To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Summer transfers and FPL prospects

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Re: Summer transfers and FPL prospects

Post by SFC_Fan »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Ake to Bournemouth 20mil. He'll be straight into my team if the deal goes through, absolute fpl beast.
Great signing for Bournemouth. Really wanted him at Southampton.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

still finding my feet (still finding my waist, let alone my legs or feet).... enlighten me; why is he such a great FPL prospect?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Well he is a big goal threat, he scored three in 8 starts for Bournemouth before being recalled to Chelsea last season as well as well as keeping two clean sheets and getting 8 bps. His average points per game ratio in those eight starts being over 6.He ended the season priced below 4.0 as he only played 1 league game for Chelsea, so hoping he will be favourably priced. Also Bournemouth have decent opening fixtures.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SFC_Fan »

Sadly I think he will be 5.0.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SFC_Fan »

Either way he will make Bournemouth a far better defensive unit and their cheapest 4.5 will be far more likely to get CS points. Begovic will help too.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

The Username wrote:Sandro and Keane :arrow: Everton in the next few days.
Didn't you say that a week and a half ago? At this rate, they might just get them in on transfer deadline day :wink:

Seriously, word from Burnley's end is that Keane will be an Everton player by Monday.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Keane i believe was agreed in principal since January mate i know we were talking about it at the time, the big hitch was that he wanted to move to United and it looked off early in the window, he changed his mind when they signed Linderof even though United were still interested, letting Everton back in. His and Sandros deals have been pretty much agreed for weeks there is a little bit of strategy on here as its likely they will be announced in and around Rom leaving. Cuco Martina looks done as well.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Yeah, that all sounds plausible, just having a bit of fun.

Keane will be an excellent signing for Everton and really hard to replace for us. Any truth in the stories about Gray following Keane to Goodison, or players coming the other way (I've heard Niasse and McCarthy mentioned)?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

On the subject of Bournemouth, Defoe has just signed for a free.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

SFC_Fan wrote:Either way he will make Bournemouth a far better defensive unit and their cheapest 4.5 will be far more likely to get CS points. Begovic will help too.
Wasn't he dropped for some games???? Better FF wise than in reality???
Vsz wrote:On the subject of Bournemouth, Defoe has just signed for a free.
From what I have heard about his wage( demand)s that won't feel like a 'free' to the chairman - why Sunderland let him go I assume.

GreekGeekFromGweek
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Superb

Post by GreekGeekFromGweek »

murf wrote:Sunderland let him go I assume.
You assume wrong.

He had a release clause that he could activate in the event of relegation.

They got relegated, he activated it.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

GreekGeekFromGweek wrote:
murf wrote:Sunderland let him go I assume.
You assume wrong.

He had a release clause that he could activate in the event of relegation.

They got relegated, he activated it.
OK, by being crap and getting relegated, they let him go :wink:

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SFC_Fan »

murf wrote:
SFC_Fan wrote:Either way he will make Bournemouth a far better defensive unit and their cheapest 4.5 will be far more likely to get CS points. Begovic will help too.
From what I have heard about his wage( demand)s that won't feel like a 'free' to the chairman - why Sunderland let him go I assume.
Once he got the role in the team at CB he was nailed on.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

For 8 games.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SFC_Fan wrote:
murf wrote:
You mean after Chelsea said: play him or we'll have him back?

Won't Defoe shag their passing approach play by just shooting?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Well if they're paying twenty million squid for him he's gonna be nailed on to start!

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Llorente apparently injured himself while on holiday and could miss start of season for swansea. Abraham seem a strong possible 3rd striking option?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Tall Paul wrote:Yeah, that all sounds plausible, just having a bit of fun.

Keane will be an excellent signing for Everton and really hard to replace for us. Any truth in the stories about Gray following Keane to Goodison, or players coming the other way (I've heard Niasse and McCarthy mentioned)?
Ah I know that mate, we've been talking about Keane since January. Gray is on a list, I believe he is rated, but felt he is a bit raw, his contract situation and age are going for him, interest but nothing terribly far along to the best of my understanding, I believe Spurs also have an interest.

Both are available Niasse is the low hanging fruit I believe there has been interest from Turkey not heard anything else, he isn't premier league standard for me mate. McCarthy would be available for the right fee, but the club aren't in a rush to sell him for anything then a few million more then they paid, he's rated when fit but has had problems with injury and has annoyed Koeman a bit, I believe West Brom have enquirer haven't heard anything on Burnley either mate.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If Walker to City drags on long enough we might all have a default underpriced Trippier in one defensive position!

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SFC_Fan »

hancockjr wrote:For 8 games.
Yeah... when Chelsea re called him.

5 great results from those 8 games as well.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

The Username wrote:
Tall Paul wrote:Yeah, that all sounds plausible, just having a bit of fun.

Ah I know that mate, we've been talking about Keane since January. Gray is on a list, I believe he is rated, but felt he is a bit raw, his contract situation and age are going for him, interest but nothing terribly far along to the best of my understanding, I believe Spurs also have an interest.

