To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Ashley Young has been charged with violent conduct. The 32-year-old faces the prospect of a three-match ban if he is found guilty of elbowing Dusan Tadic during the 0-0 draw with Southampton. #MUFC

Meanwhile, the @FA also confirm #Swans full-back Kyle Naughton has been charged with violent conduct following an incident missed by the match officials during yesterday's game against Watford.

Guardiola: “Gabriel Jesus is injured, he will be out for maybe one month of two months.” #MCFC
Should know the full extent of the injury suffered by De Bruyne over next 24-48 hours. Needless to say, not expected to feature against Watford.

“We are massively stretched at the back now. Sakho has been out. Joel Ward is still recovering. And now we have lost Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon. Our resources have been stretched to the limit.” #CPFC
With Mamadou Sakho out and Scott Dann potentially missing for a long period - Hodgson maybe forced to strengthen defensively next month. “It’s not an area up until now we had contemplated improving in the January transfer window.”

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Hodgson on Dann: "It's a serious knee injury. How serious it will turn out to be when he has scan we'll have to wait and see”. (FFScout)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Sead Kolasinac is an early doubt for the game with Chelsea on Wednesday after he was forced off at the Hawthorns. The marauding wing-back failed to recover from a heavy Gareth Barry challenge. #AFC (Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Lukaku likely to miss the upcoming games versus Everton and Derby. "I don’t know [about a timescale]," said Mourinho. "I know that normally bad, bad news arrives immediately. Bad news didn't arrive. I think that there’s a problem for the next two matches. For sure."
Mourinho admits he will find it difficult to rotate his squad for tomorrow's Premier League match-up with Everton due to the amount of players unavailable for the clash. #MUFC

"Hopefully, [Gabriel Jesus] will be one month, maybe two months he will be out," Guardiola. "With Kevin we have been lucky in the past with what has happened from the same actions. I don’t know what will happen in the future. He may not be ready for Watford in a few days.” #MCFC

Not looking good for Dann. "The doctors loathe to make any bold statements, but it doesn’t look good. It looks like a serious knee injury, but how serious it turns out to be after he has the scan, we will have to wait and see."

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Mo Salah has been ruled out of tomorrow's game at Turf Moor with some reports suggesting the in-form attacker is set for at least two-weeks on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury during the win over Leicester. (Dinnery)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Roy seems to have confirmed that RLC will be back for Southampton http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... ury-994353

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Ozil an early doubt for the game against Chelsea. "He is injured and cannot contribute today," Wenger told reporters before the 1-1 draw at West Brom. "He has a little chance [of returning on Wednesday]." #AFC
Pep on Sanchez: "He is a player for Arsenal and I think he is going to stay there. In two days we have another game after that we have meetings. My feeling now is Alexis is an Arsenal player."

Toby Alderweireld [hamstring] is continuing his rehab with outdoor work [estimated return Feb].
Harry Kane [Illness] is hopeful of being fit to face Swansea.
Victor Wanyama [knee] has returned to full training with the first team.
"Wanyama is ready and now there is a lot of competition in the squad,” said Pochettino. “It’s great for the team to be available in such a busy schedule."

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Hodgson hopes to have one or two players back for the trip to Southampton on Tuesday, but refused to name individuals. Loftus-Cheek, McArthur and Sclupp all missed the 0-0 draw with Man City on NYE. #CPFC

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Tammy Abraham faces a late fitness test after sustaining a stomach injury during Saturdays win at Watford. (Dinnery)

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

BBC match preview of BHA-BOU says the following:

Brighton pair Lewis Dunk and Anthony Knockaert must serve a one-match ban after both being booked for the fifth time this season against Newcastle.

Anyone know if this is actually correct? FPL hasn’t flagged Dunk as far as I can see. But if they’re suspended then presumably Sané will be too, so it’s Armageddon for my team!

Apologies in advance if this isn’t the right thread to raise this query - thanks

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Caf wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 10:32 BBC match preview of BHA-BOU says the following:

Brighton pair Lewis Dunk and Anthony Knockaert must serve a one-match ban after both being booked for the fifth time this season against Newcastle.

Anyone know if this is actually correct? FPL hasn’t flagged Dunk as far as I can see. But if they’re suspended then presumably Sané will be too, so it’s Armageddon for my team!

Apologies in advance if this isn’t the right thread to raise this query - thanks
I'm not sure but I think everyone else has said the threshold is now 10 yellow cards, so they would not be suspended.

BBC commentary seems to be quite grabby sometimes. They also said Aguero was playing a poor match against Newcastle just because he had not scored.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Caf wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 10:32 BBC match preview of BHA-BOU says the following:

It's not correct. I know because Burnley had two players pick up their fifth yellow card at Old Trafford on Boxing Day and neither were suspended on Saturday.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

The BBC clearly has difficulty in distinguishing between 19 games and Dec 31st. Amateurs!

