To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Midfielders between 6.0 & 7.5

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
KingMaalik
Wideboy

Midfielders between 6.0 & 7.5

Post by KingMaalik »

I'm very interested in this bracket and i see it's gonna be key to success to have the right ones early between Fabregas, Lallana, Zaha, Lanzini, Phillips, Knockaert, Antonio, Barkley, Redmond, Mirallas,Arnautovic, Stanislas, Tadic, Mata, Wijnaldum...

These can be great enablers and get more points than players at 8.5 and more...

of course there's a price difference between a 6.0 Phillips and a 7.5 Lallana...

Who are you going with ?

I might stretch this group to 5.5 thinking of Gundogan...if he plays he'll be in my team for sure...

What do you guys think ?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Re: Midfielders between 6.0 & 7.5

Post by swadd1er »

Look no further than Willian to begin with :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Willian, Ritchie, Tadic all interest me. Tadic maybe a bit less until I have a better feel for what the new manager does - apparently he has a tendency to switch things around in terms of personnel and tactics.

Kachunga could prove to be great value at 6.0, he is a wide forward and was Huddersfield's main scorer last season, they also have a decent start with fixtures.

Chadli is under-priced at 6.0 in my opinion - if he's going to start regularly (which one would assume). And WBA have enticing fixtures to begin.

Antonio is a standing dish for me but I don't much like West Ham's opening fixtures. I could see myself starting with Willian and switching to Antonio in GW4 after the international break, by which time Hazard may well be back.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Ince for Huddersfield looks good. Has already scored pre-season and was on most set pieces.

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Post by KingMaalik »

thx for the info on Kachunga Ruth...

For Chadli i don't know... yeah he's good but i prefer Phillips... same with Cesc over Willian.

If i have a 6.0 in my team i think i'll hesitate between Stanislas and Phillips... keeping Knockaert on watchlist...

can't wait to Watch some pre season games...

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I'm torn on the Chelsea situation. Bakayoko could be a thorn for Fabregas' chances but if Fabregas was as likely to play as Willian, I'd take the Spaniard every time. Pedro is a tad expensive for me although if he's the most 'nailed' one...Of course not in the price bracket being discussed but heavily related to the decision.

Skrtel
Treebeard

Post by Skrtel »

I am looking for midfielders 5.5 - 6.0 that might be on pens or able to score som points in another way. Any tips?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Skrtel wrote:I am looking for midfielders 5.5 - 6.0 that might be on pens or able to score som points in another way. Any tips?
Definitely have a look through the threads in the FPL Forum, there's a few on the different price levels that would be worth reading.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Ruth_NZ wrote: Kachunga could prove to be great value at 6.0, he is a wide forward and was Huddersfield's main scorer last season, they also have a decent start with fixtures.
Terry Henry wrote:Ince for Huddersfield looks good. Has already scored pre-season and was on most set pieces.
Kachunga , Ince & Van le Parra are probably competing for the 2 attacking wide spots in a 4-2-3-1. although Wagner may play Ince in the No 10.`Van le parra is going to scare some fullbacks silly this season, he has pace and skill in spades unfortunately his final ball is not the best, and his finishing is even worse - so fantasy wise he's a non-starter.

Huddersfield were not far behind Brighton & Newcastle all last season until they gave up on the autos, and were without doubt the most entertaining team to watch. They have bought far better than Brighton & Newcastle and IMO are more likely than either of those 2 to stay up. Ince or Kachunga should be good value if either nails down to a starting place.

