupp are unlikely to play for a period of time and that's the last thing we wanted. We already had seven players out - it's making enormous demands on our squad.

Wednesday will come too soon for Ramsey [hamstring]. Wenger doesn’t expect any of those currently injured [Monreal / Giroud / Koscielny] to return in the Carabao Cup. Xhaka and Mustafi face late fitness tests.
“Xhaka [groin] has a test today, we will see how he comes through,” said Wenger. “Mustafi as well. I will know more after training."
Coquelin could be sold this month [but not to West Ham]. Iwobi will be fined if reports suggesting he was partying prior to the game at Forest prove to be true.
Mustafi and Xhaka train ahead of tomorrow’s Carabao Cup semi-final.

Mo Salah looks to be winning his race to recover from a minor groin strain in time for this weekends PL clash with Man City at Anfield.

Ross Barkley is ‘good’ in terms of his fitness - training with the group - but he needs time to adapt physically and tactically. No date set for his debut.
Eden Hazard has recovered from the kick to the calf he sustained at Arsenal a week ago. No other injury concerns ahead of the Carabao Cup semi-final first leg.

(Dinnery)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

hancockjr wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 16:48
I think the player is legally permitted to talk to other clubs from January if he is out of contract in July.
I'm pretty sure the Bosman rule of 6 months only holds for transfers between two different EU football associations, and clubs in the UK are not allowed to talk to a player at all until 3 months left. Source: years of playing Football Manager. :lol: :mrgreen:

Interestingly, I seem to remember reading a while back that Bosman rules will stay in place even after Brexit (despite being an EU Law thing) because the they were since adopted by FIFA and the FA separately.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Izzy Brown confirms [via Instagram] that he will miss the remainder of the season after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament [ACL] during the opening exchanges of Brighton's FA Cup win over Crystal Palace on Monday night.
Brown returns to Chelsea. "It's really disappointing news," said Hughton. "He's made a really good impression and in the second half of the season he would have played more games. We are grateful to Chelsea for the loan, and to Izzy for the impact he has made."

Tottenham are hoping Danny Rose can return later this month after tests confirm his knee injury is not as bad as initially feared. Following the win over Swansea, Pochettino said. "I am not a specialist. I am not a doctor. We need to wait and we will assess him."

Hodgson fearful over injured duo.
"Schlupp left in a surgical boot, and in my experience that tells me it’s not a good sign. Townsend hurt his ankle in the first half and he carried on playing but got taken off at half-time [and he left the ground on crutches].

Speaking at Everton's general meeting today, Sam Allardyce confirms Seamus Coleman "has started training" although he was reluctant to put a timeline on his return.

Angel Rangel [calf] targets a return before the end of January. "You never want to rush back from an injury because you risk it coming back, so you have to take your time. I’m progressing well and hopefully I’ll be back soon."

Mo Salah and Daniel Sturridge were part of the main group in training on Wednesday as Liverpool prepare ahead of this weekends clash with Man City.

(Dinnery)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 17:58 Hughton on the knee injury suffered by Izzy Brown: "He was very unlucky, it is what stopped me enjoying tonight. We will access him tomorrow to see the extent of it."
Assess, shirley? :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 18:01
hancockjr wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 16:48
I'm pretty sure the Bosman rule of 6 months only holds for transfers between two different EU football associations, and clubs in the UK are not allowed to talk to a player at all until 3 months left. Source: years of playing Football Manager. :lol: :mrgreen:

Interestingly, I seem to remember reading a while back that Bosman rules will stay in place even after Brexit (despite being an EU Law thing) because the they were since adopted by FIFA and the FA separately.
It definitely used to be a different UEFA\EU League - imagine the (in olde days) wasted trees of a player playing against his "new" Club.... Are Pre-contract Agreements the same as Contracts?

Admittedly UEFA don't give a fig about such a conflict of interest in CL and EL matches, as long as they get caviar and loads of cash from BT et al :wink:

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Any news on Arnautovic? I can't find much.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Found this, but not sure how legit the source is.
http://www.football.london/west-ham-uni ... y-14132224

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”