To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rashford

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Rashford

Post by Vsz »

Very little mention so far but with great opening fixtures, Lukaku in but Rooney and Ibra out, he's currently in my draft team at 7.5mil.

No one else keen?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Re: Rashford

Post by asm_fanz »

I heard Mourinho might be keen on playing Lukaku and Rashford together. I'm interested but I need to see more in preseason and hear more about it to consider taking the risk

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Same. He's a steal if he's a starter.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Watch the 2 preseason games Rashford look good but with Lingard playing on left wing seems to me as a better option

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

asm_fanz wrote:I heard Mourinho might be keen on playing Lukaku and Rashford together.
I assumed that meant Rashford out wide tbh. Has Mourinho ever played two up top?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Stemania wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:I heard Mourinho might be keen on playing Lukaku and Rashford together.
I assumed that meant Rashford out wide tbh. Has Mourinho ever played two up top?
the 2 games so far Lingard was wide and Rashford and Lukaku was at striker didn't see second half of Salt lake game so not sure if Rashford played

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

He scored again last night in 2-0 win over Citeh

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

We now have Lukaku, Rashford and Mkhitaryan all showing strong form pre-season.

Choosing which United attacking asset(s) is starting to give me a headache.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

It's hard to pick him without knowing if he's a nailed on starter or not. Kinda like late last season when he had those DGW and people brought him in and he didn't really deliver (or play both games?).

If he starts, he's well worth it. But will he start consistently? Or is he a rotation risk?

I think I'll probably wait and see, probably regret it if he starts and scores early on and goes up in price, but hey!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

If he starts isn't it going to be a wide player, with duties tracking back, much like Mourinho enforced on Hazard?

No pens or set pieces, not guaranteed game time and when he does play he may well get less direct box involvement? He's not even cheap to make up for it, so I'm struggling a little.

If you have a 7.5 slot I can't see why you'd not pick Josh King, Lorrente or Rooney (later) first. I'd be way more interested in Defoe for 0.5 more too or even potential moves like Iheancho at Leicester.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Mav3rick wrote:If he starts isn't it going to be a wide player, with duties tracking back, much like Mourinho enforced on Hazard?

No pens or set pieces, not guaranteed game time and when he does play he may well get less direct box involvement? He's not even cheap to make up for it, so I'm struggling a little.

If you have a 7.5 slot I can't see why you'd not pick Josh King, Lorrente or Rooney (later) first. I'd be way more interested in Defoe for 0.5 more too or even potential moves like Iheancho at Leicester.
Agreed, at the price point there's arguably players that have higher upside and guaranteed game time to consider. King is a good call and so is Llorente. Another one, albeit a bit risky, is Gayle from Newcastle and he's 6.5. If he can start the season well and adapt to this leve he could be a real steal at that price.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Going by Football Lineups numbers, Rashford started in the league out wide 10 times and up front 6 times, and was subbed on a further 16 times (at an average of 21 minutes per sub-appearance).

His shot stats from last year aren't great, with especially damning numbers for minutes per shot in the box (50) and minutes per shot on target (100.1). Unless there's a change of positioning alongside some guaranteed minutes I think he would be one to avoid.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Mike1989 wrote:It's hard to pick him without knowing if he's a nailed on starter or not. Kinda like late last season when he had those DGW and people brought him in and he didn't really deliver (or play both games?).

If he starts, he's well worth it. But will he start consistently? Or is he a rotation risk?

I think I'll probably wait and see, probably regret it if he starts and scores early on and goes up in price, but hey!
DGWs last season were significantly influenced by Mourinho's need to keep Rashford fit to play in the final stages of Europa League once Ibra was injured.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Mav3rick wrote:Going by Football Lineups numbers, Rashford started in the league out wide 10 times and up front 6 times, and was subbed on a further 16 times (at an average of 21 minutes per sub-appearance).

His shot stats from last year aren't great, with especially damning numbers for minutes per shot in the box (50) and minutes per shot on target (100.1). Unless there's a change of positioning alongside some guaranteed minutes I think he would be one to avoid.
Last year's numbers may not be so important when you consider this was all part of Mourinho's development plan for him.

Now he's a year older, stronger, bigger (3cm apparently) and more experienced, we can reasonably expect him to be used much more this year, and not necessarily out wide. That's certainly the impression I get from Mourinho's comments

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ted-attack

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'm not interested in Rashford yet. I don't think he'll get enough shots to be worth a spot in our teams over pure strikers like Defoe.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”