To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Show us your current GW1 squad

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
OIEIAO
FISOhead

Re: Show us your current GW1 squad

Post by OIEIAO »

asm_fanz wrote:
boise1234 wrote:
Huxley wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:Well one thing's for sure - Foster/Myhill is very popular...
Yeah, a template is emerging!

Cheapest keeper combination and good fixtures I guess?
Surely Foster / Elliot makes more sense?
In the first 7 GWs (which is up to the 2nd international break, at which time I suspect most managers will have wildcarded), Elliot has a much better fixture than Foster in GW6 only. I don't think the gamble is worth it, and I prefer the safety net of having Myhill in case anything happens to Foster
I've actually got Eilliot on my bench right now but this will probably change. If you want another reason not to pick him, if Elliot loses out immediately (or when the transfer window closes) he is likely to be shipped out by some people and therefore be a risk of an early price drop. In contrast, I doubt so many will be looking to bin Myhill. Starting with Myhill and switched to a live 4.0 option, whoever that is, might be less risky.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Terry Henry wrote:This is mine for now. Obviously no Arsenal or City but just not certain about any of them yet. I'd love Aguero/Jesus or Sane in there and each can be put in with one transfer. Only weakness is Loftus but it's worth the risk.Image
As much as i love your Chelsea picks, three is too many for the GW2 to GW5
Other than that I like it. Bring on the future teams :)

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Iv''e changed this a lot and tried different formations, even 5-2-3 with almost premium on every position. Though, I decided to not spend that much in defence (TAA might be replaced by another 4.5, but he's a good selection if Clyne is injured). Milner and Valencia was both really tempting.

These slots is the most interesting for me:
Pedro is a good selection in Hazard's absence - Pedro most start every game? Also Morata might be a good signing for Pedro
Mkhitaryan, I watched utd vs city and they have lot of devastating pace in the attacks. Good fixtures initially.
Austin is a natural goalgetter and with Southampton's opening fixtures he's got good opportunities to bags som goals.
Also, these three slots is the ones i might change early in the season, both Pedro and Mkhiti can easily be replaced by an early bandwagon, and I want that oppurtinty. If I have cheaper midfielders (Obiang, Yacob etc) and instead another premium up front (Morata), or maybe downgrade one of Mkhiti/Pedro and upgrade the other, I wouldn't be as flexible in the transfer market as I am with this line up.

Coutinho, Eriksen (might be Alli) is the heartbeat of my midfield and Lukaku/Jesus will lead the frontline.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 12.40.21.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Re: RE: Re: Show us your current GW1 squad

Post by Terry Henry »

Skrtel wrote:Iv''e changed this a lot and tried different formations, even 5-2-3 with almost premium on every position. Though, I decided to not spend that much in defence (TAA might be replaced by another 4.5, but he's a good selection if Clyne is injured). Milner and Valencia was both really tempting.

These slots is the most interesting for me:
Pedro is a good selection in Hazard's absence - Pedro most start every game? Also Morata might be a good signing for Pedro
Mkhitaryan, I watched utd vs city and they have lot of devastating pace in the attacks. Good fixtures initially.
Austin is a natural goalgetter and with Southampton's opening fixtures he's got good opportunities to bags som goals.
Also, these three slots is the ones i might change early in the season, both Pedro and Mkhiti can easily be replaced by an early bandwagon, and I want that oppurtinty. If I have cheaper midfielders (Obiang, Yacob etc) and instead another premium up front (Morata), or maybe downgrade one of Mkhiti/Pedro and upgrade the other, I wouldn't be as flexible in the transfer market as I am with this line up.

Coutinho, Eriksen (might be Alli) is the heartbeat of my midfield and Lukaku/Jesus will lead the frontline.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 12.40.21.png
I think it has to be Alli

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

My gut feeling says Eriksen, you should never underestimate the power of the guts

But yes, might be Alli

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Post by KingMaalik »

OIEIAO you can beef up your midfield by using your 2.5 itb and going RLC>>>7.0 (Willian?) or, if you feel you need Lukaku back just upgrade Morata and with the 1M left you can pick a 5.5 mid instead...(personnally waiting for Gundogan but i do like JWP if he starts regularly )...

you'll be playing 442 waiting for Abraham to start firing if he does and your Alli Sane Ramsey Willian mids will look very good... I just love MIDS as you can see in my team on 1st page... : )

Vengeant87
Cheetah
FS Record: 0-0

Post by Vengeant87 »

Foster - Myhill
Bertrand - Naughton - Trippier - Daniels - Alonso
Zaha - Alli - Wijnaldum - Mirallas - Townsend
Lukaku - Morata - Gayle

adrock
Wideboy

Post by adrock »

Here's mine so far
IMG_2955.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Bench is trash, don't mind. WCing early.

adrock
Wideboy

Post by adrock »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 13:06 Image

i like this team, and is super similar to my other alternative. the thing that made me change mine around a bit was de bruyne. not sure how city will start the league at the mo as their limited preseason so far has been underwhelming. suppose we'll know more in a week or 2

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 13:06 Image

this is almost identical to mine apart from:

Myhill -> Elliott
Yedlin -> Lascalles
Rosenior -> Rangel
Willian -> Zaha

still not too sure about KdB and Rodriguez

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yeah, nothing set in stone. Still playing around with Aguero, Lacazette.

Latest news on the block is Austin is the first choice for SOTON's 9. With Gabbi playing in behind him or on the wing. If this is the case, I might upgrade J-Rod to Austin and drop Tadic to Ritchie.

J-Rod and Tadic are both good players with potential but, there's still a lot of question marks. Pulis ability to produce goals and Tadic's role this season.

I think Ritchie and Austin have more points with them, both being set-piece/pen takers and both naturally good finishers.

