To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which Liverpool mid do we want?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which of these is in your team, or would you want if you could get them in?

Coutinho
30%
Mane
20%
Salah
43%
Lallana
No votes
Wijnaldum
No votes
Other
No votes
None
6%

Total votes: 79

huwdo
FISOhead

Re: Which Liverpool mid do we want?

Post by huwdo »

Had Coutinho in most drafts till now.. But the Barcelona gossip has me nervous. Have swapped Countinho/Abraham for Wijnaldum/Firmino...

Wijnaldum's more of a place holder though.. Expect to swap him to jump on the bandwagon for a £5-6m mid from a promoted/mid table team who hits the ground running in GW1-2 (e.g. Knockaert, Groß, Mooy, Ince, Phillips, Ritchie, Atsu, etc..)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

£90M bid rejected by Liverpool from Barca.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Terry Henry wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 22:08 £90M bid rejected by Liverpool from Barca.
will he force the issue?

He was always my 1st Liverpool choice but took him out for Firmino, now thinking of ignoring them all together until the dust settles on this transfer and the CL qualifiers are out of the way.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Liverpool (esp Klopp) seem adamant this is case closed. Do we think Coutinho will sulk like Sanchez has and best to avoid him? He was my pick up until this fiasco. Currently got Salah.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Someone posted that Cout is not in squad for the weekend.....

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Yeah, just seen that. Oh well, Salah it is.

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

I actually feel Firmino / Salah / Mane will all score as their prices suggest with neither outperforming their price point. For that reason I would go Salah and use the exta .5m elsewhere.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Coutinho has handed in a transfer request!

does this change anybody's thinking on the Liverpool players? He's their best player (by far) and without him, or if he is disinterested, it won't make them better that's for certain.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Gambit wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 16:22 Coutinho has handed in a transfer request!

does this change anybody's thinking on the Liverpool players? He's their best player (by far) and without him, or if he is disinterested, it won't make them better that's for certain.
Hasn't changed my mind, they have been playing without Coutinho in pre-season and still look very sharp with Mane, Salah and Firmino spearheading the attack.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

I picked both Mane and Salah and ditched the spurs premium slot Alli/Eriksen, I really hope it was the right decision!

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Stayed on Wjinaldum. Top Liverpool mid for assists last season (except Firmino..), Lallana injured and Mane/Salah/Firmino/Solanke can all put them away...

In predicted starting XI by FFS and TalkSport.. Nervously keeping my eye on Twitter for starting XI announcements though...

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Wijnaldum could be a very clever pick at 7.0

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

huwdo wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 10:31 Stayed on Wjinaldum. Top Liverpool mid for assists last season (except Firmino..), Lallana injured and Mane/Salah/Firmino/Solanke can all put them away...

In predicted starting XI by FFS and TalkSport.. Nervously keeping my eye on Twitter for starting XI announcements though...
So.. That went well...

As did dropping Firmino at 6.45 yesterday :oops:

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

I'm quite happy leaving the midfielders at the moment and going with Firminho. Yes he loses a point per goal and clean sheet points from last year due to the re classification but he does get more bonus points for scoring as a forward. The penalties swung the decision for me. If he loses them I'll need to reconsider.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Salah almost on the way to a price drop! :shock: after rising last week looks like he will drop this week :lol:

Must admit, I'm thinking of getting rid, just don't trust Klopp, he's a b@astard for messing about when there are European games, Coutinho could stay now and Sturridge getting minutes. Edging towards just ignoring Liverpool (and City) and focusing on players who just play and play and play - Alli, Eriksen, Pogba, maybe Siggy when he's fit enough to start each week.

Not doing anything this week as he should play against Arsenal and could be a high scoring game, is anybody else thinking of dropping Salah?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Coutinho once he is healthy. I don't trust Salah and at Mane's price I'd rather have a Spurs mid.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

Gambit wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 14:47 Edging towards just ignoring Liverpool (and City) and focusing on players who just play and play and play - Alli, Eriksen, Pogba, maybe Siggy when he's fit enough to start each week.
Same here. For now anyway. I don't think Liverpool players are essential. Last years FPL winner went the whole season without picking Liverpool players. Not that proves much for this season, there are clearly a good amount of points available in their squad but we could just pick players who are more sure to start for their team and score well like Alli, Eriksen or Pog as you say. Saves a headache and potential disappointment least.

