To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Semi-premium midfielders (8.0 - 9.0)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Skrtel
Treebeard

Semi-premium midfielders (8.0 - 9.0)

Post by Skrtel »

Pogba 8.0

Mkhitaryan 8.0

Martial 8.0
Bernardo Silva 8.0
David Silva 8.0
Sterling 8.0
Pedro 8.0

Heung Min Son 8.0
Sigurdson 8.5

Sané 8.5
Mahrez 8.5

Salah 9.0

Coutinho 9.0

How to squeeze in as many goals+assist/per $ in the midfield?
Last edited by Skrtel on 27 Jul 2017, 23:52, edited 4 times in total.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Re: Semi-premium midfielders

Post by Cars and Mané »

Hazard is likely injured for the entire period before I'll wildcard. For me that makes Pedro a definite (I actually also currently have Willian). Also think Coutinho will continue to do well, despite the likely deeper role. He'll pull the strings in the middle with Salah and Mane on the wings.

None of the others interest me from the off. Wait and see on the Spurs guys for me given the Wembley effect. I may go for Pogba if United sign a DM and he looks like playing further forward.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

If Sigurdsson moves to Everton he'll be more of an interest. Could well be a gem.

William for definite here and have took Coutinho. Salah should increase his assists/goals tally.

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Post by KingMaalik »

what do you think of Fabregas at 7 ? with Hazard out wont he be favoured to play ? looking forward to see how Chelsea plays in pre season with Kante, Matic, Bagayoko and Cesc... i guess 1 or 2 of them gonna sit out...

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

KingMaalik wrote:what do you think of Fabregas at 7 ? with Hazard out wont he be favoured to play ? looking forward to see how Chelsea plays in pre season with Kante, Matic, Bagayoko and Cesc... i guess 1 or 2 of them gonna sit out...
when did Hazard get injured

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

fred1266 wrote: When did Hazard get injured?
Early June, playing for Belgium.

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

KingMaalik wrote:what do you think of Fabregas at 7 ? with Hazard out wont he be favoured to play ? looking forward to see how Chelsea plays in pre season with Kante, Matic, Bagayoko and Cesc... i guess 1 or 2 of them gonna sit out...
According to today's BBC Gossip Matic has been training on his own and wants to join former manager Jose Mourinho at Manchester United (Daily Telegraph), which makes Fàbregas even more enticing. The guy seems to be able to create chances out of thin air, so not that concerned if he plays deeper. Willian obviously also an option, at least while Hazard's out.

I have Tadić in my first draft, that will be his 4th season at Saints, about time he shows what he's really capable of, isn't it?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

To me at this stage, the entire bracket struggles against the reliability of the 9.5 lot above and the equally risky but cheaper price-point below. :(

Pogba is one I have a real eye on (in case his role is more advanced this year), but until then he looks a bit hit and miss - especially if he keeps getting semi-regular games in the double pivot. Mkhitaryan would need a sustained spell of starts to be even in the picture for me. Mata is very cheap if he were to start, but Mourinho seemed to rotate his attacking mids more than any other manager last year, even before the Europe crunch - perhaps because he didn't (and still doesn't) know his best attack.

All the City mids in this range have the potential for either rotation or not to be first choice, and Mane looks well worth the 0.5m over the two Liverpool mids to me right now - mainly because Coutinho could easily find himself much deeper this year and Salah is unproven in the PL.

Pedro really struggles vs Willian for 1m less as I see it, if both are expected to play in Haz' absence. In fact, if both are expected to start the season it might be tough not to pick at least one, and that one would be a 1m cheaper Willian for me - though surely they'll buy a new big name AM leaving both in limbo? Siggy (who may well be off to Everton) is probably worth watching, but looks a bit pricey at Swansea and he'd need to keep pens at the very least if he moves I think.

If I want a bit of risk and can't afford a further 9.5m guy (basically Alli or Mane for me) it feels like I might as well save some cash and go with one from the price bracket below. I think Ramsey (especially in the 3421), Tadic (with great early fixtures), Willian (if no other AM is signed), Fabregas (if Matic moves) and Antonio (if still very advanced) all have pretty good potential, for example. :D

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Stemania wrote:though surely they'll buy a new big name AM leaving both in limbo?
Having spent decent money on Rudiger, Bakayoko and potentially Morata (or whichever striker), I'm not sure an attacking mid is a priority given that both Pedro and Willian are very capable partners to Hazard. Happy to be corrected by anyone who knows more about Chelsea's transfer priorities.

I think they'll both play in Hazard's absence and both are fantastic value if they do.

