To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premium Strikers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Baerardi
Treebeard

Re: Premium Strikers

Post by Baerardi »

I think even if Costa ends up staying come GW1, there's not a chance of him playing. You don't publicly slate a player, announce that he's free to leave, that it's been the case since January AND sign a £60m striker only to then play the one you're pushing out of the club.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

So money no object what big three strikers would you start with?

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

Terry Henry wrote:So money no object what big three strikers would you start with?
If was a complete neutral (considering how my childish mind is desperate to not use any Manchester United players :D);

Lukaku - Morata - Lacazette

Possibly Kane instead of Morata, although as I've mentioned on other threads, Kane's first four fixtures aren't the most appealing (and Wembley still plays a part IMO). Aguero or Jesus could probably squeeze their way in if I could figure out what plan Pep has for his lot. I still get the feeling Firmino is going to have a cracking season, although in a 'money no object' world I'd obviously rest more on the bigger hitters for what feels like greater security.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Terry Henry wrote:So money no object what big three strikers would you start with?
Kane, Aguero and Lukaku. But I'll have to settle one of them and one of Jesus, Morata and Lacazette (it's almost certainly going to be Jesus).

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Lukaka, Kane and Morata.

Aguero or Jesus the only other contenders for me, but gametime the issue. I expect both to start only 2 or 3 of the opening 4 games. Lukaku, Kane and Morata, assuming no injuries, are pretty much certain starters for their teams.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

swadd1er wrote:Depending on what happens with Costa I may pull my team apart to get him in ahead of Gayle.
Conte has already said Costa is history?
He was told in January he was surplus apparently.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Hotstepper wrote:Lukaka, Kane and Morata.
This

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Morata is nailed on starter with Batshuayi playing in cup games similar to last season.

Costa hasn't toured with the team, has been pretty much left out in the rain by the manager that has sacked him publicly, been partying in an Atletico madrid shirt etc. He won't be seen in a Chelsea jersey again.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

gallus wrote: Kane, Aguero and Lukaku.
This. Jesus would get the nod over Kun if he can continue his ridiculous conversion rate but I doubt it.

Lacazette is the interesting one however; surely he plays 35+ games atbe which imo is enough for him to plunder 20-25 goals with the chances he'll be provided with. Then again, will Arsenal give the same devotion to the Europa that Man U did? Or will they wait to see if they are nailed for top 4 before committing.

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Tell me the best FPL 3 strikers (no matter what the price is).

Post by bulgarche »

I will play 5-2-3 formation with top defenders and top forwards. More than 30m will be spent ot the front line. Which 3 strikers are the best choise?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

The top 3 strikers are the most expensive ones imo. At this point, FPL have their prices right...so Aguero, Lukaku, Kane. Having those 3 sponge over 35mn out of any formation is destructive to the rest of the squad though.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Sutter Kane wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 10:33 The top 3 strikers are the most expensive ones imo. At this point, FPL have their prices right...so Aguero, Lukaku, Kane. Having those 3 sponge over 35mn out of any formation is destructive to the rest of the squad though.
Agreed, which is why I'll probably end up going with Lukaku, Kane and Gayle/Austin.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Conte on Morata
"Yes, I think it could be a good option to see Morata from the start,’ said Conte. ‘It’s the last game before the match against Arsenal so for me, it’s very important to find a good fit as soon as possible. For this reason we will play with the best starting 11".

It will be interesting to see the starting team against Inter Milan.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Morata was playing out wide which is not what we want as a FPL players.

Not sure if I would pick Morata in FPL without Hazard supporting him.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

just watched most of that Chelsea game, Morata didn't impress at all, Chelsea pretty poor generally, Fab was their best player with Alonso looking well off the pace and subbed early. Never read too much into pre season but Morata is definitely a wait and watch for me.

that winger who United are supposed to be after had an excellent game, he'd be an interesting player in FPL if he joins.

team was:

Courtois, Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Moses, Kante, Fab, Alonso, Willian, Batshayi, Morata.
Last edited by Gambit on 29 Jul 2017, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If this is the plan while Hazard is out (352 with Morata the left and slightly the deeper of the front two) then Batshuiyi may be worth serious consideration!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Stemania wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 14:54 If this is the plan while Hazard is out (352 with Morata the left and slightly the deeper of the front two) then Batshuiyi may be worth serious consideration!
would Pedro not take his place?

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Premium Strikers

Post by wizardoffire »

With Lukaku hitting the ground running, Morata seems to be performing well, Kane woke up from his August hibernation, Aguero and Jesus seemingly working well together and maybe Wenger now sees Lacazette as essential?

I honestly cant choose, ideally I think I want Kane, Lukaku and Morata (simply being they seem more essential) but one of Aguero and Jesus seems required

Is having all 3 premium the way to go, if so which trio would you want in the long run?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

I have Lukaku, Firmino and Morata... pretty happy but no Kane worries me. OTOH I have a strong squad and Rom will captain the team for the foreseeable future

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

I'm looking at Kane, Morata and Firmino....with Pogba and Mkhitaryan in midfield to help compensate for lack of Lukaku.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”