At the end of the day, I'm not too concerned with the 'fillers' in my squad, as long as I have great captaincy options week in week out I'm happy.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 14:03 Yeah, nothing set in stone. Still playing around with Aguero, Lacazette.

Latest news on the block is Austin is the first choice for SOTON's 9. With Gabbi playing in behind him or on the wing. If this is the case, I might upgrade J-Rod to Austin and drop Tadic to Ritchie.

J-Rod and Tadic are both good players with potential but, there's still a lot of question marks. Pulis ability to produce goals and Tadic's role this season.

I think Ritchie and Austin have more points with them, both being set-piece/pen takers and both naturally good finishers.

At the end of the day, I'm not too concerned with the 'fillers' in my squad, as long as I have great captaincy options week in week out I'm happy.
didn't Ritchie have a poor season last time he was in the Prem

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I have some template guys:

Foster/Myhill
Trippier/Cedric/Lindelof/Francis/Hunemeier
Willian/Zaha/Redmond/Mkhitaryan/Carroll
Kane/Morata/Lukaku

Shawshank
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shawshank »

As it stands

Foster (Myhill)
Trippier/Cedric/Monreal (Yedlin)(Long)
Mane/Alli/Ramsey/Willian (RLC)
Aguero/Lukaku/Austin

Angel71
Cheetah

Post by Angel71 »

Still pondering...

Foster (Elliot)
Walker- Luiz - Trippier - Lindelöf (Dunk)
De Bruyne - Pogba - Willian (RLC - Carroll)
Kane - Lukaku - Ayew

niicepants
Kevin and Perry

Post by niicepants »

Unsure of Lacazette, but he's in as a diff

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

niicepants wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 11:12 Image
Unsure of Lacazette, but he's in as a diff
Really like it except for Lanzini, personally.

Mak

Post by Mak »

Foster/Myhill

Luiz/Trippier/Cedric/(Yedlin)/(Hunemeier)

Alli/Coutinho/Willian/Tadic/(Carroll)

Lukaku/Lacazette/Benteke

I might go big and play Benteke as a captain in GW1, any thoughts?

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Currently have
Forster/trippier/cedric/lindelof/
Pogba/coutinho/willian/ramsey/
Rodriguez/kane/lukaku
With a bench of nordfelt/loftus-cheek/evans/rangel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

IMG_8249.PNG
Pretty set on those 3 up front which means cut backs need to be made elsewhere. Possibly Daniels to Mee to allow an upgrade of RLC to Milivojevic? To mix between 3-4-3 and 4-3-3

vodrake
Cheetah

Post by vodrake »

Foster/Myhill

Daniels/Trippier/Cedric/Lascelles/Hunemeier

Alli/Mkhitarian/Willian/Zaha/Loftus-Cheek

Lukaku/Chicharito/Kane

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

OIEIAO wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 10:32 Foster (4.5) - Elliott (4)
Alonso (7) - Trippier (5.5) - Cedric (5) - Mawson (5) - Prodl (4.5)
Alli (9.5) - Sane (8.5) - Ramsey (7) - Loftus-Cheek (4.5) - Carroll (4.5)
Kane (12.5) - Morata (10) - Abraham (5.5)

Still 2.5 in the bank.

I'm trying to start with a relatively "safe" team having lost patience with my initial team very quickly last season I think I'd keep faith in all of the above players to recover from early blanks. Abraham may be a rotation risk.

I really fancy starting off with 4-3-3, I think there are great defensive options at 5.0 that justify the extra spend over lots of 4.5s.

I'm really not inspired by KDB or Liverpool's endless list of £8m+ attacking mids, and Sanchez is probably a premium too far at the outset (if he actually stays) so not sure how I'd use the 2.5 to beef up that midfield at the moment.

I like the look of Morata as an option over Lukaku. That could change though.
Use the 2.5 to upgrade Abraham to Defoe?

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

Forster
Cahill/Trippier/Lindelof/Daniels/Cedric
Mane/Ramsey/Willian
Morata/Lukaku

Foster/Demerai Gray/Loftus Cheek/Chicharito

1 million in the bank

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Think I've found the team I'm happy with:

Foster (Myhill)
Alonso, Cedric, Trippier (Morgan, Lascallas)
Willian, Coutinho, Ramsey, Fabregas (Carroll)
Kane, Lukaku, Gayle
:)

Love it.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

Currently:

Foster (Elliot)
Alonso, Cedric, Trippier (Taylor, Tomkins)
Willian, Alli, Zaha, Redmond (Barry)
Kane, Lukaku, Austin

Very likely to change a hundred times before the start though, particularly the cheapo bench fodder :)

hartvix
Treebeard

Post by hartvix »

For what it's worth, my analyzer program that looks at FPL stats currently comes up with this as the best squad, but it only looks at the first four fixtures of the season.

While this program is "stupid" in the sense that it only looks at simple stats, and therefor comes up with some strange selections, it also shows that there's very little choice in the sort of golden midfield bracket (7m-9m) this season. I'm guessing that will change once a few GWs have passed.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Well I'd happily take 77 points for the first GW :D

Do you know why your program picked Quaner? Just a random 4.5m striker that fits the structure? I remember having a look at him in case I went for a front 2, he roughly started every other game last year after joining Huddersfield

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Stephens, Gundogan and McArthur (even Sanchez) are risky to say the least. I don't think there's any team you'd expect to get 77 from in a single gameweek because of the captain element. Need to be averaging 6 per game from each of 10 players plus about 9 points for the captain. I don't think there's a score I'd happily take but I think I'd accept a rank in the top 600k for sure.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Show us your current GW1 squad

Post by jacksosi »

I'm still on 523, only concern is the lack of ManU...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”