To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Chip! Free Hit

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: New Chip! Free Hit

Post by Mav3rick »

Seems a little like that chip has a downside that other chips don't really have then. Basically there are negative effects to be aware of. Makes it a little more tricky.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

yep, as I had pointed out here on 1st page
MoSe wrote:but as I figure the chip will affect ALL your GW5 transfers, they'll be ALL temporary
you can't have the option of having 2 permanent transfers and 5 temporary ones in the same GW

so if you deploy the Chip for GW5, make also sure you like yor GW4 team for GW6, as you'll get it back unchanged, with price rises and falls tho
if you need to get rid for good of an injured fwd, and want to temporarily exploit a juicy fixture with two one-off mids or defs but then want your current ones back, you can't do both moves in the same gw
at least, not for free thanks to the chip

you either have to stick with the injured fwd while you beef up on free mercenaries for 1 game only,
or get rid of the crippled but then handle the juicy fixture paying the normal price for hits

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote:Seems a little like that chip has a downside that other chips don't really have then. Basically there are negative effects to be aware of. Makes it a little more tricky.
I don't see these:

1, GWx my team do PANTS ie 80+ off the Team of the Week.
2, During the week I do a transfer (or 2) for the next GW and set up squad.
3, 30 mins (for example) before the GW deadline I do the FH thang and bring in the TotW of GWx
4, At deadline: whoopee I get 80+ points added to my total
5, The Squad I picked are ready to do PANTS again in GWx+1

The above is kinda theory - as I'm not too sure how the FPL Spetrumzx81 knows my team\Capt etc - I'm assuming that hitting the FH Chip saves the team\Capt for the GW after the deadline.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

So let's see if I've got this...

At the previous GW deadline, say my squad value (SV) was £102.0 and I had £1.0 in the bank (ITB). Before the upcoming GW deadline, I can send my squad on holiday and in their place hire, for one week only, the Free-Hit Farquhars using a maximum budget of £103.0. My assumption is that (like the use of a WC), this takes the place of any free transfers that I had available, and (again like a WC) these free transfers are sacrificed rather than rolled over.
During their one-week sojourn, any price changes among the Farquhars have no effect on my financial standing.
One GW later, bidding farewell to the Farquhars, I welcome back my original squad. While they were on leave, their collective value increased by £0.5, and this is reflected in the individual player values that I now see. My SV is now £102.5 and I have £1.0 ITB.

If my original squad's value had instead decreased, that loss would, on its return, have been reflected in the current SV.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mr Clarinet wrote:So let's see if I've got this...

At the previous GW deadline, say my squad value (SV) was £102.0 and I had £1.0 in the bank (ITB). Before the upcoming GW deadline, I can send my squad on holiday and in their place hire, for one week only, the Free-Hit Farquhars using a maximum budget of £103.0. My assumption is that (like the use of a WC), this takes the place of any free transfers that I had available, and (again like a WC) these free transfers are sacrificed rather than rolled over.
During their one-week sojourn, any price changes among the Farquhars have no effect on my financial standing.
One GW later, bidding farewell to the Farquhars, I welcome back my original squad. While they were on leave, their collective value increased by £0.5, and this is reflected in the individual player values that I now see. My SV is now £102.5 and I have £1.0 ITB.

If my original squad's value had instead decreased, that loss would, on its return, have been reflected in the current SV.
Which is why firing it just before the GW Deadline is what I would be looking to do.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Exactly my take, MrC.

@blahblah. Your number 2 is redundant as you would lose those transfers by playing FH - as in the previous posts you don't get the team back from when you activate FH, you get back the team you had at the previous deadline. Firing it just before the deadline is exactly the same as firing immediately after the previous gameweek deadline.

It'll be interesting to see if the captain and formation defaults back to the one of the previous gameweek or whether it leaves the default captain on whichever player your FH captain replaced, but that's only of superficial importance.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Mr Clarinet wrote:So let's see if I've got this...

Yeah, effectively this FH chip just provides you with a ghost-like overlay on top of your normal 15 players as you go through that deadline. Once the deadline has passed the ghost overlay simply vanishes and you're left with what you already had underneath. You are effectively not making any changes to your team for a week, they just sit there passive and you have a team of ghosts scoring points for you for one week instead of getting your normal player's points.

It will be interesting for everyone to see if their team of ghosts outscores their normal team in that particular week. If they do then I guess that is the gain/loss that you have received from playing the FH chip, so you can evaluate how effective it was compared to other managers in terms of whether you played the chip well or not.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote:Exactly my take, MrC.