Mooy on the other hand is nailed on to start and finish every game he is fit for. Although playing a holding midfield role he should be considered at 5.5 He was top 4 in the championship at passes, passes completed, tackles, & chances created and should chip in with 5 goals - possibly more if he's on Pens.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is Ayew a bit under the radar at 7.0?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Skrtel wrote:I am looking for midfielders 5.5 - 6.0 that might be on pens or able to score some points in another way. Any tips?
Ritchie takes almost all set pieces including pens for Newcastle as far as I know. 16 goals and 10 assists in 48 games last season. If he manages half that in the PL he'll be great value at 6.0m.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Skrtel wrote:I am looking for midfielders 5.5 - 6.0 that might be on pens or able to score some points in another way. Any tips?
Ritchie takes almost all set pieces including pens for Newcastle as far as I know. 16 goals and 10 assists in 48 games last season. If he manages half that in the PL he'll be great value at 6.0m.
We thought this a couple of seasons back when he did the same in the Championship for Bournemouth but failed to deliver for them in the Prem.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Catman wrote:We thought this a couple of seasons back when he did the same in the Championship for Bournemouth but failed to deliver for them in the Prem.
I know, I remember being torn between Ritchie and Mahrez for GW1 and picking the wrong one. :lol: But he did get an early injury. Plus he's 26 now and may be more ready. Of all the promoted attackers I think he has the most going for him - question is whether it might be better to swerve all of them.

Terrier Ramone
FISOhead
FS Record: 29th TFF 2004/5

Post by Terrier Ramone »

CptPugwash wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: Kachunga could prove to be great value at 6.0, he is a wide forward and was Huddersfield's main scorer last season, they also have a decent start with fixtures.
Terry Henry wrote:Ince for Huddersfield looks good. Has already scored pre-season and was on most set pieces.
Kachunga , Ince & Van le Parra are probably competing for the 2 attacking wide spots in a 4-2-3-1. although Wagner may play Ince in the No 10.`Van le parra is going to scare some fullbacks silly this season, he has pace and skill in spades unfortunately his final ball is not the best, and his finishing is even worse - so fantasy wise he's a non-starter.

Huddersfield were not far behind Brighton & Newcastle all last season until they gave up on the autos, and were without doubt the most entertaining team to watch. They have bought far better than Brighton & Newcastle and IMO are more likely than either of those 2 to stay up. Ince or Kachunga should be good value if either nails down to a starting place.

Mooy on the other hand is nailed on to start and finish every game he is fit for. Although playing a holding midfield role he should be considered at 5.5 He was top 4 in the championship at passes, passes completed, tackles, & chances created and should chip in with 5 goals - possibly more if he's on Pens.
Your asssessment is good, for a non-Town fan (I assume), the only thing I'd say is Lowe will be 1st choice pen taker (not that we'll get any), if he can keep Malone out of the team.

Fantasy wise, I would say Ince is by far the best midfield option as Mooy, fine footballer that he clearly is, is poor on free kicks and corners, so I can see Ince taking over most of them from him.

Amberarmy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Amberarmy »

I am currently on a 433 lineup with 9m 8m 7m / 4.5 4.5.

is a player at 7m eg Zaha worthe the extra mil over Ritchie who has set pieces?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Amberarmy wrote:I am currently on a 433 lineup with 9m 8m 7m / 4.5 4.5.

yes, but I prefer Ramsey at the same price. I've seen a Ritchie hype train before, and he was playing for a better team then. We all know how it ended.

Amberarmy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Amberarmy »

gallus wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:I am currently on a 433 lineup with 9m 8m 7m / 4.5 .

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

gallus wrote:

yes, but I prefer Ramsey at the same price. I've seen a Ritchie hype train before, and he was playing for a better team then. We all know how it ended.
I thought the same thing about Ritchie, and am more keen on Knockaert for the same price. Phillips is an option but WBA are so boring, and I don't know about Redmond since he's burned us all before too.

I will keep a keen eye on this thread because at the moment I want Kane/Lukaku and one of Lacazette or Jesus, so need a cheaper midfield to enable that. Currently on Redmond, Knockaert and Zaha with Coutinho.

Amberarmy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Amberarmy »

sunbather wrote:
gallus wrote:

I thought the same thing about Ritchie, and am more keen on Knockaert for the same price. Phillips is an option but WBA are so boring, and I don't know about Redmond since he's burned us all before too.

I will keep a keen eye on this thread because at the moment I want Kane/Lukaku and one of Lacazette or Jesus, so need a cheaper midfield to enable that. Currently on Redmond, Knockaert and Zaha with Coutinho.
In relation to phillips - we seen an improvement in the attacking potential of wba last season. Do you think pullis will revert back to defence, defence, defence?

Knockaert interests me too.

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Post by KingMaalik »

What about Stanislas ? when not injured he can be lethal... is he going to be a starter ?

