To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2017-18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2017-18

Post by Gambit »

my three United players - Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Valencia have turned an average GW into a good one :)

I hope the Lukaku sales continue, United look so strong at the moment I can see him scoring well against Southampton & Palace in the next 2 GW's.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Gambit wrote:I hope the Lukaku sales continue, United look so strong at the moment I can see him scoring well against Southampton & Palace in the next 2 GW's.

I disagree. United were poor today imo. Scoring soft goals when Everton needed to take bigger risks.

Lukaku's free-kick that led to the 3-0 was utterly sh*te. He was nowhere near the BPS before his goal.

I'm considering Lukaku :arrow: Agüero, but also be Kane :arrow: Agüero. Though I can't see United thrashing Southampton and Palace.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 20:50
Gambit wrote:I hope the Lukaku sales continue, United look so strong at the moment I can see him scoring well against Southampton & Palace in the next 2 GW's.

I disagree. United were poor today imo. Scoring soft goals when Everton needed to take bigger risks.

Lukaku's free-kick that led to the 3-0 was utterly sh*te. He was nowhere near the BPS before his goal.

I'm considering Lukaku :arrow: Agüero, but also be Kane :arrow: Agüero. Though I can't see United thrashing Southampton and Palace.
not for me, could have been 3-0 long before United finished them off, I think they will get 2 or 3 at Southampton and demolish Palace the week after.

I think City will be the highest scorers this season, but it's being missed that United have scored just as many, in fact, with 16 goals each they both have double everybody else (bar Liverpool who have 9).

You could look at most of the weekend goals and call them "soft", what did you think of the Watford defending or the Stoke marking?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Gambit wrote:

You could look at most of the weekend goals and call them "soft", what did you think of the Watford defending or the Stoke marking?

Haven't seen those. :P

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 21:00
Gambit wrote:

fair enough, but it's easy to say goals are soft, the fact is a huge % of goals are the result of somebody switching off or not tracking a runner or losing a man on a corner etc.

Jose has just said that in the first 35 minutes United were the best they have been this season, and I agree, they were excellent. If you think they were poor that's ok, we all see different when we watch a game, but they look ruthless to me, just like City do. I want Lukaku AND Aguero, but I want Kane too :D so Eriksen will fall on his sword to fund it.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Gambit wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 21:07 the fact is a huge % of goals are the result of somebody switching off or not tracking a runner or losing a man on a corner etc.
Perfectly played matches would end 0-0 8-)

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Gambit wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 21:07
Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 21:00
Gambit wrote:

fair enough, but it's easy to say goals are soft, the fact is a huge % of goals are the result of somebody switching off or not tracking a runner or losing a man on a corner etc.

Jose has just said that in the first 35 minutes United were the best they have been this season, and I agree, they were excellent. If you think they were poor that's ok, we all see different when we watch a game, but they look ruthless to me, just like City do. I want Lukaku AND Aguero, but I want Kane too :D so Eriksen will fall on his sword to fund it.
I think that's just Jose talking up his team. City were up 3-0 at halftime, whereas Everton were well in the game after the first 20 mins or so. The commentators were saying it during the game, and Gary Neville agreed in his commentary afterward.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -a-pattern
"It wasn't a good performance. There's a bit of a pattern building though, in terms of getting in front, being patient, waiting and sometimes even retreating with a couple defensive substitutions.

"Then the other team gets desperate, and United score goals late in the game, as it's happened two or three times this season."
Only four shots for Lukaku, and one of those was his poor free kick that led to his goal after the ball pinged around the box a little. He fluffed a great chance in the first half but did not look consistently dangerous. It's also clear that he was off pens today. Those who captained him were very fortunate to get a haul.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

A few years ago I remember Stoke players (Crouch et al) had a FPL league - was quite fun to follow.