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

I think the suggestion is that bakayoko is unavailable for the first few weeks even if he signs which probably assures fabregas of his place alongside kante (although obv more advanced) and possibly pedro and willian their places too as last season towards the end he was playing instead of willian at times in a more advanced role.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Matty B wrote:I think the suggestion is that bakayoko is unavailable for the first few weeks even if he signs which probably assures fabregas of his place alongside kante (although obv more advanced) and possibly pedro and willian their places too as last season towards the end he was playing instead of willian at times in a more advanced role.
Ah right, didn't realise Bakayoko wouldn't be available to start. Cheers for that info. Makes Fabregas a whole lot more interesting.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

No mention of Walcott (7.5) or Redmond (6.5)? Nicely priced - this could be this year ;)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

djskope wrote:No mention of Walcott (7.5) or Redmond (6.5)? Nicely priced - this could be this year ;)
Was expecting more from Redmond last season tbh.
Will probably avoid this season unless things change across pre season.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Pogba 8.0

I can't see myself starting without Lukaku and a United defender, so that would mean tripling up on United right off the bat. I think their fixtures are good and Mou teams have the potential to hit the ground running so I'm stuck in the middle when it comes to Pogba.

Mkhitaryan 8.0

I think he'll start considering the lack of wide players United have, but Pogba seems the better option.

Martial 8.0

Not nailed at all and I think he's displeased with Mourinho. Might start wide but he's not effective from that position.

Bernardo Silva 8.0

Not sure how he fits in. If Pep plays the formation that favors him which is 4-4-2 then I'd rather have Jesus or Kun.

David Silva 8.0

I think he's a depth player now, doubt he'll start unless someone gets injured or is fatigued.

Sterling 8.0
Same as Silva.

Pedro 8.0

I think Willian is the better option.

Sigurdson 8.5

He tends to be a streaky/form player, so I'd rather wait for some returns before getting him.

Sané 8.5
Doesn't seem any more likely to start than Gundogun and is more costly with barely a higher return imo.

Mahrez 8.5

I'm staying away. He handed in a transfer request and faces 4 of the big 6 in his first 6 fixtures.

Salah 9.0
As a Liv fan Mane seems the better option. More proven in the PL...I think Salah would do well just to match him. This is a definitely a wait and see for me.

Coutinho 9.0

Probably has a cap of around 10 goals a season when playing deep but he could haul in terms of assists. Firmino isn't that clinical but Mane and Salah are, so I'm certainly considering him.

xJosh-
FISOhead

8.0 - 9.0 Midfielders

Post by xJosh- »

I'm curious which player(s) people feel will be the best option around 8m - 9m, I think there could be some great value in the 8m players especially. What are peoples general thoughts?

Options:

Coutinho
Salah

Sane
Sigurdsson
Marhez

Pedro
Sterling
D Silva
B Silva
Martial
Mkhitarian
Pogba
Son

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Re: Semi-premium midfielders (8.0 - 9.0)

Post by KingMaalik »

I want to believe in Mkhitarian...he's in my team, a good differential, good fixtures and i think i really don't like Lukaku and will pass on him for now...

Got Willian instead of Pedro for the 1M less, the injury and the fact he will play with a protection mask...while Hazard is still out ofc...

Got 2 big guns in the middle though with Alli and KDB...couldn't leave KDB out of my team, i think City will score big time and i don't want to miss out on that...so one of Kun or most plly Jesus will pair with Kane in my forward line.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Re: Semi-premium midfielders (8.0 - 9.0)

Post by Mike1989 »

Pogba 8.0

- If he plays in a deeper role he's not of massive interest in FPL whereas he might be in Sky's fantasy due to the bonus points. However, if he given freedom and is getting forward and creating and scoring, then he's a potential bargain.

Mkhitaryan 8.0

Martial 8.0
Bernardo Silva 8.0
David Silva 8.0
Sterling 8.0
- This group are not all nailed on starters and could be rotation risks.

Pedro 8.0

- Talented player and can produce if given the starts.

Heung Min Son 8.0
- Is he a starter this season or will he come off the bench? If it's the former, he's excellent value; if it's he latter, or his role is inconsistent, he's one to avoid.

Sigurdson 8.5

- Expensive but he's a proven player. At swansea he has set pieces and is their main man. I'd expect similar points from him again. If he goes to Everton it's a wait and see approach because he might not have the same volume of responsibilities at Everton.

Sané 8.5
- Is he a week in, week out starter? I'm not sure. Quality player but with so many options it's hard to guarantee what his role will be.

Mahrez 8.5

- Talented player but was inconsistent last season. It really depends which Mahrez and Leicester turn up.

Salah 9.0
- A very talented player but will need time to adapt, though at this price he's worth a punt.

Coutinho 9.0

- I expected him to be priced higher, or at least match Alli and Eriksen. If he stays at Liverpool he should be a double digit goal and assist player.

For me there's a lot of tempting options in this price range combined with the 6.0-7.5 options. In some ways saving a little bit on the premiums (i.e. Coutinho over KDB or Sanchez) can help put multiple players in that range in the side or upgrade a 4th midfielder from say a Herrera to a Zaha or Redmond.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”