To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Cheap Midfielders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mike1989
Treebeard

Re: Cheap Midfielders

Post by Mike1989 »

No one really priced at £5m that appeals to me.

At the £4.5 price point I'd say the following are worth a look:

1. Tom Carroll: not much upside, but he should chip in with the odd assist and goal here and there. His role might even grow if Gylfi leaves...

2. Oriol Romeu: on sky's ff he's got greater value due to bonus points, but in this version he's still a solid bench midfielder.

3. Loftus Cheek: don't know much about this kid but he seems a pretty popular pick and well regarded. Not sure he's going to be a nailed on starter at Palace but if he does there's potential.

4. James McArthur: he was a useful bench player last season. Should offer similar value this season.

5. Jack Cork: if he starts at Burnley perhaps he can offer some steady value.

Granted at this price range there's not a great deal of upside, but these are probably the top five.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:Interestingly, Palace's first friendly was 343, despite De Boer traditionally being a 433 man.

In that formation the only place for Loftus-Cheek is as one of the CM two
Interesting developments then with RLC thanks stem, the first bit of really useful pre-season information perhaps. I was delighted to see that 343 though (even if it kills RLC) as it gives me some hope that PVA could get that spot (I know Schlupp started but it's just the first game so we'll see how it develops and big Jeff even has an extra discount if he wins that battle).

I really want my wingbacks to be proper goal scorers, like Coleman or PVA, so him in that role would be a
definite pick for me.

gio
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 16/17 21K, 17/18 17K, 18/19 600K, 19/20 2K
TFF 17/18 2000, 18/19 500, 19/20 2000
TFF WC18 81st

Post by gio »

splimsplam wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 11:09 Need a few fillers.

Does anyone have some suggestions of 4.5 to 5.0 midfielders that will play. I'm not really up on the likes of Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield? Any gems in there worth having?

So far I'm interested in the Loftus-Cheek and Oriol Romeu.

Any others out there?
puncheon if plays, has a lots of attacking potential at only 5.0

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

As pointed out by bigcliff2, Ndidi stands out to me at £5m. Good points return from limited minutes

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

I doubt anyone will eclipse Capoue from last season, but Carroll is my pick this year, just due to the fact he's nailed.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Brighton's Solly March if he can nail down a starting spot.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Matic now he has left Chelsea!

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

I'm really surprised how much more favoured Carroll is to Mesa. He's in my top two £4.5m picks alongside RLC. I think he has huge potential for consistent bonus points this year.

I won't be picking two though, I think there's a lot of potential for a starting 4th midfielder under £6m. Ince, Shelvey, Ndidi, Gray etc. If you're wanting to luxuriate to £6.5m (that's probably mid range territory now) the two lads at Southampton Tadic and Redmond.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Amrabat WAT 5.0 could be part of front 3
Chalobah WAT 4.5 got an assist from crashing the bar from long range. Seems to be nailed.

"Marco Silva opted for an experimental 4-5-1 formation, with Sinclair flanked in attack by Nordin Amrabat and Roberto Pereyra – who was making his first start of pre-season"

https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/first-t ... -0-watford

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Baerardi wrote: 31 Jul 2017, 22:39 I'm really surprised how much more favoured Carroll is to Mesa. He's in my top two £4.5m picks alongside RLC. I think he has huge potential for consistent bonus points this year.
How do you expect Mesa to get bonus points?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mesa got 14 yellow cards last season, and Carroll could have some set piece duties in case Sigurdsson leaves, it's not even close to me

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

best 4.5 midfielder

Post by CptPugwash »

I haven't had a full look, but there's at least 3 in this category that appear to be starting this weekend
Loftus Cheek (PAL)
Cork (BUR)
Oriol Romeu (SOT)
I've already included all 3 at least once in my team, currently on Romeu as southampton's fixtures are the best of the 3, and i would expect Romeu to be a long term starter, which is as much as you can hope for from permanent bench fodder. what does everyone else think.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Re: best 4.5 midfielder

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Carroll.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: best 4.5 midfielder

Post by Mav3rick »

CptPugwash wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 04:07 i would expect Romeu to be a long term starter, which is as much as you can hope for from permanent bench fodder. what does everyone else think.
Normally I'd agree, but the 4.5 mids look a cut above normal this year. RLC and Carroll in particular if they play regularly, look good to me. Chalobah is another, I've not really researched him properly as I'm happy with the first two.

Carroll is especially useful as we expect him to have set piece duty.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I'm currently on RLC. Just looked at Carroll's underlying stats and they doesn't suggest he is that attacking. RLC is a question mark really but may even play in the front three.

Also very interested in Lokilo if he is the one who nails the front three slot.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Finisher1 wrote:I'm currently on RLC. Just looked at Carroll's underlying stats and they doesn't suggest he is that attacking. RLC is a question mark really but may even play in the front three.

Those stats had siggy hogging everything

Sent from mobile

TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

Post by TopMarx »

Finisher1 wrote:I'm currently on RLC. Just looked at Carroll's underlying stats and they doesn't suggest he is that attacking. RLC is a question mark really but may even play in the front three.

on the Palace forums not many have Lokilo in predicted line-ups as he is considered a bit lightweight for the prem. However FdB may have other ideas.

RLC is considered a safer bet, many have him as the more advanced of the midfield two should TFM slot into defence and Milo move into midfield. Not much love for Puncheon but I wonder if FdB will feel the same... is there a chance RLC will be benched to make room for Puncheon in the midfield alongside Milo?

Slight tangent fantasy football team name Ruben's Left-Arse Cheek made me chuckle... sorry if Chelsea fans have heard that one before...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MrBenn
Treebeard

Post by MrBenn »

My first draft has Atsu fron Newcastle , but being swayed now to Cheeky

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”