To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2017/18

Post by From4corners »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 11:00 Klopp on .. Robertson - Andrew [Robertson] has had a little less rhythm."
Gee, I wonder why... stupid Klopp. :roll:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 11:00 Klopp on Robertson - "Andrew [Robertson] has had a little less rhythm."

Is Robertson now competing in "Strictly" with Klopp taking over from Bruno?

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Non-native-english-speaking coach not using the right english term surprise.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

From Ben Dinnery:

Full-back Nathaniel Clyne has undergone minor back surgery which could rule him out for up-to three months.

Phil Jones will be assessed ahead of the Newcastle game this weekend while Saturday could come too soon for midfielder Paul Pogba. Carrick and Rojo are closing in on a return to action but the pair may need to build fitness / sharpness before being considered.

Spanish outlet AS claim David Silva is a doubt for tonight's friendly against Russia. The #MCFC playmaker trained away from the main group on Monday due to an unspecified problem.

Kompany feeling good as the City captain closes in on a return: “I feel light, I feel as though I am not carrying an injury and that makes me confident.”

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

More from Dinnery:

Bowen provides Butland update: “He seems to think the time limit, at the very worst, will be around six weeks, but if it manages to knit itself together like we are all hoping it will, then he could be back before then - possibly in around three or four weeks.”

Rojo enters the final phase of his recovery: “Tomorrow I am going to play a [friendly] match with the reserves. I feel good. Up until now I have not had any problems but training is not the same as a match so I will play 45 minutes.”

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

FFScout

Wenger expects Giroud to miss Arsenal's clash with Spurs but says striker's injury is a short-term one.

Wenger: “Mustafi will have a final check [on Friday], Welbeck as well.''

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Ben Dinnery

Wenger says the Achilles injury suffered by Cazorla is the worst he's ever known. Started as a little pain, and got progressively worse. "I feel really sorry for him."

Mertesacker and Chambers are available once again after missing the 3-1 defeat to Man City due to illness and injury respectively.

Harry Kane [knee], Dele Alli [hamstring] and Harry Winks [ankle] have returned to training ahead of Saturday's north London derby.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

From4corners wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 17:12... stupid Klopp. :roll:
Harsh... poor guy's not been well:
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp missed training on Wednesday after being admitted to hospital having felt unwell. Klopp has undergone checks by medical staff and will be released this evening so will not require an overnight stay. (Guardian)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mauricio Pochettino 16/11 as reported on Sky Sports:

"Toby is out. We need to assess him. We expect he will be out for longer than we did previously. Maybe after Christmas. That is the expectation. The injury is in his hamstring. He feels disappointed and a little bit sad but in the same way he is focused now on trying to recover as soon as possible. He is working hard, he is in the first stages of his rehab. Always, with this type of injury, we have to be cautious. We need to wait."

Pochettino is hopeful Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Harry Winks and Hugo Lloris will be fit for the derby on Saturday after missing international action.

"I hope we can count on them for the game but still we need to decide, between the medical staff and us. I am happy because, if they can't play Saturday, surely they are close to playing on Tuesday and next weekend. It is not a big issue like Toby Alderweireld. We have one training session more and we also need to assess the players who have come back from the international break. We are optimistic."

Interesting news about Alderweireld, will that mean a return to a back 4 in some games or will Dier drop back? Looks like Vertonghen should play every game between now and January anyhow.

Would be nice if the news on Kane and Alli were clearer though. :?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Considering I'm already taking hits with the Jones news, Kane not playing this weekend will be a real pisser. Especially if I move on Lukaku and its Aguero (the only player I can take out for him) that does well this GW.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

What about Son? Did he have a long distance flight for his international? Sorry can't find anything on this. It's just he has some good minutes in his last few games?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 14:10 Would be nice if the news on Kane and Alli were clearer though. :?
Yeah, it would be. But it sounds pretty positive to me.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: What about Son? Did he have a long distance flight for his international? Sorry can't find anything on this. It's just he has some good minutes in his last few games?

Yep, played twice in Korea, 10/11 and 14/11, scored twice in one game and blanked in the other. Another long-haul for him.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

More from Ben Dinnery

No update, as yet, on the availability of Erik Lamela. Talking before the internationals Pochettino said: "Maybe after the break he can be available we hope."

Aaron Mooy will be checked on his return following #AUS win over Honduras. "He will be back tonight."
Wagner on whether Mooy will feature this weekend: "We have a lot of experience about Aaron and travelling from international breaks. I’ll speak to him, watch him in training tomorrow and we will make a decision whether he will play.''
Steve Mounié is back in contention for a place in the starting XI. "He had a full week with us so he isn’t a worry.”

With the exception of Kyle Bartley - knee injury - [expected to return in December] "everyone else is fit" confirms Paul Clement.
Renato Sanches, Wilfried Bony, Martin Olsson and Angel Rangel are all available for the trip to Turf Moor.

Christopher Schindler will sit this one out following his sending off against West Brom. However, David Wagner says Martin Cranie has already demonstrated that he is capable of playing the Premier League. "If nothing extraordinary happens he will start next to Zanka.”
Kasey Palmer looks good following his recovery from a hamstring problem. "He’s played with the U23s and will play some further minutes for them on Monday. Our aim is to have him back after the Bournemouth game.”
Michael Hefele [Achilles] is way behind schedule. Not expected to join the training group for another 4-6 weeks - original timeline had the defender back this month. Jon Stanković [ACL] is working on his rehab programme and could return in December.

Chris Wood will be assessed on his return. Expected back on Friday. The Burnley striker has been hampered in recent weeks because of a niggling hamstring issue.