Anyone else pick up on the fact that Mane hasn't scored any bonus points yet? He's scored 2 goals, including the winner in a 1-0 win on Saturday and still no bonus points! He's the one player I'd like from Liverpool but that's kind of dampened his appeal somewhat.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Salah when played full 90 has a goal and assist in both games, plus he's cheaper than Mane and got a point more in less minutes.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I started the season with Mané because I decided to avoid any player newly arrived in the PL from overseas. I also liked his career record against Liverpool's first 4 opponents.

Now is when I start to have to consider the longer term and I don't really like what Klopp has been saying about rotation. I can use the comfort blanket that Mané is Liverpool's best and most important player (and he has been rated as the PL's best player in August by the Telegraph)...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... adio-mane/

...but that makes not a jot of difference if Klopp is set on rotation. Mané, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino... I think you have to expect that they will all face benchings from time to time (as Salah has already). Coutinho staying only makes that even more likely.

I think I will likely take a watching brief until I wildcard but it's quite possible that I'd consider going without any Liverpool then. Unless I feel that I can identify one that is less likely to be rotated than others. I'd like to assume that's Mané but I have a feeling that Firmino may be the least likely to be benched.

Rotation aside, I now accept that Salah is a worthwhile option and has improved since I watched him play at Chelsea, when he was a headless chicken with no end product. He still isn't the greatest finisher but he'll get lots of chances at Liverpool. He could be a reasonable alternative to Mané with an 0.5m or 0.6m differential. Coutinho is the big question, at 8.8m (is that right?) he could turn out to be a great bargain, depending on how he re-integrates and how Klopp uses him.

The bottom line is that I don't know, I don't even know if I want any of them long-term. But I think the prices are about right so in a sense any one will do (if you want one), just take your pick and stick with them. I'd only add that I still think Mané is the one if you intend to captain a Liverpool attacker sometimes. I'd feel more comfortable captaining him than any of the others anyhow.

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

Post by Son of a Gunn(ers) »

Coutinho will now be one to watch but does anybody here think Chamberlain is now viable? Big fee usually means certain starts.......well thats if £40m is actually still a big fee.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ox has the scoring record of a Liverpool rarely used Sub?

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

9 goals in 6 years isnt great but this could be his year. A saying plenty lpool fans know about lol.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I messed up taking Salah out with a WC after his benching in GW2. Any thoughts on Liverpool moving forward based on International Break and their fixtures. I'm resigned to taking hits, but wondering if it's better to wait a week to see what Klopp does.

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

The safe bet is always mane but i do think Salah will start this weekend too and will play most games. The interesting thing with them is when coutinho slots back in and who he affects if and when he plays again. Moving forwards id expect mane and firmino to be the most cemented attacking options.

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

No sure whether to go with Alli, Mane or Salah

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

Son of a Gunn(ers) wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 13:32 The safe bet is always mane but i do think Salah will start this weekend too and will play most games. The interesting thing with them is when coutinho slots back in and who he affects if and when he plays again. Moving forwards id expect mane and firmino to be the most cemented attacking options.
Maybe Coutinho will play CM as Lallana is out?

Son of a Gunn(ers)
Kevin and Perry

I actually think thats where he was going to play anyways meaning he should not affect mane or salah. I think can wijnaldum and henderson are the ones affected by coutinho returning.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Son of a Gunn(ers) wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 18:57 I actually think thats where he was going to play anyways meaning he should not affect mane or salah. I think can wijnaldum and henderson are the ones affected by coutinho returning.
Totally agree

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

For now, yes.

When Lallana is back then Coutinho can play 'instead' of Lallana or any of the current front 3.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Liverpool mids going foward

Post by Kuchi »

Looks like Cout/Mane and Salah will be playing most. Varying prices/playstyles and so on. If you had the choice of one which would people go for? I think Cout could be the best overall just because it allows you to free up that little bit more money. On a side note who will be the pen taker of choice if both Milner and Firmino are off the pitch? Will it default back to Henderson?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”