To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Template/Must haves

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Template/Must haves

Post by Stemania »

City are the main question I'd like resolved tbh. Aguero at 11.5 is ridiculous if he starts every week and stays on pens, but now everyone is back and Bilva has been added how on earth do they all fit in? Will KDB be very deep again as a result? They only have 4 defenders!

The one there I'm really interested in is Gundogan - only 5.5m and if he ends up anywhere near the position he was in when he was injured that looks a bit of a bargain. Probably a sitting role though now with all the talent in front?

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

Stemania wrote:City are the main question I'd like resolved tbh. Aguero at 11.5 is ridiculous if he starts every week and stays on pens, but now everyone is back and Bilva has been added how on earth do they all fit in?
What makes it worse is I don't think you could wait and see, you'll have to take a gamble or risk being blown away by early buyers. I'm thinking Jesus, maybe Guardiola is hoping to create his very own Messi 2.0

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Stemania wrote:City are the main question I'd like resolved tbh. Aguero at 11.5 is ridiculous if he starts every week and stays on pens, but now everyone is back and Bilva has been added how on earth do they all fit in? Will KDB be very deep again as a result? They only have 4 defenders!

The one there I'm really interested in is Gundogan - only 5.5m and if he ends up anywhere near the position he was in when he was injured that looks a bit of a bargain. Probably a sitting role though now with all the talent in front?
agreed, will be watching City keenly during pre-season, I'm still not convinced Pep sees Aguero as fitting into his long term plans, and that he loves a fluid inter- changeable attack more than anything. BUT, as long as Aguero is there and playing he will score goals so 11.5 could be a bargain.

At the moment I'm on Kane and Lukaku (like most I suspect), both are proven goal scorers, Kane has established himself as the best striker in the league and I think Lukaku will be a big success at United and his fixtures couldn't be kinder.

If Aguero looks set to start the season as the main man at City I may have to get him in, but with Jesus, De Bruyne, D Silva, B Silva, Sane, Sterling, Gundogan etc I don't see how they can all play each week.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

What are people thinking about Sanchez? Isn't he expected to play in the flank and be out of pens now that Lacazette is there? If so, surely 12.0m is an absolutely laughable price then, right?

#SayNoToSanchez?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Wenger has said he intends to continue a 3421. In that formation Id say

....................Cech
.......Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
???........Xhaka....Ramsey.....Kolasinac
................Alexis....Ozil
..................Lacazette

RWB is hard to call. Bellerin looking to leave for Barcelona and Ox in contract rebellion. Either could, or Gabriel could though he'd not be first choice. Holding (& BFG) provides some CB relief.

All assuming Alexis stays.......

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Wilshere out on loan again, if he gets fit?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Finisher1 wrote:What are people thinking about Sanchez? Isn't he expected to play in the flank and be out of pens now that Lacazette is there? If so, surely 12.0m is an absolutely laughable price then, right?

#SayNoToSanchez?
you're right I think, Sanchez is a brilliant player but the main attraction has always been that you were basically getting an extra centre forward with a midfielders points. Unless Lacazette gets injured or flops (I'm not convinced how good he actually is?) then the days of Sanchez playing up front are pretty much over.

Will still score really well but for 12m and hardly every playing as centre forward + Stoke away, Liverpool away, Chelsea away as three of his first five games, he's not in my first draft and is unlikely to come in before GW6.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

6m seems too much for Ritchie Imo

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:6m seems too much for Ritchie Imo
I seem to recall him being really underwhelming and essentially un-ownable in 2015/16 for Bournemouth, but last season he did ok for Newcastle. However that was in a weaker league where Newcastle were winning most weeks, which won't be the case now, so I have my reservations about him too.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I really like Abraham at Swansea at 5.5m. Expected him to be 6.0m. Essentially you're getting a striker who scored 23 goals and 'got promoted' with a Championship team, yet is playing for an established PL team. Promoted team's strikers last year were 6.5m e.g. Gray and are agin this year e.g Gayle.

