To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Summer transfers and FPL prospects

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Re: Summer transfers and FPL prospects

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

[quote="Notned"]Javier Hernandez to West Ham by the looks of it. Could be a huge tempter if priced at 7m or less...[/quote
As a Man United fan I always wanted to pick him in the past but could never rely on him starting. Hope the deal goes through love watching such a natural finisher.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Roberton to LFC confirmed. The end of Milner in the XI or will he be played elsewhere? Can't see it in the attack ahead of the main 4. Possibly CM alongside Henderson or am I clutching at straws here to keep him in my team?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Chicarito to West Ham? Could be a great 3rd striker option
Guess he'd be competing with Iheanacho, who seems to be destined for Leicester very soon.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Giroud to Everton... alongside Rooney... hmm...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ud-handed/

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

From4corners wrote:
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Chicarito to West Ham? Could be a great 3rd striker option
Guess he'd be competing with Iheanacho, who seems to be destined for Leicester very soon.
Leicester are surely going to have to sell a few strikers. Vardy, Okazaki, Musa, Slimani, and Ulloa and now Iheanacho. All that and no European games seems a bit much!

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

Morata to Chelsea as Costa's replacement - these stats are from BBC Sport ....

Morata v Lacazette v Lukaku - the stats 2016-17

Morata Lacazette Lukaku
Games 26; 30; 37
Minutes 1,331; 2,408; 3,267
Goals 15; 28; 25
Assists 4; 3; 6
Minutes per goal 89; 86; 131
Total shots 55; 84; 110

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

swadd1er wrote:Roberton to LFC confirmed. The end of Milner in the XI or will he be played elsewhere? Can't see it in the attack ahead of the main 4. Possibly CM alongside Henderson or am I clutching at straws here to keep him in my team?
From what I'm reading, he's still the main LB for this season.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Liverpool buy a left back and sell 2 central midfielders in a week.

You do the maths.....

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

murf wrote:Liverpool buy a left back and sell 2 central midfielders in a week.

You do the maths.....
Doesn't change things as far as I can see (and as far as any L'pool fan I've spoken to can see). Quite evident that Liverpool are intent on signing Keita which covers the gap left by Leiva, and Stewart's role at the club saw him play 20 games in his entire career at Anfield, and those were spread across covering different positions.

Obviously Milner covers the midfield role and offers options for Klopp, but I'd say it's still clear that won't be his intended position unless injuries dictate the situation.

In any case, him in midfield makes him an even more attractive option for me...

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I fancy Milner to get games at RB.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Zimmerman wrote:I fancy Milner to get games at RB.
Not sure on that one. Trent Alexander-Armstrong seems an able deputy for Clyne. Not sure re Gomez' future but he is an option too. Flanagan too - til he is sold.

To be honest I expect Milner to start at LB with Robertson taking over 'at some stage' especially if we get midfield injuries meaning Milner moves in/up.

Last season I think Klopp wanted to play Milner somewhere, anywhere because he was too good and solid to leave out so why not LB?? With an improvement in squad quality (ahem, I hope, etc) then this no longer necessarily applies plus he is another year older.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Arnautovic to West Ham.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Danilo to Man City.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Danilo confirmed to City for 26m.

Along with Walker, Ederson, and with Mendy on the way too apparently, looks like pretty much a new defensive unit.

Pep will have a job settling them all down in just a couple of weeks, especially as it seems to me that he doesn't enjoy the defensive side of coaching!

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Re: RE: Re: Summer transfers and FPL prospects

Post by thebillfella »

Gambit wrote:Danilo confirmed to City for 26m.

Along with Walker, Ederson, and with Mendy on the way too apparently, looks like pretty much a new defensive unit.

Pep will have a job settling them all down in just a couple of weeks, especially as it seems to me that he doesn't enjoy the defensive side of coaching!
Will Danilo start though?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Summer transfers and FPL prospects

Post by Gambit »

thebillfella wrote:
Gambit wrote:Danilo confirmed to City for 26m.