Phillips has very good fixtures too...

Chelsea Wise for now i'm leaning towards Fabregas over Pedro/Willian...

Ramsey i already had an eye on him before the relative love i'm seeing in this preseason...had him 2 years ago and i really love the player.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Zaha coming off his best season yet, nailed on, good fixtures at the start - I'm 100% starting with Zaha unless pre-season brings up any issues

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

bigcliff2 wrote:Zaha coming off his best season yet, nailed on, good fixtures at the start - I'm 100% starting with Zaha unless pre-season brings up any issues
He had a strong season. Very tempted as well here.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Even last year, he seems to lack end-product and consistency but yes, worth the temptation for the start of the season (me as well) and under a new free-flowing attacking minded manager who is a big fan of direct wingers, just like at Ajax.

Have a feeling CP will be doing very well this season.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

KingMaalik wrote:What about Stanislas ? when not injured he can be lethal... is he going to be a starter ?

Ramsey i already had an eye on him before the relative love i'm seeing in this preseason...had him 2 years ago and i really love the player.
I had Stanislas on my initial draft. I expect him to make Bournemouth's first team, but he's recovering from a hernia surgery and may be eased into the season, so I'd stay clear for now. I advise you to consider Ryan Fraser. He did very well last season but flew under the radar, in great part because of King.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

bigcliff2 wrote:Zaha coming off his best season yet, nailed on, good fixtures at the start - I'm 100% starting with Zaha unless pre-season brings up any issues
Same here. Thinking him and Willian as locks.

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Post by KingMaalik »

Le Red wrote:
KingMaalik wrote:What about Stanislas ? when not injured he can be lethal... is he going to be a starter ?

I had Stanislas on my initial draft. I expect him to make Bournemouth's first team, but he's recovering from a hernia surgery and may be eased into the season, so I'd stay clear for now. I advise you to consider Ryan Fraser. He did very well last season but flew under the radar, in great part because of King.

thx
yeah Fraser is good...i remember him scoring goals and making some assists...

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Not even a question for me, we have a talented winger guaranteed to start for the league champions at 7m.

Bakoyoko Hazarx are out until at least the other side of the first int break.

At the first game is Burnley who have to bed in a new CB pairing and central midfield duo.

Sent from mobile
Last edited by Billy Bongo on 16 Jul 2017, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Also, Wenger will surely stick with 5 at the back which seemingly liberated Ramsey late last season , he's only 7m

Sent from mobile

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Billy Bongo wrote:Also, Wenger will surely stick with 5 at the back which seemingly liberated Ramsey late last season , he's only 7m

Sent from mobile
Yup, in my team again (just as at the end of last season). This 3-4-2-1 formation seems to really suit Ramsey, providing him a lot of freedom to roam forward and get into good attacking positions.

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

CptPugwash wrote:

Not sure how Fulham fans will feel regarding the 'most entertaining team to watch' claim. :P But as for their chances of staying up compared to the other two promoted teams, I wholeheartedly disagree. As much as I would like to see all three teams have a good crack at it this season, Huddersfield's defence should still be a serious concern, even with the arrival of Jorgensen. IMO they will struggle at the back unless more are brought in, I'm sure Newcastle and Brighton will fancy their chances much more defensively.

I suspect Brighton have the potential to be another Middlesbrough, solid enough at the back but lacking in any potency to stay up. Newcastle under Benitez I believe will be fine, as weird as it sounds their squad is much more suited to fixtures against Premier League sides. Huddersfield will be the middle of the two, potential to stay up but from what I've seen really should not be considered the most likely out of the three promoted sides.

From an FPL perspective, there are not many options in any position that I'll be considering from any of these three clubs, certainly to start off with. Lowe from Huddersfield (if he holds down a permanent spot and retains penalty duties) is their only option that I am considering early doors, Dunk from Brighton (as 4.5 for a main starter seems a good value) and Gayle at Newcastle (6.5 seem fair value for a budget striker) are the only ones I'd consider right now. Huddersfield's midfield is far too unknown to the Prem world for my liking, Newcastle's defence doesn't pick itself as we stand and as previously mentioned, Brighton's midfield and attack does not scream FPL points as it stands.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”