He looks underpriced to me. Siggy leaving would obviously hinder his potential. Clement played with two strikers towards the end of last season and I'll be monitoring Swansea in pre-season, to see their most common formation and where Abraham fits into it. If he looks nailed then he'll be my third striker in a 3-4-3.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Foster, Myhill
Lindelöf, Holding, McAuley, Mee, Hünemeier
Coutinho, Pogba, Sané, Willian, Loftus-Cheek
Kane, Lukaku, Gayle.

Rather happy that I could actually get that team together first try. Pre-season, transfers, injuries and pressers will force me to tweak here and there before the season starts.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Gambit wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:What are people thinking about Sanchez? Isn't he expected to play in the flank and be out of pens now that Lacazette is there? If so, surely 12.0m is an absolutely laughable price then, right?

#SayNoToSanchez?
you're right I think, Sanchez is a brilliant player but the main attraction has always been that you were basically getting an extra centre forward with a midfielders points. Unless Lacazette gets injured or flops (I'm not convinced how good he actually is?) then the days of Sanchez playing up front are pretty much over.

Will still score really well but for 12m and hardly every playing as centre forward + Stoke away, Liverpool away, Chelsea away as three of his first five games, he's not in my first draft and is unlikely to come in before GW6.
I think he's probably priced about right for the points we would expect. At the price point though it's not so much about if Sanchez is worth it (the super premiums rarely are) it's more about how he fits in along with Kane, Lukaku and maybe Aguero.

I don't think you could take more than two at the start really, and Kane takes one spot for most.

Having a super premium mid does look better budget and flexibility wise, but I'd prefer a playing Aguero no doubt.

So if Aguero looks pickable,then it's him and Kane for me. If Aguero does not look pickable, then Sanchez Vs Lukaku.

I'm not sure yet, we've seen the last few seasons that a team with no CL can do extremely well. One of the arsenal big guns is possibly wise.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Not if they have Europa League instead!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mav3rick wrote:
Gambit wrote:

#SayNoToSanchez?

I think he's probably priced about right for the points we would expect. At the price point though it's not so much about if Sanchez is worth it (the super premiums rarely are) it's more about how he fits in along with Kane, Lukaku and maybe Aguero.

I don't think you could take more than two at the start really, and Kane takes one spot for most.

Having a super premium mid does look better budget and flexibility wise, but I'd prefer a playing Aguero no doubt.

So if Aguero looks pickable,then it's him and Kane for me. If Aguero does not look pickable, then Sanchez Vs Lukaku.

I'm not sure yet, we've seen the last few seasons that a team with no CL can do extremely well. One of the arsenal big guns is possibly wise.
that's a fair assessment, although if Aguero becomes pickable then I would look to shoehorn in alongside Kane and Lukaku :shock: just can't see my team without either one.

The other issue with Aguero is Jesus, he's a million cheaper and Peps player, he loves him and I think he's the player Pep wants to build around.

As for Arsenal and no CL, I'm not convinced, does Sanchez really want to be there? They have the toughest first 5 fixtures from all the big clubs with some very tough away games, still plenty of time to change my mind but I'd be fairly comfortable with no Arsenal for the 1st 5GW's.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Cars and Mané wrote:Not if they have Europa League instead!
Indeed. The notable seasons for Liverpool Leicester and Chelsea were free of Europe full stop.
There is an argument that they can justify fielding a B team to prioritise the league but that hasn't seemed to give an advantage to say Spurs in the past in quite the same way.

Terrier Ramone
FISOhead
FS Record: 29th TFF 2004/5

Post by Terrier Ramone »

Stemania wrote:
TheBigLewandowski wrote:It's either Ritchie or Knockaert in that 6m (cheap MF) bracket for me atm. I think Ritchie edges it for me based on his opening set of fixtures and the fact that he has PL experience?
Ritchie is in my first draft too atm, but Mooy is probably worth a mention as he's 5.5m and on pens plus set pieces for Huddersfield. I was expecting Knockaert at 5.5 too tbh, considering he's not on pens.