Is anyone aware of any EPL club leagues or player (former or still) squads? - (or has the FA/EPL poured cold water on it for one reason or another)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 01:21 Those who captained him were very fortunate to get a haul.
Yep, but I sold him on Friday :wink:

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I dont think i will be captaining Harry Kane again even if they have got Crystal Palace at home

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

owenclass wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 23:39 I dont think i will be captaining Harry Kane again even if they have got Crystal Palace at home
Better off Banding him at Palace :wink:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

If I had captained Alli (BAR), I would be absolutely furious at the moment, raging all over FISO, shouting about unlucky swings and blaming Ville Rönkä.

What a sketch if they can't score against Barnsley.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote: If I had captained Alli (BAR), I would be absolutely furious at the moment, raging all over FISO, shouting about unlucky swings and blaming Ville Rönkä.

So, just a normal evening then, Finisher? :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 21:04
Finisher1 wrote: If I had captained Alli (BAR), I would be absolutely furious at the moment, raging all over FISO, shouting about unlucky swings and blaming Ville Rönkä.

So, just a normal evening then, Finisher? :lol:
It's been a new normal for the last two seasons, I'm not sure if it's due to my overreaction or the amount of unlucky swings I've had, perhaps both :lol:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

RomynPG wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 17:27 A few years ago I remember Stoke players (Crouch et al) had a FPL league - was quite fun to follow.

Is anyone aware of any EPL club leagues or player (former or still) squads? - (or has the FA/EPL poured cold water on it for one reason or another)
Adam Johnson had a league too even though he was in prison.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Brady just scored a magnificent free kick right before full time to take Burnley v Leeds into extra time.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

And Palace actually scored a goal AND won a game.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

math! wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 21:42 Brady just scored a magnificent free kick right before full time to take Burnley v Leeds into extra time.
Crazy final ten minutes.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Tall Paul wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 21:55
math! wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 21:42 Brady just scored a magnificent free kick right before full time to take Burnley v Leeds into extra time.
Crazy final ten minutes.
Yea two penalties and a free kick scored between the 89' and the end of the match.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Joccki_10 wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 21:50 And Palace actually scored a goal AND won a game.
Did you see the Huddersfield line up

At least Roy played a strong side so im not surprised they won and score a goal as well

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

math! wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 22:06
Tall Paul wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 21:55
Crazy final ten minutes.
Yea two penalties and a free kick scored between the 89' and the end of the match.
sounds like Barça-PSG

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Spurs reluctantly advance to the next round :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

math! wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 23:43 Spurs reluctantly advance to the next round :lol:
With their first Domestic "Home" Win of the season 8-) 8-) 8-)

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

math! wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 23:43 Spurs reluctantly advance to the next round :lol:
Liverpool don't :lol: :lol:

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

as an Aguero owner, delighted to see Jesus start tonight

#MCFC XI to face #WBA: Bravo, Danilo, Gundogan, Stones, Mangala, Yaya Toure, Delph, Bernardo, Sterling, Sane, Jesus

#WBA XI to face #MCFC: Foster, Nyom, McAuley, Evans, Dawson, Gibbs, Krychowiak, Yacob, Morrison, Rodriguez, Robson-Kanu.

#MUFC XI to face Burton Albion: Romero, Darmian, Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford.

Arsenal: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Nelson, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud. Subs: Macey, Monreal, Willock, Dasilva, Iwobi, Nketiah, Akpom.

Chelsea: Caballero, Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kenedy, Musonda, Batshuayi, Hazard.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Also pleased walker is not starting.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

#EFC XI to face #SAFC: Stekelenburg, Holgate, Keane, Williams, Kenny, Davies, Besic, Klaassen, Calvert-Lewin, Sandro, Vlasic.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Aguero, Miki and Alonso not involved tonight, sweet!

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Hegazi not playing. Sounds good.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Update on the Chelsea match: Kenedy (Rudiger), Batshuayi (Hazard)

Rudiger's cross was such an Azpilicueta moment.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”