To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

No love for Austin?? (Gabbiadini or Austin)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
bhavishya222
Kevin and Perry

No love for Austin?? (Gabbiadini or Austin)

Post by bhavishya222 »

I personally believe that he deserves to be mentioned and have a look at him... he was pure gold with qpr and now that he is back from injury I can see him repeat the same. With awesome opening fixture he deserves to be more than a punt ..

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: No love for Austin??

Post by Sutter Kane »

Let's have a look at pre-season. Gabbiadini is there too and to start with seemed to be playing so well that we thought they didn't even need Austin.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Wait and see. Fixtures are great but I'm not sure if Saints will be goal mad

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Austin is in my first draft (along with Cedric and Tadic actually), but yes wait and see if he'll be starting up top (perhaps even with Gabbiadini)

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Is there a big chance he will play?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Skrtel wrote:Is there a big chance he will play?
I think there is yes. But it's not big enough for me yet.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Watching brief for now, but he's on my radar as a strategy altering (cheap third striker) pick.

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Scored a brace today against Brentford.

bhavishya222
Kevin and Perry

Post by bhavishya222 »

I like him.. he is going in my draft for sure

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Arhaych wrote:Scored a brace today against Brentford.
He for sure got a goalgetters touch (00:45 – 01:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hPvAdQRHgU

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

Mav3rick wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 13:44 Watching brief for now, but he's on my radar as a strategy altering (cheap third striker) pick.
yes, think I am going to go for this strategy too - Kane + Lukaka + 6/7m third striker Gayle and Austin both have good looking early fixtures - possibly try to stretch to 8m for Benteke or 7.5m for Rooney from week 6 onward...

FirstWeekWildcard
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 7 x top 10k

Post by FirstWeekWildcard »

Charlie Austin is a pub standard footballer
....who plays for a pub standard club. 2 of his goals against Brentford came from a soft defensive error and an opportunistic 3 yard tap in. such pub football, such mediocrity.

i would rather quit this game than transfer such an obviously overrated and frankly non-talented player.

Why have you guys not mentioned this yet? Wasn't this obvious from the 2014/15 season?

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

Firstweek/

He scored 18 goals 14/15

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

FirstWeekWildcard wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 20:01 Charlie Austin is a pub standard footballer
....who plays for a pub standard club. 2 of his goals against Brentford came from a soft defensive error and an opportunistic 3 yard tap in. such pub football, such mediocrity.

i would rather quit this game than transfer such an obviously overrated and frankly non-talented player.

Why have you guys not mentioned this yet? Wasn't this obvious from the 2014/15 season?
You're the sort of manager who would have avoided putting Kevin Phillips at his peak in your team. I hate the phrase but it's true, Charlie knows where the net is.

Perhaps you should rephrase your "quit comment" if you don't want to be thought a bit of a berk even by those who wouldn't choose to touch Austin with a barge pole. :wink: :wink:

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

when fixtures came out im saying yes to Southampton, then im thinking who do i really want in my team above Kane Lukuku, Aguero, Jesus ...proven top class strikers or between Alli, Erikson, Sanchez, DeBruyne, Coutinho...
for me its 3 top forwards or 3 top midfielders, that is the decision and the medium priced strikers just dont do it for me,

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Too pub standard. Austin is a has-been.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

FirstWeekWildcard wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 20:01 Charlie Austin is a pub standard footballer

Haha I started that thread 2 years ago and made a perfect prediction that Austin would descend into mediocrity :wink:

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I like the idea of having him but will he play week in week out?

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Terry Henry wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 09:34 I like the idea of having him but will he play week in week out?
He's started the last two friendlies, which bodes well. Hopefully we'll find out more in the coming weeks. Austin's injury last season really derailed the 3-4-3 for me; think he could be a great option if fit.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Spoke with a saints guy I really trust and he thinks Austin will be starting atm.

DelR
Red & Blue Braces

Post by DelR »

What's happened to Gabbiadini then? Would've thought he's more of a guaranteed starter and a better quality player. Austin good at times but misses lots of games.

Derek

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Quite an interesting thread on the Southampton forum regarding starting strikers:

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread. ... XfNFRnTXqA

Seems most think Gabbi will play just off Austin. I reckon they'll play this in the easier games, and it just so happens their first five or six games are pretty straight forward.

Arc
Cheetah

Post by Arc »

Interesting, but if Gabbiadini starts along with Austin in a 2 man striker set-up, could that impact Austin appeal, as he is no longer the main men for the source of attacking points at Southampton as it will be shared with Gabbiadini. Also, out of the two, who would be on pens?

Shawshank
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shawshank »

Arc wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 03:40 Interesting, but if Gabbiadini starts along with Austin in a 2 man striker set-up, could that impact Austin appeal, as he is no longer the main men for the source of attacking points at Southampton as it will be shared with Gabbiadini. Also, out of the two, who would be on pens?
As it stands I expect Austin to start as a lone striker with Gabbiadini playing from a wide position. I'd also expect Austin to be on penalties. Austin currently looks much better value of the two

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

Looks like Austin could potentially be one of the best value picks in the game if he cements a place as lone striker on pens. Very tempting pick with Southhampton's kind fixtures but as it stands he looks too risky to put in my GW1 team, maybe if Gabs breaks his leg. If he starts first three GWs he's straight in on my WC.

cuzza
Kevin and Perry

Post by cuzza »

Thank god for this thread - I was under the impression Gabbiadini was tge nailed on main man and have had him in all my drafts.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Based on the comments of someone on a forum who's got friend on another forum?

How do Southampton fans even know?
Players signed at different times and a brand new manager to boot.

It's pure speculation at this point.

Austin has played 68 mins of competitive football since the 8th December.

Anyone claiming to know what is Saints first choice is guessing.

Jok57
FISOhead
FS Record: 11th overall OFL Classic 2014/15. Ist Fiso league OFL 2016/17.2nd Cheap as chips 2017/18.( by 1 point).

Gabbiadini or Austin

Post by Jok57 »

Which of these 2 is likely to hit the ground running? Could saints even play both? I like them and can't make my mind up.
Good set of fixtures to start. I will be picking one of them as a starter for gameweek 1.
Do any saints fans know the new managers style of play compared to the previous very defensive coach.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Gabbiadini or Austin

Post by blahblah »

Has Austin learnt how to run yet?

Trap a bag of cement?

Jok57
FISOhead
FS Record: 11th overall OFL Classic 2014/15. Ist Fiso league OFL 2016/17.2nd Cheap as chips 2017/18.( by 1 point).

Re: Gabbiadini or Austin

Post by Jok57 »

Premier league record... 57 appearances ,25 goals and 6 assists. Some of those with a relegated QPR side. Who cares if he can't run.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”