To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Poll: Lukaku or Kane, who's the beast?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who's the beast?

Lukaku
40%
Kane
60%

Total votes: 68

Skrtel
Treebeard

Poll: Lukaku or Kane, who's the beast?

Post by Skrtel »

Who will become this season's goalscoring beast?
Discuss.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Re: Poll: Lukaku or Kane, who's the beast?

Post by Skrtel »

Lukaku's initial fixtures might give him a flying start
Kane scored 4 more goals last season, 7 of them in the last two games
Lukaku plays in a better team this season
Last edited by Skrtel on 23 Jul 2017, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

velcro
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Pontoon winner 2013/14, 18/19

Post by velcro »

Toughie - not sure how Kane (and Spurs in general) will get on at Wembley.
Do wonder how Lukaku will settle in the team and if the supply will find him.

I've sided with Lukaku initially.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think Kane will score more in total, but it's whether he scores 1m-points-worth more that's the question.

It's tight for me, and Lukaku will have to get pens to compete I reckon. Certainly, early on with United's fixtures as they are Lukaku looks a strong pick. :)

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Harry..no contest

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

"Lukaku plays in a better team this season" if you mean as in better than spurs

Explain? Spurs have a better first 11 than UTD by far as it stands. I am a spurs fan and I may sound biased but I think only City or Chelsea will finish above us this season. Surely most agree here No?

If you mean him playing with better players around him than at Everton then ignore the above :lol:

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

DAREEL wrote:"Lukaku plays in a better team this season" if you mean as in better than spurs

Explain? Spurs have a better first 11 than UTD by far as it stands. I am a spurs fan and I may sound biased but I think only City or Chelsea will finish above us this season. Surely most agree here No?

If you mean him playing with better players around him than at Everton then ignore the above :lol:

I mean this :lol:

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Lukaku early on, I think United will start strongly this season where as Spurs may take a little time to adjust.

Brad
Treebeard

Post by Brad »

DAREEL wrote:"Lukaku plays in a better team this season" if you mean as in better than spurs

You MAY sound biased? If you take your Spurs tinted glasses off for a moment I'll give you the first three that come to mind- in my view De Gea is better than Lloris, Valencia is better than Trippier and Pogba is better than Alli. That said, this is just an opinion... as is yours.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Brad wrote:

You MAY sound biased? If you take your Spurs tinted glasses off for a moment I'll give you the first three that come to mind- in my view De Gea is better than Lloris, Valencia is better than Trippier and Pogba is better than Alli. That said, this is just an opinion... as is yours.

Nothing between lloris and de gea. The best 2 in prem league

I'm give you Valencia ...trippier has some good potential but I rate Valencia yes

Pogba better than Alli???? Come on mate surely this is a joke . Pogba was average at best last season. If Pogba worth 80 mil then Alli hitting 200 mil. Big call that one but fair doos

Like you say though each to their own

Sowenna
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14

Post by Sowenna »

I've got them both in my initial draft, and don't really want to drop either one of them !

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

Brad wrote:

I would disagree with two of those, and that isn't even considering my own bias. I don't see any real difference in quality between Lloris and De Gea, and I'm yet to see anything in a Utd shirt which suggests Pogba is a better player than Alli.

If we were to compare regular starters (would compare XI's but they play different formations) I'm struggling to think of many Utd players who are better than Tottenham's equivalent. Valencia > Trippier, Herrera > Dembele, Rashford > Son... Can't think of any more IMO.

Spurs have significantly better LB's AND CB's, the best No. 10 in the division and the best striker in the division. I'm not sure the likes of Martial or Mkhitaryan are better than Eriksen, although this is where the different styles of play show different player types and roles so makes it harder to compare.

Quite comfortably though, I think Spurs' squad and best XI is better.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I've got both and I don't want to lose either, if forced then I'd drop Kane purely because he's 1m more and United have far better fixtures over the first month or so.

Over the season? it's tough. Think United will be much improved this year, and I expect them to start well and then maintain it.

Spurs have an excellent 1st 11 but I worry about their complete lack of transfer activity so far, Wembley will be a factor and with the CL I fear that their squad looks a little lacking.