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Striker wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 11:03 The BBC clearly has difficulty in distinguishing between 19 games and Dec 31st. Amateurs!
So do the FA, to be fair. Their website page on this is clear as mud.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Thanks guys. You’ve saved me from a busload of unnecessary hits :)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

"Jamie vardy has a little injury to his groin so we can’t take a risk with him. Adrien Silva is eligible so it’s nice to have the possibility of having him on the bench. Important we get a good result to start 2018 with momentum." #LCFC

Howe confirms the reason behind Fraser's omission at the AMEX. "We don't think Ryan's hamstring is anything serious but he's not fit enough for today." #AFCB

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

"I like rotation, I love the quality of my squad and I am really pleased. It was not fantastic football but it was a fantastic attitude. Today it wasn't possible to play brilliantly but it was an open game.” #LFC

Claude Puel says Wes Morgan needs to be fully assessed following his first-half withdrawal. Jamie Vardy [groin] absence was precautionary. #LCFC

Lukaku expected to return after the FA Cup. “I would say a week,” revealed Mourinho ahead of tonight’s game. “It's nothing really important - just a little protection, but no problem." #MUFC

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

from Allardyce:
“We have done all we can with Cenk Tosun. Whether that's enough time will tell in the next 24 hours." #EFC

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Klopp on injuries to Salah & Coutinho - "Phil and Mo are injured, not massively but enough for today [to be] no chance. And [they are] a doubt, at least a doubt, for Everton" (FFScout)

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Sounds like salah will be back for city. Coutinho "injured"?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

"Conte says David Luiz's physical condition has improved a lot in the last couple of days. 'He could be in contention for the Norwich game.'"

source: chelsea fc twitter

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Palace fear they could be without Jason Puncheon and Scott Dann for the remainder of the season after the pair suffered suspected anterior cruciate knee ligament damage during the 0-0 draw with Man City. #CPFC

Morgan sidelined. “It's a bad [hamstring] injury. He slipped on the pitch in the first half. With all the tiredness from the games and we can see a lot of injuries with all the teams. It is difficult.” #LCFC
Huth is set to make a timely return for the U23s tomorrow. The #LCFC centre-back is yet to feature for the first-team in 2017/18 after undergoing surgery in the summer. His comeback coincides with the loss of Morgan who suffered a “bad [hamstring] injury” on New Years Day.

“We have a squad that is equipped to deal with injuries - we’ve shown that in the Europa League and the Carabao Cup… but we cannot lose any more players now.” #AFC
Wenger: “At the moment our injury list is quite long. We lost Kolasinac and Koscielny [at the Hawthorns].”
Ozil [knee] “might” have a fitness test this morning while Koscielny only has a 30% chance of playing against Chelsea.
Kolasinac is expected to be out for around a fortnight.
Monreal [ankle] and Ramsey [hamstring] could return in the FA Cup, if not, Carabao Cup while Oliver Giroud is hoping to be back to face Bournemouth.

No fresh injury concerns for Chelsea. Charly Musonda [groin] is in a similar position to David Luiz. Both could feature in the FA Cup versus Norwich on Saturday. “All my other players are available" #CFC

Initial tests confirm the injury sustained by Kevin de Bruyne at Selhurst Park is not as bad as first feared. While the Belgium international will miss tonight’s game against Watford, it’s understood he could be ready for this weekend, but may not be risked in the FA Cup. #MCFC

Chris Löwe could miss up-to two weeks after aggravating a foot injury on NYD. “We have another scan, but I will probably be out for the next 7-14 days. My foot needs time to recover.” The Terriers left-back has been struggling since picking up the problem at Watford. #HTAFC

(Dinnery)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

"Charly Musonda [groin] is in a similar position to David Luiz."

Too much detail...

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Ben Dinne' get the KDB one correct

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Guardiola confirms Gabriel Jesus [MCL knee injury] will be sidelined for between 4-6 weeks "or a little bit longer, but hopefully as soon as possible." #MCFC
Kyle Walker will be assessed. Limped through the final minutes what what appeared to a groin problem.
"The @FA needs to reflect. I know the show must go on but this is not normal. In England you don’t protect the players. You can't play every two days."
"We are very happy David Silva is back with us. We don’t know how long he will be with us but you saw again today he is an essential player with us. He wants to stay but family is the most important thing in life.''
"It's been a joy to watch while I've been out," reflected John Stones following his recent spell on the sidelines.''
Kevin De Bruyne has an inflammation. Pep: “He had a bit of pain, but he wanted to play. It showed me a lot. He wants to win the Premier League. We want to follow him in this behaviour.”
"We are going to kill [the players]. The bosses at the FA have to reflect. It's not normal to play the 31st and two days later."

Danny Rose will have his knee injury assessed over the coming days. Unable to train following the win over Southampton [2nd game in less then 72 hrs]. #COYS

A knee problem kept Diafra Sakho out of tonights' squad while Andre Ayew had to settle for a place on the bench after complaining of a tight hamstring. No James Collins due to injury. #WHUFC

Hodgson confirms Dann and Puncheon injuries. "It's very bad news. Both have cruciate knee ligament injuries – Scott has got a meniscus injury to his anterior cruciate and Jason has got a rupture in his posterior cruciate." #CPFC

Puel provides an update on Vardy. “Jamie really wants to play in the cup because the game means so much to him. It is not a serious injury and we hope that he will be ready to play. But we cannot take any risks if he is not 100 per cent." #LCFC

(Dinnery)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

What’s an MCL?

ACL or PCL isn’t it?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Zimmerman wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 17:36 What’s an MCL?

ACL or PCL isn’t it?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Medials. Genuinely never heard them referred to as MCL(say that as someone with loads of knee problems and three knee ops (including acl reconstruction).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I on the other hand picked up prepatellar bursitis, also known as, to the delight of my teammates, "Housemaid's knee". :lol: :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Ha ha.. were you popular in the changing rooms?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”