To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premium Strikers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Baerardi
Treebeard

Re: Premium Strikers

Post by Baerardi »

What do we think Morata would come in at? 11m?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Baerardi wrote:What do we think Morata would come in at? 11m?

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

I think 10.5, same as Lacazette. Seems fair as they're both new to the league

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

gallus wrote:
I'd be tempted for him at that price.

Would be nice to see him in the Prem for FPL reasons. The striker battles will make for a very interesting part of the season.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

More than anything that would give enough depth in the premium striker bracket for me to seriosly consider going with three of them initially!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:More than anything that would give enough depth in the premium striker bracket for me to seriosly consider going with three of them initially!
Yeah, that's exactly the point. It isn't Lacazette v Jesus v Morata really. It's more justification for a 10.5m slot into which you can slide any of the three.

Logic says Morata should be 10.0m, same as Costa who is an elite striker whatever else you think about him and is proven in the PL. I think Morata's record is comparable to Lacazette (taking into account the quality of the leagues they have been playing in), so maybe 10.5m. Any more and I'd consider him over-priced.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

If Morata is valued the same as Jesus I will play him in preference.
Points potential will be equal to Lukaku at the start of the season I hope and the cash saving will pay for a better WB
Chelsea will score goals from many squad players but it looks like he will fit in as the main premier league striker.
As a Chelsea fan I am happy with this signing and hopefully as a FPL asset he will fulfill as well.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

If Morata comes in at 10.5 he'll go in alongside Kane and Kun. If not I'll stick with Lacazette

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

Morata alongside Pedro, Azpilicueta, Fabregas and Alonso will adapt quickly, so... if his value is in Lukaku's range, I'll have him definetly.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Payet wrote:Morata alongside Pedro, Azpilicueta, Fabregas and Alonso will adapt quickly, so... if his value is in Lukaku's range, I'll have him definetly.
He should not cost more than Costa did when he came into the league (10.5). Costa is the better player. I would take Morata at 9.5, and might consider him at 10.0.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

10.5 would be my guess also. Thing is he doesn't interest me as much as some of the others.

I'm currently on Kane and Lukaku, the 3rd spot is down to who looks the best in pre season.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

cesc408 wrote:10.5 would be my guess also. Thing is he doesn't interest me as much as some of the others.

I'm currently on Kane and Lukaku, the 3rd spot is down to who looks the best in pre season.
I agree.

I might be being massively unfair, but I'm not sure about him. Nothing I have seen suggests he is a proven goalscorer, very good player yes, but what I have seen, and listening to people who have watched far more of him than me, it's all about his intelligence, link up play. etc.

Will be a very good signing for Chelsea I'm sure, but as a fantasy asset I don't see the 25+ goals I see with Kane/Lukaku (and Aguero if playing all the time).

The player he most reminds me of is Giroud, and that's not meant as a dig, he is what Chelsea need and will do well (providing he settles into the PL), but unless he gets a load of assists I can't see him matching the points tally of the other super premium strikers.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Gambit wrote:I might be being massively unfair, but I'm not sure about him. Nothing I have seen suggests he is a proven goalscorer, very good player yes, but what I have seen, and listening to people who have watched far more of him than me, it's all about his intelligence, link up play. etc.

Will be a very good signing for Chelsea I'm sure, but as a fantasy asset I don't see the 25+ goals I see with Kane/Lukaku (and Aguero if playing all the time).
Actually I think that's pretty fair. This will be his first time as clear 1st choice striker at an elite club, when he was at Juve he was often played wider to accommodate Mandzukic who was still their main man. I imagine he will relish that and I think he'll probably excel over the next few seasons. But you are right to say he's less proven than some others. He's still 24 so in a sense he is less likely to be.

My take is that he's likely to rise to the occasion and become a world class player, he clearly has that potential. But it may take a little time to get there.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Gambit wrote:I might be being massively unfair, but I'm not sure about him. Nothing I have seen suggests he is a proven goalscorer, very good player yes, but what I have seen, and listening to people who have watched far more of him than me, it's all about his intelligence, link up play. etc.

Actually I think that's pretty fair. This will be his first time as clear 1st choice striker at an elite club, when he was at Juve he was often played wider to accommodate Mandzukic who was still their main man. I imagine he will relish that and I think he'll probably excel over the next few seasons. But you are right to say he's less proven than some others. He's still 24 so in a sense he is less likely to be.

My take is that he's likely to rise to the occasion and become a world class player, he clearly has that potential. But it may take a little time to get there.
so what do you think of his FPL prospects?

been reading the Chelsea forum and when comparing him to Lukaku and Lacazette the school of thought seems to be he's a better all round player but not as good a goalscorer. That tends to be my view too, as you say, he's spent a lot of time out wide and deeper.

I see him in the 15-20 goal bracket (Costa never got more than 20 league goals for Chelsea), so if he's priced 10m+ will he pick up enough points elsewhere to justify the price.