@blahblah. Your number 2 is redundant as you would lose those transfers by playing FH - as in the previous posts you don't get the team back from when you activate FH, you get back the team you had at the previous deadline. Firing it just before the deadline is exactly the same as firing immediately after the previous gameweek deadline.
Well, that is a bit pants, obviosuly not a properly thought out Chip :roll:
Stemania wrote: It'll be interesting to see if the captain and formation defaults back to the one of the previous gameweek or whether it leaves the default captain on whichever player your FH captain replaced, but that's only of superficial importance.
Depends on who you banded\benched?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

What are people going to do now that they don't have the AoA chip available and they are short of fit defenders in a particular week? You're going to have to take a hit or two now. ;-)

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

This FH chip has the potential to lose you a fair amount of points as well as gain you loads. Overall it will be +EV, but managers could end up with anywhere from -30 points to +50 points as a result of playing this chip at the right or wrong time.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: New Chip! Free Hit

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:Seems a little like that chip has a downside that other chips don't really have then. Basically there are negative effects to be aware of. Makes it a little more tricky.
Indeed, FH will very likely lead into losing team value because you probably have a kind of shitty team for a particular gameweek and you can't escape from those price drops.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

If you play the chip late, after having made a transfer to bring in a riser and get rid of a dropper, then at the end of the week you play the FH chip, the original transfer is in effect never made and you lose the TV benefit, then?

Makes sense that way but another little fly in decision that makes it harder to work with. I guess is probably rules out an early play though where price drops can be so agressive.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

This is a great chip.

Spend weeks agonising over a starting squad
Get naff all points for 2-3 weeks
Panic and WC in a new team
Watch your original team finally get off the mark now they have been binned
Regret having changed whole team and wish you could un-wildcard

Now I have a chip that lets me WC and then undo it....perfect

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

This is probably a stupid question but can you play the Free Hit chip in GW1?

If so, then how can it revert back to your original squad after GW1, when your Free Hit squad WAS your original squad? :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It does seem a bit stupid that you can currently play it (and it comes with a warning that it's irreversible). I assumed it would be disabled going into GW1, the fools. :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:It does seem a bit stupid that you can currently play it (and it comes with a warning that it's irreversible). I assumed it would be disabled going into GW1, the fools. :lol:
On the scale of "things that weren't very well thought-through", I think this Free Hit chip ranks somewhere between Theresa May's decision to call a snap election and America's decision to elect Donald Trump. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Stemania wrote:It does seem a bit stupid that you can currently play it (and it comes with a warning that it's irreversible). I assumed it would be disabled going into GW1, the fools. :lol:
On the scale of "things that weren't very well thought-through", I think this Free Hit chip ranks somewhere between Theresa May's decision to call a snap election and America's decision to elect Donald Trump. :lol:
And Cameron's Referendum :wink:

Yep it can be played in GW1, as it will replace your PANTS GW1 score with the TotW score (I could be being daft in assuming that people bring in the TotW, but then I am daft) and in GW2 you will have your uber pants GW1 team back 8-) resplendent with price drops :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote:And Cameron's Referendum :wink:
Yes, basically anything that's happened in politics over the last two years. :lol:

Viduka
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Free hit chip

Post by Viduka »

Do anyone know if my 1 free transfer for this round, will be moved to week 3 if I use my free hit chip? So that I Got two free transfers In week 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Free hit chip

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I checked this with the fpl.
It seems you only have 1FT after playing the FH (Yo-yo) Chip regardless of how many you had before.
So it's the same as playing a WC as far as transfers are concerned.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And the price hit?

Sounds a bit daft as Starting XI's are are hardly set in stone?

Viduka
Wideboy

Post by Viduka »

I have trippled on palace and 2 Chelsea players (Willian and Alonso). Im just very unsure about the 11 I Can field for week 2.

Forster
Danilo - Arnold - mee

Bruyne - Can - zaha - atsu

Kane - Benteke - Jesus

Bench : Elliot, Willian, Alonso and fosu mensah

I Got 34 points so far with kane still to play tomorrow.

Just know from last season, that an early Wildcard Can safe a season.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

You picked that team knowing when GW2 came along you would field those players.

Save the chips and hope for the best

Viduka
Wideboy

Post by Viduka »

If I use my free transfer before activating the chip (free hit) would my switch then stay when my team goes back to the old. If you understand :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Viduka wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 20:45 Just know from last season, that an early Wildcard Can safe a season.
Well WC then. FH is more a late season thing, I think as you will lose cash on Alonso..........

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Viduka wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:03 If I use my free transfer before activating the chip (free hit) would my switch then stay when my team goes back to the old. If you understand :)

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to revert back to what you had at the beginning of the GW regardless of any changes you make before activating the chip.

I'm agreeing with everyone else here - You'll find better uses for the chip later in the season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:34
Viduka wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:03 If I use my free transfer before activating the chip (free hit) would my switch then stay when my team goes back to the old. If you understand :)

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to revert back to what you had at the beginning of the GW regardless of any changes you make before activating the chip.

I'm agreeing with everyone else here - You'll find better uses for the chip later in the season.
I am almost certain that it gets lost in the FH.

Viduka
Wideboy

Post by Viduka »

Ok. Then i will consider wildcarding.
Do you guys know if I Can activate my Wildcard, play around, and Then maybe decide not to Wildcard before deadline?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Viduka wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:39 Ok. Then i will consider wildcarding.
Do you guys know if I Can activate my Wildcard, play around, and Then maybe decide not to Wildcard before deadline?

Definitely not.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:40
Viduka wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:39 Ok. Then i will consider wildcarding.

Definitely not.
Are you sure? I think you may be able to, but you'll get a points hit for all the transfers you've done. No difference in reality of course!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”