Both are available Niasse is the low hanging fruit I believe there has been interest from Turkey not heard anything else, he isn't premier league standard for me mate. McCarthy would be available for the right fee, but the club aren't in a rush to sell him for anything then a few million more then they paid, he's rated when fit but has had problems with injury and has annoyed Koeman a bit, I believe West Brom have enquirer haven't heard anything on Burnley either mate.
Thanks, good info.

I'm not sure Gray is ready for the step up to Everton or Spurs just yet, but it doesn't look like he wants to sign a new contract so would imagine he'll leave. As you say, the prospect of replacing him with Niasse doesn't really excite.

I don't think McCarthy is in our price range wages wise, but think he'd a good signing.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Tall Paul wrote:
Thanks, good info.

I'm not sure Gray is ready for the step up to Everton or Spurs just yet, but it doesn't look like he wants to sign a new contract so would imagine he'll leave. As you say, the prospect of replacing him with Niasse doesn't really excite.

I don't think McCarthy is in our price range wages wise, but think he'd a good signing.
I know Benitez has had a long term interest in him. Be interesting to see if Newcastle make a move for him.

A lot of bed-wetting going on amongst NUFC fans atm re: lack of signings. Same with every fanbase? Slightly understandable here given Ashley/Charnley's history.

Btw, I'd love Gray up at Newcastle.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

The Toon Man wrote:
Tall Paul wrote:
Thanks, good info.

I know Benitez has had a long term interest in him. Be interesting to see if Newcastle make a move for him.

A lot of bed-wetting going on amongst NUFC fans atm re: lack of signings. Same with every fanbase? Slightly understandable here given Ashley/Charnley's history.

It's certainly the same with Burnley's re: the lack of signings, almost as if there isn't a whole two months of the transfer window to go.

(Paper) talk of Gray wanting £100k a week so I'm not sure how that would fit in with Newcastle's structure. I think a club like Newcastle would be the next logical step for him, clearly a bigger club than Burnley with bigger ambitions. Hope we can keep him though.

Heard Mbemba being rumoured as a Keane replacement. Don't know much about him, but looking at Wiki, he wasn't a regular for you last season so could be a goer?

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

blahblah wrote:
SFC_Fan wrote:
murf wrote:
You mean after Chelsea said: play him or we'll have him back?

Won't Defoe shag their passing approach play by just shooting?
Only Wenger insists on continuing to pass the ball around once you get inside the oppositions 6 yard box!

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Stemania wrote:If Walker to City drags on long enough we might all have a default underpriced Trippier in one defensive position!
Here's hoping.

Trying to work out if it'd be the same with Iheanacho. He started last sesaon at 7.0. Hard to see him coming in at above 6.5 if he stays at City, but if he moves to West Ham/Everton/Saints then might he see a hike to the 7.0-8.0 bracket? I still think he'd be my default 3rd striker at anything up to 7.5m - much as Benteke was in the season just gone.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

cesc408 wrote:Llorente apparently injured himself while on holiday and could miss start of season for swansea. Abraham seem a strong possible 3rd striking option?
Apparently, he's going to be fit for the start of the season.

However, I think Abraham is good enough to already be/become Swansea's number one striker with or without Llorente's injury. He almost has the size and physicality of Llorente, whilst having more pace. I don't know if Clement played two up top at Derby (mental note to check transfermarkt) but Abraham is going to be a great third striker option as long as he's priced at 6.5m or under IMO (kinda dependent on Siggy staying obviously).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: Summer transfers and FPL prospects

Post by Billy Bongo »

Tall Paul wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
Tall Paul wrote:
Thanks, good info.

It's certainly the same with Burnley's re: the lack of signings, almost as if there isn't a whole two months of the transfer window to go.

(Paper) talk of Gray wanting £100k a week so I'm not sure how that would fit in with Newcastle's structure. I think a club like Newcastle would be the next logical step for him, clearly a bigger club than Burnley with bigger ambitions. Hope we can keep him though.

Heard Mbemba being rumoured as a Keane replacement. Don't know much about him, but looking at Wiki, he wasn't a regular for you last season so could be a goer?
Dawson from Brom maybe

Taylor deal I think going to tribunal, the 60p we offered for Walters rejected, Ambammeryonger from Forest dying as a rumour, Clucas to replace Boyd

That's me rumoured out oh and someone else from Barnsley thirds as well

Sent from mobile

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Apparently Rooney on loan to Everton is pretty much done deal?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Predictions for Lacazette price? He'll probably be on penalties, so 10.0m?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

tarkens wrote:Apparently Rooney on loan to Everton is pretty much done deal?
Yes its pretty much a done deal, progress was made on it last week and its at the formalities stage, i haven't heard if its a loan or not.

Sigurdsson remain a target and progress is hoped when he returns to the UK on Friday even with Rooney. Giroud is a target as well whether he fancies the move is a different thing.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”