Will Danilo start though?
Who knows? it's Pep!

Not only multiple options all over the pitch but you never know where a player will end up at any given time :D

There were times last season where the likes of Clichy were almost in the 10 role and Aguero was on the half way line!

puts me right off City players.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Mendy signs for City from Monaco. 1st choice left back.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Zimmerman wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 19:55 I fancy Milner to get games at RB.
I mentioned this before. I don't think it's too much of a push to think that if Clyne was out, Milner could move to right back and Robertson to left back depending on the form, etc of Alexander-Arnold and Robertson at the time

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Crystal Palace signed 20 years old Dutch CB Jairo Riedewald from Ajax.
It doesn't seem like he was first choice last year however he started 11 league games and the Europa League finale. Maybe signed to play the as the left CB in a back 3 (he's left footed)?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Hernandez signs for the Hammers. Huge signing for them.

I would have him in place of Gayle in my squad but he'll be around the 8m price similar to Defoe and Benteke I'd imagine.

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

I'm guessing Hernandez at 7.5m.

Hoping to see Riedewald at 4.5m. Fully expecting that price as well.

If he keeps up impressing Clement, FPL may soon need to add in Kyle Bartley. A potential 4.0m option that could see more gametime than most of the others in that price range.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

asm_fanz wrote: Crystal Palace signed 20 years old Dutch CB Jairo Riedewald from Ajax.
It doesn't seem like he was first choice last year however he started 11 league games and the Europa League finale. Maybe signed to play the as the left CB in a back 3 (he's left footed)?
Interesting transfer. He was first choice under De Boer when at Ajax, though when Bosz took over he ended up as a reserve. He played the Europa League Final because Viergever was suspended.

If I had to guess, I'd say he won't come in as a first choice. Maybe later in the season... He does seem a player Palace miss at the back though. Great technical ability and vision, but lacks the physical aspect to be first choice in the Premier League (at the moment) I think.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

swadd1er wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 21:46 Hernandez signs for the Hammers. Huge signing for them.
More like a little (pea sized) one?

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Southampton Midfielder

Post by andybarrell »

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Southampton Midfielder

Post by Pulpy »

I wonder how Lemina fits into their line up. A box to box midfielder who does not score many goals. He probably strengthens their defence but he can apparently also play wing back. Sitting currently with Cedric and Ward Prowse in my team I'm a little concerned. Any Saints fans care to offer an opinion on who Lemina replaces?
Last edited by Pulpy on 09 Aug 2017, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wood?

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Ah yes, I see what you mean! Edited now thanks.

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Southampton have got a plethora of centre-mids now, Hojberg, Clasie, Davis now all unlikely to start once this guy slots into the team.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Pulpy wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 08:45 I wonder how Lemina fits into their line up. A box to box midfielder who does not score many goals. He probably strengthens their defence but he can apparently also play wing back. Sitting currently with Cedric and Ward Prowse in my team I'm a little concerned. Any Saints fans care to offer an opinion on who Lemina replaces?
Not a Saints supporter, but I'd hazard a guess they'd line up like:

Gabbiadini
Tadic - JWP - Redmond
Lemina - Romeu

They usually go 4-2-3-1. Id say Cedric is almost nailed on to start. JwP could be a question mark if they want to get Boufal into the lineup, though based on preseason I think JWP starts and he's also got the potential to be handling corners and sharing free kick duty.

I currently own Cedric, Bertrand and JWP. I think all three will start at the weekend.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I have JWP currently as fourth mid, and think he could be the best in that range as he has the combonation of fixtures and set pieces, but I'm worried about his game time.

Looks as though the new boy is more a holding mid so won't directly challenge him, but I had a scan of the SOuthamptoon forums and was surprised by how little a lot of their fans seem to rate JWP. Not that they pick the team, of course.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”