To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Skrtel
Treebeard

Chelsea defence

Post by Skrtel »

Of course Alonso seems to be the better pick, but he is also quite expensive. Could it, for example, be worth to save 1.0 and select Luiz? Any suggestions on the chelsea defence? Cahill actually scored most FPL points last season.

Cahill 6.5
Alonso 7.0
Azpilicueta 6.5
David Luiz 6.0
Moses 6.0
Zouma 5.5
Rudiger 6.0

Cahill, Alonso and Azpi all scored 170+ last season.
David Luiz do takes some free kicks, right (even do he never scores at these spectacular events :lol: ?)?
Cahill and Alonso scored 6 goals each
Alonso and Azpi scored 5 assist each
Luiz scored 1 + 1, can he increase those numbers this season?
Moses out of the question?

Is this the line up?
Alonso - Rudiger - Cahill - Luiz - Azpi
Last edited by Skrtel on 17 Jul 2017, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Chelsea defence

Post by cesc408 »

I would avoid at the start. Think other teams have better fixtures and can be better value for money elsewhere, especially at the start.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Can't see Azpi at rwb personally. He was Chelseas best centre back last season.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

It's hard to see the points distribution changing much at Chelsea, I'd imagine they would score similar again.

ryan2032
Wideboy

Post by ryan2032 »

I'm avoiding Chelsea defenders. In the second half of the season just gone they struggled for clean sheets. I looked at the fixtures and Chelsea have some really tough games after the initial fixture up until October.

Alonso takes a cracking free kick and with Hazard out Luiz could be on pens. Only benefits I can see.

I would actually say the best pick is Zouma at Stoke. Will play every game and is a set piece dangerman.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Willian is for sure Chelsea's second pen taker after Hazard.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

So far I have not seen Andreas Christensen being priced in either TFF or FPL. He has returned after a two year loan spell from Monchengladbach in Germany. Gladbach were determined to keep him, I even recall to have read that they were prepared to buy him for 20m to 25m EUR. But Chelsea wanted to have him back in the squad. Whilst Ake has been sold and Zouma will be probably loaned to Stoke - as the rumours go -, Christensen is still with the squad. Experienced in the Bundesliga and the Champions League, he might well get his chance.

There were also articles that he would refuse to come back to be on the bench.
http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/303 ... nch-father

He is the forgotten man once it comes to articles talking about Chelsea being short of options. I could imagine that Cahill's position is most under threat from him. One to watch out for.

Food for thought. :wink:

ryan2032
Wideboy

Post by ryan2032 »

Resonare wrote:Willian is for sure Chelsea's second pen taker after Hazard.
No guarantees he will play. Luiz is probably the best penalty taker in the squad. Fabregas might also take penalties.

ryan2032
Wideboy

Post by ryan2032 »

Lucky wrote:So far I have not seen Andreas Christensen being priced in either TFF or FPL. He has returned after a two year loan spell from Monchengladbach in Germany. Gladbach were determined to keep him, I even recall to have read that they were prepared to buy him for 20m to 25m EUR. But Chelsea wanted to have him back in the squad. Whilst Ake has been sold and Zouma will be probably loaned to Stoke - as the rumours go -, Christensen is still with the squad. Experienced in the Bundesliga and the Champions League, he might well get his chance.

He is the forgotten man once it comes to articles talking about Chelsea being short of options. I could imagine that Cahill's position is most under threat from him. One to watch out for.

At the moment Christensen has to be in the squad because Chelsea lack players to fulfill the homegrown quota. As a Chelsea fan I was sad to see Ake to go who was also HG but a very versatile and good player.

The one place Chelsea don't lack quality and depth is in defence. Rudiger has just joined and Christensen returning. Cahill is the weakest link and is not great on the ball. Maybe Dave will get moved to RWB but Chelsea have been linked with Danilo.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

ryan2032 wrote:
Lucky wrote:So far I have not seen Andreas Christensen being priced in either TFF or FPL. He has returned after a two year loan spell from Monchengladbach in Germany. Gladbach were determined to keep him, I even recall to have read that they were prepared to buy him for 20m to 25m EUR. But Chelsea wanted to have him back in the squad. Whilst Ake has been sold and Zouma will be probably loaned to Stoke - as the rumours go -, Christensen is still with the squad. Experienced in the Bundesliga and the Champions League, he might well get his chance.