On a separate note, I think Pedro, Willian, Hazard etc, will all benefit from him, as he is a clever and unselfish player.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Gambit wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:

so what do you think of his FPL prospects?

been reading the Chelsea forum and when comparing him to Lukaku and Lacazette the school of thought seems to be he's a better all round player but not as good a goalscorer. That tends to be my view too, as you say, he's spent a lot of time out wide and deeper.

I see him in the 15-20 goal bracket (Costa never got more than 20 league goals for Chelsea), so if he's priced 10m+ will he pick up enough points elsewhere to justify the price.

On a separate note, I think Pedro, Willian, Hazard etc, will all benefit from him, as he is a clever and unselfish player.
I would say he makes the wingers better FPL options. Hazard could really thrive with Morata in the team. I probably won't pick him if he costs 10.5+. You can get Jesus (who plays for a better attacking team with better fixtures) for that money.

YTFCscratch
Treebeard

Post by YTFCscratch »

I have a feeling he will come in at 11.

Though he hasn't started regularly, he does have a good record, even though you could argue a lot of strikers could score 20 in a Real Madrid team.

I think his champions league experience over Lacazette and Jesus will bump him up + lack of competition as Conte clearly doesn't trust Batshuayi.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Gambit wrote:So what do you think of his FPL prospects?

Been reading the Chelsea forum and when comparing him to Lukaku and Lacazette the school of thought seems to be he's a better all round player but not as good a goalscorer. That tends to be my view too, as you say, he's spent a lot of time out wide and deeper.

I see him in the 15-20 goal bracket (Costa never got more than 20 league goals for Chelsea), so if he's priced 10m+ will he pick up enough points elsewhere to justify the price? On a separate note, I think Pedro, Willian, Hazard etc, will all benefit from him, as he is a clever and unselfish player.
Well, fortunately I can have a look first because I'm not super interested in Chelsea for FPL purposes until GW6/GW8 and that's probably after a wildcard. So I'll take a nice look at Morata first and at the moment I'm probably keener to see how he'll do as a Chelsea supporter than I am worried about him as an FPL manager.

Broadly, I think 18-20 goals is realistic but how relevant is that for FPL really? I tend to have players for particular fixture runs rather than thinking I will keep them for the whole season. For example, I would be more likely to start with Lacazette knowing there's a like-for-like switch to Morata in GW8 when Chelsea's fixtures ease and Arsenal's get tougher.

As for how he'll affect other players, don't be surprised if he adjusts his game at Chelsea. I was at the Leicester (I think) game last season when Conte was berating Costa for drifting too wide. Costa's response was to angrily make the rolling hands substitution sign. Essentially the message was "if you don't like how I'm playing, take me off". He wasn't injured, Conte left him on and he played the whole game. That was the first obvious sign of a tension between Conte and Costa. Morata will be more malleable to Conte's wishes. And Conte will want him to stay within the width of the penalty box. If anything I think you'll see Morata become more of a pure striker at Chelsea than he has ever been before and that should mean lots of goals in the long run. But as I said before, it may take a while, even a season or so. He's still only 24.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I've gone with Kane and Lukaku. Both should realistically net 20+ premier league goals and are pretty much match proof to a degree.

Of the others like Aguero and Jesus, I'll wait to see how City's system works out and rotation. I like Arsenal's new striker, but again I'm waiting on him to see if he hits the ground running. Firmino is good at that price point but perhaps a bit inconsistent when compared to other premium strikers(?). I like Costa, but he's another player that could get rotated depending on the system.

For me, Kane and Lukaku are safe bets.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Lukaku scored again last night in their 2-0 win over City. Rashford the other scorer.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Premium Strikers

Post by Terry Henry »

swadd1er wrote:Lukaku scored again last night in their 2-0 win over City. Rashford the other scorer.
Damn. Hate pre-season as always throws a spanner in the works with who to choose.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

Have City had any games yet? I.e. has either Kun or Jesus done anything pre-season.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Terry Henry wrote:Have City had any games yet? I.e. has either Kun or Jesus done anything pre-season.
All the line ups here: http://fiso.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=124713

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

another good goal from Lukaku:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMBm2rvDm4

only a friendly obviously but his two goals so far show what I believe he will give United that Ibra didn't, and that is the ability to run in behind, as talented as Ibra is, he hadn't the legs to sprint away from defences. And this type of run will benefit the likes of Pogba too.

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

Morata come in at £10m.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Baerardi wrote:Morata come in at £10m.
in and captain for week 1

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Depending on what happens with Costa I may pull my team apart to get him in ahead of Gayle.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Hah. Eyeing an updated attack of:

Willian, Ramsey, Zaha (Fraser, Ince)
Kane, Lukaku, Morata

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

This is screwing with my head now. Too many good strikers and I can't have them all!!

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Premium Strikers

Post by Terry Henry »

swadd1er wrote:Depending on what happens with Costa I may pull my team apart to get him in ahead of Gayle.
Yeah I think this. If Costa stays then I might be wary of him at the start

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Is there a reason why he'd stay? Some contractual reason? Would Conte play him after recent events?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”