Hodgson confirms Loftus-Cheek [back spasm] did not train today. "We're assessing Ruben, that's the main thing. There's a hope that he will get better."
Christian Benteke [knee] has been back on the training pitches this week but Van Aanholt [hamstring] is yet to make his return. Similarly, Jordon Mutch and Chung-Yong Lee.
Hodgson hints that Benteke is in line for a recall: "I don't think it'll be a risk playing Christian."

Despite making "significant progress" Mauricio Pellegrino confirms Mario Lemina will not be ready for Saturday after failing to recover from an ankle injury.

Steve Sidwell is the only player ruled out for Monday as he continues his recovery from a persistent back problem. Beram Kayal and Sam Baldock are both available for selection after building fitness with the U23s.

Hughes says Jack Butland is disappointed with his setback. "We are hopeful his injury will resolve itself as quickly as possible."
Mark Bowen suggested "at the very worst around 6 weeks, but if it manages to knit itself together, possibly 3 or 4 weeks."
Geoff Cameron is ruled out: "It's taken a little bit longer than we anticipated for him to return. You have to be careful with head injuries and need to do the correct things."

Chris Wood to be assessed: "We will catch up with him tomorrow [Friday]. But our medical team have been in contact and I don’t believe there is anything too major there, just a bit of tightness and soreness. That’s all we know at this stage."
Wells should be available after picking up a slight injury during a behind-closed-doors friendly on Tuesday: "Nahki played in the week and got a minor knock, that's all it was."
Dean Marney is getting closer to a first-team return: "It was the best I've seen him in sense of his sharpness. He's looking more fluid in the way he played and ran. I think that's a big marker because it's a longer-term journey for him to come back."

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Great roundup there! :D

Interesting to see Benteke back in contention so quickly, had assumed he was still a few weeks away yet. Good to hear Loftus-Cheek has at least a chance of playing, I'll need him this weekend if Agüero doesn't feature!

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Zlatan, Pogba and Rojo in the United squad for tomorrow.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Pep confirms Aguero is available for selection.

'He is ok, nothing to be worried'.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Jones "likely to miss out with a thigh injury" according to the United website.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

I have no idea what to do with Aguero now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pulpy wrote:Zlatan, Pogba and Rojo in the United squad for tomorrow.

Wow.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Could come on as an impact sub and score a goal.

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

Nothing on RAHHHHEEEEEEM?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Budhabhoy wrote:Nothing on RAHHHHEEEEEEM?
Pep: “ Sterling played the last 2 games with pain in his back and made a huge effort to play but he is much, much better and hopefully he can play."

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

Sweet...mind you it's pep so that could mean anything Thanks Stemania....will keep in see

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Sometimes I wonder which managers spout positivity just to throw off their opponents. I mean a manager can be 100% honest when they say they hope a player is able to play, but not expect him to, or even plan to have that player in their line up anyway.

hungngo
Kevin and Perry

Post by hungngo »

Stemania wrote:
Budhabhoy wrote:Nothing on RAHHHHEEEEEEM?
Pep: “ Sterling played the last 2 games with pain in his back and made a huge effort to play but he is much, much better and hopefully he can play."
Thanks for the information, keeping him and roll over my FT to next week.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Apparently Matip is doubtful for Saturday http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... p-13919481

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

From Ben Dinnery:

Probably slipped under the radar for a lot following the north London derby defeat but Erik Lamela was back in action [60 minutes] for the U23s on Saturday.

Pep says John Stones will be missing for between 4-6 weeks: “All of the month he will be out. Hopefully he will recover well for the end of January.”
Aguero and Jesus are both fit for the UCL tie versus Feyenoord: "It is my toughest decision. There are a lot of games and they have to be ready to play well, even if it is from the bench."
Insight from Pep following the injury to Mendy: "Sane has to go wide [now], which is why they [Aguero and Jesus] don't play together."

Joel Matip will not feature in Seville on Tuesday after suffering the "smallest [thigh] strain you can have" during the build-up to the Southampton game. However, Lallana has been included following a return to full training.
Liverpool to remain in Seville: “We decided this time we would stay there because of the long flight. We will train there and that’s why we’ve brought a bigger squad with us, so we can have a proper session in the morning."
Lallana may have to bide his time: “He is getting nearer and nearer, but we need him for the rest of the season and not for the next weeks," said Klopp. "He is really knocking on the door and it’s fantastic that he is back. It’s great.”
Matip ruled out: "The squad looks good. They are pretty much all here, apart from Joel. He is in Liverpool and full training. He is good. I think there will be a big chance he will be ready for Saturday, but there was no chance for this game - it was a little bit too quick."

Toby Alderweireld [hamstring] and Victor Wanyama [knee] remain unavailable for the UCL tie vs Dortmund but Danny Rose has travelled with the squad.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Ben Dinnery:

Hazard “feeling good” following his comeback from a fractured ankle. “I have played as a professional for 10 years now and I’ve never had a big injury like this. It was the first time and it gave me two months’ recovery time.”

Oumar Niasse has become the first PL player to be charged by the Football Association for "successful deception of a match official". The Everton attacker has until 6pm to respond.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 13:09 Oumar Niasse has become the first PL player to be charged by the Football Association for "successful deception of a match official". The Everton attacker has until 6pm to respond.
Bullet dodged then as I was half considering putting him in instead of Wilson. Lots of NTI though for Niasse generally so (assuming that once charged the rest is basically a formality) there will be a fair few unhappy owners (and conversely happy DCL owners).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”