At the moment Christensen has to be in the squad because Chelsea lack players to fulfill the homegrown quota. As a Chelsea fan I was sad to see Ake to go who was also HG but a very versatile and good player.

The one place Chelsea don't lack quality and depth is in defence. Rudiger has just joined and Christensen returning. Cahill is the weakest link and is not great on the ball. Maybe Dave will get moved to RWB but Chelsea have been linked with Danilo.
Sorry, I am not sure whether your argument is correct. Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Tammy Abrahams, Ake ... all home grown. So why do they keep Christensen? Just for the sake of the quota?

You are certainly right on your assessment that defence - as probably midfield - Chelsea do not lack quality. The big challenge in the team is just to find the main striker, as we all are aware.

ryan2032
Wideboy

Post by ryan2032 »

Lucky wrote:
ryan2032 wrote:

Sorry, I am not sure whether your argument is correct. Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Tammy Abrahams, Ake ... all home grown. So why do they keep Christensen? Just for the sake of the quota?

You are certainly right on your assessment that defence - as probably midfield - Chelsea do not lack quality. The big challenge in the team is just to find the main striker, as we all are aware.
Sorry I did mean to say he is a quality defender aswell :D No way is he just being kept just for HG reasons, I sort of meant he defiantly won't be sold. Just worded it completely wrong TBH.

Be interesting to see how much he is priced at but I can't see Dave and Luiz being moved so it seems like a fight between Christensen, Rudiger and Cahill for the other spot in the back 3. More games this year so I'm sure he will get his chance.

I can't see Chelsea keeping many clean sheets in the first few months though, tough fixtures and no Matic who added extra steel in front of the defence. Just my views and don't mean much though.

As you can tell there won't be any Chelsea defenders in my team :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ryan2032 wrote:I'm avoiding Chelsea defenders. In the second half of the season just gone they struggled for clean sheets. I looked at the fixtures and Chelsea have some really tough games after the initial fixture up until October.
The Defenders actually aren't as good as many may think: and they kept the early CS's due to organisation etc, which was then exposed, imho.

I haven't a clue how they will set up, but Cahill should consider himself fortunate to be a regular starter this season.

On pens: Kun :wink:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Somewhere I read an article about the height of the Chelsea defenders. The right wing with both Moses and Azpi was a concern. They were first exposed in 2-0 defeat at Spurs (Ali goal). Replacing Cahill through Christensen is obviously an age consideration (31 vs 21). Cahill more likely to start the season, but later on phased out similar to JT. Either of Bakayoko and Kante will be rotated with Fabregas depending on opposition or score during the match. Probably an improved solid set-up. Below is how I expect Chelsea to play rather sooner than later.

------------------------------------------Courtois--------------------------------------

------------------ Rüdiger (6"3) ------ Luiz (6"2) -------- Christensen (6"2)

Azpi (5"10) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Alonso (6"2)

-----------------------Kante --------------------Bakayoko

ryan2032
Wideboy

Post by ryan2032 »

blahblah wrote:
ryan2032 wrote:I'm avoiding Chelsea defenders. In the second half of the season just gone they struggled for clean sheets. I looked at the fixtures and Chelsea have some really tough games after the initial fixture up until October.
The Defenders actually aren't as good as many may think: and they kept the early CS's due to organisation etc, which was then exposed, imho.

I haven't a clue how they will set up, but Cahill should consider himself fortunate to be a regular starter this season.

On pens: Kun :wink:
Kung on pens would be a dream come true :D

With Bakayako out at the start of the season and Matic off I'm not sure there will be enough protection in front of the defence. Danilo would be a good pick in my eyes depending on the price and if he joins.

danjones
Treebeard

Post by danjones »

Luiz into DMC alongside Kante then to cover those two?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I'll probably be avoiding Chelsea's defence for the start of the season. Granted they netted me a lot of points in this fantasy game and the sky sports one, but backend of the season they were not as consistent as earlier on. I guess if you can afford a couple of 7 million defenders then Alonso and Azpi would be good choices, especially Alonso due to his ability going forwards.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”