Town fan here, I doubt Mooy will be on pens and his free kicks/corners were really disappointing last year....for someone who can pluck a ball out of the air, be surrounded by 3 players and still find an outlet ball, they were awful. Chris Lowe (Left back) ended the season first choice pen taker but he is battling with Scott Malone for LB this time.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Very little love for Costa in here... looks like a (relative) bargain. Are we not expecting him to stick around?

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

I find myself struggling to exclude Kane, Lukaku and Jesus In my team which gives me a pretty weak midfield. So much choice upfront but I guess you can't have everyone.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Gambit wrote:
Stemania wrote:City are the main question I'd like resolved tbh. Aguero at 11.5 is ridiculous if he starts every week and stays on pens, but now everyone is back and Bilva has been added how on earth do they all fit in? Will KDB be very deep again as a result? They only have 4 defenders!

agreed, will be watching City keenly during pre-season, I'm still not convinced Pep sees Aguero as fitting into his long term plans, and that he loves a fluid inter- changeable attack more than anything. BUT, as long as Aguero is there and playing he will score goals so 11.5 could be a bargain.

At the moment I'm on Kane and Lukaku (like most I suspect), both are proven goal scorers, Kane has established himself as the best striker in the league and I think Lukaku will be a big success at United and his fixtures couldn't be kinder.

If Aguero looks set to start the season as the main man at City I may have to get him in, but with Jesus, De Bruyne, D Silva, B Silva, Sane, Sterling, Gundogan etc I don't see how they can all play each week.
11.5 IS the bargain of the game.

If Kaku is 11.5 Kun should be 12.5 imo.

Shocked his ownership is so low. Remember the last game of last season. No stopping the guy

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Anyone interested in Knockaert?

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Aguero is 11.5 because he has huge competiton for his place in the team.

Lukaku will play a lot more minutes.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ramsey could be gold

Sent from mobile

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Re: RE: Re: Template/Must haves

Post by Terry Henry »

Rich2086 wrote:I find myself struggling to exclude Kane, Lukaku and Jesus In my team which gives me a pretty weak midfield. So much choice upfront but I guess you can't have everyone.
I know. There are 5 big guns and apart from Kane I can't pick from them:

Kun
Jesus
Lukaku
Lacazette

And not to mention trying to get Sanchez in there too!

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich2086 »

Terry Henry wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:I find myself struggling to exclude Kane, Lukaku and Jesus In my team which gives me a pretty weak midfield. So much choice upfront but I guess you can't have everyone.
I know. There are 5 big guns and apart from Kane I can't pick from them:

Kun
Jesus
Lukaku
Lacazette

And not to mention trying to get Sanchez in there too!
Not to mention Liverpool and whoever Chelsea sign

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Billy Bongo wrote:Ramsey could be gold
I really like him if Arsenal keep the 3atb, he plays in the hole when attacking for large spells. Long way to go though, and a 7m seems a bit of an awkward price point to me in early drafts. :D

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Rich2086 wrote:and whoever Chelsea sign
which will render the Batsuayi price ridonkulous - he's the equal 6th highest priced striker in the game

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich2086 »

ajcairns wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:and whoever Chelsea sign
which will render the Batsuayi price ridonkulous - he's the equal 6th highest priced striker in the game

Shows how much Conte rates him if he feels the need to go into the transfer market with 70m for a Striker

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Jon Walters?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

bigcliff2 wrote:Jon Walters?
Don't know the set up yet, hopefully with Vokes up front ( gray is going )

Sent from mobile

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Billy Bongo wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:Jon Walters?
Don't know the set up yet, hopefully with Vokes up front ( gray is going )

Sent from mobile
Yeah one to watch but a potential bargain as he could be on the pens and OOP

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”