4 goals between them last year and as mentioned Kane got 7 in those storming last two fixtures.

As the poll is asking us to choose, I'll go with Lukaku, I think Kane is the best striker in the league but Lukaku is now playing with better players in a more dominant team, so I expect him to improve on last season, fitness permitting he will go close to 30 goals.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Baerardi wrote:
Brad wrote:

I would disagree with two of those, and that isn't even considering my own bias. I don't see any real difference in quality between Lloris and De Gea, and I'm yet to see anything in a Utd shirt which suggests Pogba is a better player than Alli.

If we were to compare regular starters (would compare XI's but they play different formations) I'm struggling to think of many Utd players who are better than Tottenham's equivalent. Valencia > Trippier, Herrera > Dembele, Rashford > Son... Can't think of any more IMO.

Spurs have significantly better LB's AND CB's, the best No. 10 in the division and the best striker in the division. I'm not sure the likes of Martial or Mkhitaryan are better than Eriksen, although this is where the different styles of play show different player types and roles so makes it harder to compare.

Quite comfortably though, I think Spurs' squad and best XI is better.

Son is better than Rashford for me. Son is fantastic, Rashford if he wasn't English wouldn't be as hyped i feel.

That's not saying he won't be but as it stands id take son over missford any day of the week
That's my opinion and subjective though.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Son is underrated but Ashford actually is very good

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's not even about goals for me in FPL, it will be who I trust to captain and this year we have much more choice

Sent from mobile

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

People seem to quote the respective goalscoring records last year as if there wasn't much to chose between them (Kane 29 goals, Lukaku 25).

This ignores the fact that Kane missed a large chunk of games through injury, playing only 2536 minutes compared to Lukaku's 3267

So, In reality, Kane completely out-muscled him with a goal every 87 minutes, compared to Lukaku's goal every 131 minutes. Or, depending on which way you work the maths, Kane was 33% a bigger beast than Lukaku, or Lukaku was a 49% smaller beast than Kane.

It's a bit like Lukaku being the T-rex of the Premier League, and then Godzilla coming along.

Brad
Treebeard

Post by Brad »

Archy wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 14:14 People seem to quote the respective goalscoring records last year as if there wasn't much to chose between them (Kane 29 goals, Lukaku 25).

This ignores the fact that Kane missed a large chunk of games through injury, playing only 2536 minutes compared to Lukaku's 3267

So, In reality, Kane completely out-muscled him with a goal every 87 minutes, compared to Lukaku's goal every 131 minutes. Or, depending on which way you work the maths, Kane was 33% a bigger beast than Lukaku, or Lukaku was a 49% smaller beast than Kane.

It's a bit like Lukaku being the T-rex of the Premier League, and then Godzilla coming along.
Agree. Way less minutes, more goals. He may start slow (poor early fixtures, new stadium) but will finish top scorer this season.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Kane.

Believe it or not, he should not be just 1m more than Lukaku.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Kane definitely carried more open play goal threat last year (and had 6 pens, including a missed one, to Lukaku's 1) but it's a bit unfair to not recognise the change in circumstance with Lukaku.

However, Ibra's stats were pretty similar to Lukaku's last year so I don't know that there will be much improvement (except from the expected pen duty?) I do agree that Kane is the better FPL prospect, but then there is the price to think about.

It's probably just as interesting to compare Lukaku to Aguero/Jesus because I think if you're start point is "I can have one of Kane/Lukaku" then you should probably pick Kane in my book.

Markman
Wideboy
FS Record: I coulda been a contender

Post by Markman »

Mav3rick wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 17:36 However, Ibra's stats were pretty similar to Lukaku's last year so I don't know that there will be much improvement (except from the expected pen duty?) I do agree that Kane is the better FPL prospect, but then there is the price to think about.
I read an article regarding last season which highlighted that Ibra was poor at scoring easy chances (ones he should be expected to score) but very good at scoring difficult chances (ones he would have a low expectation of scoring). Lukaku showed as the opposite. You would think that at United Lukaku will get more of these good opportunities than he would at Everton.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”